Chimera Fields Two Ghosts
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Private 

A hoarse howl echoed over the fields. The big gray male's howl was interrupted by a cough. Sebastian groaned and tried to clear his throat. He had been howling so much for Pearl and Nova. He didn't understand where they went. He was so afraid something happened to them. Sebastian was sick of worry. Then there was also Mato. His son was in a pack somewhere but he had no clue where it was located.

Sebastian stepped out from the tree line, he cleared his throat and tried again. His howl echoed. It was still raspy. It was clear that this was one of many. He howled for his family. He was a family man at heart and he was left with a son and a daughter. The male let out a soft sigh after the howl. It felt useless to look for them. He had been away for weeks now and there hadn't been a sign of them. Even Sebastian's hope was dwindling.
his crown was ever changing made as it was by leaves and berries of the season
228 Posts
Ooc —
He separates from Seabreeze, promising her that he would return to her in a few hours. He is not a stranger to Chimera Fields and the druid is not sure what draws him there, except as he nears the territory he hears a hoarse howl ring out. It pierces him and the muscles beneath moonbeam kissed pelage pull taunt as he ceases walking, ears perking atop his skull. He knows that voice! The howl was incomplete, cut off abruptly and before Mato can stop himself he is gravitating towards it’s origins, his heart in his throat. It is his father; but why is he calling for Pearl and Nova? The empyrean gives pause to stare at his father when Sebastian comes into view, bright, apple green eyes taking him in with a sort of numbness. “Father?” It comes out as a choked noise. Sebastian does not smell of the Fen and he looks …much worse for wear than the last time Mato had seen him. “Father!” Louder, this time and Mato is moving towards Sebastian, umbra dipped ears fluttering back to rest atop his skull at half mast.

“What has happened? Are you alright?” Mato asks in a rapid fire manner, demanding answers without giving his father a chance to pause, to catch his breath. Only realizing so a heartbeat later, Mato is sheepish and concerned and he hesitantly reaches out with the intention to touch his muzzle to his father’s cheek.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
He moved over the plains towards Silvertip. He would meet Andalusia there. Maybe she found one of them or both. Sebastian hoped that Mato's pack wasn't too far away. Sebastian wasn't that used to traveling anymore. He disliked it. He wanted the family life with his family. Sebastian didn't hear Mato at first but at the louder call, the father instantly turned towards the sound. He let out a whine when he saw his son. Mato! Sebastian moved in his direction as well.

He moved closer to Mato and tried to take in his new scent and shower him with little licks. Sebastian was so happy to see him. "Mato!," his voice sounded hoarse, followed by another whine, so glad he was to see him. His tail wagging quickly. Sebastian coughed to clear his sore throat. "I'm fine. Just a bit hoarse," he admitted. He looked at Mato, not really wanting to worry him about Pearl and Nova. Alas, he had heard his howls so it wasn't really a secret the father was looking for his family.

"The fen disbanded," he explained. "After you left most of us grew very sick. We suspect it was the water that poisoned us. Your grandpa almost died. We went to seek refuge at Redhawk Caldera. The pack I lived in before," his raspy voice explained. "We were accepted in but your sister Nova had a hard time with you leaving us, and was worried that you wouldn't be able to find us. I promised to go look for you, but I think she headed out on her own. And now..." Sebastian's voice broke a bit.

"Your mother. She is gone too. She didn't tell me she left. It is so unlike her. I think she might have followed Nova? Or tried to look for her? I think something happened. I haven't seen your mother in over a month," he spoke. Sebastian looked so upset. It was no secret the man would do everything for his family. Sebastian's legs trembled. He was tired. He sat down, looking a bit defeated that his family was separated.
228 Posts
Ooc —
For a second Mato chooses to relish in the affection his father showers upon him and ignore the his father had been out calling for Nova and Pearl. He accomplishes it but only for a few seconds until he pulls back as not to prolong the inevitable and fixes his father in a terse, concerned stare. The druid is joyed to hear that Sebastian himself is fine but the news that his father bears on voice made hoarse from endless calling brings nothing but pain and shock to the empyrean. The Fen has disbanded, his grandfather nearly dying from poison, and the confirmation that Nova and Pearl have gone missing. Though, at the very least, Nova had told Sebastian she was leaving unlike his mother whom, as his father told it, had vanished off the face of the earth without word. It is troubling news but Mato does not worry so much about Nova; because they are siblings and he has survived and found his way well enough on his own. Sebastian’s worry is a father’s worry though and thus something that the druid cannot understand — would not understand lest he became a father himself someday.

