Whitefish River Very scary doll
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Private 
@Genie - takes place on the 27th, late midday

In Neverwinter Forest she awoke, flustered and on her own. Pine needles poked the parts of her that touched the ground and some were stuck on her face. Was it morning already? It sure didn't feel like it, but she cared little for it as she stretched and shook the needles from her charcoal pelt. She couldn't believe it was her third day alone already, but at this rate she'd be home before winter was even close to killing all they knew. It would be her second winter, one she'd easily survive if she came home on time, but still. Summer was the time to be alive and play, and what was winter in comparison to that? She plucked some stray needles from her pelt before wandering out the forest that seemed so very well hidden from the rest of the flatlands. Chusi would swear it was a perfect place for a pack to settle down at, but others seemed to think differently. No smell - no trace of a stranger having passed by in a while. Nothing was keeping her there, that was for certain.

Her graceful legs carried her onward, nose distracted and wrinkling at the smell of something foul. It was not soon before mist concealed her and she nearly fell in a hot spring. The grass between the broken stones was perfect padding for her sore feet, but the smell kept her far from the steaming pools and farther toward what she knew were mountains. It were the very mountains she was promised to conquer one day. Tomorrow she'd do it, but for now she was good on the ground. She was planning to set up camp near a river she was sure to come from somewhere on the mountain, and it revealed itself just as she got out of the smelling fumes of the hotsprings. She wouldn't have called it a forest nor shelter, but it would do for now. She kept on the flatlands' side of the river, not wanting to cross it until tomorrow, and instead started a small hunt.

After two hours or so, two plump rabbits hung betwixt her teeth and she carried them to her resting spot for the evening. Since it wasn't yet dark and clearly not evening yet, she decided to go fishing. It was good she settled near the river, for whitefish and chub could be found very easily and she was able to catch three even before evening. She took a drink and placed her kills on a pile where she knew would be a good sleeping spot. And there she waited for the stars, or something else interesting enough to get her to not eat her dinner.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
we are all dust and shadows.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
Genie was not sure what it was that prompted her to take a short leave from Northstar Vale and explore the surrounding areas. She was not one of those wolves who travelled incessantly because of their wanderlust or those that could not stay long in once place for too long because of the itch to explore. Genie, on the other hand, was quite the opposite. Naturally, she was curious, but she had always been content enough to wander the packlands and do her duty when she was younger. Perhaps, she thought absentmindedly, it was the fact that she was no longer a child that prompted her sudden change. Or maybe it was the sudden recklessness that coursed through her veins — they aren't here to make sure I don't get hurt anymore. No one's here to baby me. I'll show them I don't need their babying.

If anything, they were the ones that needed babying. What with the numerous times Genie was forced to sneak out into the back and patch them up. She shook her head, a sharp breath hissing out from between gritted teeth and scowled. She didn't leave just to be caught up in thoughts about her. She left because she wanted to be free of her, right? It's time to fucking act like it, then. Stop wallowing in your own pool of self-pity, Korwulyn.

In a moment of reckless impulse, Genie dove into the river. She gasped for breath when she emerged, amber eyes wild and glowing, a grin adorning her lips. A laugh slipped from her lips, sharp, bright and filled with warmth — it was the kind of laughter that spoke of freedom, of old friends and family and new beginnings. It had been so long since she last felt this relaxed, this free and god, how she loved it. 

The yearling swam easily now, cutting through the river with an ease that came only with experience. When she reached the other side where the hot springs were, she clambered onto the shore, dripping wet, but still grinning. She shook herself, water droplets spraying everywhere until she was satisfied with the dryness of her pelt. Then, she looked around and promptly froze, the smile dying on her lips. There was someone else here. A girl, charcoal furred and bright eyed, and she probably saw the whole spectacle. Shit. I thought I was alone, what the hell? Genie sucked in a breath, embarrassment flooding her entire body.
If you feel like you’re going to crash then accelerate more, you idiot
No matter how thorny the road is, run

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
From seemingly nowhere did a small form appear, going down the mountain and onto the shore of the other side of the river. Chusi's mouth hung open a little as she observed the sprite of a woman that seemed too lost in thought to even notice her. A coat of flaming chocolate and burnt wood, though her eyes could not be observed from so far. Chusi leaned forward, wondering what she'd do next before she jumped back at the splash of the water when the sprite jumped in. It was almost evening - who'd be willing to get drenched at this hour? Luckily for the stranger it was summer, otherwise she might've gotten a cold - and while Chusi could do a whole lot, she had never been a healer.

