Bitterroot Valley I'm taking back the crown
The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Eeep, crap post. I just wanted to get a thread rolling >~<

Ah, the Snowforest Taiga. The place she'd been hiding out - waiting.

Her brother had been missing for quite some time and as the scent of the Ganador wolves began to fade from the Bypass, Kelina had considered her task complete, for now. Though she had stayed. Not because she particularly liked it here - no, and she had no relationships of any kind with anyone here (not even friendships) despite having stuck around for months. It was like last time, last year. She had come but it was not friends she desired, and she did not get friends, thankfully.

She was here to... grow. Not in height - don't be stupid. She was here to grow in strength. In power. She would lead an army of the strongest wolves around, they would dominate a kingdom that she ruled, perhaps alongside a king if she found one worthy of her time. That was what she wanted, and what she wanted, she got. That's how it worked with her. This would not be a project that would fail and crumble into the dust. This would be something she put all her effort into - to create a place filled with wolves that deserved their titles. So many packs existed where a wolf just had to put in a bit of work and stay a while and they'd be raised in the rankings - she would change that. The stronger wolves must come out on top.

But for this to become a reality, she would have to wait. For now she'd continue to be that dark, lingering shadow. Pretty much every wolf in the Rising Sun Valley knew of her presence now, so she'd had to move away from there for now. Which was why, she supposed, she had come to the Taiga. Maybe she could find someone to mess with while she continued to plot in her mind.
[Image: tAPcmpF.png]
"I do not suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it"
we are all dust and shadows.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
sorry crappy post :/ side note: this is probably before she joins Northstar Vale, so she's a lone wolf here..I think.

Genie had no idea whatsoever what she was doing so far away. She was not a wanderer by blood, preferring to stay in packlands and do her duty there, but for some reason her paws had led her away and brought here here, although where here was, the yearling had absolutely no clue. She bit her lip, paws padding steadily forwards but an uneasiness had fallen like a heavy blanket over the aspiring medic, and she was suddenly overwhelmed with a desire to leave.

Genie still wasn't sure why and idiotically, ignored her gut response. This was going to be her downfall — ignoring her instincts for her brain and her curiousity. She doubted she would ever learn to obey her bare wolfish nature as opposed to her superior intellect unless she experienced a traumatic incident relating to such things. Until then, she supposed she would continue to wander and drown in her own curiousity, or, stupidity, whichever way you looked at it.

Genie sucked in a sharp breath.
If you feel like you’re going to crash then accelerate more, you idiot
No matter how thorny the road is, run

The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
Thanks for joining!

When the scent of a stranger washed over her, Kelina smirked to herself. Loners were in danger here - though she supposed they would not know that she feasted on deceased wolves regularly. Or whenever she could, anyway. It was funny, sometimes. Her victims were rarely aware of her intentions before it was too late, and they were laying stiff by her bloodied paws. But she was not hungry today. Still, she could have some fun. After all, the voices in her head had started up again, and she eagerly let them take over her thoughts for a while. 

The raven followed the yearling for a good amount of time, but eventually simply observing gets boring. Her lips curled into a twisted grin, her intriguing purple eyes scanning the wolf she had been watching, before fading away into a calm, almost inviting look, with a casual smile painted over her hidden intentions before the other could see what was really there. She stepped out from among the trees slowly, elegantly, with the grace of a panther but the eeriness of a shadow. "Hello," She began, tilting her head to the side slightly as she spoke with what sounded like mild curiousity. "What are you doing out here alone...? It's rather dangerous, I should warn you."
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
Genie sensed another presence near and anxiety crawled through her, prickling at her skin. She sucked in a deep breath, glancing around warily. She couldn't shake the feeling that she was being watched, observed, and she didn't like it at all. I need to get out of here as soon as possible. She looked around nervously, nearly stumbling when a figure slipped from the shadows, all black and white and elegance and grace, everything Genie was not. The yearling took a step back, then another, staring at the other with guarded amber eyes.

The stranger's eyes were beautiful, much like the other few strangers she'd met in these Wilds before. But a pretty face did not mean pretty intentions, and Genie remained wary even though she was quite disarmed by the stranger's good looks. She shook those thoughts away and concentrated on the situation at hand. "Hello," her voice was low and abruptly, she cleared her throat. "A pretty girl telling me it's dangerous," she sucked in a sharp breath, taken aback by her own sudden rush of impuslve words and her own eyes widened. This was most unlike her. "Aren't you the dangerous one?" Genie licked her lips.