Pearl, however, is a different story all together, though if he remembered correctly she was always sort of elusive. “I would not worry so much about Nova,” Mato tries to soften the blow, take some of the burden off of his father’s shoulders. “She is strong and intelligent.” Mato’s lips pull terse. “Mother’s departure is strange but she is also a woman grown.” Capable of making her own choices and accordingly capable of facing the consequences for them. “I am sorry you have faced so many hardships so close together.” Truly a series of unfortunate events. “I am heading west, though. If I see them I will send word.” Mato can promise, at least, though the Teekon Wilds are vast; still he is not sure how far Sebastian has traveled in his search for them …if it at all. It is worth offering, the druid thinks.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian let out a shaken sigh as he listened to his son. He sounded different. He spoke like a grown up, perhaps he was now, but there was such difference in him compared to Benjamin and Ivy. His own son told him not to worry about Nova. But he couldn't help but do so anyhow. She left. He didn't want to end on bad terms. He didn't want to be like his father. Mato didn't understand. Sebastian's pale eyes looked hurt. "I do worry about her. You don't know my past, son. It is dark. I didn't grow up in a nice family. Your grandpa didn't even look out for me at first. We made amends now, but I came to this lands with the intent to kill him because I couldn't see his point of view. I hated him," he explained, voice breaking a bit.

His eyes hardened. "Nova didn't agree with our move, afraid that you wouldn't find us. She fought me the whole way to Redhawk. While being at Redhawk she wasn't happy and now she left. You have to understand that I have to find her. I have to," he spoke. "I don't want us to part in a bad way. I don't want her to be mad at me or hate me. I have to at least know that I am not like my father. I don't want to make that mistake. I love all of you so dearly," he spoke. Perhaps, the loss of Pearl was getting to him. Mato was equally worried. The male just wondered what went wrong. What he could at least take from his own past that there was hope that he could make things right between him and Nova.

"Pearl is a whole other worry for me. We have been together for so long. It doesn't make sense she would leave me without a word. It makes me doubt even more," he admitted. Perhaps, the father needed to pour his heart out. He realized he had a hard time having his family separated. Sebastian let out a long sigh until he realized... "Wait, you are going west? What are you going to do there? I thought that youngster pack was by the mountain range? Did I have the wrong mountain range?," he asked with a frown.
228 Posts
Ooc —
Mato didn’t understand, but he understood the hurt in his father’s eyes and it caused the druid to quietly balk and flatten his ears against his the regal curve of his skull as his father explained that his history was dark, that he grew up in a family that was not like the one Sebastian had given his own kids and that he hated his father. He did not want Nova to hate him. That much, at least, Mato understood; but Mato also wondered why if Nova kept fighting him that Sebastian kept pushing the issue. They were not children anymore; but of course he thinks of this from a child’s point of view as opposed to a parent’s because he is not a parent himself and perhaps because of this he cannot view it from Sebastian’s point of view. Thus, he keeps his lips firmly closed. He does not fully understand and therefore cannot offer insight. In the end, it is something that Sebastian and Nova would have to work out on their own.

“No, they have claimed Northstar Vale,” Mato assures Sebastian. “I am not staying.” He says and realizes how that may be misconstrued to mean something it doesn’t and add quickly. “nothing has happened and I will seek to part with them on good terms.” Mato draws in a deep breath and lets it out in a softened exhale. “I have such ideas, father, ideas for a pack. My companion and myself are searching for a territory to claim for it.” Mato informs with a rise of his shoulders in subtle pride. Not enough to make him (more) vain, of course, but enough to elude to his confidence. They have a long way to go, a lot of work cut out for them but Mato does not doubt that he and Seabreeze can do it.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Wisely so, Sebastian noticed, that Mato wasn't meddling with the issues he had. Sebastian decided to focus on Mato now he was able to talk to his son. Interestingly enough, his son wasn't sitting still in one pack. He was on the move to form another. Sebastian liked that he was ambitious. "That is good, you wouldn't want to make any enemies," he spoke in approval.

Mato seemed to be wise enough to take leadership. Sebastian felt that he got that leadership more from his grandfather than him. "Be aware that as a leader you are responsible for the whole pack. But, I guess you know that. I feel like you would only do well," he complimented. He didn't want to talk his son down or tell him he was too young. "Perhaps your grandfather can give you some tips. He was an alpha of many different packs," he suggested. Maybe it gave the old man some purpose as well if he could advise his grandson. Sebastian wasn't sure.

