Stone Circle I don't know any better
9 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Maybe a @Valette? AW, too! 

Dharma made her way across the flowery meadow, enjoying the smells associated with them. Other scents were mixed in, of an animal she didn't recognize. It had become quite stronger the more west she traveled, and her curiosity was growing by the day. 

She paused in lieu of another scent, this one of some nuts on the ground. Chirping happily, she dug into the earth in search of it. Her ears were aware of her surroundings, though her attention remained focused on her task.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Since it was summer the grass on the meadows was quite high. Valette liked to use the height of the grass to look at the bison further away from her. She was quite keen on catching one. But it seemed difficult with her belly expanding more and more. The dark female did what she could. She went to study them. What the herd did without wolves around. It might have been boring but it wasn't, not for the hunter.

Her ears twitched as she heard something in the grass. The female lowered herself and listened to her surroundings. Could it be a rabbit she could pounce on? She didn't mind a meal as she felt always hungry lately.
9 Posts
Ooc —
With the grass  so tall, and Dharma so short, she could see the potentional danger nearby. She was busy digging into the ground for a snack. She was thinner than she needed to be this time of year. Last summer, she had the benefit of the family and their resources. Now, she was on her own and hurrying to fatten up for hibernation. 

But, as the wind shifted, it brought with it that smell again. Only this time, it was much stronger. Would she finally meet the source? Following her nose, she stepped through the long grass and flowers, her heart racing as the scent grew stronger and stronger. She wasn't sure what it was that fueled her curiosity. Anyone else might be scared and freeze, or maybe run. But, not Dharma. She was much too inquisitive. 

Suddenly, she was inches away from a dark nose and then, she did freeze. Attached to the nose was a rather large head. Plenty large to eat her with a few chews and gulps. Dharma's eyes traveled upward, and met the gaze of the creature. She waited then, to see if it was friend or foe.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette kept listening to the rustling sounds. It seemed it was getting closer. Was the rabbit walking straight towards her? Valette tipped her head from side to side, curious what the possible prey was doing. The Hunter's interest was caught. She lowered her body to the ground. Her head just held above the soil as her ears were pinned forward.

The charcoal female caught sight of movement and then peeking from the grass was a tiny squirrel. Her eyes watched how it looked at her, almost like it didn't know she was dangerous. She could kill. Valette didn't move a muscle, almost like a statue. Her stomach let out a growl, the only indication of her intentions. She snapped her head forward like an attacking snake. She intended for her jaws to slam close around the tiny body, however, if she would succeed was another thing.
9 Posts
Ooc —
For a few moments, everything was peaceful. Dharma gazed at the large animal, and for a few seconds, it seemed content to gaze back. She was in awe at the size of it, not having seen anything so big up close before. 

And then all hell broke loose. The animal lunged at her, jaws open. Dharma was niave, but not totally stupid. This creature meant her harm. 

But, instead of running away, Dharma dodge the grab, just barely, and scurried behind the predator. Should it lift itself off the ground, she would scurry under its legs. She didn't think she could outrun the one trying to eat her, especially when she didn't know where to hide. So, she would try to tire it out by darting between its legs.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
The critter was fast. Valette just missed the tiny thing. She instantly wanted to go after it, yet as she turned the small thing moved between her legs. She let out a growl in agitation. However, her curiosity was sparked. It was curious that this tiny thing would stay close to her instead of running off.

Valette tried to grab the damned squirrel again. Quite a lot of effort for a candy bar in wolf terms. Valette's belly was swinging in the process. Her body was quick to tire. She disliked that about being pregnant. She never experienced so much tiredness. The sun was blazing on her coat.

Valette started to pant and then just plopped down in the grass. Forget the damn critter. She was not in top form right now.
9 Posts
Ooc —
The growl was loud to the tiny ground squirrel, and she squeeked in response, jerking in the opposite direction everytime the predator tried to snap at her. She attempted to stay as close as possible to its legs, hoping that would prevent her from taking a full grasp on the small mammal.

It seemed to last forever, and Dharma was beginning to tire. Thankfully, though, the hunter seemed to be tiring more quickly. The large beast plopped down on her back side, and Dharma froze next to her, looking up at her with large eyes. Then, they narrowed. You're not very nice, she squeeked out. She was a little offended at almost being eaten.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette placed her head down, but it was lifted as soon as she heard a voice. A squeaky tone. The female looked up in surprise when she called out for being mean. She tipped her head and saw the squirrel before her. She never heard prey animal talk, but she mostly disregarded it. When she saw prey animals they were usually running away, not ready to talk. This was a feisty thing it seemed...?

She wasn't sure if she wanted to talk to her prey, she was a hunter at heart. She loved to chase and kill. She flattened her ears and snapped her teeth in the rodents direction. "I am a hunter, designed to kill. I need to eat, especially now," she stated and pointed her muzzle at her rounded sides. She didn't look too pleased to talk to the thing though.
9 Posts
Ooc —
She had the wolf's attention, though she wasn't quite sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. But, as outspoke as Dharma was, she wasn't going to pass up the chance to voice her opinion on almost getting eaten. The wolf snapped her jaws in Dharma's direction, but it was obviously a half-hearted attempt. Still, Dharm backed up a bit.

Then, she huffed. What if I have babies at home to feed, too? She didn't, but it was a point she was making. What if you had eaten me and then they just starve? Her non-existent children. It seemed the wolf was too tired to chase her anymore, so Dharma sat back on her own huanches, but her eyes never left the dark creature. Anyway. Are you done trying to eat me? She wasn't sure how quickly wolves regained their energy, so there was every chance that in a few minutes, she would be chased again.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette didn't like to talk to prey. It felt unnatural, especially with this stupid rodent talking back at her. Surprisingly, she felt no guilt when the rodent pointed out that she could have babies. She couldn't help that she needed to eat. True, normally she would go for bigger and larger prey because she had a pack behind her. Now she was here alone so smaller prey was an option.

"I don't care if you have young yourself. You seem quite young to have kids of your own anyway. But then again, I still don't care," she pointed out and bared her teeth. Her tail flickered in annoyance. "I would just go in that tall grass and be gone because if you keep talking I will chase after you and try and eat you to make you shut up," she stated, hazel green eyes looking clearly annoyed.

Don't think I've written Val this mean, like ever xD
9 Posts
Ooc —
It was obvious her words and feelings didn't matter at all to the creature who tried to eat her. Dharma huffed, and turned to leave, but then looked back over her shoulder. I feel sorry for your offspring, she said. 

Then, she did head off. Her first experience with the wolves was not a positive one, but Dharma was a glass-half-full type squirrel, and she didn't think all wolves could be that bad. At least, she hoped not.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette snorted. She really didn't care what the squirrel would think. She was her food. Naturally, she would be the bad guy in their eyes. Valette didn't want to put in any effort that she was better. She did eat squirrel if she could catch them. Luckily for the squirrel, she moved away into the tall grass, leaving her alone to rest.

- fin -