Northstar Vale click clack
we are all dust and shadows.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
Genie had always preferred listening over talking so when Chusi began telling her story, the younger of the two opened her eyes, listening intently and quietly. Ingram was Chusi's first love, it appeared, or at least, her first interest in someone. He had been a boy with a mask, a facade and just when his walls finally began to crumble, he vanished and was never to be seen again. "You were beginning to see how he really was like," Genie murmured softly, "and he just vanished. Now, you'll never know what could've happened." There was sympathy in the girl's amber eyes. It hurt, having someone you cared about leave suddenly. It left you wondering what could have been and sometimes, that was worse than a heartbreak.

Genie shifted, aiming to give Chusi a comforting nudge to her cheek if allowed to do so. "Well, I had a girlfriend, the sleepwalker...her name was Harley," her wolfish brows knitted into a frown as the words caught in the back of her throat. She hadn't told anyone about her ex since arriving in Teekon Wilds and yet, here she was, sharing her story with a wolf she considered a friend, but had technically only just met. She didn't even know of Chusi accepted same-sex attraction, but Genie suddenly realised that she didn't care. She was tired of being constantly judged by others. This time, she was going to live life by her own rules and no one else's. "Her name's Harley," the words were stronger now and like Chusi, Genie glanced away, her tone soft and nearly inaudible. "We took her in, my family and I, when she was a kid abandoned on our borders. I guess she was just always afraid of losing her place in the pack because she felt like she had been taken in out of pity and was disposable. She always worked extra hard to prove her worth to my parents.... and I guess I should've expected it..." her voice broke but she sucked in a breath and continued on doggedly.

"But she was just so....bright. She was a warrior - all reckless spirit, nerve and bravery...and I guess I liked that and she liked me and for a while, we were good. We were great." But good things always come to an end. "It was a secret relationship because she didn't want others to find out...and at that time, I was fine with it because I loved her and she loved me and that was all that mattered." The words burned in the back of her throat but she forced them out, into the open, one by one. It felt good, she suddenly realised, but it hurt all the same. "That was all that was supposed to matter, you know, but my parents didn't think that way when they found out." A breath hissed sharply through gritted teeth as all of a sudden, tears gathered in the girl's amber eyes, clouding her vision. Angrily, she blinked them away but her eyes remained steadily glassy. "I guess Harley just wasn't brave enough when it really mattered," Genie muttered. 

But there was a point to this story. She wasn't just sprouting out her sad love story for the sake of it. Even the mere thought of Harley pained her, so if she was willingly sharing this story, there had to be a really important reason. "The point is, maybe it was all for the better. You and Ingram. Maybe, you guys would never have worked out and everything would've ended in flames, like mine did." She licked her lips, still looking away. "Maybe, if there's a higher deity above, they're sparing you from going through what I went through. Maybe, you're better off with him just in your memories and not in your present." Those were just words, however, and if Chusi wanted to get over Ingram, she would have to do it herself. Genie had no real idea how to do it. She couldn't even get over her own ex, how was she qualified to give others advice? "There are so many wolves out here in the world. You'll find someone better, one day, I promise."

But promises meant nothing. Genie had no faith that she, herself would find someone better so how could she guarantee that Chusi would?
If you feel like you’re going to crash then accelerate more, you idiot
No matter how thorny the road is, run

Messages In This Thread
click clack - by Raid - July 31, 2017, 09:46 AM
RE: click clack - by Chusi - August 11, 2017, 01:08 PM
RE: click clack - by Raid - August 12, 2017, 10:46 AM
RE: click clack - by Chusi - August 12, 2017, 12:58 PM
RE: click clack - by Raid - August 13, 2017, 08:08 AM
RE: click clack - by Chusi - August 14, 2017, 05:01 PM
RE: click clack - by Raid - August 16, 2017, 12:41 AM
RE: click clack - by Chusi - August 16, 2017, 07:20 AM
RE: click clack - by Raid - August 16, 2017, 09:30 AM