Silverlight Terrace to the stars, with regards
his crown was ever changing made as it was by leaves and berries of the season
228 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
scout thread 2 of 4. tagging for reference — there is no obligation to hop in Kati, unless you want to, of course! :-)

Night descends upon the Wilds rapidly, velveteen colors of dusk and further night conquer the last, stubborn vestiges of the day like ink carelessly spilled across parchment. It is a breathtaking sight, Mato thinks even though he knows that he and @Seabreeze cannot afford the time to stop and admire it. They have covered much land over the course of the day and soon he thinks it would do them both well to find a territory to bed down and rest for the night. Mato reminds himself he must temper his eagerness to find a place to build Tindómë, to quiet the calling long enough to regard his companion. Gracious Seabreeze! Whom had decided to partake in this new chapter of his life (of their lives?) with him. He must think of her, of course. A leader must be able to regard his subordinates and put them first. “We should bed here for the night,” He suggests. To the south of them is a pack’s territory: a looming mountain at their back but they are plenty far from their borders in free territory and so long as they continue to hug the outskirts of the Terrace Mato does not think it should present much issue.

After a long moment, a wistful sigh leaves the lips of the starlit druid as he takes in the ethereal beauty of this particular territory: admiring how the bright moon above causes the grass to look silvery. It is beautiful and he thinks that if not for the fact that there is a pack directly to the south he might have liked to have this territory for Tindómë; but he holds true to what he told her: he seeks a territory away from the immediate area of other packs. As perfect as Silverlight Terrance was: it was not perfect enough and thus they would need to keep searching. “It is a shame there is a pack directly to the south of this territory. It would have made a lovely territory for Tindómë.” He gives voice to his previous thought, sparing a glance at his companion. “Are you hungry? Perhaps we should hunt.” The druid muses, a slightly sheepish grin tugging at the corners of his lips as he regards the rumble of hunger in his own stomach. Surely, they could find something substantial for the two of them to share.
His ears cup forth atop his skull only to swivel back with an errant twitch as he remains alert to the territory around them.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

As always, I will not be posting with her every round so feel free to skip her.

The pair continued through the evening and well into the earliest part of the night.  The girl has kept quiet for the most part unless spoken to; she is deep in her own thought.  She can feel the eagerness inside him, eating him up, but she can also see his patience and it is that the woman respects.  He works to stir her and her attention is suddenly rapt, focused on her Morwinyon.

I supose you're right.  It is late.  She rolls her shoulders and stretches out, taking in the view above (and a little bit of the one at her side as well!) before sitting down to rest her paws.  It would have.  But you will find your kingdom, Mato.  Her words are meant to reassure him — she was intent as now as ever to follow him to the ends of the earth and beyond and she did not doubt that there would be some place in Teekon that would be suitable.  More than suitable.

I could eat, she mused, rising to all fours once more.  [q]I will follow you, imnë haran.[/q]

[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]

nebulae and stardust
69 Posts
Ooc — Sonia

Her first stop had been to the Fen. If her mother had gone anywhere, it would be there she felt - and yet, there had be nothing of Pearl to be found. She had made the mistake of drinking her fill of the waters there, quickly becoming near delirious. It had taken her past the Caldera and then north, she'd even seen the sea! By the time she'd come back to herself she knew a few things. One, she was utterly lost, and two, she had no intentions of ever returning to the Caldera when she did find her way. 

She hadn't been happy there and while she didn't like the solitude either it was better to her than being somewhere she felt unwanted and unwelcome. While being alone wasn't great either it at least gave her time to do the things that she wanted. She could explore, making her feel like she at least had a chance to find Mato and Pearl, and she could hone her skills more for her own good. 

She'd wandered for the day before catching a hare, lying down with the blood still cooling on her on her muzzle to enjoy her kill as night fell around her. 

You're picture perfect blue
Sunbathing on the moon
Stars shining as your bones illuminate
228 Posts
Ooc —
Mato offers Seabreeze a soft smile, and his tail gives a soft twitch as she calls him ‘her king’. Haran that is a title he does not feel he is worthy of; not yet at least. Calling himself the fourth brightest star in the northern hemisphere is one thing but king was a whole different thing. Still, he does not correct her. If she wishes to call him king then that is her choice and she is welcome to do so (even if he does not agree). He makes to move, to begin the task of finding them something to eat, whether it be together or split and go their individual ways when the scent of blood, pungent and fresh greets him. Black, leathery nostrils flare and umbra dusted cape hairs bristle with unease. He had not scented anyone as they’d made their way around the outskirt of the Terrace but it is clear that they are not the only predators here. He cast a glimpse back at Aerlinn, a means of silent communication that he, of course, is going to go investigate before he follows the scent.