"Do you have any idea where you will settle? West, you said? Any spot in particular or are you just roaming?" He had done that when founding Broken Antler. He roamed until he found a suitable place. "And... companion? As in a mate?"
228 Posts
Ooc —
since mato's timeline is a mess and i'm not sure where anything falls in said messy timeline save for a few threads i'm going to say this takes place after they find king elk forest. edit. i wrote you a novel. no need to match the length. :0

“I know,” Mato assures Sebastian but in a manner that conveys his gratitude at the advice. He did not say that he thought he would be alright because the druid had no evidence to back such a claim up. He had no experience at leading, did not know if he would even truly be any good at it. The empyrean holds firm to the belief that a wolf is born to be a leader or that they are not. Anyone can claim a territory and declare themselves haran and bark out orders but it took a leader with that extra something to make it all work. Discovering if he, himself, has such a spark within him would be an adventure in and of itself. Seabreeze’s faith in him is enough to assuage the very worst of his doubts and fears leaving only the very minor, seized in a whimsical moment and leaving just as quickly to linger. Mato holds to his own belief that a leader that is constantly unsure of them-self has no place leading. They were meant to make the concise and the hard decisions and it couldn’t be done if doubt lurked at every corner.

In the end though Mato suspects he will be alright either way.

Mato is stirred from garrulous thoughts with a soft, almost kittenish noise as Sebastian speaks again, referencing that Burke might be able to offer him some advice because he’s had plenty of experience at leading. “I would enjoy that,” The druid expresses with a soft smile tugging upon moonlit kissed lips: it has been some time since he has spent time with his grandfather; and had they ever bonded over anything, truly? The empyrean cannot recall. “To the very edge of the Teekon Wilds, in the Tuktu Hinterlands. It is hardly populated at all save for one pack at it’s Northern edge.” And that was why Mato liked it. “We have been working to claim a territory called King Elk Forest.” Where he felt the convergence of earthly energies, where the earth’s voice was a soothing lullaby as it weaved through the ancient trees upon the wind: and then there was the king elk himself. It was precisely what the druid had been looking for without knowing what he’d been looking for.

Mato was never so glad for fur that hid the burst of heat upon his cheeks when Sebastian zeroed in upon his use of the word companion and then asked if Seabreeze and him were mates. Given that this is hardly the first time that the pair had been seen as having such a connection to one another it should have ceased to have caused such a reaction. In a very short period of time Mato has grown to care for Seabreeze and beyond that he is filled with feelings he does not understand. He knows they are there, he acknowledges them, and suspects that she may feel something similar; but there is nothing to (yet) define what they are to one another. “No, no not mates —” It is frustrating to the empyrean how quickly, how easily his eloquence is lost and he is resorted to a bumbling fool trying to grasp at words to best define them even when, perhaps, there is no words for the job. “it is …it is hard to define.” He settles for lamely, salmon pink tongue swiping across his muzzle. “She and I …I think it’s safe to say we’re still discovering the extent of what we are to one another.” There. That sounded better, if only just. It conveyed that there was potential for the endgame but that they were not quite near that point yet. It was a discovery process and Mato was in no hurry. He enjoyed unraveling the wolf that Seabreeze is and his cultivating feelings for her at a leisurely pace.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
That is alright! :D

Sebastian would tell Burke about Mato's quest to lead. Perhaps he would be interested when Mato would come visit him at Redhawk. Sebastian was pretty certain that he was going to stay the rest of his days at the caldera pack. They had given him a home and took in his whole family when their territory had gone bad. He felt that he should repay that in loyalty. He liked being alpha for a while but he didn't have the harshness or decisiveness that Burke had. He would think of anyone and how it would affect them. Too emphatic, perhaps.

"I've never been there but it sounds like a good place to live," he spoke with a soft smile on his lips. "Don't forget to visit me at the Caldera once you claimed everything. I'd like to see you one more time before you get too busy with leading," he spoke and offered him a bit of a saddened smile. He was feeling old now his kids were starting their own lives. For a moment he was afraid that he would end up alone when Ivy and Benjamin left the nest.

