Hideaway Strath dodge left, dodge right
que the fuck
27 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Joining 

One has searched for the kindest words available and come up with only this; Cuicatl was looking rough. She had stomped up to the border with lingering agitation from her slip in the swamp (poor thing had lost her footing and gone face first into a mud patch) leaving brown indents behind her with each step. Before doing anything, she took a moment to try cleaning as much of the dirt pudding from her limbs as she could, but was sad to find that it had seemed to conjoin itself with her own fur(?)

Like I said, Cuicatl was looking rough.

She gave a defeated sigh and howled for someone to come find her, then flopped down into proper position. When greeted, whoever came to her first would find her on her back with her paws in the air and her tail swaying against the ground. First impressions were important, especially when one found themselves at the borders of a stranger with little to no real defense other than brute force. Cuicatl was no dummy; she knew if one of these pack wolves saw her "defending" herself by locking jaws with their leader, their wasn't enough force in the world that could save her.
This is a limited consent character! Please keep this in mind when threading with her.
For further details on this, visit her profile.
you ain't seen nothing like me yet
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist

There seemed to be no time she spent outside of at least Lotte or Arturo's company if not both of theirs. And she wasn't complaining at all. She was sore, but satisfied, even as her heat ended. It wouldn't take long before they knew the state of things; a week, two weeks, and the medic would feel certain. When she heard the howl she pressed a few quick kisses to Lotte's cheek before tugging herself from the plush woman's embrace to attend to the figure at their borders. She wasn't sure where Arturo was but expected his prompt response as ever - especially since he would soon realize one of his women had gone to the borders. 

The figure smelled of a female, which was a relief to Hemlock, as even though her heat had ended she had no desires to encounter a male at the moment. It was surprising to find someone directly supplicating themselves in such a way, but with her hormones still in flux it only pleased her more. Hemlock's posture was all it took to affirm her status here, her scent laced in every inch of it's borders. Still, she did not allow the stranger to rise; instead, a brow lifted as she stared at the other female in a clear invitation to state her business on their borders.

available for naturalist and medical threads just tag her!
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

[Image: naturalist_master.gif] 12/20
que the fuck
27 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Of all the wolves, I had to get a...

Within moments, a proud looking femme with the lingering scent of hormones still in her coat pranced her way to the border. Cuicatl watched her entire in silence, studying the way she carried herself and trying to figure out for herself if this was the Alphess or someone of a lower rank. Without a proper beckoning, she dared not stand. Rather, she tried to find it in herself to make as serious a statement as she could while looking at the world at a dizzying upside down.

Your pack, I wish to join, Cuicatl began, her words heavily accented to say the least, I'm a fighter, and just to spice things up, but I know herbs. Now just from what was being presented to her (a dominant female, obviously high in rank and with the lingering scent of a passing heat, whether hers or someone else's), Cuicatl was able to deduce that someone inside of the borders could be in need of a caregiver. Although it was a bit of an embellishment, she was hungry and willing to say whatever she needed to in order to make it in.
This is a limited consent character! Please keep this in mind when threading with her.
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
just a cameo post. if arturo is needed at all just tag me! :-)

Hemlock’s heat had came to an end but that does not lessen the protectiveness over her that it had strengthened. They do not know for sure yet but it is very likely that they were successful at conceiving (for he doubts she is sterile and he knows that he is certainly not) and the instinct to protect his children even if they are nothing more than beans (if that) and the mother(s) if his children have always been strong within the Fearghal monarch. Ceannasach trusts that Hemlock can handle a stranger at the borders but it makes him too anxious not to be present even if it is only to hang out in the background to watch. The coywolf wastes no time coming to the scene, but he lingers in the background, within the shade of the coniferous trees: seen (even if he deigned to hide the fire of his twin-sun gaze would give him away) but far back enough away to signal that he is not apart of the conversation. The stranger speaks of an interest at joining Teaghlaigh — that is where he has come into the conversation but he keeps to his silence, happy to let Hemlock do her job without interrupting.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist

She could nearly feel Arturo's eyes once they landed on her, aware of his presence acutely. She might have preened, presented herself more but instead she stayed cool headed. Especially given the way that she was currently scrutinizing the other female. Hemlock's eyes shifted just a little when the woman claimed her specialty, and to this, Hemlock gave a slight nod to allow her to at least sit. "Are you trained at all? Or is your talents more in the moment remedies?" Hemlock asked curiously. She would test her - of course - but there was a difference in the way that one learned. If it was small tricks to get you through, Hemlock still didn't consider it bad but if there was a genuine interest in the field and a desire to learn more she would also be pleased to hear it. "Where have you come from? And your name?" 

Sorry for the wait, I'll be keeping up better I hope. Feeling crummy and under the weather xx

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

que the fuck
27 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Take your time!

My fighting is a learned and practiced skill, but herbs don't come as naturally. Cuicatl took the invitation and sat back, though she lowered herself to accomodate for the space between them. In truth, she had never had much of an interest in what she considered to be domestic trades. As a child, she would cry and whine before lessons until the official decision to allow her into the boy's training quarters was finally made.

Cuicatl, from a southern territory. I've just returned from a visit, this was the first pack I'd come across. The scent of another entered the air, raising Cuicatl's suspicions, but she remained silent on the matter. It made sense to have others watching over their leader, no matter how intimidating it was to those coming to join.
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist

Well, it might not have been on her same level of knowledge but few were. That was fine. They could still offer up what they did know - a communal effort of things, and Hemlock would be just as pleased knowing that in a bind there were others interested in healing or even carrying rudimentary knowledge in them. They still had a need for mercenaries and Hemlock wouldn't pass up the opportunity to add to their strengths should the stranger prove to be an asset. "You have found yourself on the borders of Teaghlaigh - we are Family first and foremost, and it is our biggest strength." Of this she was certain. She could not imagine the bonds of other packs to work as theirs did, though she had truthfully not taken the time to test any of them. 

"Our creed is simple. The Family comes first, and all who are of Teaghlaigh uphold this simple rule. Our Ceannasach's word is absolute law. Can you abide by these rules?" Hemlock asked curiously, almost holding with baited breath to see what the response would be. This was the point when many other, lesser creatures, found the pressure to be too high. Would this one cave the same way?

que the fuck
27 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Of course, Cuicatl assured her, Family and order are two of my highest virtues. Of course, family was only family until the winter came, then it was each man for himself. No matter how much Cuicatl wanted to believe something else, this always had a way of proving true. Order, however, always remained stagnant; law was law, no bias included. The fact that this lady seemed so adamant about emphasizing it only made it seem more legitamite to Cuicatl, so there was no reason for her to turn away. 

I look forward to serving you, if you will have me.
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist

Hemlock gave a little nod; this was enough for her for the time being. At least this one was willing to try and assimilate into Teaghlaigh's ways. "For now you will be a Comhlach as you get familiar with our pack and our ways." She explained. "It would do well to get familiar with the others of the pack, to seek out Arturo, our Alpha and Ceannasach." Hemlock knew that Lotte would come to find her soon enough, no doubt Chusi once she'd returned would seek the woman out as well. She approached and pressed her shoulder against the other females, making sure that her scent was upon the woman before she gave a nod. "Would you prefer a tour, or to explore at your will?" The options given, she waited for the woman's response before heading further to the territory - a glance given to Arturo with a little coy smile to entice him to follow her as well.