Bitterroot Valley Roadtrip from Hell
3 Posts
Ooc — Squirrel
All Welcome 
Nilak had long ago lost all sense of direction and, shortly after that, all sense of time. The days simply blended into each other, one never really beginning and the other never really ending until he was treating night and day as different areas of the same landscape. The only thing that had broken through his shell of sullen reverie was the salt smell of the ocean and he had doggedly followed the scent for a day or two, as near as he could tell. Nilak was sure he was going in the right direction because the scent grew stronger for each stretch of ground he covered, it did little more than keep an ember of hope from dying within him.

Exhaustion had set in long ago and there was no energy left in him to really notice the landscape so it was after a few pawsteps that he realized he was wading a river. The briskness of the water woke him somewhat and he drank greedily, lapping the water almost before he had a chance to swallow the last mouthful. "This looks as good a spot to rest as any, if I get lucky a rabbit will hop in my mouth as I sleep", Nilak thought, though he doubted he would get a chance at food until tomorrow. Nilak found a bed of grass on the banks of the river, occasionally and gently shaded by the brightly colored flowers that filled the plains in this area. "I'll take a small nap and find my way around tomorrow." Hopefully this wasn't pack territory but that thought hadn't even entered Nilak's mind.
It's not the sky I'm asking for
I'm just having trouble finding north
we are all dust and shadows.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
no clue where this fits in my timeline but oh well :D

Genie was beginning to wonder if she should find a pack and settle for a while. Realistically, she supposed that she still had plenty of time before winter arrived, and therefore, plenty of time for pack finding. Yet, she couldn't ignore the deep gnawing feeling in the pit of her stomach — wolves were naturally social creatures, she knew, and thus were more inclined to pack life than lone wolf life, but Genie hesitated to commit herself to another bunch of wolves after her old one screwed her over. And her old pack had consisted mostly of family; the ones here were complete strangers, which possibly meant that her experience here would be even worse.

A shiver ran down the yearling's spine and she tossed her head, two rabbits clamped firmly in her jaw. Genie tilted her head to the sky and huffed loudly, breathing hot air out of her nostrils. Then she stopped abruptly. There was a white lump on the ground, some meters ahead of her. That white lump was possibly a wolf — it was a wolf. Genie ran through her options — she could leave, take another route, or just walk straight on and see what happened. But yt wasn't as if there was a proven danger ahead, and Genie could take care of herself, so there was no reason to not continue by her current route. She would not be put off by a white lump. 

Genie glanced around, wary eyes scanning her surroundings. If anything happened, there would be an escape route ready for her and with that thought in mind, she marched on, straight towards the white lump with the rabbits swinging, dangling from her jaw.
If you feel like you’re going to crash then accelerate more, you idiot
No matter how thorny the road is, run