The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
This was a crap post, sorry xD

Kelina smiled a little, sleek black ears flicking forward to take in the yearlings sudden impulsive speech. She would be lying if she said she didn't find it amusing, to say the least. She was aware that she had been fortunate enough to be gifted with good looks, but she thought saying it outright like that might make her seem cocky. She acknowledged and was grateful for her looks, but she was not excessively smug. "Well, I'm honoured you consider me pretty," She smirked slightly, flicking her tail, and for a moment her eyes sparkled with amusement. "You're not so bad yourself," The raven winked playfully, releasing a chuckle afterwards.

Her amusement lingered, though it was not as distinct as before. A question was directed her way, and she decided to answer it, even though the answer was somewhat obvious. She was not to be trusted, but perhaps this stranger was testing her, or maybe she trusted too easily. The initial idea seemed more believable, but maybe neither were correct. Who knew? Either way, it was fun. This wolfess had no idea that she ate other wolves. Wonder what her reaction would be if I told her? "Perhaps. Perhaps not." She licked her own lips, dismissing the topic, though leaving her answer to hang in the air so that the chocolate coloured girl would not forget. "Name's Kelina, but you can call me Kels, should it interest you." Now, how could she have fun here? Honestly, seemed like a fairly casual conversation so far, but maybe there was a way to switch that up and make it entertaining. After all, the girl was already very wary of the Shadow.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
noooooo it was good :)

Genie's breath caught in her throat, taken aback by the dark raven's wink. Was this pretty girl into girls? Now's not the time for those thoughts. She swallowed thickly, unsure of her next step. She found her mind strangely clouded, and although she glanced around trying to search for an escape route of sorts, should things with this stranger go down a darker path, her concentration was fixed mostly on the stranger's face and her striking purple eyes. 

Still, Genie wasn't an idiot and she quickly shook herself out of her daze, mentally chastising herself for letting her guard down, if only for a moment or two. These moments mattered — she didn't want to find herself dying, did she? The stranger answered enigmatically, then offered her a name. "Kelina," she repeated, tasting the name on her tongue. Genie lifted her gaze and licked her lips, amber eyes sparking. "I'm Raiden," she introduced, offering the name her parents had gifted her but rarely used to the purple eyed shadow. 

Unknowingly, her amber gaze wandered again, tracing the curve of the stranger's spine, the shape of her dark eyes, the lines of her mouth..

The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
Eee thank you! :)

She seemed startled by the raven's comment, much to Kelina's joy. Her statement hadn't been a lie, necessarily - she had never really taken an interest in anyone before, but that did not mean she didn't find some wolves good-looking. It was also true that she took more of an interest in girls than guys - but it was never something she'd spoken about, worrying that her father would not accept it. He was a very judgemental man but he was powerful and feared, so she had remained one of his followers until the day he died. The shadow had promised herself she would become just as powerful as he, and begin a pack with the same name, and that was what she was going to do. In the Taiga, since there were no packs around she knew of. It would become her domain.

Kelina was watching the girl the entire time, counting the few moments when she would be lost in her thoughts - no matter how short those moments were, they were ones the raven could use. But not yet. When the wolfess gave her name, Kelina gave another smile. "Pleasure to meet you, Raiden," She replied, holding her gaze for a moment purposefully before continuing. "Where did you come from? I've never seen you around before," She decided to see what information she could get from this one. While she might not be able to use it, you never knew.

She also noticed Raiden's gaze wandering, but made no comment on it. It was amusing to see how long it would take before she noticed what she was doing.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
Genie swallowed but met Keline's gaze evenly with her own amber ones — even if she was intimidated, she wouldn't show it. Or at least, not all of it. "You wouldn't have," she replied enigmatically and evasively, "I come from elsewhere." She might be a shy, awkward mess, but she was not weak or stupid. She would not give away information just because a pretty girl asked her to...well, she might, but after she trusted said pretty girl, otherwise, Genie was good at keeping her mouth shut.

