Moonspear i got some secrets i forgot to mention
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
going to say that @Lyra is welcome to join since she's been looking after him, but no obligation!! some mild pp towards lyra, if that's okay? for the wonderful @Wraen <3

if wraen had been by to visit, terance didn't know. he'd been mostly unconscious for a few days straight (from blood loss and a hard knock to the head, most likely), and when he finally was awake, he wasn't very good at holding conversations. sometimes his hearing felt sort of fuzzy-- like his ears had been stuffed with leaves. and sometimes he was way too focused on something else to multi-task a conversation. there was one spot in the den where the sun fell in a single beam of light, and once, he was so entranced by the little speckles of dust that floated through it, two hours went by and he hadn't even realized that lyra returned. in a similar instance, lyra was standing so perfectly in that beam of light. her eyes especially glittered and shown like the ocean, and terance couldn't stop staring. she must've said something to him, since her mouth moved, but terance hadn't noticed. he only noticed how exceptionally gorgeous her eyes looked. he wouldn't remember he'd done that come the next morning, however.

regardless of the previous weeks, the past few days was better... terance was better. take today, for example-- he sat upright and spoke full sentences and ate a whole rabbit and even muttered a bit of sass at lyra earlier in the day. this week especially was an improvement, he was finally himself again. though, he did still sleep a lot

he tried not to look at his wounds, which almost completely covered up the one he'd received traveling with sarah. he couldn't see it, but it travelled from his upper lip, down his jaw, and stopped right at the top of his throat-- a true miracle-- it picked back up just at his shoulder, and tore across his flank and side... that, he could see. trying to ignore it, terance gave a new clicks of his tongue-- his mouth was sort of dry-- and gazed out the den thoughtfully.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
ooc: yay!!! :D

It had been quite difficult first few weeks at the Moonspear, even though the beginning had seemed so promissing to Wraen. Despite her usually outgoing and bubbly nature, she found herself lost among all of the new wolves and unable to approach them and start a conversation. And apart from the times, when she had come to visit Terance always missing those rare moments, when he had been awake, she spent time lurking around the less inhabited areas of the Moonspear. Hunting, sleeping and feeling very, very lonely. 

Wraen had attempted fishing in a creek this morning and ended up splashing around more than catching anything. Unless you count a frog that slipped right through the young she-wolf's jaws. Dripping wet and on her way to another corner of the surrounding forest, she decided to stop by the place, where her brother was making his recovery. Today odds were in her favor, because upon her arrival she noticed the familiar shape of Terance's muzzle, peeking out of the den. 

"I see that Prince Charming has awoken from the 100 year sleep," she said, approaching him carefully, though it was hard to conceal her enthusiasm and happiness for seeing him. "Who was that brave girl to give you a true love's kiss?" she asked, taking a seat few feet away from him.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance could barely make out the scent of a wolf as she came nearer. he didn't recognize it as being someone from moonspear, but it smelled way to familiar for him not to pick up on. it reminded him of something weird-- and of mom-- and he was way too injured to be thinking this hard about it. but then, he saw her, and everything made so much sense. 

he stared, jaw parted completely in awe. and where she tried to keep her enthusiasm to a minimum, terance could hardly even begin to relax. his tail-- though it hurt his underside-- beat heavily against the ground, his butt glued to where it sat though it begged to lunge forward. wraen made a smooth comment about him and all his sleeping-- yeah thanks-- to which terance merely let out a soft growl to. "wraen!" he finally managed out, "you're here! you're right here! you said you-- why did you leave? is mom-- dad? you're here!" he could hardly keep his words in order, but it didn't even bother him, his own sister was at his side, and he couldn't believe it.

terance didn't even think twice about her next comment. "lyra," rolled right off of his tongue so easily he didn't even realize that he'd said it until he did. embarrassed, his brow furrowed, "i mean, she didn't kiss me, it's more herbs and... she's a good with that stuff." whoops. he shook his head, moving on...

"wraen... i can't believe you're here."
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"She is some princess, I have to admit," Wraen continued joking and then moved to be closer to Terance, leaning down so that she could plant a kiss on his forehead. "Don't overwork yourself - I don't want to be banished on account of you... well... falling asleep again," with that said, the young wolf lied down. 

