Northstar Vale click clack
we are all dust and shadows.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
All Welcome 
maybe @Chusi?

It was in the middle of the night when Genie woke up. She blinked her eyes, glowing amber orbs scanning her surroundings with a lazy sort of ease before she stretched and yawned. She couldn't quite recall when exactly she'd fallen asleep — was it late afternoon or midday? She wasn't sure why she'd fallen asleep so early either, but she wasn't complaining, not as she tilted her chocolate crown and scanned the heavens with her honey-like gaze. The sky was clear tonight, little silver lights dotting the stark inky blackness. The stars flashed, some bright, some dim, some large, some small. All different.

It was beautiful, the girl thought absentmindedly as she drew herself up and began to make her way quietly through the territory of Northstar Vale, her paws leading her silently without thought to the edge of the river. There, she paused and stared into the water, at her reflection shimmering and shivering on the transparent liquid with all the innumerable silvers of stars flickering all around her. It was only at these moments where the world was quiet to her ears and she was alone without fearing the scrutiny of her packmates that she allowed her thoughts to leave the prisons in her mind and roam freely.

Predominantly, those thoughts consisted of her old life, her old love. Genie's expression was cool and emptied, seemingly quiet, but her eyes flicker with emotions every once in a while, too dark and sudden and fiery to linger. There is a tiredness in her face that she doesn't quite let others see and as she hung her head, she let out a breath through gritted teeth, suddenly overwhelmed.
If you feel like you’re going to crash then accelerate more, you idiot
No matter how thorny the road is, run

I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Gonna say this takes place after she meets Mattias if that's okay with you :) That's July 31th and then that night that brings them into August 1st

Rannoch, Genie and the very Vale deserved Chusi's best. They were kinda her saviors right now, and she couldn't let them down by not hunting for two. She had stayed up a lot after midnight, smacking fish after fish out of the water. She'd been at it for most of the day too, exhausting her scooping paw as her thoughts wandered to Teaghlaigh - over the mountains, through the bushes and back to her siblings. Her mother's cuddles, her father's voice filled with whiskey and pleasantness. A small pile of fish had settled next to her, even as she lay there in a weird position, ocher eyes closed and a slight snore coming from her opened mouth. Her scooping paw was still in the water as it gently pulled it from side to side every now and then.

She couldn't ignore the dream she had; or rather, a vision of some sort. Stumbling into the dark woods of the Blackfeather Fuckers without a care as the shadows of others appeared and disappeared from behind the trees. A nightmare, and she had to wake up. Her back legs begun moving in real life as she ran in her dream, shoving her form dangerously close to the water. Gotta get out, gotta get out, gotta get out.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
yeah, that's fine! thanks for joining! :)

Images swam through the sprite's mind. Images of her brother and herself when they were young and alone and playing, images of Harley when she first arrived, images of Isak sneaking Harley into her den and Harley begging her to patch her up before morning came, to cover up for the two's escapades. Images of Genie being jealous, thinking the two had a relationship, images of Harley smiling at her, images of-images of- The girl inhales sharply and shook her head, trying to clear her mind of these thoughts. This was supposed to be a fresh start after all, not a place to dwell in stupid memories.

Too lost in her thoughts, Genie did not notice Chusi's presence even though the girl was but a few meters away from herself. Suddenly, the chocolate wraith's ears swivelled and she started - someone was here, or something. Amber eyes flashed dangerously in the darkness as she scanned her surroundings, fear gripping her heart. This was pack lands, and only idiots would be brave enough to venture here but Genie couldn't help it - she had her fair share of psychopaths in her life to force her to be on edge.

Thankfully, her gaze landed on a familiar figure. Chusi. Why was her paw in the water? And, wait, was she sleeping? Was she-fuck, this wasn't good. Genie scrambled over, nearly stumbling over her own paws in her haste to get closer to the older girl. She knew of the dangers that could happen and there was no way she was, just, no way, no. "Hey, hey, hey, Chusi, Chus-" the words spilled from her lips urgently, almost falling over each other in their haste to escape from Genie's tongue. She stumbled into the water, ignoring the shiver that ran immediately down her spine and tried to push Chusi safely back onto the land from the other side, away from the river's cold, watery hands. "Wake up. It's just a dream, it's-it's okay, okay?"