When the other began laughing and coming to her side of the river, Chusi raised a brow. Was she alright? It seemed like it, but also not really. Chusi looked at her dinner, then at the deflating girl and let out a small giggle. Ya okay, lil' sprite? Hungry? She asked to break the ice. 'Got sum rabbit 'n fish.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
The girl giggled, and Genie wasn't sure if she was flattered or just outright confused. She decided on the latter and stared as the stranger spoke, calling her 'lil' sprite' and inquiring on the status of her stomach. Once again, she wasn't sure if she was flattered or confused, and thought that perhaps, it was neither. Perhaps it was just nice to be called a nickname, especially since it wasn't a rude one. Still, Genie looked at the girl rather apprehensively, but the soft growl of her stomach reminded her of her priorities — thank god the stranger was far enough not to hear the rumble — and besides, it really couldn't hurt, right? The other yearling seemed friendly enough.

"Yeah, a bit," Genie said sheepishly, her tongue swiping at her lips. With an air of cautious hesitance, she glided over. The girl, she realised as she drew closer, was beautiful. She was long-legged, which meant she probably towered over Genie, and predominantly dark, with ash peppering her hackles and a creamy white painting the base of her throat, gliding down the front of her chest. Her eyes were bright and reminded Genie distantly of stars, even though the colour was completely wrong. The aspriring medic cleared her throat, and said abashedly, "yeah, um, sorry about earlier. I thought no one was around." 

Genie tilted her head, ears slipping back against her skull for a moment before angling forwards once more. "And for the food," she added as an afterthought. She'd stopped by the stranger's haul, but wasn't sure if she was actually allowed to eat yet, and so lingered awkwardly.

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi didn't know how she had become so nice to strangers. Perhaps it was because most strangers had been nice to her in return, though she was sure she didn't do it for personal gain. Doing good felt good, doing bad felt the opposite, and so it would stay for her. She didn't understand wolves that liked hurting others - innocent ones, that was. For if someone wronged her, of course she'd be less nice too. And it looked like the other didn't mind the hospitality nor the offer of food - Chusi didn't mind sharing meals, even if she wasn't the best hunter and currently needed her strength for her adventure. Yes, the other smelled of pack, but who could refuse food?

I' was nice ta see sumone havin' fun 'round 'ere. Chusi commented at her apology, shifting her form to comfortably face the other and the pile. She motioned for the other to sit, finally able to observe her better, but mostly her eyes. They were more fire than Chusi's own - lighter and seemingly flowing with a golden liquid made of the yellow flowers Chusi had seen as a wee babe. They were captivating, for sure, and Chusi had no doubt boys would find the same - but there were more pressing matters at hand; dinner!

'Hope ya like whitefish 'n chub - 'couldn't find others, though they're pr'tty easy ta catch. She informed, sliding a fish over with her paw to the other and one to herself. The two rabbits and the last fish were shoved to the side for the time being. Chusi lowered her muzzle to take a bite, surprised it wasn't as salty as the ones she had caught at sea. They were sweeter and less rough around the edges - nicer, if one would ask Chusi. What's up tha mount'n? 'Mean, where ya come from? She asked then, not able to get over the other's scent.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
"They're great," Genie said, a small smile flickering over her chocolate features and sank down on her haunches, similarly sliding the fish over with her paw before lowering her muzzle to take a bite. She'd eaten this kind of fish before, so was unsurprised by the taste — fish was good and all, but she had always preferred elk or deer. Still, beggars can't be choosers — not that she was a beggar, but, figuratively.

"I don't come from here," Genie told her, swallowing a bite of fish. Now that the stranger seemed friendly and not at all hostile, and her own embarrassment was slowly fading away, the aspiring medic was a lot cheerier. "I wandered for a while and joined a pack. It's just over that mountain, cliff thingy," the girl turned her snout, gesturing at where the Vale was in the far distance. "What about you? Where are you from?" She asked, eyes quietly curious taking another bite of fish.

