Stone Circle the "looks decent" wagon didn't pass me by
304 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
This pack, unlike most in the area, didn't seem to have much in the way of youth. Though this certainly sweetened the deal for Murdock, he would've stopped just about anywhere, at this point. Because, sure, he could keep - and had been keeping - himself fed, but it was so much easier to do so when surrounded by other wolves. You could skip a few days hunting and still get a meal at the end of the day. And yeah, he was dashing alright, but even he got tired of his company after a few weeks all by his lonesome.

He dragged his tired paws a few more feet before settling onto his haunches and giving a querying howl. Anybody home? When he lowered his head, his tongue lolled out in exhaustion. Heat had been collecting in his fur all day long, and the fingers of the evening were slow-reaching in this part of the land, and especially so during this time of year.
[Image: AIUhSFO.png?2]
Won't you torture someone else's sleep?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
She had been on some patrols at the time, though those always seemed to take up Krypton's precious time. Normally, she would team up with Zeke to get the border checks and marking done quicker, but often Krypton didn't mind doing them by herself. The large agouti enjoyed having time to herself every now and then eversince her adopted daughter had returned from her little lost trip.

Upon hearing a call, the newly crowned beta made her way towards the border. She didn't approach with aneutral position as she normally did, she instead lifted her gait a bit, elevating herself. Her tail curled lightly over her back, her gaze was heightened and her hackles were a bit higher. She by no means was unapproachable, but something about her appearence gave her this regal air. She came closer to stranger she saw off in the distance. With a loud chuff, she let him know she saw him. "Greetings. What brings you here?" she asked him loudly, not stepping into neutral territory.
Medic: 0/10
Guardian: 0/10
???: 0/10
304 Posts
Ooc —
Not wanting to seem too relaxed or lazy, the male was sure to hop to his paws as soon as he saw another wolf. She made her way toward him, and Murdock came nearer as well, knowing that he'd appreciate not having to walk as far, if he were in the woman's position. Still, he kept a healthy distance from the border, which necessitated a bit of hollering to get his point across. Well, not hollering, but raising his voice.

"I'm lookin' for a pack," he replied, not sure whether or not he appreciated how she got straight down to business instead of exchanging pleasantries. His mother had taught him differently, but then again, if it saved him some time and effort, how could he be against it. "I'm Mudock, if that interests you at all," he added, his voice a bit teasing. He supposed he did mind, a little, but the woman was probably busy enough without having to introduce herself to random strangers on the borders. Couldn't blame her for that.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel heard the howl and began immediately in that direction. He wasn't taking any chances with outsiders, especially not with Val pregnant. By the time the young grey male made it to the wolf who howled, the other Beta had already made it there, and was talking to him. He said that he was looking for a pack, but he seemed kind uninteresting. Zeke was maybe a bit too judgmental though, they did need more members. The Beta male trotted forwards and stood at Krypton's side acknowledging her with a nod.

What can you do for our pack? We do not accept slackers. He said, stoically but a little threateningly.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Krypton was straightforward most of the time when it came to examining new recruits. She preferred to make things quicker and easier on her, though she often performed thorough examinations on the loners that came and went. 

Glassy eyes stayed in the male, his answer well known. Winter would soon come once fall and summer ended, the loners would need to find some homes beforehand to prevent death. Krypton nodded her head to him. Murdock, strange name.

"I'm Krypton, beta of this pack," she started off with a swish of her tail, "what are the skills you offer to us should you join?" She asked him.

"Here, everyone must contribute and do their part In Providing for the pack. Don't expect to be relaxing all day here" she warned him.
304 Posts
Ooc —
Murdock took a tiny step back when the male arrived, looking at him with an expression of distaste already clear on his face. Something about this irked the older male, but there was no point in being offended by someone he didn't even know. Although, if the male already had a problem with him, Murdock wasn't sure if he should bother trying to join his pack.

"Well, I'm big and strong, and I've got five years of survivial behind me," Murdock began, speaking a bit slowly, as he was still trying to work out whether or not to give this up as a bad deal. "I can do a little of everything, but huntin' is my forte. And I pull my weight. Don't know what gave ya the impression that I can't." The last sentence was said with a shrewd look split between the two of them. He was a big, virile male. Why were they already expecting him to be a lop?
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel looked the male over, and decided his words to be true. He was big, muscular, and older. He seemed capable, but Ezekiel wasn't a fan of his attitude. He saw little respect from the guy, respect that Ezekiel expected to be given to the Beta's of a pack upon joining. While the large grey male didn't exactly like or trust the guy yet, he knew that winter was coming, and if Murdock was truly a good hunter, he would be of good use. The Beta male would keep an eye on the man, but he found no truly good reason to deny him entrance to their territory.

If what you say is true, you may join our ranks. But I will expect you to stay on the pack's outskirts until you have proven yourself, and you must meet our alpha as soon as possible. If you do not prove that you can pull your weight as you said you can, you will leave. Your priority hunting wise is for the pups here already, and for the alpha Valette, who has pups on the way. Is this clear? Ezekiel said, realizing afterwards that he hadn't run any of this by Krypton. He looked to her and added, What do you think?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
He was older, sure, only a year older than Krypton herself. But something about him reminded her of a yearling, perhaps because he came off as a bit arrogant. No matter, the two betas could easily rein that in with some well-directed "conversations", or at least, that's what Krypton would hope all the situtation would need, no physical contact or anything violent like that. She looked towards Ezekiel as he spoke, nodding her head along with him.