And perhaps Genie was overreacting, or being dramatic because maybe this situation wasn't as bad as she'd made it out to be but she had experience with sleepwalking and it was the fear in her heart that drove her forward in her frantic movements, her eyes wide, bright and scared.

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
The shadows were closer now, fluttering by to scare her and rustling the dead leafs on the ground. Chusi became a bit dizzy as she twisted her body in the direction of the sound, spinning and spinning and spinning. A peep of fright left her throat, even as a familiar voice called. Chusi, Chus-. It was Ingram. His dark form rushed through the bushes seeming like claws, pushing her from the jaws of the wolves who lived there. His yellow eyes lit up the night and he panted. No, it wasn't panting. It was more like a rush of something, like water or rain or... The river.

Wake up. He wanted her to wake up? from what? Ingram - I, ya..- Her eyes fluttered open to see the Vale lit up by the moon's graceful beams, the reflection of the stars dancing on the river's waves. Then there was the realization rushing over her, hitting her like the smacking sea, raging under a summer storm. Ingram wasn't here. Genie was the one who had, perhaps unknowingly, saved her from the dark woods that only existed within her mind.

She shook her head, eyes taking in where she truly was now and the gentle line between dreams and reality started strengthening. Genie! I'm sorry, now ya're all wet 'n ya gonna get a cold 'n... A flashback to their first meeting was all she got to know what she had to do and a warm blush settled over her midnight tainted cheeks that had gotten rather cold in her slumber. She smiled then. Want a fish 'r two?
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
Ingram? Even in her panicked state, she couldn't help the curiousity that flashed through her, igniting the simple name that had slipped from her friend's lips and burning it white hot in the back of her darkened mind. That thought was shoved quickly to the side, however, when Genie grunted, pushing her entire weight against the girl in an attempt to get her to safety, and to get her to wake up.

Chusi's gaze fluttered open and Genie, eyes wide, sagged against her friend's figure. The effort of pushing her to the shore coupled with the sheer panic was beginning to catch up with her as the adrenaline faded from her veins. It was only then did she realise her lower body was soaking wet and freezing - a shiver ran through her and she exhaled sharply, pulling herself onto the shore. Genie collapsed beside Chusi, a heaving mess of dark fur and bright eyes.

"Hey, are you alright? Do you need anything? Are you hurt? " was the first thing Genie said once her breath returned and her heartbeat began to slow. In her previous state, the medic had failed to hear Chusi's words of concern, or the part about fish, and therefore was still staring urgently at the yearling, wondering if she was okay. She didn't even notice the blush settling across the older girl's cheeks.

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Her concerns were ignored, her question denied by the failing form of Genie. She didn't even care about being cheeky anymore. She cared about her friend - her sprite. How such a small girl had pushed her back was just a sign that there was more to Genie than anyone would've thought. If it were allowed, Chusi pressed her body over that of her girl-friend protectively, wanting to shield her from the night's bitter cold. This was the second time Genie had become wet near her, and frankly, Chusi wanted that habit to die before winter. They had to pick out better spots to meet.

I'm okay, I'm okay - I'm more worried 'bout ya right now... She was such a fragile thing after all; a cold could blow her off for quite some time. Or, perhaps because she was so tiny, it would pass by quicker. Chusi was no doctor, but fending off the cold, even in summer, had been learned throughout her short yet eventful life. What... What happened?

All she remembered was the woods, Ingram's amazingly yellow eyes and then opening her real eyes to find a wet Genie all worried about her. The river was there, her fish she remembered, but had she been in danger? How?
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
Chusi reassured her that she was fine, and that she was more worried about Genie right now. For some strange, unknown reason, those words amused her greatly and the shadow of a lopsided smile graced her face. "Sorry," she said instead, allowing her friend to press her body against her own. "I just get...kind of anxious or worried when people sleepwalk, I guess. It's a habit."

