Iktome Plains If only you knew
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
All Welcome 
Tytonidae strayed this way and that the past few weeks, slowly making herself known to wolves in the area. Hopefully, enough would decide to join that she could really start to take hold of the plateau. Until then, she knew she just had to keep on trucking. It was a good thing she enjoyed the travel and the socializing with strangers. If she hadn't, she wasn't sure she'd be fit to start a pack. Idly, she wondered how her father had been able to do it. Then again... he'd simply taken wolves from Blacktail Deer Plateau, and he'd also had Fox to help him.

As she went over these things in her mind, she wandered the vast plains at an easy trot. There was a deer herd far to her left, and the coast wasn't too far to her right. She knew she couldn't take on a deer by herself, but she did make note of the food source being nearby. Maybe in the future she could bring her wolves here for a proper pack hunt. It might make for a good bonding activity!
56 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Merrigan had given up on starting her own pack. Nobody had shown interest beside herself and Snake, something that disappointed but didnt surprise her. She had moved on to the plateau, on her way to search for more packs to join. She could smell deer far to her left, the breeze blew their scent to her making her mouth water. She wouldn't be able to take one down by herself obviously but she was hungry and the urge to try anyway.

She kept walking in a straight path until she spotted a moving black figure in the distance. She sniffed the air and grimaced, realizing it was another female. She chuffed loudly to singify her presence, not wanting to startle the female. She paused in her walking and waited to see how the female would respond to her presence.
Warrior(3/5)

416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
A noise diverted Ty's attention, and she turned to see another wolf nearby. The other wolf seemed... miffed by her mere presence, and Tytonidae wondered if she was attempting to take this land as her own. Ty hadn't smelled any scent markers, but if it was a newer establishment (like her own), it was possible they had faded over time. However, Ty didn't wish to jump to conclusions, so she didn't move to apologize or ask if that was the case.

"Hello!" she called out, trotting toward the other wolf until they were at a more conversational distance. "I was eyeballing that herd, but I think it would take a few more wolves for me to take down even one of those beasts." She would have really, really liked that, but somehow she didn't think that three more wolves were going to magically show up to help her.
63 Posts
Ooc — Sarah
Clock had spent the afternoon sleeping in a shady grove of trees, waiting until later in the day to hunt for small prey. He had just arrived in these parts, having traveled all the way from the Rocky Mountain regions. His young body showed the strain of travelling alone. His lanky frame was even thinner from lack of food and his light coat ticked on the top with grey and black had a dull and dirty look to it. However, he was still young and healthy. All he needed was a few good meals and more rest and he would be back to his usual self.

As he set off across the plains looking for small game, he eventually came across the two conversing females. They did not look threatening, so Clock did not bother to hide himself. Plus, he had met Charon, alpha of a nearby pack, earlier that same day and thought perhaps these females were members of the same pack. Clock was so used to small numbers of wolves that he did not even think that there would be significant numbers of lone wolves in the area. He whoofed to announce his presence as he approached. He could smell deer off in the distance and he became even more aware of the hunger pains in his belly. He would love to tear into the rich meat of a freshly killed deer. Larger prey was infinitely more satisfying than the small rabbits and voles and he managed to catch thusfar.
56 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Merrigan's eyes were wary as the female came closer, and her body stiffened. Not all of the wolves she had met in teekon had been friendly, and most had their...quirks. As the female began to speak she found herself relieved to hear the note of friendliness in her tone, and she offered a slighht smile.Her gaze turned to the herd that wasnt too far off and she felt her stomach rumble. She hadnt had a really good meal in almost two weeks,only living off of rabbit and leftover carcasses that she found from past kills.Her fur was begiinniing to dull and her solid and muscular frame was thinning out too much for her liking. "Aye, they do look appetizing. I wouldn't mind attempting to help you take one down, if you'd accept my offer. That is, if you would also be wiilling to share the meal?" she made her offer first, and then stated her terms. She wasn't one to work for nothing in return, especially not when she had no pack to help care for but only herself and her singular stomach.

As she fell silent another soft voice rang out, and she turned to see a male heading in their direction. She noted that he too looked like he hadnt had a good meal, and with a small twitch of her tail she commented in her mind that he apparently hadnt a good wash either. "Hello there, We all came to one place then." she said in a lightly joking way.
Warrior(3/5)

416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
"Like I said," Ty repeated, "I think it would take a few more." If she'd thought they could do it together, she would have offered that suggestion up herself. "I am—" but she was interrupted by the approach of yet another wolf. Could three of them take down one of the deer? They certainly had more of a chance if they did that... though Tytonidae wondered if he would even be interested in such a thing.

"Hey there," she said to the newcomer... although they were all kinda newcomers at this point. "We were just talking about trying to take down one of those deer. I think, with three of us, we could take down a smaller injured one. There's a straggler at the back that might do." She looked expectantly to the male, wondering if he'd join in. Without him, she didn't think they had a chance. "Forgive my manners. I'm Tytonidae, and this is..." she trailed off, letting the other female introduce herself.
63 Posts
Ooc — Sarah
Clock nodded to the two wolves and came closer when neither of them showed signs of aggression. He smiled a little at the bigger female's comment. He could tell by their scents that they were not part of Charon's pack and that they were not in a pack together. Three lone wolves... three lone hungry wolves by the look of it. Clock's eyes took in the bigger female's thinning frame then slid over to the smaller, dark furred female. She appeared better fed, but she had a slight built as it was. His ears pricked with delighted interest when the smaller female suggested a hunt. What luck! He nearly yipped with excitment, still being full of youthful enthusiasm at 2 years old. He took a better look at the herd when she mentioned a weaker deer at the far end of the field and silently nodded his approval. "I don't see what it could hurt, if you two are game for a try." Hunting larger prey was always more economical than small prey, and Clock desperately needed a good meal. He had never been part of a large pack, and for several months it was only him and his brother Onni, so he was used to hunting larger prey in small groups. Hence his current state of confidence. The larger female - who Clock judged was built bigger than he - looked very strong, and held herself with a quiet assuredness that was pleasing to him. The smaller female looked very quick and clever, and she had an air of authority around her inspite of her slender frame. Clock could not imagine a better hunting party to stumble upon.