The figure looks like any other wolf in the shadows and moonlight, but he recognizes her. Or he thinks he does. Perhaps he is just helplessly hopeful. “Nova?” Her names comes from him, a little bit breathless, a little bit choking. Could it be? But Sebastian had told him that she, along with their mother, was missing. Umbra dipped ears flutter back, to rest at half mast atop his skull but the empyrean does not rush forward hoping that he has not made an embarrassing mistake by mistaking someone else for his (missing) sister.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

For a moment she is gripped by fear because the scent of gore was so suddenly present in front of them when just before she had scented little.  She bristles involuntarily before Mato looks back at her, frozen in place as he steps forward. They see it at the same time: a she-wolf, laying with her kill and licking the blood off of her muzzle contentedly.  Seabreeze keeps her distance but Mato is fixed on her, and he says just a name: "Nova?"

She could sense something in his voice, this individual was important to him in some way.  The yearling slipped out quietly, hoping to find something for herself and Mato to eat and also to give the pair some privacy for a while. She'd stay close enough that if anything happened she could come to her companion's call, but for some reason she felt little worry.

[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]

nebulae and stardust
69 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
If she was quiet, she might have felt his approach, heard some whisper somewhere that would warn her but instead she was too focused on her kill and the need to sustain herself. She wasn't typically unaware, in fact Nova was astute and tended to be hyper focused on others - her perception was built on their responses to things. Of course she took things to heart and one bad encounter would only force her feelings and emotions further, but it didn't mean that she wasn't aware of things. She'd only torn a couple bites off the rabbit when she heard someone approach and quickly swallowed them down. One paw shifted on top of her kill, her fur bristling in anticipation when she realized they'd come so close to her.

But the voice! Oh - she might have sobbed, might have thrown herself into his embrace, her bright eyes widening as her own name was uttered by the very wolf who had claimed her thoughts for months and months. A fresh heat warmed her cheeks and she tried to clean her muzzle before she turned, tail wagging behind her. He had changed, but so had she, and there was no longer a tiny puppy standing before him but a grown woman. He was handsome, of course, a sort of majestic sense to his posture and his body. His voice was different too, only vaguely shifted from her memory but the cadence of it was all the same. It was him - her brother, given back to her after so many months apart. 

"I looked for you - I never stopped, not looking, or thinking of you." She breathed out quickly before she closed the distance between them and pressed her head right to his chest, finally near sagging with relief. It wasn't Pearl she'd found, but still, it was a piece of her very soul that had been missing for so long.
Sunbathing on the moon
228 Posts
Ooc —
It wasn’t that Mato ever thought his family wouldn’t miss him but there is inherent and unbidden surprise, fierce and burning as Nova declares that she had never stopped looking for him, nor of thinking of him as she crosses the distance between them. He did not anticipate that he would be missed as much as he had been, in truth. When he had made the promise to Sebastian, that if he saw her again he would send Nova his way the truth was that the druid had not anticipated seeing his sister again. Nor Pearl. Their mother is not with her and as his sister presses her head to his chest he cannot bring up Sebastian knowing there there is tension between the two and selfishly the empyrean does not deign to ruin this moment. “I was only to the east,” He assures her with a choked sort of laugh, but in truth he burned with shame. Shame that he had caused Nova such worry when she needn’t. He’d been perfectly safe in Northstar Vale. “I am sorry I caused you such distress, Nova.” The druid murmurs against the fur of her neck, preening it with his tongue for a moment in a gesture akin to a cat.

The druid inhales deeply and lets it out in a softened exhale, breathing in her scent. Out all of his siblings, if he had to say which one he thought he was the closest to, it would be Nova and he was overjoyed to see her again. “I am leaving the Vale though,” Mato admits after a short silence. “on comradely terms I hope.” The druid adds with a swipe of his salmon pink tongue across his jowls. “I seek to build a pack of my own.” He gives a lengthy pause here as he gauges her reaction to his words, ears swiveling forth, attentive, atop his skull.
nebulae and stardust
69 Posts
Ooc — Sonia

Nova nuzzled into him, relieved to have found Mato again and the sensation of feeling complete stuck with her. "I was so worried when we moved, the Fen - the water became corrupted, and Daddy took us back to the Caldera....I hated it there." Nova admitted, wincing even as she looked up at him. She pressed a few gently kisses to his cheek, considering what he was saying and how it fit into everything that was now. It gave her plenty to think if but Mato - he was ethereal, he was beyond the realm of the world and its basic ways. She had always known that. 