Chusi did not seem to remember what happened and Genie, after glancing at her friend briefly, closed her eyes. Exhaustion overwhelmed her body and she sighed. "You were having a dream. A nightmare, I guess. And you were kind of sleepwalking? I mean, like, you were moving in your sleep," her eyelids slid open and she spared her friend a glance. "You fell asleep too close to the river, so when you moved, you nearly fell in."

Genie shook her head impatiently, an embarrassed flush crawling up her neck. It hadn't really been that bad, but these things scared her. "Sorry. It really wasn't that bad, but, it's a habit of mine, I guess. Worrying about sleepwalkers, I mean." God. She really need to shut her damn mouth. "Fuck," she mumbled, unconsciously angling her body away from her friend's. Man, she was fucked up.

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
The song for their ship :p

Sleepwalking... She couldn't recall a time that she had done that. Perhaps it was being away from her family, or her fluttering thoughts always returning to that one charcoal boy who had held her golden heart in his paws just to leave it on the coast. She'd trade nearly anything to talk this out with him now they were both young adults. Surely they could come out stronger and wiser. There had to be some kind of way to spiritually call out to him, summon him to the Teekon, back to her. He could just as well be dead. A horrid thought, she found, but it did put an end to their chapter.

Oh... She let out, disappointed in herself. She should've known better than to fish for so long. Exhausting herself was not exactly a safe way of hunting, not to mention that her scooping paw hurt more than the others now. The nightmare had felt so real too, and that more than anything had drained her even more. Though, it did give her an idea; what if Ingram had joined the Blackfeather Wolves? Could she ever trust him again if that were the case?

Her brows arched into a sympathetic look, stroking some of Genie's fur with her muzzle to comfort her. 'Was nevah allowed ta use that word... She told with a smile. Really, Genie, it's okay. 'M thankful to have a friend like ya... And she really was. So much so, that she wanted to throw the sprite over her shoulder and carry her back to Teaghlaigh. Dad would gladly accept her in, for a friend of Chusi was a friend of Teaghlaigh. but her home was here now, and Rannoch probably wouldn't appreciate Chusi "stealing" one of his members.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
<3

Chusi stroked her fur and all of a sudden, the girl felt a strange mixture of nostalgia and amusement. The gesture reminded her of her ex girlfriend, but almost in a good way which, in a way, was strange because lately, any thought or mention of her had brought either anger, sorrow or bitterness to the chocolate girl. This was a new development. "Sorry," Genie murmured sheepishly, "it kinda just slipped out." She swore so often in her head that sometimes she forgot it was inappropriate to actually say it out loud.

A flush darkened Genie's cheeks at Chusi's words, embarrassment washing over her like a waterfall. She was very unused to words like that and often felt very out of place whenever someone said that to her. "Um, yeah, it's fine, really," wolfish brows knitted into a frown as she opened her mouth, then closed it again, somehow tongue-tied. "I'm used to it," she ended up saying, lifting one shoulder in a shrug even as a shiver racked through her body and she sucked in a sharp breath. "Used to watching out for sleepwalkers."

Sleepwalkers had a strange place in the medic's life.

"So, who's this Ingram?" 

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
A soft, short giggle left her maw even before she could think about it. She remembered when she had learned of the word, though only one had really explained it to her. Ingram had been really into this "fucking" or something, for he had known a lot more than her. Sure, now she knew it was used to make new generations of wolves, but she had been such a small girl back then... Dun't worry, only mah dad minds. Arturo really hadn't been happy with her learning the word, even though she had gotten it from him.

'Wonder if there're more sleepwalkers where I live. She couldn't recall her father ever doing it, nor Lotte. Perhaps one of her new siblings had waddled away in their sleep, but they'd probably get over it, right? Perhaps that was what happened to Kahlil... Swallowed up by the night and led elsewhere, or perhaps even killed by nature. She wouldn't recognize him again either, he had been so tiny when he had gone missing.