"What about you?" the girl steeled her nerves and slipped into a well-practiced facade of cool indifference, something her family members and her ex had taught her. She hadn't thought she would ever use it as when she was younger, she'd doubted she would even leave her natal pack but her ex had insisted, a strange fire burning in her eyes. Genie didn't know what her reasoning was, but she obeyed nonetheless.

The memory burned and she swallowed, pushing it aside. She took the bitterness she felt and channeled it into a confidence. "I'm sure I would've noticed a pretty girl if she was around." A lazy smirk danced across her lips, just as she had practiced, and her eyes wandered suggestively.

A steady burn of pain ached in the depths of her chest, slowly spreading, but Genie ignored it and pushed on in her advances, taking a bold step forward. She didn't know what exactly she was doing. All she knew was she was suddenly tired of her past and her heartbreak and her stupid ex and here, standing in front and talking to her was a nice pretty girl. Okay, the girl was a stranger, and god knows what the girl was actually like, but Genie, in her moment of sudden impulse, found that she really couldn't care less.

The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
So, the girl was not stupid. Not like the countless other wolves she'd met before who openly gave out details like that to those they had never seen before. That was something good. When the question was turned to her, the raven shrugged. "I come from somewhere far away." Things were very different here compared to there, she had discovered. Rules were not as... strict... here as they were back home, and most of those she came across were weak and pretty pathetic, she would be honest. Even alphas. 

She noticed the nerves from Raiden dissipate slightly and instead she was met with someone who seemed rather indifferent to her presence. Then she spoke again and the shadow's smirk returned, playing across her dark lips. Ah, she liked this one. "Is that so?" Her own eyes wandered momentarily, but returned to the face of the brown hued female when she took a confident step forward. Kelina's brow raised slightly, her smirk still present, waiting for the girl's next move.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
Just as she had, the stranger offered an evasive answer. Genie hadn't expected anything else, so she acknowledged Kelina's words with an almost imperceptible tilt of her head and nothing else. She wasn't really interested the shadow's origins anyway. In her opinion, it wasn't important to her, at least, not as of right now. Later, perhaps, she would find it strange and wish to know more about the girl, but for now she couldn't care less.

The girl smirked, which Genie took as an invitation of sorts. A bold kind of rashness had possessed the normally 'think before acting' girl and in a move completely unlike herself, the chocolate yearling took several steps forward, closing the space between them until they were but a quarter of a foot apart. Only then did she blink, surprised by her own actions and she very nearly backed away. She didn't. Instead, she steeled herself and met Kelina's gaze evenly, her tongue slipping from between her lips.

"Yes," Genie murmured, suddenly unsure as to what to do next. What exactly did she want? She wanted the stranger, who wasn't rejecting her 'advances', to help her forget about her ex, if only for a moment or two. In the far corner of her mind, she knew she would end up regretting it, but right now she was too far lost in her bitter sense of betrayal to think clearly. 

Another sudden rush of confidence surged through her and she leaned forward, still cautious, aiming to lick at Kelina's cheek if she allowed Genie to do so. This confidence would be gone soon she knew, and so she sought to make the most of it while it lasted even though her heart was beating far too quickly and her brain was telling her to stop, you'll regret it. This was most unlike the chocolate yearling. If anything, this kind of thing was more like something her brother or her ex would do. 

Was her ex banging her brother now in an attempt to get over her? Genie shoved that thought aside quickly, her breath caught in her throat at the idea. No way. There was no way. But, it made sense didn't it? But no. No, they wouldn't do that to her. 

But would they?

Suddenly, the urge to forget about everything, if only for a few moments was stronger than ever, overwhelming the yearling with the sheer intensity of the emotion. Her expression darkened, a new longing entering her eyes as she regarded Kelina, wondering what she would do next.

The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
The girl closed the distance inbetween them, and for a moment Kelina wondered what had happened to the anxious, wary yearling she had watched not all that long ago. This seemed almost a different wolf altogether, not that she was complaining. It was most curious to see how people changed during different situations. For a moment Raiden seemed surprised at her own actions, but instead of backing away she met Kelina's violet gaze. Normally she would have taken that as a challenge, but in this case she did not. Rather, she let the yearling do what she wanted. She was entertained to see how far this one would go, and how quickly she could change - slipping into a facade could be difficult, but the girl had done it with relative ease.

