Northstar Vale we sail the length of sea
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Private 
@Seabreeze! Set for before Rannoch and Liffey head to Redhawk Caldera.

Rannoch had woken that morning with every intention of reacquainting himself with the pack's newest recruit, Seabreeze. Their first interaction could have gone better, as Rannoch had gotten snappy with her, but he felt that today was a new day and that they could work on getting on the right foot with one another. 

He had spent a majority of his time tracking down a suitable rabbit that morning. After a few attempts and failures partnered with said efforts, he finally came up with something suitable. It was nearly early-afternoon as he stood over the lifeless body and cleaned the blood off of his muzzle and even with his hunger, as it had been quite some time since he had last eaten, he knew that this meal was one that would be shared. 

He tipped his muzzle back suddenly, driven by both hunger and anticipation, as he requested the woman's presence near the centermost part of the territory where he was currently positioned. Upon her arrival, the Alpha would redirect them to the shade of a nearby tree.
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist
The woman had been isolated, keeping to herself after her arrival.  She had taken the time to heal and had since been contributing the way she could as a sole wolf - staying on scent trails and contributing trinkets and such to the cache.

When her alpha calls for her, she is terrified — yet still she hurries towards him throwing a hasty call back into the air as if to say - I am coming!  The fresh scent of meat and blood is ever-present as she arrives and her stomach growls, but she does not come close.  She respects Rannoch, giving him his space with his kill.

I have come.  What is it you need?
[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]

Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Even with her immediate reply, Rannoch was impressed with how quickly she had reached him. Upon her arrival, the Alpha's tail wagged, and he looked fondly at her, happy that she had been so willing to comply with his calling. 

"Seabreeze," he greeted, his attention falling briefly to the morsel at his paws before his attention returned to her. "I caught us lunch if you're hungry." It was as he offered up the rabbit that he realized that the context of the meal was still unknown to her, so he worked quickly to alleviate this. "I wanted to see how you were doing and how you like the Vale." His apology would come in time; once the wolves settled in to eat and had gotten past their initial greetings.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

Her tail wagged softly and she dipped her head as he greeted her. Greetings.  I do appreciate it!  She moved closer, taking the rabbit's stomach in her jaws and enjoying a small afternoon snack.

She would wait for them to finish before she answered his second question. I am doing well.  I seem to have healed up properly.  I've been searching for things to fill the cache and such as well while I was ill, but now that I am healthy if there is anything you require, please let me know.

She hoped this would please him; although she had more information for him that she intended to bring up if this was not good enough.

Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
As Rannoch as anticipated, Seabreeze was quick in accepting his offer. Watching with a smile as she advanced, Rannoch nudged the body in her direction and allowed her the first bite. He followed after her initial bite, tearing at the tender flesh of its flank. Savoring every mouthful, Rannoch took his time in eating as he enjoyed the company he had in his newest recruit. Talking would come in time, but, for now, the pair would feast. 

It was as he leaned away from the kill and rid his pale muzzle of any stray pieces of meat as Seabreeze spoke. Nodding to the information that she provided. "I've noticed that the caches were seeming much fuller," he remarked with a growing smile, although he had been oblivious to just who had provided. Now that he had an answer, he had somebody to direct his praise to. "I very much appreciate your efforts in providing-- thank you, Seabreeze." his tail thumped upon the ground as he spoke. "I also appreciate you being understanding to my biting remarks upon our first meeting. It's not like me to be so... rude," as he spoke, his expression declined as he turned apologetic. "I know it may be weird for an Alpha to apologize like this, too, but that's how I run things around here. You guys are my family, and I want you to be treated as fairly as possible." He frowned, knowing that he hadn't been very fair in her acceptance.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

The siren dipped her head in humility at his praise.  She was just doing what she thought was correct, which just so happened to be working herself to the bone to provide for her family. Thank you.

And then he apologies to her and she freezes because although she feels like yes, she deserves this apology she knows two things — she had been out of line by not raising a call to the pack's borders she had trespassed on, and she held no position to be so brash.  And it is not like me to be so forgetful.  I was in so much pain, Rannoch.  And it had not been just physical pain, she had dealt with the mental anguish of being alone, holding the weight of the world on her shoulders like Atlas at the awareness of her own mortality.

As of late she had been dealing with some.. feelings as well.  Things she did not know how to describe — grieving for individuals who might not exist or might have passed on.

No, I admire the respect you have for your family. I feel.. as if to run a pack smoothly that every wolf should have their say.  You must forgive me but I do not.. like the idea that because one can hold his tail the highest that nobody should voice their concern for the way they lead.  Not that I have any issue with how you lead, and here she would issue a nervous chuckle.