She didn't have much time to think about her lost brother, for a question was asked that brought an even redder blush to her cheeks than before. Just a guy... I met a long time 'go. He's just a dickhead... She answered, taking Mattias' words to heart. He was not worthy of her love and it was good he disappeared, no matter how her heart longed to see him just one more time.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
The corner of Genie's lips quirked upwards almost subconsciously at Chusi's giggle. It was a cute sound. Dad. A memory of her own father drifted into her mind and suddenly, there was a sharp pang of pain in her chest - she had loved her father, still loved him but a part of her resented him now. Resented him for not accepting her for who she was, for causing Harley to break up with her, for ruining her relationship and a part of her life. God, she really loathed him for that. And her mother as well. 

Weren't parents supposed to love you unconditionally and regardless of who you were?

A dickhead guy, huh? Genie nodded, her expression grim. She had noticed the blush tainting Chusi's cheeks but decided not to mention it, she knew what it was like to have someone point out your embarrassment. She also knew the feeling of liking a dickhead. "I know that feeling," she said, smiling wryly. Her eyes had taken on an absentminded look as she delved into older memories. "There was a girl, the sleepwalker. She was a jerk." A jerk she loved very much then, and still did.

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Her real parents, she couldn't remember. Just a frightful experience with a supposed monster, then being taken away by an even worse creature. Arturo, while a good dad, didn't feel like the kind of wolf to accept her interest. Like he was trying to decide her life, deciding who she must like and who she absolutely mustn't like. Why she loved to travel? It gave her a break from her responsibilities and the controlling aspects of living with an adopted family. Her passion stemmed from a desire to escape, though she did not realize it yet, for how could she escape her family?

Ingram... He wasn't just a jerk. She said, sighing as she pressed her head harder against her friend. He - he had somethung 'bout him. Somethung other than hate and meanness, like he was wearin' a mask. Mattias hadn't gotten this version of her failed love story that haunted her to this day. He wouldn't have understood. Chusi had the feeling Genie could and would understand. He was just warmin' up to meh, when one day... He just disappeared. 'Nevah saw him 'gain. She looked the other way, her tone rather low and different from her usually cheerful one. His love would kill her, she was pretty sure, but until that day she'd simply try to get over that pesky boy.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
Genie had always preferred listening over talking so when Chusi began telling her story, the younger of the two opened her eyes, listening intently and quietly. Ingram was Chusi's first love, it appeared, or at least, her first interest in someone. He had been a boy with a mask, a facade and just when his walls finally began to crumble, he vanished and was never to be seen again. "You were beginning to see how he really was like," Genie murmured softly, "and he just vanished. Now, you'll never know what could've happened." There was sympathy in the girl's amber eyes. It hurt, having someone you cared about leave suddenly. It left you wondering what could have been and sometimes, that was worse than a heartbreak.

Genie shifted, aiming to give Chusi a comforting nudge to her cheek if allowed to do so. "Well, I had a girlfriend, the sleepwalker...her name was Harley," her wolfish brows knitted into a frown as the words caught in the back of her throat. She hadn't told anyone about her ex since arriving in Teekon Wilds and yet, here she was, sharing her story with a wolf she considered a friend, but had technically only just met. She didn't even know of Chusi accepted same-sex attraction, but Genie suddenly realised that she didn't care. She was tired of being constantly judged by others. This time, she was going to live life by her own rules and no one else's. "Her name's Harley," the words were stronger now and like Chusi, Genie glanced away, her tone soft and nearly inaudible. "We took her in, my family and I, when she was a kid abandoned on our borders. I guess she was just always afraid of losing her place in the pack because she felt like she had been taken in out of pity and was disposable. She always worked extra hard to prove her worth to my parents.... and I guess I should've expected it..." her voice broke but she sucked in a breath and continued on doggedly.

"But she was just so....bright. She was a warrior - all reckless spirit, nerve and bravery...and I guess I liked that and she liked me and for a while, we were good. We were great." But good things always come to an end. "It was a secret relationship because she didn't want others to find out...and at that time, I was fine with it because I loved her and she loved me and that was all that mattered." The words burned in the back of her throat but she forced them out, into the open, one by one. It felt good, she suddenly realised, but it hurt all the same. "That was all that was supposed to matter, you know, but my parents didn't think that way when they found out." A breath hissed sharply through gritted teeth as all of a sudden, tears gathered in the girl's amber eyes, clouding her vision. Angrily, she blinked them away but her eyes remained steadily glassy. "I guess Harley just wasn't brave enough when it really mattered," Genie muttered. 