Then the brown-furred wolfess seemed unsure again. Perhaps she felt as though she would regret doing this. Maybe something (or someone) was on her mind. Often wolves reacted like this to heartbreak - they tried to forget by replacing who was on their mind with someone else, often someone they didn't know, and could forget. Kelina supposed that was why she generally stayed away from 'love'. It never ended well, and those involved always got hurt. It was pointless, was it not?

The girl seemed to regain her confidence, leaning forward to lick the Raven's cheek. She did not object. Rather, she leaned forward too, trailing her black nose down the yearling's neck, eyes glancing back to meet the gaze of Raiden, and she noted how the wolfess' expression had darkened. This had not been the encounter she had expected, but she would not back away.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
Kelina did not shy away or reject Genie's advances, instead, she leaned forward, tracing her dark nose down the yearling's neck whilst violet eyes met her own amber ones. She swallowed, wondering just exactly how far they would go. The rational part of her was strongly against this idea. It hated being so close to this stranger and wanted to leave as soon as possible. The rational part made sense — she knew next to nothing about Kelina other than her being dangerous, pretty, and accepting of the yearling's advances. She knew she shouldn't be doing this if she wanted to play safe and stay alive.

But the girl was still a teenager, sort of, and she was angry and bitter, upset and heartbroken and despite the fact that regret would plague her afterwards, if she was still alive that is, she continued on. This, as far as Genie was concerned right now, was the right thing to do. She had somehow convinced herself that she needed this, needed a break from her own thoughts, and this was the way to do it. What even was this? She didn't know. 

Genie, no, Raiden's tongue swiped at the undersides of Kelina's muzzle in an almost submissive, yet very much suggestive action. Another step forward — she buried her snout into the side of the stranger's neck, should the raven allow her to do so, and reached for her nape, preening the dark black fur with gentle teeth. Her actions are unsure, nervous. She isn't a stranger to this but she might just as well be. Harley had always taken charge, after all.

But Raiden is nothing if not determined, and she wanted something out of this. She needed this, needed to forget just a little while and she pleads, with her bright amber gaze, to the raven, silently wishing her to grant the yearling this wish. She did not know Kelina, did not trust her and she might even be a killer or a cannibal who would eat Raiden when the chance came, but the yearling was too caught up in the moment to think this through. She only knew what she wanted, and how she wanted to get there.

The Nightstalker
198 Posts
Ooc —
Honestly, Kelina was slightly unsure. She'd never had interactions like this with a girl, simply because she had never allowed herself to. She had pushed aside her attractions because she knew her father would hate her for it. Still, that didn't mean she didn't respect him - for she did. That was why she was going to continue his pack's name.  But she had no experience when it came to this... and she didn't like that. She didn't like being unsure of what to do. Because that showed true emotions and she had believed that she was able to hide and destroy such things. But what was she to do here?

Raiden began to lick the underside of her muzzle, and the raven gave gentle nips to the girl's neck, watching as she began to preen Kelina's nape. She also had slight concerns for the strange wolfess (which was rare), perhaps because she was younger than Kelina and something seemed to be wrong. She might be psychotic, but that didn't mean she was unaware that something was up. She was expertly trained in sensing emotions (to use to her advantage, usually). Then again, she wasn't going to stop her. 

But what was she to do? The girl peered up at her, pleading with those bright amber eyes. Kelina would not deny her of what she wanted, partly because she didn't reject the idea either, she just didn't know what to do. She'd never done this, really.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
The raven does not lean away from her touch, she does not reject the sprite and so Raiden continued in her advances. She trailed her nose down the length of Kelina's spine, gently preening her guard furs along the way until she reached the other girl's hip. There, she paused, suddenly unsure because if the yearling was being honest with herself, she was in the same position as the raven. Raiden had absolutely no idea what to do next. She knew what she wanted, but she had no idea how to get it.

"Hey," Raiden was back, pressing a soft kiss on the base of Kelina's throat, should she allow her, her own posture decidedly submissive. "Do you know what to do?" the question was asked unabashedly, simply because she was past being embarrassed and shy. In other words, she meant: take fucking control, babe. I'm not a dom. She knew what she wanted, and she was going to get it even if it was messy and utterly experimental. How to get it, on the other hand, was an entirely different matter. How on earth was she supposed to get what she needed?