Iktome Plains Weary Traveler
63 Posts
Ooc — Sarah
Noting the look of pride on Charon's face when he gazed upon his territory, Clock looked back at the mountain again for a few respectful moments. He did not want to create any enemies by appearing nonchalant, although his mind was largely preoccupied with thoughts of food and rest. "A fine-looking place to live," he murmured with a nod of his shaggy head. He wasn't just saying it either. He came from a whole range of mountains and was quite comfortable being in that environment. 

He shook his head at Charon's next question. "No, not long at all actually," he confessed. "I came from very far South of here and have just arrived here. There are not many wolf packs in those parts, and I don't think I would have survived if I had stayed there." And indeed, what Clock did not know was that even though the wolf species was protected in the national forests of the Rocky Mountains, if he had wondered onto a human's ranch in search of easy prey then he would have been fair game to be shot and killed. Clock had definitely been following his instinct in leaving those parts.

"Anyway," he continued quickly, sensing that Charon wasn't too eager for a lengthy conversation. Likely, he was just making sure Clock posed no threat to his pack and would prefer to go about his business. "I'm pretty tired from my travels and it doesn't look like the hunting is good right now, so I was going to rest in that grove of trees back there and pursue some small prey this evening. It was very nice to meet you Charon." He ducked his head again, politely, at the other.
Messages In This Thread
Weary Traveler - by Clock - July 26, 2017, 10:05 PM
RE: Weary Traveler - by Charon - July 27, 2017, 06:17 AM
RE: Weary Traveler - by Clock - July 27, 2017, 12:05 PM
RE: Weary Traveler - by Charon - July 28, 2017, 03:14 AM
RE: Weary Traveler - by Clock - July 28, 2017, 09:20 AM
RE: Weary Traveler - by Charon - July 31, 2017, 02:07 AM
RE: Weary Traveler - by Clock - July 31, 2017, 07:07 PM
RE: Weary Traveler - by Charon - August 01, 2017, 01:40 AM
RE: Weary Traveler - by Clock - August 02, 2017, 10:47 AM
RE: Weary Traveler - by Charon - August 03, 2017, 03:33 AM