Northstar Vale Criticized for what we believe
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
All Welcome 
@Rannoch mostly, though tagging @Mouse and @Genie also. Takes place on the 28th, late-morning. Not sure if Genie spent the night with Chusi so keeping vague about that - just wanted this to go up XD

Waking up was a strange experience yet again; confused, out of it and rather... lonely. She had not thought she would miss home - Teaghlaigh was safe and could be found in a jiffy. She had said her goodbyes and they knew she'd come home before winter... Still, a den and dinner with family sounded really great now. Perhaps she could crash at the Vale for a bit if she promised to hunt for them and defend their territory. No, she'd not join them unless she found the love of her life and after her journey, but a sleepover? Who could say no to that?

A limp hare hung from her mouth as she climbed the mountain she had wanted to conquer for so long. It had looked bigger as a child... Did that matter? It was still her destiny to be upon it; to meet the bear-like alpha of the Vale Genie had spoken of rather fondly. She imagined a brown wolf with the same dark eyes as herself - older and wiser, much like Arturo. Little did she know she was completely wrong. When her eyes fell upon the vale, she almost dropped her gift. It was big and open, like a tiny paradise simply pushed into the hard surroundings of the mountains. Green and light and rather... dream-like. She smiled around her hare as she carefully descended to half-way down.

Hovering above the ground of the vale did she call for its members - Genie and the alpha in particular.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Rannoch was licking the last reminders of his breakfast when he recieved the unexpected call. Though he did not know who had issued it, as the voice was forgiven to him, he replied quickly and assured his guest that he be right there. 

The most striking thing that occurred when he finally arrived was how heavily her pack scent clung to her coat. Though he did not recognize it, as he had not been exposed to many packscents, Rannoch was aware of her allowance. "Hello, I'm Rannoch, Alpha of this Vale" he greeted with a wave of his tail, his eyes momentarily settling on the gift that hung limp in her jaws. "How can I help you?"
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
When the "bear" of a man showed himself, Chusi was surprised. He was big and stuff, but not nearly as big as she had pictured. He wasn't brown, instead a gray with white and, if she wasn't mistaking, had cool blue eyes. This was not a bear. He sounded nice - seemed nice - and had a nice home. Maybe he looked like a bear to Genie, since she was pretty tiny, but he was more like a massive, gray beaver to Chusbus. She made her way back done under the careful watch of the alpha, placing her gift before him with a smile and a bow. Ears streaked back, tail low and swaying, ochre eyes sparkling as always.

But ya're cuddly! She blurted before thinking. It had been in her head for a while, but she hadn't wanted it to be the first thing out of her mouth. Sorry - Sorry - When Genie talked 'bout ya I wasn't sure how cuddly ya'd be... She apologized, probably making things worse, but she had said sorry. That meant everything was good, right? 'm Chusi - Chusi Fearghal - and mah friend Genie told meh I could visit today - that ya were nice, y'know. She explained.

Oh - 'n I brought'a gift! She said with a quick glance to her hare. It's fur ya. She clarified - Genie had already gotten food from her pile, and though Chusi wasn't mad, she also didn't want to force feed the poor sprite.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Chusi's reply was unexpected, and his surprise at the comment was briefly apparent on his face, but as the Ríchíosa advanced in her introductory monologue, Rannoch learned her reasoning for being at the Vale. Disregarding her previous statement, as the thought of a stranger talking about his cuddliness made him somewhat uncomfortable, he listened to what she said. 

"Welcome, Chusi," he replied, his eyes falling briefly to the gift she had brought. Rannoch was assured of the face value of the off colored comment that she had made; that she had meant no harm by the remark. His confidence stemmed from his trust in Genie. Despite not knowing her too well, his gut told him that she was to be trusted and he did just that. "Any friend of Genie is a friend of the Vale," he assured her with a wag of his tail. 

Before taking her into the territory, he had a question for her, as he was curious about the smell that clung to her pelt. "I've never smelt anybody else like you," but how strongly it radiated from her assured him that she was a part of a pack, "Where do you come from?" 
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Now that he was better observable, Chusi could confirm Genie's words. Yes, he was big, but cuddly, and definitely cute. But, she could also confirm her own words. No, he was not her type. Alpha males had never truly been if she was being honest; they thought they were the everything the pack had. Of course, not EVERY alpha thought so, like her father, but certainly some did. Vanity was not attractive to the little chusbus, but Rannoch didn't strike her as such. Still, she would not go chasing after his ass in this vale, that was for sure.

She was, surprisingly, welcomed instead of sent away. She knew Teaghlaigh's pack scent probably still clung to her pelt a little, but the baths had helped. Though, a new scent was always noticed first. Chusi raised her brows a bit, thinking of how Genie had told she wasn't good at making friends while Rannoch made it seem like she had friends visit every day. Perhaps he took pity on the little sprite and wished her at least one friend, even though she wasn't from the Vale? Arturo would call that weakness. Chusi found it admirable.

When his comment drifted through the air, Chusi's eyes grew wide. She raised a paw, sniffled herself but no; she did not smell bad. Her gaze went back to Rannoch, brown knitted in a confused frown when he continued. Ooooooh - ya mean mah pack scent! 'Come frum Teaghlaigh, it's waaay passed tha other mountains. 'Been travellin' fur a while, 'Goin' all 'round Teekon! She informed happily. We used ta live in Ravensblood Forest, it'sa bit ta tha coast. But, sum Blackfeather Fuckers came 'n ruined tha party. Her ears pressed farther down in embarrassment, Had she told too much? 'Didn't mean ta curse... But they're really bad! She tried to justify her habbit, but something told her it would take at least three awkward, blurting Chusis to make Rannoch truly angry.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
Ghost
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Rannoch was exposed to a good amount of information all at once, and he did his best to navigate through the information. Though he had never heard of Teaghliah, he was intrigued to learn more. But just as quickly as he was about to inquire about his pack, his attention got diverted to the topic of Blackfeather Woods. From there he prompted Chusi to disclose what she knew so that the Vale could be prepared for whatever threat the Woods might pose to them. Little did Rannoch know, he had already talked to the leader of Blackfeather Woods. 

Thankfully, as time progressed, their conversation shifted to a more pleasant topic, and it was at that point that Rannoch invited Chusi further into his claim. Side by side, the wolves conversed as they sought Genie so that the two women could be reunited.