Moonspear haven't learned my lesson
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
for @Ayla, but @Lyra is still welcome. (: see last post for specific terance injury details 

the stone was looking more and more like so every day-- if it wasn't for the giant gash along his side. at least now he was moving a little bit more and was much better at communicating. but maybe that wasn't all that great for everyone else, since he was sort of dispensing a lot of sass once again... oh well, can't have it all.

though he wasn't really aware of what had been happening the past few weeks, terance knew that he definitely enjoyed being around lyra every day. even if he was sort of out of it, he really enjoyed her company. it almost made up for all those nights of stargazing they almost but then didn't have together-- if he wasn't so badly injured, that is. but! oh shoot, that was perfect. he was feeling better, he seriously was, and he could prove it! he was going to invite her to a night of stargazing. great thinking, romeo.
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Although thoughts of Terance as she knew him were idle and fleeting, Alya still often daydreamed about boys - any and all. And it was only natural that the one closest and most available to her was often featured in her thoughts - just not as Terance. The dark-furred, green-eyed boy in her fantasies was nothing like the one in waking life. They might share the same face and build, but that was about all they had in common.

So Alya never had a problem looking Terance in the eye, even after his alter ego had featured heavily in her mind that night. Looking at him never made her think lewd thoughts or feel flutters in her chest - at least, it hadn't... But now, when she looked at him, she saw him tall and masculine, facing down a bear to protect her and her family. Now, when she thought of him, she thought of him, and that was something new all together.

Alya wandered toward where he'd been resting these days, wanting to set eyes on him once more. He was rarely very aware when she visited, but that was better for her purposes, anyway. It was fun to pretend she was in a fairy tale, waiting for her True Love to recover - weeping at his sickbed had been especially moving - but no matter how many ways she found to pretend, it was still unnerving to see a boy she'd come to call a friend in such a bad way.

He was still handsome, though. Alya was uncomfortably aware that she was racking up quite an impressive number of crushes, but somehow, this never stopped her from visiting her friend and pretending they'd make out or something when he woke up.

"Hi Terance," she said as she drew near, noticing that he seemed rather more alert than the last time she'd been by. "How are you?"
i can't help but be my own god
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
it took a few moments of sitting-- but lyra had impeccable timing as always. this time, he noticed, she wasn't holding her usual bundle of flowers or snacks. terance was mildly disappointed, since he realized now that he was sort of hungry, but he wouldn't complain, lyra had done a lot for him thus far. he shrugged, cool as ever, tongue swiping over the corner of his mouth. "'m fine," he said, like he usually did. it was hard to say great when you've got a giant gash through the side of him, but he couldn't complain either. 

he shifted, very slowly to avoid agitation, and giving lyra enough time to settle in like she usually did-- and he didn't think that she wouldn't. his gaze rested back on her when he decided he was as comfortable as he was gonna get, then he spoke again. "i could pro'ly take down a whole herd of bears if i wanted to," he said, voice still sort of groggy. and, with a toothy grin, added "thanks to you." not for one second did terance think that this could be anyone besides lyra, and he had a strong track record for mistaking ayla for her more earthy sister.
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya's eyes went wide as saucers at the reminder of his bravery against the bear. He was so rugged and handsome and strong... and much less drooly than he'd been the first few times she's visited.

"Oh, Terance," said Alya - because that seemed like the sort of thing the damsel in distress would say. She fluttered her lashes at him. "You were so brave against that bear. Thank you for saving my sisters."

Okay, so - Alya really thought that Hydra and her mother had done the most against the bear, and it'd really killed itself, at the end of the day... but what was the fun in that? She'd already paid homage to Hydra, and defending the pack against bears was just another day in her mother's life. But Terance was a boy, and Alya was going to damn well enjoy this!

... Even if he still didn't know who she was. "I'm Alya, Terance," she reminded him. He thought they were all Lyra, lately.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
this weird, gooey apologize that ayla was spewing out felt oddly weird. like, terance hadn't expected it to come from lyra-- likely why it wasn't coming from lyra. he also felt like if lyra had thanked him, she would've done it by now, but terance could hardly remember breakfast from yesterday-- so he wasn't surprised he couldn't quite recall if she had or hadn't already. he shook his head. "i did the same thing everyone else had," he replied genuinely. i mean, sure, it was kinda cool to get such a sweet and butterfly-eyed letter of gratitude from lyra, and he was proud to serve moonspear, but the only difference between his and hydra's fight-- was that he got distracted and completely and utterly rekt. 

hardly a hero, if you'd ask me.

then, she said something that made a whole lot more sense. "oh," he murmured, taking a minute to stare deadpan at the ground and recollect his surroundings. "sorry," he added with a small smile, "lyra's jus' usually here with those flowers and snacks." he was still kinda missing out on the snack part right now, but at least now there was still hope that lyra would walk through the mouth of the den with a rabbit or two in her jaws. yum.