"Mom and dad's okay, so are the siblings - Sarah included," she gave him a very quick update on things, but would tell everything and anything in detail - should he decide to find out more. "Well, can't leave all of the fun to you, can I?" she grinned. "And I see that without us you get in all sorts of trouble. Have you forgotten about "never tickle a sleeping dragon" rule?"
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance didn't know how to properly respond to wraen without digging himself in a whole with either girl-- so he just scrunched his nose and let the conversation move on. it did, thankfully. she also moved closer, leaving him to relax his strain and return a few kissing to her own head. while wraen laid down, terance remained sitting, feeling accomplished and mostly comfortable in his current situation-- besides, he enjoyed showing off his newly relearned talents.

wraen explained how his parents were okay, but his ears pricked at the mentioned of sarah. "oh wraen... sarah and i..." he began, but trailed off rather quickly, realizing what she'd said. his ears flattened to his skull, eyes wide, "sarah's home? she's... okay?" he could hardly believe his ears, all this time of worrying... he should've known she'd be okay. he thought briefly about apologizing to hydra, but kinda figured that they were past that by now-- bear attack and all. speaking of...

"a bear-- i'm smart enough to know not to tickle a dragon," he corrected with a smirk, pausing mid sentence to hack out something lodged in his throat. somehow a bear sounded just as stupid, so he cleared his throat and added, "it stole a pup, and i vowed i'd protect this pack and those inside." he did just that, too. he might've been okay if it hadn't been for lyra, but somehow he tended to forget about that detail in the grand scheme of things. 

"i don't look it, but i'm one'a the best mercenaries in here," he added with a gentle puff of his chest. maybe not now, but beforehand he'd count himself at least on the same page as hydra.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"You worried about Sarah?" Wraen asked, sounding a little surprised, because, even though her sister had not been entirely at peace with the idea that she had lost Terance, she had never had a doubt that he would be fine. He was a survivor the same way she was and parents had taught them all there was to know about life in the wilds. "Have you forgotten what's she like? If there would be a zombie apocalypse right now, she would just tell those dead guys to f... bugger off and they would," she joked. 

"She returned few weeks after you left," she told, deciding to keep to herself the fact that she had not been alone and reasons, why the two sisters weren't on good terms anymore. It was a story for another day. "When I left, she took the leadership alongside dad, while mom takes care of the little ones. And they - they are fine too."

"That rule applied for bears too," Wraen added softly, though she also felt proud that her brother was a hero. A battered one, but great nonetheless. "Noble and brave knight Terance - I see that you are fulfilling your childhood aspirations very fast."
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance let out a soft whine, rolling his eyes. "aw, wraen," he muttered with a slow roll of his shoulders, "i'm s'posed to take care of you guys... and maybe sarah doesn't need it but it's still my job." his ears fell, gaze following right allong to his sisters feet. he took a few moments of silence, thinking, before shrugging again and smiling softly. "i'm glad she's safe." 

then, something hit him like a small truck. his nose scrunched and his brow furrowed, though a little bit of pride still swelled in his chest. "sarah is leading? are you kiddin' me? she's gonna drive that pack into the ground," he teased, a smile painted right onto his smooshed facial features. proud as ever at his sister, something in terance wondered what would've happened had he gone back home. food for thought. 

"hey, i survived-- all limbs in tact," he said, reassuring her if she had any sort of worries, "really, wraen, it's not that great, everyone else did the same thing-- i just kinda got punched by a bear." bear-punch. his tail tapped against the ground, head tilting slightly. "tell me about you, please, it's been so long. how are you?"
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Well, leader-in-training, but she is so good at bossing around at times that..." Wraen rolled her eyes. Of course, mom and dad were in charge, but Sarah had a potential and she was deemed worthy to try. "Huh - nah, she won't," she shook her head at Terance's idea that their sister would drive the pack in the ground. "Through ground and back again - that is more likely." The chance to discuss her close family members without having to give the long and elaborate background stories in order to understand the inside-jokes, was refreshing. 

"You and your luck. But - hey - I am not judging. Though good thing Sarah is not here to see you. She would definitely have something to say," she pointed out and chuckled. The former rivalry between the tougher siblings of the litter was no secret to her. She pondered, if she should tell Terance about the beaver-dam incident that had put both sisters in a rather embarrassing situation, but again decided that this was a story for another day. Or rather - not all secrets were meant to be spilled to others. 

