Morningside Cuesta won't cry no Mississippi
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Private 
Grayday found Sunspot in the meadow, undearneath the tree furthest from the den. She had her head on her paws and was gazing desolately in his direction as he approached. She seemed to shrink into herself as he drew nearer, but Grayday had set aside his anger. He'd waited this long to speak to her just to be sure he could do it without yelling or accusing. It wouldn't change anything and would only serve to drive the wedge already between he and Sunspot a bit further.

"You can stop looking at me like that," he said lightly, coming to a halt before her and immediately disliking the way he seemed to be looming over her. He took a step back, a frown forming briefly on his face before he smoothed it out. "I have another favor to ask."
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
the sun also rises
Health - 90% (90/100)
155 Posts
Ooc — mix
Sunspot eyed her brother warily as he approached. She didn't believe for a second that he wasn't still angry with her, at least a little bit. But it seemed like he didn't want to talk about it, and Sunspot was eager to try and redeem herself, though she was a loathe to admit to this.

"What?" she asked, sitting up. She didn't like him standing over her, either.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
His tail flicked in irritation at the tone his sister took - or at least at the way he took the tone his sister took - but the male wisely held his tongue on the matter. Arguing won't help anything, he reminded himself, forcing himself to relax once more.

"I need you to find someone for me," said Grayday, proceeding to explain about Deirdre and Donnelaith. "I think she might be able to help Heartha. I was going to take her myself after the kids got older, but... it doesn't seem smart to wait, and more than that... I think you need to get out of here for a while," he admitted, peering owlishly at his littermate.
the sun also rises
Health - 90% (90/100)
155 Posts
Ooc — mix
Sunspot started at the last part of his explanation, reeling back a bit. "Are you kicking me out?" she demanded, feeling as though all the breath had been knocked out of her lungs. She knew she'd done horribly at watching Heartha, and that she'd continued to do badly even after the woman got knocked up - but part of her had believed that Grayday would still take pity. She just wasn't the nurturing kind. She could heal, yes - and she could provide. But actually watching and caring for others was just not her thing.

But the jig was up. She was about to be hunting for herself and dressing her own wounds, because her own brother intended to run her off.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday offered a wry smile. "I'm asking you to find Heartha the help she needs," Grayday corrected. "You can come back when you're done. Hell, I'll miss you when you're gone - but you've been in your head since you got here, Spot," he said, exasperated. It'd driven him up the wall to see her so tired and disinterested all the time. Although he was a strong believer in the strength of the pack, he knew cabin fever when he saw it.

"Go rove for a while," he insisted. "You're not doing either of us any favors forcing yourself to be a homebody."
What's Mine is Ours
the sun also rises
Health - 90% (90/100)
155 Posts
Ooc — mix
Sunspot sagged in relief at this revelation. Apparenty, her odd behavior had not gone unnoticed by Grayday. Truthfully, she wasn't sure what was wrong with her. Grayday seemed to think that some time away would do her good, but Sunspot wasn't so sure. She'd stayed here because he was here, and she didn't know where the rest of the family was. What would she do when she lost that last piece of familiarity?

"I miss Mom and Dad," she blurted. She shuffled awkwardly, regretting the words as soon as they were out.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day avoided his sister's eyes, and thus, was unaware that she was doing the same thing. "Uh. Me too," he replied, not quite sure it was the right thing to say. Sometimes, he wasn't sure he had the right to miss them - at least not like Sunspot did.

"Look, Spot," he began, clearing his throat, "you'll always be welcome here. Don't worry about that. I just... I really need your help, here."
What's Mine is Ours
the sun also rises
Health - 90% (90/100)
155 Posts
Ooc — mix
Sunspot nodded tightly. "Okay," she said, blowing out a breath. "Okay - I'll leave right away." She frowned, remembering something she'd meant to do a while back. "I'll stop by those hotsprings, too. Maybe there's somewhere nearby we can stay for the winter," she offered, tail wagging a bit as she thought of seeing the phenomenon. It'd intrigued her ever since Grayday had first mentioned it.

The huntress stepped forward and briefly embraced her brother, his body feeling strange and alien against her own. "I'll see you soon, okay?"
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day licked her cheek in parting, his heart twisting uncomfortably. He hardly knew his sister anymore, but it still hurt to see her go. She was a piece of the past he'd never expected to find, and losing her - even for a little bit - would be hard.

"Be careful," he warned, watching as she turned and immediately began to trot away. And, seeing her tacit nod of acknowledgment, Grayday began to wonder if this had been a good idea after all.
What's Mine is Ours