King Elk Forest something beautiful happened here
VENI · VIDI · VICI
93 Posts
Ooc — cas
Trajan is a creature of tradition, as was his father...perhaps not his father's father, but the majority of his bloodline — the Roman side of it, at least — values tradition. His last name might not mean anything to the younger wolf, but it meant everything to the Roman, much unlike his attitude towards first names in general which he thought of as skins to wear and shed. He wishes to live up to his ancestors, his ancestors of both bloodlines, and although he has changed his surname, he still feels very much part of his ancestry.

"That's good," Trajan smiles thoughtfully, "I like nontraditional packs." Yes, he values tradition, but Noctem Vagus wasn't exactly a traditional pack, with its legionnaires and praetors and senates. Traj values tradition, not tradition in general, but his and his family's tradition.

Mato proceeds to tell him the basic foundation of the pack, and his ideas for it. It is to be based on trades, it appears, where skills and knowledge would allow you to rise. He licks his lip, gazing thoughtfully at the younger male through orbs of copper and ocean. 

"It's unique," Trajan says, after a moment, rolling his shoulders to ease the tension that had gathered. He pauses again, gaze wandering elsewhere — to the trees that surrounded them and the dancing shadows and the rays of light on the forest floor. "I'm a soldier, a mercenary, mainly," Trajan's shifts his weight between his paws, "I aim to be a counselor as well and I'll like to join, if you'll have me." The silver beast's crown lowers respectfully to the aspiring King of the forest. He has no qualms with submitting to the younger male — many times he finds himself underestimated by older wolves, and although he had judged Mato when he first hears of his wish, he does not want to act like the wolves who looked down upon him. Mato seems like he would do a good job, and Trajan wishes to support him.

"Tindómë," the word feels unfamiliar on Trajan's tongue, but he has learned a lot of languages in his life. "What language is that, by the way?" he asks, his eyes softening just a fraction. "It's very nice. I'll love to learn."
PLUTO
god of the dead and wealth
lord of the underworld
PATRON GOD
[Image: 501c0ec5-fff5-44f9-b058-4df11604e755.png]

Messages In This Thread
something beautiful happened here - by rip gemini - July 20, 2017, 08:14 AM
RE: something beautiful happened here - by Trajan - July 20, 2017, 08:57 AM
RE: something beautiful happened here - by Seabreeze - July 20, 2017, 11:59 AM
RE: something beautiful happened here - by rip gemini - July 20, 2017, 12:27 PM
RE: something beautiful happened here - by Trajan - July 20, 2017, 08:50 PM
RE: something beautiful happened here - by rip gemini - July 21, 2017, 04:01 AM