"Well, I don't go punching bears around, but I am fine, I am fine," she told. "And - did I say, how glad I am to have found you? Mom and dad are sending greetings!"
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance snorted at wraen's comment, but nodded. "i'm sure she's doing great," he said with a smile, and he didn't doubt it. sarah was hard-headed and strong-willed, with proper training (and by their own dad?!) terance was positive that sarah would make a fantastic leader. maybe he and wraen could visit some day and see how she was doing.

"if sarah was here she'd be too jealous of my cool scar to even speak," terance commented boldly, though he honestly was not very fond of the scar. if it was small like his previous shoulder scar... he liked that one, but this one interrupted his side, he looked ridiculous with it. and his mouth, ugh, his poor mouth. then, scrunching his nose, terance corrected, "don't punch bears, bears punch me." he knew better, bears did not. he then smiled, a kind of sad one at the mention of his parents, but still a smile. "i wish i could see them," he said, tail flicking. terance was fine on his own, but he knew his parents age, it kind of sucked being so far away and without any real updates on them. his bit his cheek.

"yeah?" he then said, not as a question but with an indication of emphasis upon her travel here, "how was your travel? anything crazy happen? any cute boys?"
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"You forget that, while Sarah is tough as a boulder, she is still a lady. And - ladies - don't boast about scars. They have pretty faces to take care of," Wraen countered Terance's argument in a friendly way. "She won't admit it, of course, and will tell that she does not care, but still - deep down she likes her beautiful, scar-less face very much." The idea, however, of her sister admiring her reflection as Narzissus from the stories, was hilarous. It was totally unlike her. 

"But... yeah - maybe she would be a teeny-tiny bit jealous," she finished her banter. "Heh... yup, hundred broken hearts left behind," this time the laugh was half-hearted and for a moment she fell silent, as if struggling to suppress something that wanted to break free. But it was gone, she sighed and smiled. "Honestly - it was rather uneventful and very lonely. I met only two fellows on my way here, before I ran into Charon. He is a cool guy, don't you think?"
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance smiled, 'cause he knew that, but still. sarah didn't get into a fight with a bear. he merely shrugged in agreement with wraen before letting the conversation move forward-- enough about he and sarah, he just wanted to hear about wraen. 

"who were they?" terance asked, though he doubted he'd know them. and then charon, of course, which terance assumed was how wraen found him and the rest of moonspear. "meet the pack yet?" he then decided to ask. he'd grown to like most of the wolves here like his family, and he only assumed his sister would feel the same way-- especially since she was far more prone to liking wolves than his petty self was.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"It was a pretty lone wolf named Genie. I met her down South and she was out in the open just like me. Having left her birth pack and all. We talked, we hunted together and then our paths parted," Wraen told, briefly wondering, where was the she-wolf now and what would she be doing. 

"And then - you will like this - I met some sort of relative of ours. Eljay. He knew mom's brother Peregrine, which incidentally is his uncle and he filled in about the details of the branch of the family we don't know much about," all the cousins she had out in the wilds. By the fond way she spoke about the latter, it was clear, who of the two she favored. 

"We have a hell lot of cousins here and some of them still live in the caldera," she finished. "Do you think we should visit them sometime and make an acqaintance?"
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance was intrigued by the wolf named genie, glad that wraen had made some sort of acquaintance. he himself had made a handful of friends while out exploring-- kavos, maera, ivy... it wad fitting for wraen to do the same. he smiled when she told him that, his tail tapping against the ground. it slowed, however, when wraen mentioned something about a relative-- though he remained quiet until she mentioned something about visiting.

"i'd rather not," terance said with a sniff and a gentle, posh raise of his chin. his encounter with the rock cruncher had not been pleasant, and soured his opinion of peregrine's side of the family-- sorry mom. "that was the first place i tried to join-- i met another one of our cousins. i don't fancy meeting her again," he informed her-- and though terance had never gotten her name, he was pretty set in with this opinion. bad first impression-- he assumed the rest were the same. if anything, this was an indicator that even in the few months he'd been gone, terance had hardly changed.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"They can't all be that bad," Wraen countered, not possessing the same "black and white" outlook on the world as her brother did. "Eljay was very sweet and apart from some mean apples in the branch, he also mentioned quite a few that I would love to get to know to," and she would - eventually - though it would be quite difficult to establish a family bond, if most of the cousins had no idea that their father's side of the family was pretty extensive. 