But there was a point to this story. She wasn't just sprouting out her sad love story for the sake of it. Even the mere thought of Harley pained her, so if she was willingly sharing this story, there had to be a really important reason. "The point is, maybe it was all for the better. You and Ingram. Maybe, you guys would never have worked out and everything would've ended in flames, like mine did." She licked her lips, still looking away. "Maybe, if there's a higher deity above, they're sparing you from going through what I went through. Maybe, you're better off with him just in your memories and not in your present." Those were just words, however, and if Chusi wanted to get over Ingram, she would have to do it herself. Genie had no real idea how to do it. She couldn't even get over her own ex, how was she qualified to give others advice? "There are so many wolves out here in the world. You'll find someone better, one day, I promise."

But promises meant nothing. Genie had no faith that she, herself would find someone better so how could she guarantee that Chusi would?

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She wondered what would've happened if he had joined Teaghlaigh; him, winning Arturo's trust and becoming her mate whenever they were old enough. Him, ruling at her side whenever Arturo had passed away. Him, and her, together making the new generations of Teaghlaigh. Them, passing away and their children taking their place. But that was a rather standard fate, now wasn't it? Nothing for her, now she thought about it. She was an adventurer, being stuck like that would probably do more bad than good. Her past had been jumbled and rather incomprehensible, and she wished for her future to be like that too. But, who was to say she could not have gotten that with Ingram still around? Genie repeating it at least proved she understood - had listened - and even though Ingram had not been her first, he had been much better company than her very first crush.

Instead of just a nudge, Chusi pressed her own muzzle against that of hers, resulting in a small cuddle that did much more than a poke to the beak. Arturo always nudged her too, not knowing that that kind of affection did nothing for her. Now it was her time to listen, something she did with as much pleasure as she did talking herself. She hadn't thought about Genie's interests when it came to romance, but apparently she wasn't as boy-crazy as Chusi. While she knew no one with interest in the same sex (at least, not from the top of her head) she didn't care much. Genie was a friend now, a good one, and it wasn't her business to find out what she was doing in her den and with whom.

She frowned then. It seemed this Harley girl and her had quite some things in common. Was that why it had clicked so easily? Why Genie had been a ball of nerves stuttering about when they first met? Seems ta me yar parents coulda been more acceptin'. 'Guess a lotta biological parents are a shitty... She commented softly, not wanting her to feel like it was normal for her parents to disapprove of her relationship like that.

The point of the rather heartbreaking story was a grim one. A good one to keep in mind, but one that just made her wonder more. Mattias had thought the same, that all may had been for the better, but she couldn't keep him from popping up in her thoughts every now and again. That doesn't stop meh-... She trailed off, finding it no time to be stubborn right now. She didn't want to become the female equivalent of her father. She sighed, muscles relaxing. 'M sorry, Genie. 'M sorry ya had ta go through tha'. I'll... I'll try mah best ta make tha best of mah situation. She said at last, pressing her crown to her girl-friend's neck if she was allowed to do so.

We'll both find someone, promise. She said, after which a yawn escaped her.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
Chusi was, in a way, similar to Harley. But they were very different as well, and although Genie had initially been wary of the older girl, she'd soon discovered that Chus was in fact, not a Harley doppelganger. Although, if she had been, Genie was pretty sure she would have treated her the same way. She had a soft spot for wolves like her ex. "A lot of parents in general are shitty," Genie commented offhandedly. She had hoped for the best, of course, but as the colour drained from her parents' face and a frostiness entered their gaze, she had resigned herself to the fact that no, they were not accepting. It affected her, sure, but not as much as she'd expected. Harley's breakup was much worse. 

"I know," Genie replied in response to Chusi's half formed sentence, lifting a shoulder in a shrug. "It'll take time for him to even begin to fade from your mind, if that ever happens. But you'll get over it. You're strong." She really believed that and when she finally turned to look at Chusi, her eyes were still glassy but sincerity shone bright within the depths of her amber gaze. "And don't apologise. Honestly. It's not your fault at all, and it's fine to wallow in your own thoughts. I'm just...giving you some advice," a faded lopsided smile slipped onto her lips, "some shitty advice from a shitty relationship." 