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi didn't prefer anything over anything - she ate what she could get her paws on and it all tasted nice to her. Except for plants - she did not like chewing on plants or taking medicine, even if she knew it would make her better. But fruit was good, meat, fish, bird, nuts - and who knew what else was out there that was edible. It was probably that reason that she had not starved when she was taken from her mother to the coast; she ate anything that was given to her.

A cliff? Ya live in a cliff? Chusi asked astounded and curious. She didn't know wolves could live there. Her fluffy tail started going from side to side on the ground, especially when it was her time to tell where she came from. It was a long story, and maybe the other only meant where she was from now, but that didn't matter. Her story was one to share and so she would do. Well, 'was born in tha Teekon in mah mum's pack, but we had ta move ta Rosings. There, I ran 'way with a friend 'n ended up at tha coast. 'lost mah friend, 'was taken in 'n handed ov'r from pack ta pack 'til 'Turo adopted meh 'n joined Teaghlaigh. It was a shortened version, for sure, but it was more than enough what the other needed to know. She took another bite before continuing. But we were attacked 'n we moved 'gain to sumwhere in tha Hinterlands. 'been a while since, so now I'm explorin'.

It was then she realized she had been rattling without even telling her name and her ears draped over her skull in blushy embarrassment. Chusi, by tha way - Chusi Fearghal. She smiled.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
"No —" Genie couldn't help but crack a smile at the girl's words and she looked up from her food to cast the still unnamed stranger a curious, yet half amused glance. "— it's a valley between the mountains. It's great. Really pretty." For some reason, flirty words kept popping into her mind, but she knew that there was probably a 5% chance of her actually saying them out loud, so she resigned herself to food instead. If it didn't work out, Genie thought sarcastically to herself, she could always have a relationship with food. It would never be unrequited and she would never be heartbroken. 

The girl told Genie her history which the chocolate fae listened to attentively through little bites of her food, velvet ears flicking forwards to catch the accented words slipping from between the yearling's lips. "Sounds like a bit of a rocky childhood," she commented quietly. It was more of a factual observation than anything else, and she meant absolutely no offense by it, given that her childhood had been, in her opinion, good until a complete disaster ruined everything, including the good memories she had before. Even those were tainted.

"I'm Genie," the fae smiled faintly. "Genie Korwulyn. Nice to meet you, Chusi."

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
A valley? That was even better! While Ravensblood and their current territory were between mountains, neither of them were valleys. While she didn't know what to imagine by the word vale, she knew what to imagine by pretty; high trees and long, empty fields filled with high grass. Tiny rivers with fish, sparkling under the summer sun and waterfalls to match. Caves with rocks shaped like beds or animals - the wind swaying the arms of weeping willows. High mountains with snow on top, no matter what time of year it was and rock slides creating beautiful statues of disaster. Chusi definitely knew how to imagine her own paradise. A pretty place? Then it's really sumthin' for ya. She smiled. Chusi didn't shy away from compliments and had always liked making others feel better - not to mention she liked being complimented too.

She was glad she hadn't scared the sprite away with her story and giggled at her comment. 'wasn't good, but I'm bettah now. She spoke the truth; while her childhood had been anything but peaceful, Arturo and Teaghlaigh had shaped her into an honorable woman - an example and a heir.

Genie... 'Like that name! Very nice ta meetcha. She nodded, finishing her fish not long after. She wasn't full yet but didn't know if the other was. Want tha rabbit too? 'Got just enough fur us.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
A shy smile tugged at the corners of Genie's lips, her eyes slowly folding into little crescent moons — it was, perhaps, the first real smile she'd shown since she'd met Chusi. She bit her bottom lip and looked away for a moment, not because she wanted to look away, or really, anything of the sort, but rather it was a silent attempt to compose herself. She glanced up a moment later, quiet and appreciative. "I'm glad things turned out good for you," she said, sincerity in her voice. Honestly, Genie wish she could say the same for herself, and being a creature who was controlled by emotions, rather than the other way around, her feelings showed on her face. There was a gleam of sadness in her gaze, followed by anger, followed by a resigned look.

