Stone Circle It's just a couple pounds, dear
Won't you torture someone else's sleep?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
All Welcome 
ooc: for the lovely @Nanook when you get the chance

Eversince Nanook had returned, Krypton had taken notice to her weight drop. She looked thing, gaunt almost, and Kryptonw as afradi the girl would be swept up in the next big gust of wind. The agouti wanted to make sure Nanook would recover from being a lone wolf, including treating her for any wounds and such while monitoring her weight.

For that, the medic in training seeked out the pale ghost, hoping to run into her to discuss her health.
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
<3 Thanks for starting!

The host of Stone Circle towered about Nanook, looming shadows in the light of the noon-day sun. She had spent the better half of the day scuffling about the meeting place, examining the base of every rock, and finding nothing but more mystery, and more questions. Now she craned her neck skyward, but looking up solved little more than looking down.

By any other rocks, she wouldn't have been bothered, but there was something unnatural about this formation that made her thirst for answers. Something fantastical, ethereal, and Nanook paced along the inner edge of the circle, her eyes trained to where the stones froze in a clamber for the heavens, while mud and dirt and grass cursed their fingers with the weight of an eternal and futile striving.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
With her nose to the ground, the bulky female walked around with her long legs covering the ground with ease. The scent of Nanook was starting to become stronger, leading the brute to meander towards the circle. Was she here or was her nose just playing some tricks on her? Well, it was now or never, Krypton lifted her gaze to see the pale ghost looking up. She looked like some kind of goddess in such a coat and in such a scene, it almost made Krypton want to stop and just bow her head.

But that wasn't reality. She cleared her throat, remembering why she came to find Nanook in the first place. "Nanook?" she asked her aloud, in a rather soft voice to not frighten her. She seemed a little flighty when she first arrived, Krypton didn't want to make her fearful or make things worse.
Medic: 0/10
Guardian: 0/10
???: 0/10
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
The towers held her attention rapt. Had they sprung from the ground? No - as far as she knew, stones did not grow like the forest - but the thought made her pause. Rocks did come in many sizes, from pebbles in river silt to massive boulders on mountainsides. And while she had never tracked the growth of a tree, Nanook knew even the tallest redwood had once been a sapling no more impressive than a bush. So could rocks be the same, and pebbles be something of seeds?

Breath puffed from her nostrils, and she continued her circling. Of course not - but before the pillars, who rose like trees themselves, she wondered... Nanook carefully tucked the theory away for further probing, and let her mind reach to another, more probably possibility - that perhaps these stones had come from the sky.

But a noise sounded, and her ear turned, quickly followed by a full and jolted twist of her body. Her company stood like one of the stones, and Nanook latched a stare on the other. Her face registered before her name, but when both came together, Nanook eased her shoulders. The rise of fur along her neck took longer to relax. "Oh. Hello," she said, and half turned her muzzle toward the stones again, before returning to Krypton. "Do you want something?" She wanted to get back to the rocks, but the woman had called her name, and that wasn't something she could easily ignore.
I'll do better
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Krypton seemed to have frightened the pale girl, she tried her best to give her a disarming smile before trying to start any conversation with her. The beastly woman took notice to the ghost's interest in the stones and too casted her eyes upon them. "The stones are quite a sight, no?" she asked her politely, deciding a small and light conversation would be nice before she would actually jump into a more serious tone. "I hope you're fitting in just fine, it's good to see a familiar face" she added.

"But I came searching for you for a reason," she says, keeping her tone calm and position as neutral as possible, "I'm concerned about your health, Nanook." Krypton wanted to be straightforward with her. Beating around the bush would do no good for the two of them. She needed to just jump in and get the ball rolling. "You look underweight and I want to make sure you gain back some pounds considering winter will be upon us before we know it," her eyes returned to look at Nanook instead of the stones, "I want to make sure we are all prepared for winter, happy and healthy."
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Though the other spoke of the rocks, something told the naturalist she wasn't getting back to them anytime soon. But the stupor of her study still lingered, and the want to be exploring them instead of talking and, in a last ditch effort to clamber back to where her mind had been, she found herself able only to nod, and to hum a polite, "Yes."

But their ethereal entrapment faded back to reality the longer her company talked, and Nanook resigned to turn more fully toward her, with a defeated sigh and a slight nod to her follow-up. Yes, yes, she was fitting in well enough, good to see a familiar face too. In the shift of her attention, she now found herself considering more how small she felt next to the other's immensity, and the slight girl drew her forepaws together and straightened her spine until she sat as tall and still as she could manage.

To be honest, Nanook couldn't really think of anything worth interrupting her study for, and even Krypton's serious address fell on a blank face. "Oh," she said, and shifted her gaze beyond Krypton to focus on the horizon, to hone her thoughts. Silence passed. Then, with the slightest tip of her head, she said, "Okay. Sure," and gave the slightest lean of her body back toward the stones - but paused with a sideways glance. She bit her lip. "That's it, then?" she asked, in necessity, but hoped the answer was yes.

Certainly an interesting seed to plant. Gain some pounds... a project she would deal with, later... she did feel a bit smaller than the others... it wasn't like she wasn't eating... she did eat, until she was full, or until something more interesting came her way. And sometimes she did forget, but only because there were only so many hours in a day, and the need to unravel the world around her burned deeper than her want or hunger for food.
I'll do better
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
ooc: lemme just kick myself for forgetting this thread x-x

It seemed like the plan was in set, but Krypton felt like her words were just going in one ear and out the other. Nanook had always given her that vibe, it was like she wasn't always "there", it was as if mentally, she was somewhere else, somewhere better. Krypton never could quite understand how one could live in such a way, it would remain a mystery to her. But she could ask that later, for now she needed to make sure she was doing her job.

"It seems like you have other things on your mind besides your own wellbeing..." Krypton said sheepishly, casting a look to her paws before returning to look at the girl. "Nanook, I hope you realize that this can turn into a really bad situation if not handled soon, staying this thin won't keep you alive once winter rolls in full force." Krypton spoke with just the tiniest bit of toughness in her voice, more or less it was to solidify her point. The last thing she wanted to do was give it as a command. She didn't like doing that.