Chusi's presence brought her a comfort that Genie was not used to, and to be honest, she had mixed feelings about it. She didn't shy away from her touch, however, instead, she allowed the older girl to do whatever she wanted. "Of course you will. You're fucking awesome." It was hard not to like the fiery girl, but Genie on the other hand?

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi snorted, vaguely recalling her monster mother. Her father? She had never even known him. What a shitty man he must have been. Tell meh 'bout it. She smirked then. She didn't mind joking about her biological parents, mainly because she was not emotionally attached to them. If she had spoken this way about Arturo, she would have thrown herself off of the Vale's highest cliff. She was allowed to doubt him, but offend his honour? Make him seem bad on other wolves' eyes? That was just asking for the Blackfeather Fuckers to come take a dump in her dinner.

She had wanted to seem strong in Genie's eyes, but her friend saw right through her. Not that Chusi was a locked book - hell, she'd open up after just a little bit of conversation. Everyone, she found, could read her just perfectly fine. At least she had that uncommon with her dad, since she had begun to be so much like him. It's not shatty advice. She chuckled. If anything, this would help her. Maybe she'd even delve into exploring Mattias. Hell, he was the second person on her trip that she'd slept with.

But why did such a thought make her feel bad? Guilty? She had no significant other, no ying to her yang - why should she feel bad about thinking that just maybe the giant deserved her undying love? He was no bad guy either. Sure, he was a bit awkward and not near as showy as she was, but opposites attracted. Did they though? 'n Ya're pritty darn spectaculair.She commented. It was only then that she remembered the possibly freezing toes of her friend which sent her mind aflutter. Ah, shoot, wanna go somewhere a wee bit more covered? Suggestive or worried? Hell if she knew.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
Genie wasn't quite sure how she felt about her parents anymore. There was still love there, she thought, but most of it had been overshadowed by bitterness and resentment. A small part of her regretted leaving the pack on bad terms with them because the likelihood of her ever seeing her parents again was second to none. Still, there was no way she would ever be on good terms with her father and mother unless she renounced who she was and if there was one thing Genie would never do, it is to turn on oneself. She would never pretend to be someone who she wasn't just for someone's stupid approval even if that someone happened to be the two wolves who'd created her. She was her own person now, not their creation.

A soft smile touched Genie's lips but she didn't say anything. She wasn't much of a talker, after all but she appreciated Chusi's comment nonetheless, even if she did not agree with it. Spectacular was far from what she was, but perhaps it was something she could strive to be. 

"Yeah," Genie's brows drew into a frown as she slowly rose, a wince distorting her features as the cold finally registered with her brain. "Ah, fuck," she mumbled. The thought of Chusi's words being suggestive had never even occured to her - she had thought the other girl to be as straight as straights went and although felt an interest towards her (to be fair, she felt an interest towards any pretty and charming wolves she saw), she never outwardly pursued it. And anyways, she would rather be the one pursued than be the pursuer.

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Though they had only just met, Chusi really found that Genie was her best friend. Sure, at home she had family and wolves she recognized, but none came close to how she felt around her sprite. She loved her in a way she couldn't describe, and though thoughts of a romantic relationship had not floated into her brain, she really believed they had something special. She was more than the butterfly could have ever dreamed of, and it became harder and harder to think of returning to her adventure and then go back "home"... Was it possible to have two homes?

Chusi rose with her, eyes already scanning for a more covered place they could spend the rest of the night at. The best she could find was a soft bush that seemed to have been used before, seeing there was a sizable dent in the side. Enough for two wolves, that was for sure. There. She said, motioning to it with her muzzle. She pressed close to the sprite, wanting to block as much wind as her body was able to.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
Truth to be told, having friends wasn't something Genie was particularly used to. Back in her natal pack, she had her brother, sure, and her parents, but truthfully, Harley was her only real friend at that time and soon, even that became another relationship. Genie had found, however, that even though her time at Teekon Wilds was brief, she already thought of several wolves as her friends, notably Remi, Chusi and maybe even Rannoch. It wasn't much, but it was more than she'd ever had in her life.