It would take time to get over it, Genie knew, but she just wished she knew how long. And a stupid, stupid part of her wished that the stupid girl would just come after her and find her already, but she knew it wasn't so easy, and even if Harley decided to venture out of Frostbite to find her, the chances of them actually meeting again was next to one. She needed to give up, and she knew it, but somehow, she couldn't find it in her heart to do so.

"Are you sure?" her gaze flickered to Chusi hesitantly. "It's really fine. I can always hunt," she reassured the girl, not wanting to seem like someone who stole someone else's hard earned food. Genie could always get food herself, she honestly didn't mind.

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She was glad the other took it well - whether she liked women or men, everyone deserved a compliment every now and then. As long as they were not vain, they deserved all the earned compliments in the world. Arturo had raised her like that as well; she was scolded for doing bad stuff and praised for good stuff. Not that Chusi ever did bad stuff, I mean, come on; look at that cute wittle face. Chusi smiled at first, almost wanting to comment she felt the same, but she noticed something off. Chusi was a social creature, oblivious to logic and reason most of the time, but never to feelings. Was it too early to comment on it? They had only just met and Chusi felt like it was not her place to go poking Genie about her private life. Perhaps, if they become long-term friends, she would open up about it herself.

Nah - 's mah treat. 'Sure I can scavenge on mah journey. 'Was plannin' ta go over tha mountains, but then I might run into yar pack... Chusi informed sweetly and unsure. Are they... nice ta strangers? She asked then.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
"Thank you," Genie shot her a small smile as she pushed the rabbit over in front of her. "But if you visit, I can repay you with food," she winked at the other yearling, feeling more at ease than she should in the presence of a stranger, and dug into her meal. "Yeah, the Alpha is really nice. He looks like a bear, 'cuz he's huge and broad and muscly, but he's actually kinda cute. His eyes are pretty," it was only after the words left her lips that she realised it may have sounded like she liked Rannoch. She didn't, not really, he was more of a friend — if they were even close enough to be called that...

And anyways, a boy like him probably had someone he already liked. Besides, Genie didn't have time for that. Because you're too busy pining over your stupid ex, you stupid little shit. 

She was tempted to yell at herself, but figured that would probably paint her as some kind of maniac and since she'd developed a liking for the girl, she thought that perhaps, she'd do it later, when she was alone and only the heavens could judge her.

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi smiled back, really not feeling bad that she got to eat a little less than planned now that she had made a new friend. She was anything but starving and friendship took first place. Having connections and open paws all over Teekon sounded like a dream but it seemed she could really make it come true. Chusi wasn't good at making enemies, that was for sure. Her ears lifted and her narrow face lit up. Would tha really be okay? Me, visitin'? She asked. Any other wolf would have thought it might have been a trap, but Chusi wasn't used to that kind of thinking. She listened to the description of the alpha and tried to make a picture in her head. Brown like a bear, big and yet cuddly and sparkling eyes. Who cared if she had it wrong; she'd see soon enough!

Kinda cute, ey? Then I should really drop by. She giggled, not wanting it to seem she was actually planning on "stealing" him from Genie. Broad and muscly guys weren't her type, perhaps because they could overpower her, and she was definitely the alpha in a relationship. No, she wanted a guy like Arturo or... Ingram. Is tomorrow okay?
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
"Yeah, I don't see why not!" The corner of Genie's lips quirked upwards in a small smile. Truth to be told, she wasn't quite sure whether Rannoch allowed visitors or not, but it wasn't like she was going to take Chusi into the territory or anything, she'd just, she didn't know. For a moment, the girl's eyebrows furrowed worriedly, then she relaxed. She'd deal with it when it came, but for now, she would just relax and enjoy Chusi's company. 

Chusi giggled and subconsciously, Genie smiled again. "You should," she said with a soft laugh. "He's not my type anyways." And he might be taken.

Also, you're kinda my type.
You remind me of my ex-girlfriend.