He gave a polite bow of his head when introductions were made. "Pleased to meet you both. My proper name is Cluence, but everyone calls me Clock." He wagged his tail in a friendly way.
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Looks like Merrigan's gone inactive, so let's continue! Hopefully we can push through this pretty quickly. :)

The first wolf, for whatever reason, made a quick exit from the group. Ty didn't quite catch what she'd said, but no time was given to respond, and Ty watched as she disappeared without so much as a goodbye. "Well," Ty said, looking back to Clock, "That was a bit rude, don't you think?" Ty hadn't even caught her name... not that it was of any use now. Clearly that wolf wasn't reliable enough to join her little venture on the plateau.

"So, uh, Clock, is it? I don't feel comfortable taking down a deer with just the two of us, but I am recruiting folks. What kinda skills have you got?" she asked, letting him take the floor for speaking.
63 Posts
Ooc — Sarah
Clock watched the bigger female leave, feeling a bit disappointed but trying to hide it at the same time. He agreed with Ty - it was not likely they would be able to take down a deer with just the two of them. His ears pricked with interest when the other wolf said she was recruiting for a pack and he sat thoughtfully down on his haunches. Okay, so this was it... What skills did he have?

"I am a relatively good hunter," he began calmly and then laughed a little bashfully. "And I must admit, I'm sorry to see that other wolf go. I could have proved it to you." He looked Tytonidae right in the eye as he said it, a little twinkle in the brown depths. He knew he was being cocky. "Lets see," he continued with a business-like shake of his head, "I'm fairly relaxed and easy to get along with." He felt he didn't need to explain to her the importance of getting along with others when it came to forming a pack. "Oh, and lets not forget that I'm young and healthy." He stood and turned a quick circle before sitting down again, giving the other wolf a brief glance of his body to show that he was not wounded or mangey. He paused then and looked toward Ty, gauging her response so far. Some wolves liked it short and to the point while others were looking for details and explanations.
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Ty gave a light shrug when he said he was sorry to see the other wolf go. She figured that, if the other was going to leave so quickly, she probably wasn't the best fit for what Tytonidae was trying to do here. Clock was quick to state his strong points, and she was happy for that. Of course, words could only do so much, and only time would tell if he was actually good at what he claimed to be.

"Good enough for me!" Ty replied, satisfied with his display of good health. "I'll keep recruiting. All I need you to do is stick around the plateau. Maybe hustle up some grub if you can, and let me know when you want to share with the rest of us. Granted, 'the rest of us' isn't many right now, but hopefully it will be soon." She paused for a moment, wondering if she was forgetting anything, but couldn't find anything in particular. "Deal?"
63 Posts
Ooc — Sarah
He listened closely with ears pricked attentively when she asked that he remain close by and suggested he help with bringing in food. He gave a quick nod of agreement as his mind whirled with ways in which to start catching prey. He was brought back to the present, though, when she mentioned there were not many pledged to the pack so far. "How many so far?" he asked curiously. "If you have one other good hunter, we might still have time to call them over and get a sortie started before the herd moves on." He looked off in the distance where the deer were grazing, unconcerned over the conspiring that was taking place so close to them.
416 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Tagging @Earthsea @Qilaq and @Silas in case they can hop in. No worries if not! :)

Clock seemed bound and determined to get at these deer, and Ty figured it wouldn't hurt to reach out to her pack mates to see if anybody could help. So with a long, low howl, she called out for her comrades. Once her howl ended, she turned back to Clock. "There's only a few of us right now. Exact numbers are mushy, especially in the beginning, but I know we'll grow." Tytonidae wasn't sure how long it would take, but she was confident that her little band of rascals would come together in the end.
。◕‿‿◕。
12 Posts
Ooc — Melee
idk if this is before or after earthsea got lost but i'mma be squishy with time

Bheyidon was pretty amorphous at the moment, and Earthsea wasn't yet keeping track of the others that had joined them -- nor was she particularly protective yet, either. She sort of assumed that whoever was hanging around would be hanging around and left it at that. When their claim solidified, she supposed their territorial-ness would, too, but for now, theirs was a party that everyone was invited to.

She followed the sound of Ty's howl, noting the presence of one other. To him, she nodded, then bumped her head beneath Tytonidae's chin. Might as well start off with some good habits.

From there, the three strategized a plan of attack— their first hunt together as a fledgling pack. Although not perfectly executed, for they had some getting-used-to to do, it resulted in full bellies and satisfied sighs.
I am a slower-paced roleplayer. There may be times that I am only able to post once per activity period. If I do not respond to a thread within 7 days, you are welcome to minorly powerplay Earthsea's exit if you prefer a faster pace.