He was pure, and he was just, and she supported his claim wholeheartedly. "Would you appease your wayward sister and give her a haven, too?" Nova asked with a curve of a smile, looking up hopefully at him. All she could hope was that they would not find one another only to be parted again - but it would not do her much good to panic over that until she knew. "Mama is missing, I had left the Caldera to find her... But I haven't seen anything of her." She admitted, realizing it was only right to tell him about about that development too. 
Sunbathing on the moon
228 Posts
Ooc —
The poisoned water, the move to the Caldera — these were all things that Sebastian had told him, but Mato nods as Nova gives him the run down version nevertheless. Idly, the druid cannot help but wonder why Nova hated the Caldera so much but does not press her for an answer. Instead, he accepts her words for she is entitled to her opinions and feelings and there does not always need to be a reason. Umbra dipped ears flutter against his skull to rest at half mast there as she inquires if he would accept her into Tindómë’s fold …as if she even needed to ask. “Of course,” The druid responds, as if there was no other answer to that question (because, to him, there wasn’t). “Tindómë will not operate like a standard pack. The dominance of the tiers, somewhat aside from leadership,” because a pack has to have leadership but that did not mean it would not be a position earned. Mato understands he has to earn his place among them as Morwinyon and has done nothing but strive towards that from the start. “will come from knowledge and expressed skill as opposed to traditional dominance. Tindómë is built around the trades, their specialties and masteries. The masters hold the highest dominance beneath leadership, beneath the masters it is the wolves that have earned specialties, beneath them the basic trades, then the apprentices and then those that have yet to earn a trade.” In Mato’s mind: anyone can claim to be the most dominant, can waltz in and hold their tail high and snarl loud and exert themselves with aggression but that hardly means they deserve or even know how to be a leader/higher in the tiers. Tindómë is designed to cull that practice as primal and unappealing as it is to the druid. This is where the empyrean pauses though, allowing his sister take in the information he has (perhaps unceremoniously) dumped upon her and make her final decision on whether it sounds like something she wishes to be apart of and build or not.
nebulae and stardust
69 Posts
Ooc — Sonia

Nova was relieved when Mato said she would naturally be taken in, her tail thrumming a few more times as he spoke. The pack format that he laid out, the promise of knowledge and sharing it - that delighted her. It made things more natural in her mind, where order wasn't simply dictated by blood or by your convictions. It was too easy for tooth and nail to dictate what some wanted, but to be civilized - that seemed to be a higher calling altogether and one she could see for Mato. "I still have a great interest in the heavens and stars. Weather especially intrigues me still." She promised. She hadn't forgotten what Odette had taught her, and that was a foundation she'd wanted to build on. "Have you found a place yet?" She asked curiously, still not drawing back too far from Mato's side. 

Sunbathing on the moon
228 Posts
Ooc —
Morwinyon draws in a breath glad that she did not appear to be swayed in her decision to join, to aid him as he explains the map of ideas he has for Tindómë. In fact, he feels a certain swell of relief within the curve of his chest: a feeling he will come to know quite well as more wolves join him and his cause — especially those several years his elder. It is easy for the druid to forget that he is still not even a year old, yet (so much so that he does not even think of it anymore). A smile tugs at the corners of his lips as Nova expresses that she still has interest in the stars. “I have earned the Naturalist trade about a month or so before I left the Vale but I would be honored for us to share knowledge and to learn with you.” There was always more to learn, especially when it came to the stars and heavens. Was a master even truly finished learning? Somehow, the empyrean doubts it. Their love of the stars, however, is something the siblings have in common and Mato sees no reason why they couldn’t use that to strengthen their bond. “Not yet. I seek to settle somewhere in the Tuktu Hinterlands,” He admits with a lofty shrug of his shoulders. “I will know the perfect territory when we find it.” For the druid would settle for nothing less than what he deems perfection for Tindómë.
nebulae and stardust
69 Posts
Ooc — Sonia

Nova didn't think she truly needed to hear that Mato still harbored a great love for the stars. Still it warmed her heart and she nuzzled against his jaw for a moment, relaxing in a way she hadn't in months. She was thinner for being alone, maybe a bit more reclusive, but certainly no worse for the wear. "I've got a hare we can split if you want to talk about your plans more, maybe we can map the path with the stars on the way."  

True to spirit Nova was getting a bit ahead of herself, ready and eager to get going on this new adventure. She hadn't gone to the Hinterlands - maybe Pearl would have gone there for some strange, unknown reason. "I've never gone there before. I'm sure it will be beautiful, though." Nova felt confident in that. She guided her brother back to the discarded kill, settling down to eat and enjoy the promise of what their futures might bring them. 

Sunbathing on the moon