She didn't say any of her thoughts out loud, she wasn't that brave. Instead, her tongue slipped from between her lips to clean her bloodstained mouth. And besides, it wasn't like Chusi was really her type. It was just that a small part of her reminded Genie of her ex. That's all. "Yeah, it should be fine," Genie inclined her head in a nod, amber eyes bright and shining even though somewhere deep in her chest, a spark of pain blossomed. She stamped it out as quickly as it'd arrived, and forced her thoughts away.

How many times do I have to tell you to stop thinking before you listen?
Dude, I'm you. You're not listening to yourself. Don't blame me.

Yep. She had now resorted to arguing with herself. Great.

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
*hugs Genie*

While it was strange to hear about a pack willing to have their members have visitors, it also seemed rather ridiculous not to allow it. She knew Arturo would at least allow a friend of hers outside the borders or with him at all times. But Chusi though it to be clear she had no bad plans for the Vale; she just liked wolves and had just met a great one that happened to live there. If there was any pack planning to take a peaceful place down it was Blackfeather Woods. Those fuckers... They had ruined so much and it was hard to stay nice to them. If Chusi were ever to encounter one of them, she didn't know what she'd do...

'Prolly not mine either. She smiled, speaking the truth rather than wanting Genie to feel good. 'Don't like 'em muscly, just cuddly. She shrugged lightly, closing her eyes as she grinned. She opened them and frowned, realizing she had not touched her rabbit yet. Strange -usually she was all about food, but it seemed Genie and the Vale had become even better than that. She begun stripping pieces of rabbit and swallowing them not much later.

Ya... Ya goin' back there fur tha night? She asked, not really wanting her to leave. Sleeping alone (even though she had her own den secluded from the others at home) wasn't really her favorite way to spend the night. She also understood it if Genie would rather go home for the night - it wasn't like it was far anyway and she'd come by tomorrow.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
<3

A smile graced Genie's lips, although this time, it appeared to be tinged with a trace of sadness. Distantly, she recalled the times that she and her ex had cuddled in her den, the entire world oblivious to their relationship — was it even a relationship? Harley was always nervous and on edge, even back then, afraid to be discovered. Genie supposed that her fear was stronger than her feelings for the medic, and although it hurt, there was nothing she could do to change it, well, not now at least.

"I don't know if the Alpha will allow you inside Vale lands," Genie informed her hesitantly, "But I'm sure he'll allow you to visit outside...?" She bit her lip, not wanting to ruin Chusi's infectious enthusiasm, but neither did she want to let the other girl down. Still, it was better to tell her first than see her deflated on pack lands.

"I was going to, yeah." Amber eyes flickered over the other girl's features, and a soft sigh escaped her lips. She canted her head, licked her lips nervously, told herself it was a bad idea, and said, "But if you want me to, I can stay the night?" 

I told you this was a bad idea.
Yes, but we can cuddle with her.
I sincerely doubt it.
Shut up.

She glanced hesitantly at Chusi, wondering at her companion's reply.

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
It wasn't a surprise to hear that the alpha might be a little protective of his piece of land, nor the fact they might have to go outside to be together with Chusi not being a part of them. A thought shot through her, of leaving Teaghlaigh for the vale, but it was quickly tossed aside. She was a heir and without them she would have been nothing; a beggar, a loner with no one to call family and no place to call home. No, she couldn't leave Arturo alone with all their kids going missing. She couldn't leave their dying flower of land. She couldn't leave all that she was there and trade it for the nothing she was out here.

Then... we'll just go outside ta explore. Nevah seen a vale before - 's it nice? She asked then, knowing it would probably hurt Genie's feelings if she were to cancel her visit to the vale just because she couldn't go inside. Though, what could a small warrior like her do to harm the pack? She'd eat only what was given to her or hunted by herself. She'd even sleep outside if that'd make them feel safer. She just needed a place to rest... she had traveled a lot the past few days and she would be lying if she were to say her feet hadn't bled and felt painful.

It... does getta lil' chilly with no real den... Chusi admitted. But ya prolly have friends tha are waitin' for ya back in tha vale. She followed up, not knowing if Genie had many friends nor if she even liked anyone in the Vale.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
"Yes," she tried to keep the relief from her voice, and she managed, but a little glimpse of it could be seen flickering over her liquid amber eyes. "It's really nice," she assured Chusi. The Vale might be nothing like her old home, but it was beautiful, and although Genie had, before, thought nothing of it but a temporary home, a part of her wished her stay to become a little more permanent. She tossed the thought aside for the moment; she'd think more about it when she was alone.