When Murdock gave a rather rude look towards the two betas, surprisingly, Krypton narrowed her eyes right to him, a quick warning for him to lose the attitude. Of what she remembered, this man was asking for a home in these lands that belonged to her and her family only. He should be grateful they even considered letting him even with the disrespectful tone. Again, her gaze looked towards Zeke, a silent questioning of tone. But then again, another set of paws to hunt was always welcome. Krypton made mental note to make sure this guy does what he says he can do. She only gave Zeke a nod when he asked her about the whole situation. 

"All priorities go to our present and future young, as Ezekiel has already said. And as far for everything else, just contribute and you'll settle in just fine" she said with a lighter tone. "I see no reason as to not let you in." The tall agouti took a step back and turned a little, as if she was giving him entrance to the lands. But before she did this completely, she waited to see if Ezekiel wanted to say anything else before letting Murdock in.
304 Posts
Ooc —
I sorta feel like y'all are being influenced by his profile. Although he has said something sort of teasingly to Krypton, I think he has been pretty polite so far. His expression has just been hesitant and confused/suspicious. I guess it's fair for them to take him however you think they would. I just wanted to bring it up.
The two seemed to grow more and more displeased with him. Murdock knew he wasn't the easiest fella to get along with, but he'd been on his best behavior for the important meeting. He looked between the two one last time, weighing the pros and cons and moving on and finding somewhere more welcoming. He almost gave into the desire, but then reminded himself that they were at least willing to have him here, and he might not have that luxury someplace else.

This was his best bet, even if they did have kids on the way. At least this pack didn't seem to want him any nearer to the rugrats than he wanted to be to them.

"That's agreeable, of course," he said with a demuring dip of his head. "Thanks - I'm mighty grateful for the opportunity." He looked to the male, remembering what the woman had called him. "Ezekiel, right? Glad ta meet ya." He turned more hesitantly to the woman, who'd been more gracious, certainly, but who he also felt had taken personal insult from something about his person. "I'm afraid I didn't catch your name, ma'am."
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
well Ezekiel is generally not friendly, he's very hard to impress and he's extremely judgmental towards basically anyone he doesn't know. He took the fact that Murdock didn't submit to him as rude, even though that might not have been Murdock's intent. Sorry if I came off that way, it's just the way I play Zeke <3

Krypton simply nodded in agreement to Ezekiel's statement, and added a few more things. She then stepped back, ready to let Murdock through. Ezekiel hesitated for a moment, glancing back at the brown furred male as he spoke. He seemed truly grateful, which Ezekiel did appreciate. The Beta male nodded when Murdock asked him name, and he replied with a more welcoming tone than before. Nice to meet you too. I hope you will find a good home here, as I have. That was Zeke's attempt at being nice to his new pack mate, but even that seemed a little strained.

He stepped back too, allowing Murdock to walk past if he wanted to. The older male turned to talk to Krypton, and Zeke figured he wasn't needed here anymore. Kyrp, I'm gonna round my patrols and head home. You know where to find me if you need me. He said.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
​Ahaha, that's probably on me considering I stalk the heck out of character's profiles before I do a thread with them >< but my apologies for having Kryp act a little sharp, she's mostly just straightforward ^^

It seemed everything was tying itself up nicely. A new recruit who had yet to prove himself was added to the ranks. Hopefully he wouldn't be a floater like some of the wolves who have sought refuge here in the stone circle. Krypton had some high hopes in store for this male. With a nod of her head, she let Zeke wander off to finish patrols before turning her head to the other, older man. "Krypton," she says to him with a softer expression.

She turned to walk in and head into the territory. Beofre she continued, she swung her muzzle to allow him to follow. "Welcome to East Hollow" she said to him, a small smile tugging on the corners of her lips.
304 Posts
Ooc —
Murdock let out a breath as Krypton admitted him to the pack; a pressure deep in his chest began to release, and the male's careful stance relaxed into one of easy neutrality and passive submission. With a greatful grin on his face, Murdock replied - 

"Much obliged."

But while admission to a pack was something that Murdock had sorely desired, the male had little need for their land, at the moment - nor did the thought of slinking between them into their home particularly appeal to the cynical male. "If it's all the same to you, I'll just stay here on the borders for a while. I might as well get a hunt in, now that I know it won't go to waste." Hopefully, they wouldn't think his wary nature too tactless.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel lingered behind to hear the rest of what Murdock said. Ezekiel didn't mind him staying by the borders, as long as he was still contributing to the pack. The large grey wolf nodded, then turned to leave. Despite his initial feelings, he was glad to have another set of teeth at their disposal. Winter and fall was on its way, as were the babies. Easthollow could use all the help it could get. He walked on along the edges of the border, his task the only thing on his mind.