Of course, if the opportunity to become more than friends ever came up, Genie would gladly take it. But if there wasn't then Genie was perfectly content to keep their relationship platonic....this applied to all her current friends. Except, well, Rannoch. It wasn't that the Alpha wasn't attractive, but he just wasn't her type.

When Chusi first pressed close to Genie's body, the sprite had stiffened noticably. A moment later, she relaxed into the older girl's hold. Right now, she barely had enough energy to propel herself forwards towards the bush; there was no point wasting it to tense her muscles because of physical contact. And anyway, it wasn't even unwanted physical contact. "Thanks, Chus," Genie mumbled as she collapsed by the bush. A part of her wanted to harden her heart against the older girl because she knew that Chusi couldn't stay forever. This was a mere point in her journey - a place for her to recover her strength before she left and potentially never came back. There was no use in forging bonds when they would inevitably break. Still, Genie found that she couldn't push Chusi away, not yet.

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She tried to help Genie walk over there, not wanting her to fall over. The ground, though it had warmed up in the day, was now as cold as ice. Well, maybe not ice, but cold nonetheless! Having Genie fall ill at the near end of her stay here was something she didn't want to imagine. She couldn't possibly leave her friend if she were to become ill to go on some dumb adventure. What if it was very serious? She didn't want her lust for adventure to come between Genie's last moments and her. She would never forgive herself.

When they were settled, Chusi cuddled close against her friend if she were allowed to do so. They had done so before, under only slightly different circumstances, but every time felt new. This place would've made a good den - perhaps it was already being used as such? If not... She'd make it her one for the remainder of her stay. She yawned. Are ya tired already? She asked with a nuzzle. Cuddles always made her feel sleepy.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
The smallest of smiles graced Genie's lips when Chusi moved closer to her and in response, the chooclate girl cuddled closer, inhaling the familiar smell of her friend's scent. It may just be their second time cuddling, but already the sprite was very much comfortable with this arrangement. Perhaps, it was because she was tired and cold and minor things like this did not place much weight in her currently muddled mind, but either ways this was nice. 

"Mhm," Genie murmured in response to Chusi's question, absentmindedly nosing the fur on her friend's nape. Her eyes had slid shut and she let out a contented noise as drowsiness swallowed her and lulled her into the realm of sleep. Still, she stayed awake, just in case Chusi wanted to talk some more. She didn't mind. After all, there was no specific time for her to wake up in the morning.

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
This "den" reminded her of her former den where she had slept together with her dad, back in the forest where trees bled and ravens called out whenever they spotted you. The forest where she had grown up, happy and care-free, learning how to lead and how to become the warrior she wished to be. The Vale felt like home now, more than their secluded place at the other side of the Tuktu mountains ever would. The thought of returning "home" there made her feel worse and worse every time.

Seeing that sleep numbed worries and pain, perhaps it was a bad thing to keep her friend up much longer. Her toes and legs just couldn't feel very nice right now, and they both had troubles. Then, goodnight Genie... She yawned herself, embracing their position and the heat that it provided for them both. This is what she'd miss most if she were to leave sooner or later...
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
It wasn't right. She shouldn't be cuddling with Chusi, or befriending her or just be with her in general because she was a temporary being, a traveller who probably thought of the Vale as nothing more than a resting place before her next stop. Genie had once been stupid enough to think she actually mattered to people, she was not stupid enough to make that mistake anymore. She knew that she had to harden her heart against the charming wanderer of a girl but she simply couldn't find it within herself to do so.

"Goodnight," she mumbled and snuggled closer, ignoring the warning bells in her head. It would be fine. When Chusi was off on her way, Genie was sure her feelings would vanish, just as her friend did. That was the way things were, the way she knew things to be and it was fine, of course it was fine. Genie screwed her eyes shut and sighed, allowing her heartbeat to slow and her breaths to linger as sleep swallowed her in its wandering realm.