"I don't mind," Genie told Chusi softly, reclining back on her haunches with a lazy smile. "Honestly. It's only one night, and...I'm kinda new to the Vale so I haven't really made friends yet." Even Rannoch, she wasn't sure he really counted as a friend just yet. She literally knew nothing about him. She knew more about Chusi than she did about the Alpha. "I probably know more about you than I do, them," she admitted to the girl, a bit embarrassed. "It's hard for me to make friends."

Like, really hard. Genie wasn't even sure how she managed to become somewhat friends with the charcoal yearling in first place. Were they even friends?

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Really nice ey... That could mean a lot of things. But Chusi liked surprises, otherwise she wouldn't have gone on this journey in the first place. Exploring - bonding with nature and life itself in this way was as beautiful as the sprite before her and Chusi wished to see all of it with her own eyes. The cold winds up north, the sea in summer, the flowers in the meadow, the roses where Rosings was once settled and all the animals that called these places home.

She was surprised to hear all this, having never had a bad time making friends, but she smiled then. 'Wasn't that hard with meh. She encouraged. I always say tha, if ya'r nice ta strangers they'll be nice ta ya. She smiled, thinking of when she was just a wee babe trying to overcome the world. She had become friends with a mute and three packs all at once just by being and doing her. Just do ya. She advised at last.

Chusi had noticed the darkening of the sky - the night approaching. They had almost spent the whole evening together. She smiled, picked up her bones and other things she hadn't eaten and threw them in the river. She was ready to go to bed, for there was kind of a really big thing happening tomorrow. She decided to bury the leftover fish and then looked at Genie rather sheepishly.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
It surprised Genie, if she was being honest, that she'd made friends with Chusi this easily. Normally, it would have taken ages for the girl to open up and talk. Perhaps, she thought absentmindedly, it was because she was embarrassed and wished to bury her embarrassment as quickly as possible, but that didn't seem right....usually when she was embarrassed, she was worse at this friends thing. Maybe it was Chusi, with her friendly demeanour and pretty looks, but that didn't seem right either. Pretty wolves made Genie stutter out her words and generally humiliate herself.

In the end, she concluded that this was an anomaly. It would probably never happen again. But even though Genie had little to no faith in her social skills whatsoever, she still took the other yearling's advice to heart, a little smile dancing upon her lips. It was good advice, she supposed, to just do her, even though that advice was most likely to fail. 

Genie returned Chusi's sheepish look with an amused smile as she stretched and yawned, a feeling of strange comfort falling over her like a blanket. Confusion swallowed her for a moment, then she shrugged it off — it didn't mean anything. "I'll settle here for the night, then, if you want. I mean, if you don't mind." A light flush darkened her cheeks, and she swallowed, but smiled hesitantly at Chusi.

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi was a likable creature, if she did say so herself. If she hadn't been, she wouldn't have survived her childhood. She didn't know what about her made her so friendly towards others, though she blamed it on her heart of gold that was just a bit scratched up by Zephyr. She smiled, knowing life wouldn't have been nice with him around. She liked it without him - he was a traitor to her kindness and would forever stay so. And Arturo agreed.

o' course! 'Wouldn't have asked ya if I didn't want ya ta. She chipped happily, stretching out herself and rubbing her dirtied feet on the ground. She settled against a tree that would provide shade whenever the morning came and opened her body up invitingly. Though Genie's pelt had dried, the underfur was probably still a bit damp and it just wouldn't do to get a cold now.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
Relief fell over Genie like a warm, heavy blanket and she grinned at Chusi before another yawn overcame her. It wasn't late, in fact, it was probably a lot earlier than her usual bedtime, but the girl didn't mind. After all, her sleeping schedule was relatively flexible — sometimes you would find her wandering late at night and sleeping soundly at noon in her den, as if it was night. She slept whenever she felt like it, and woke whenever she slept enough. It hadn't always been like that, but she'd made it a habit to kill all the habits she'd had when she was still living in her natal pack. This was supposed to be a new beginning of sorts, after all.