"but uh-- i haven't seen you in a hot minute," he recovered with great grace, wiping that zombie look off of his face to focus back on her, "how're you?" 
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
"That's true," Alya agreed, a sheepish smile flashing across her face. "Mom and Hy probably saved your life," she added, always the candid one. Thinking about this put a bit of a damper on her admiration of the young man, but even if it hadn't, the tidbit about Lyra swept it all away.

Of course, Alya knew that Lyra did these things. There was very little that Alya didn't know about Lyra's various activities - but she had not known that Terance made that face when he said Lyra's name.

"You really like hanging out with Lyra, huh?" said Alya, pouncing on this new (and quite possibly imagined) development.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance had no doubt in his mind that they did-- but felt no real reason to respond to it. instead, he nodded firmly, in obvious agreement, and moved on. unfortunately, ayla appeared to have no time for his question and instead asked one of her own-- one that terance previous had no plans of discussing. 

he stared, rather unsure of what to say to lyra's own sister, not sure if he'd really made sense of all of his feelings either. eventually he shrugged-- not fully thinking about the whole cerberus and all of their secret telling. "we both like stargazing," he said, noting their ambition of the same trade, "and she's been in here a lot taking care of me." he kind of left it at that, not sure how much ayla really needed to know-- not really sure what else to say. yeah duh he liked hanging out with lyra, but it was like one of his own secrets-- and maybe if only he and lyra knew about it then no one else would ask, and he wouldn't have to share them.

that plan was going swimmingly right now.
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
"Yeah," said Alya, having accidentally tuned out Terance's response as she reflected on her own feelings. Why didn't Cypress come to see her? Perhaps she needed to go and seek him out? And what about the devastatingly handsome Nikai? Would he ever come? Would she be able to find him, if she set out to do so?

"Have you ever been in love with two boys at once?" asked Alya, hinting mightly that she had something she wanted to talk about - Herself. Even her phrasing left no doubt of her egocentric nature.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance stared, taken aback by what she had said. still somewhat out of it, the question almost zoomed past him as completely normal, but he caught it in time to think of a more normal answer. two boys? was his first concern. did she think he was... gay? what gave off those vibes? terance supposed he'd never really put any thought into it, but he'd always been pretty set on that punanny. whatever, as long as he knew that. 

he let it slide, assuming she was having some struggles of her own. "i don't think i've ever been in love," he told her with a shrug. whatever he felt with lyra was wildly confusing, but he was positive it wasn't love. that was a thing that came way later in life-- he assumed.
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya gave an absent hum of agreement at Terance's (completely ignored) response as she thought about how very tragic her life was. So many boys, but all of them either absent or... Terance.

The dark girl turned a somewhat pitying gaze on the male. What a fickle life he must lead, compared to the grand, romantic journey Alya herself was on.

"I'll tell Lyra you were looking for her," Alya offered (despite having been told no such thing), trotting away without another thought. He was not paying her the right kind of attention (and she was not paying him any attention at all), and Alya boys to moon over.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
ayla's ignoring of his response-- to a question that she asked-- was sort of agitating. terance shoved it to the back of his mind, but he'd likely be salty with the fae for a few interactions to come. who does that? start a conversation and then completely change pace... she'd done it a few times, but he'd chosen only to take this one to heart. it felt more... serious.

then she spoke. and terance, though fully conscious, was still grazing along the side of slow-- healing both physically and mentally. so her comment was made, and she turned tail right away. it took him a few seconds to go "wait!!--" don't tell lyra... but she was already gone. damn. 

deciding that was one of his worst interactions with any of the wolves in the pack, terance huddled himself together and made a pouty face, running the conversation over in his mind a few times.

his most important notes were alya's assumption of his sexuality, and that his affections for lyra were perhaps a bit too transparent. hm.

good thread! lmao