A slow chuckle came from his lips. It pleased him to see that his son was a bit flustered about his question. It lifted his spirits that went down before. "Don't worry, just figure out what you feel and either way, I am happy for you Mato," he spoke. He wanted his son to deserve a good life, a happy one. Maybe when he would come visit him at Redhawk he would know more. Sebastian was looking forward to it.

"Oh there is one other thing I must ask! Liffey, the daughter of my alpha and best friend Elwood, she was in the same pack as you. Do you know her? Is she doing well? He was worried, and I promised if I would visit you I would also ask about her," he explained. Hopefully, Mato was familiar with the girl as Elwood had given him generously a month to travel.

I feel like Seb is going to live towards the moment that Mato will visit him xD
228 Posts
Ooc —
aww!

“I will,” The druid promises his father with a dip of his elegant crown in acknowledgement. A little gesture that acts as a seal of promise: like the shake of hands after an agreement is made. It was a bit of a trek from the King Elk Forest to the Caldera but Mato would make it because Sebastian had asked him to and Mato did not seek to disappoint his father. Sebastian’s low chuckle as Mato fumbled with his words (what a rarity that is!) to find a way to define what Seabreeze and him are though the pair had never actually defined their relationship; but for now he tucks it away as Sebastian makes a last request. He seeks information about Liffey. It takes the druid a moment but he recalls her easily enough: she is the female that is close to Rannoch. The druid does not know her well but he knows her enough to answer Sebastian’s question, at least. “I do not know her very well but yes she is doing well. We crossed paths from time to time.” Which was expected of pack-mates, he thinks. At least Sebastian would have words of comfort to offer Elwood: an assurance that his daughter is alive and well.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian dipped his head when his son had some information on Liffey. He was glad that he could tell something about the female. Little did he know that in his absence Liffey had visited her family. Sebastian didn't know that, and he loyally would gather the information Elwood wanted of him. "Anymore you can tell me about her even though you aren't very close with her?," he asked. He could always try. Sometimes it was in the details, after all.

Sebastian glanced to the silver peaks before him. He would have to go there to meet Andalusia. Maybe she found the girls, and hopefully, the pack that lived there wouldn't notice him passing by. "I will meet Andalusia at Silvertip maybe she found your mother and sister," he informed. He wasn't sure if Mato had been familiar with Andalusia or not. She had been traveling when he was younger. "It... It is good to see you, Mato. You grew up well. I'm proud of you," he spoke. Was he tearing up a bit? He quickly blinked. No, there wouldn't be any crying. He just wanted Mato to know that he was proud of him. He wished Burke had said that to him, but Burke was never proud of anyone.
228 Posts
Ooc —
For a moment Mato hesitates as Sebastian pries for more information, because there was a big chunk that he’d left out: about her seeming closeness with the Vale’s alpha Rannoch but that is not his business or news to share. “The rest is not for me to tell.” The druid speaks out of respect for their privacy and hopes that his father understands his unwillingness to share anything more than he already has. Liffey is well and safe and that will have to suffice for the time being (besides the druid isn’t very interested in gossip and does not deign to partake in such things). “Perhaps she has,” Mato surprises contemplative when Sebastian holds onto the hope the Andalusia is able to give him news of Pearl and Nova. The woman’s name rings some sort of familiarity within the empyrean but he does not think of it longer. “Thank you, father.” Mato draws forth to press his muzzle to Sebastian’s cheek once more, lingering for a heartbeat longer. “I will come and visit once we are claimed and settled. Perhaps, if we figure ourselves out, I will bring along Aerlinn.” He uses his nickname for Seabreeze as he draws back with a slight, coy smirk upon moonlit kissed lips. “Speaking of whom I should get back to her before she thinks I’ve abandoned her.” He jests. “I will see you soon.” The druid speaks before he turns and heads back the way he came intent on catching up with Seabreeze.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian let out a soft sigh but then nodded. He knew that it might be bad to inquire further. He would have to tell Elwood that he would have to ask her herself then. Or he would have to find Liffey. Sebastian just wanted to return home and mourn his losses. He slowly nodded to his son. He could smile a bit when his son thanked him and nuzzled his cheek. "Alright," he smiled. "I'd really appreciate that," he admitted. He liked that Mato would visit him.

"Yes, get back to her," he spoke with a smile. Who would want to hang out longer than necessary with their dad? Sebastian offered him a small smile and then nodded. "Goodbye son," he spoke and then turned towards Silvertip. He would wait for Andalusia there.

Yay this was great!! <3