And she didn't!  The Vale had been so kind to her but there was a blanket of anxiety that loomed over her constantly, and she knew very little of what was causing it.

But really, I cannot say I would have been kinder. Although she would have, because Brienne is a kind and too-soft soul who could not bring herself to do any harm.

Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
His psyche grew heavy with her response, sending his ears to fall along upon his crown as he listened. "I understand," he replied, his mouth becoming dry as he floundered to find the right words. In his meeting with this ocean, Rannoch had also felt pain, and to this day it occasionally haunted his dreams. "It wasn't the best interaction for either of us," he decided. But, quickly added, "But now that we're family, I'm happy to put that behind us if you are." He waited with bated breath, hoping that she would oblige. 

From here, the nymph went on the speak her opinion in regards to leadership, and as he followed along with what was being said, the Alpha nodded. Like Seabreeze, Rannoch also did not understand those who were not receptive to feedback from their pack. "I wholeheartedly agree," he replied, his expression thoughtful. "I don't understand leaders who don't cherish their members and the opinions they share." He paused, attention to gather the thoughts that he wished to share. "Without the pack, the Alpha is nothing, you know?" 

To her last statement, Rannoch smiled gently. "Thank you; I appreciate the sentiment." And he honestly did, knowing that Bre wasn't obligated to share this.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

Coach thread for us both, maybe?  :p

She came to forgive him quite easily and smiled at this exchange because it was the exact sentiment she held.  It was true — she considered the entire Vale her family, including those she had not yet met.  

You're welcome.  Of course we can.  She listened to him agree with her about pack life as well and once again was pleased with what she heard.  The thought once again returned to her that she was incredibly lucky to have fallen on the Vale's doorstep when she needed help the most.

Yes, exactly.  I think.. individuals need a leader to unite them.  That individual should take into account what is best for the whole family.  And I don't necessarily think rank should be based off of who can hold their tail highest, who is most aggressive, like it often seems to be.

You have a good heart, Rannoch.  I like what I have seen from you and the way you lead the Vale, and I believe this exchange is equally important and pleasant.

She smiled gently and chuckled. I have been trying to introduce myself to others but it's so hard to track them down and not interrupt.  Do you mind if I could hold a get-together of some sorts?

Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Of course! :)

A gentle exhale left him when Seabreeze agreed to put this behind them. He was thankful that she was as like-minded as he and hoped that this conversation would be the beginning of something better for them both. 

With the air between them cleared, the two jumped into the conversation that formulated between them. Rannoch agreed wholeheartedly to what Seabreeze said, connecting what she said to how he practiced leadership. "I honestly don't understand the aggression," he commented with a thoughtful frown. To add context to his remark, he said, "I mean, almost every issue that I've come across has been resolved by talking." The only outlier had been when Rian had challenged him for his rank and Rannoch had only met his former Beta's remarks with answers before the first strike had happened. 

He felt gratitude for her next comment, and as a reaction to these feelings, he smiled broadly. "I appreciate that," he remarked, humbled by her praise. "I know you have a good heart, too, and I am lucky that you stumbled across this Vale." 

From her humble remarks came the birth of an idea that caught the Alpha's attention. "Of course, I would love that," and quickly he added, "I could help you arrange it, too!" His tail waved at the thought of bringing the pack together. It had been some time since they had done something and knew it was long overdue.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

Diplomacy is something important, in my eyes.  I aspire to one day be an advisor, helping with politics and pack relations.  It was a realization she had come to not long ago, but quickly, and she had a feeling that this trade would stick.

A heat creeps up her cheeks at his compliments; she had devoted herself to this Vale and her family and to be seen, acknowledged by its leader was so humbling for her.  I appreciate it.  Thank you.

Her excitement bubbles back up just as her alpha's, quickly changing pace so she can help him plan something. Yes, of course.  What have we done before as a family?  What has this pack enjoyed?

Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
To Rannoch, Seabreeze's aspirations were ones that made sense to him. Even with the tension, she was able to be cordial. "From what I've seen from you, I think that that sounds like a logical choice," he replied with a smile. Quickly, he added, "Please let me know if you need any help in achieving your goals. I'd love to help." Rannoch was always willing to assist those who aspired to learn new skill sets. 

A light frown fell upon his face as Seabreeze inquired of their past activities. "Honestly, we've never really done anything as a family aside from our pack meetings," he said with the slightest twinge of regret in his voice.

Even with this regret, the pair was quick to shift their conversation to a more productive nature where they would plan the Vale's first activity. Soon enough, with a plan in mind, the pair agreed on something that would bring the wolves together and they both were delighted with their idea. They talked well into the early evening and only parted ways when they both decided that it was time for dinner.