Altar of Twilight just looking for dinner napkins
worlds best dad award winner
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
All Welcome 
@Gannet, I thought I'd go ahead and start us another one, for them starting the mountain trek! Jump in if you want or I could pp Gannet nearby if you'd rather :D

Lagan and Gannet were really getting somewhere. Only a day had passed and they'd already made it to the mountains! Huzzah! They really were quite the team. It might have been a stupid ass idea, but Lagan was determined to go over the mountains. Not around them, over them. At first he'd literally tried to run up the side of a ninety degree angle stone wall, but realized quickly that it wasn't going to work. Instead he found a path that was still going through and onto the mountain, just not straight up it.

He now had found himself in a ravine, a little dip surrounded by stone walls that made him just the teensiest bit claustrophobic. He was sure that Gannet wasn't far behind, so he continued on with valor and heart. They were going to make it to the other side, and it was going to be glorious.
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
omg sorry I'm failing! Goal for next week is keeping up on these :D

When Lagan brought up going over the mountains instead of around, another wolf probably would have side-eyed and laughed.... but definitely not Gannet.  He was thrilled! Not only would he get to see the mountain from below, but he'd get to see the world from on top too, and how cool was that gonna be?

The less cool part was getting up there.  Neither of them being much experienced with this kind of place, Gannet was having equal struggles, though he wasn't too bothered by the close confines.  Close spaces and heights didn't bother him much, but wow the elevation was killing his legs.

Gannet paused to stretch, then jogged forward to try and catch Lagan, who was pushing ahead with a bit more determination than Gannet's distracted self had.

"What d'you think's on top?" He asked, referring to the mountain, his voice slightly hushed with the silence around them.
Gannet's face and body are open books; you are more than welcome to distinctly notice any emotion written in his posts.
(Most thread titles come from Into the Fire from the Scarlet Pimpernel)
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Lagan turned his head at Gannet's question, a smile on his face but he was panting. Huh. I don't know. Probably like, the sun or something. He said with a shrug, hopping over a large rock. He wanted to talk to Gannet more, to keep his mind off the fact that he was super tired, so he started thinking of all the things that could be on the top of the mountain. It could be the sun yeah, but what if it's like, an alien or something! What if it's got a bunch o tentacles and it's all oozy and stuff!
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
The sun?  Yeah, could be.  Gannet liked the idea of an alien better though... it would be much cooler to see.  Plus the sun hurt to look at even from the bottom of the mountain, it'd be awful to see from up close.

"Or maybe a giant," he said, lifting his front paws to scramble up and over another rocky patch.  His conversation with Birk came to mind, and he shook his head.  "If it is, I bet we could take it." If the Caldera wolf was any indication of what a giant was, they really weren't as big as stories gave them credit for.
Gannet's face and body are open books; you are more than welcome to distinctly notice any emotion written in his posts.
(Most thread titles come from Into the Fire from the Scarlet Pimpernel)
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Gannet offered something else to the brainstorm pile, he said there could be a giant at the top. There very well could be a giant at the top, but Lagan had a counter question to that. A giant what? A giant wolf? And how big is the giant? Like in comparison to me? Cause if it's a wolf that's like 3 times bigger than me, my money's on it. But if it's a huge bunny rabbit, then my bets on us. He explained, pausing in his tracks to let Gannet catch up to him. Once they were side by side, Lagan started walking again, his ears perked to listen but his eyes focused on the rocky trail ahead.