"I mean, we are not perfect either," Wraen continued thoughtfully. "I want to find someone, who would have a good first impression of Sarah before knowing her better."
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
"well," terance said, still against the idea, "you like to get to know everyone." he and wraen were different, in that manner. though wraen was maybe the only wolf who could talk him into meeting wolves he really disliked, terance was stubborn enough that sometimes he'd get out of it. her sarah comment threw a wrench in his petty plans. he sniffed. "well, she would at least have the decency to talk back," he retorted, though his demeanor was still lighthearted. "that... i don't even know her name, she just chewed rocks and growled rudeness at me," he said with a pout. and maybe e she wasn't chewing on rocks... but man did it sound like it.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
At Terance's description of the caldera inhabitant he had come accross with, Wraen burst out laughing. "Come on, Ter," she said between chuckles. "Did you really get offended by a psycho?" Being rude was one thing, but if the person was chewing rocks at the same time, it sure was a sign that there was something wrong with the person's head. 

"Though... this does sound like a good plan, if I ever decide to go for any of the defending positions. If a the rock-gobbling profanity beast threw you off, imagine, what would it do to the rest?" she mused out loud. "A-a-a-and that is settled, I will start chewing rocks the first thing tomorrow. Maybe you can do me a favour and remember all the nasty vocabulary you have got," she said with a mischievous glint in her eyes.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance rolled his eyes-- leave it to wraen to have him thinking about going back on his opinions of others. but nah, whoever that garbage-ass wolf was terance was pretty content on disliking. whatever. 

"okay well, i didn't see her eat any rocks, but... every time she spoke she sounded like this--" terance proceeded to make a few graceful hacking noises "-- and that's just weird." 

wraen's next statement brought a broad smile to his face. he almost laughed at the thought of wraen monchin' on some rocks as she patrolled the borders, sending a cougar straight back down the mountains-- but he was afraid too much laughter would hurt his stitches, so he held himself back. his nose scrunched with amusement when wraen mentioned his 'nasty vocabulary'. it wasn't that bad, but he supposed all those months back he used the words much more freely and with more fervor-- they were bad words, after all. 

"i got all those bad-boys locked and loaded, don't you worry." 
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Still sounds crazy to me," Wraen remarked, thinking, whether she would be able to imitate the guttural slash screeching sounds that came from Terance and deciding that, even though she was not even planning on eating rocks for real... well. it would be interesting to try and see. 

"Hey, so - enough about me and my ventures - what about you?" Wraen asked. "How did you get here, what have you done so far and... which head of the Cerberus you find the prettiest?"
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance snorted, shifting his position. "don't be silly, wraen," he replied, pouting his lip out, "i fight bears every day, that's all i do." he waited for her reaction, and then rolled his eyes. "fine, fine..." he muttered shifting again. 

"i made it to the caldera... first-- 'cause mom said peregrine was there and would let me in.. but get this, dude's dead?" he said with a gentle raise of his eyebrow, "that's where i met that rock eater-- and i decided i didn't want to stay and meet the rest of the fam. i took off to moonspear, met charon, and i've been climbing the ladder ever since." well, climbing the ladder was, perhaps, an over exaggeration. terance was stuck in the lower-middle tier thanks to family hierarchy's and  this god damn injury but... truth be told, he didn't care all that much. why? the redleaf-disarrino boy smiled. 

"i really like pack-life, wraen. it's like, i dunno, it doesn't matter what's going on-- i always feel at home here."
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen noticed that Terance had either not got her triplet joke or had decided to ignore it. Oh well - she was not going to push them, but would definitely return to the subject later. There had not been much girls to choose from in their pack (sisters and mom did not count) and she wondered, whether he ever had got that special up-in-the-air feeling around some members of the opposite sex as she had.

"Well, I feel like home, because you are here," she told him and rubbed her forehead against the soft fur of his neck gently. "I hope that never changes."

ooc: I will finish it here and we can have a new thread.