Genie watched as Chusi settled against a tree and then swallowed thickly. Did she, maybe want, her to come over and..??! "Um..Do you—I mean, should I—" she walked forwards, unsure, nervous. "—What do you, um, I—I'm sorry," she finished lamely, avoiding eye contact. What do you want me to do? She knew, of course she knew, but she wanted to confirm it, you know, because she didn't want to make mistakes and assume things.

"Should I?" Genie gestured then blushed furiously and suddenly wished there was a hole somewhere for her to die in. What. The. Fuck. Was she overthinking this? Did Chusi actually mean that? Mean what Genie thought she meant? She was overthinking this wasn't she? She shivered a bit then, suddenly feeling just a tad bit cold. It made sense to cuddle, she knew, but was she reading the cues right? What was happening? Really, she preferred this to happen when she was close with the wolf, that way, these things wouldn't happen.
she's sUch an awkward ball im sorry

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She's adorable!

Chusi liked order in her schedules; especially her sleeping ones. Sleep early, rise early, have fun and go to bed again. Even out in the big, wild world did she not mess that schedule up. Even if the stars were more beautiful this night than any other night, she needed her rest for the following day; now more than ever. Though, it was nice to sleep with someone again. She hadn't done this ever since she was a wee baby girl at her father's side. They had shared a cozy den before those Blackfeather Fuckers came and... Bad thoughts, Chusi. Bad thoughts.

Chusi simply smiled at Genie as she stumbled over her words in embarrassment, not finding the situation laughable. Genie wasn't a social creature like Chusi and that was okay; everyone was different. Chusbus went with the flow and held little to no embarrassment. She laughed her mistakes off, learned from them and would be more careful next time.

Ya should - 'No point in gettin' a cold now. Chusi replied sweetly, making sure Genie would be able to lie comfortably at her side. It wasn't something she was familiar with, cuddling out in the open, but for everything a first try.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
Genie found herself suddenly grateful by Chusi's lack of comment on her awkwardness and the way she stumbled over her words. Having someone laugh at her would only further increase her embarrassment and lower her self-esteem and that wasn't something she needed. Most of the wolves she'd met in these Wilds, particularly Rannoch, Remi and Chusi were really good to her. It was nice that she'd found someone like the charcoal yearling in this strange new place, who was bright and talkative and loud but bore a soft, kind heart of gold as well.. 

No. No. Don't go there.

But of course, Genie's mind had already gone there. Still, she composed herself surprisingly easily — perhaps it was because the sudden barrage of emotions came not from Chusi, but from her own thoughts — and offered Chusi one of her rare sweet smiles. Hesitantly, the girl lay down beside the yearling, a little stiff and a little awkward at first. It had been quite sometime since she slept next to another and it would be an understatement to say she wasn't used to it.

But Genie was strong, and so she forced herself to relax. Forced her muscles to unclench and her whole body to fall limp against Chusi's side. It took some minutes, but soon she found herself actually relaxing, a content sigh slipping from between her lips and subconsciously,  she moved a little closer to the other girl. "Thanks," she mumbled sweetly, a little shy and a little embarrassed still, but grateful nonetheless.

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
It was strange how Genie didn't remind her of anyone since she had met so many wolves already. Genie wasn't like anyone, as far as Chusi knew, and that made her all the more interesting. She wished she could look into Genie's mind and find out what made her so socially awkward - why she seemed so unsure of cuddling while it was the more reasonable thing to do. She was wet, the night was cold and sleeping all cuddled up was a better way of spending it.

Still, Chusi closed her eyes approvingly when she settled at last, feeling her muscles relax a bit later. Chusi had never been informed of the male and female stereotypes or if one should only date one of the other sex. She hadn't been attracted to another female except for finding some pretty to look at, like how she found Lotte pretty - and Genie as well. Could she love one of them the way she had Ingram? She guessed yes.

Chusi smiled, not knowing why Genie was thanking her. For the food? A good evening? A new friend? The fact Genie was allowed to cuddle up against her? All of these were things she didn't even want to be thanked for, but she kept quiet. 'Goodnight Genie... She mumbled softly - somewhat purring.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**