Moonspear i see the world in 25 dimensions
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
Private 
1/3 of my fav @Lyra <3

sitting upright! what an adventure. his legs, weak from weeks of rest, wobbled, but the newly ranked iota was not going to let this set him back. he was doing so well before that bear attack-- so well-- he was not about to remain in this den for the rest of his life. he raised himself up carefully, afraid to tear open any sealed wounds. they were doing fine, not infected, totally fine, but he was not about let this giant gash split open again, that was the opposite of what he was trying to accomplish. he paused, taking a quick breath, and sent a quick look down to his side, frowning.

maybe, he thought, the scar would heal over time. he kinda felt like a skunk-- but one that the gods didn't really bother to pay attention to detail with and accidentally put the stripe on the wrong side.

completely distracted by his original task at hand, terance sat hunched over, staring at his side with his ears pinned to his head. this sucked.
these violent delights
402 Posts
Ooc — Laur
<3!

Of course, Lyra just happened to be out when Terance attempted to finally sit upright. Perhaps it was a good thing she was, as she probably would have forced him to take it so slowly that they would be old and grey by the time she felt he was okay enough to stand up. She just couldn't be too careful, being as inexperienced as she was and this being the first major injury she had to treat. Why her parents and sisters entrusted this important task to her was a mystery but she was determined not to lose her patient. Especially not this patient.

She returned to the den with a mouthful of golden flowers that seemed to be doing well at treating his wounds. She wasn't sure what exactly it was doing but at least it was something. When she arrived, however, she saw the hunched but upright form of Terance and dropped the flowers immediately, rushing over to close the distance between them. "Terance, a-are you okay? Does it hurt? Why are you up? I—I have flowers!" Questions spilled from her mouth as she closely looked him up and down, eyes and nose trailing the long gash along his side, then the laceration at his lip before settling on his face, expression beyond concerned.
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
lyra's grand entrance gave terance quite the startle, as he had no idea she was even nearby. he sat upright, wincing at the sudden flash of pain, before letting out a soft breath. he shook his head. "i'm okay," he said with a soft smile, as reassuring as he could manage. he was fine, mostly-- healing, at least-- just sort of set back. his green gaze fell to the flowers she'd brought in-- yellow flowers. he recognized them, as lyra had been using them very daily with him, but he had no earthly idea what they were either. he sucked in a soft breath before looking back towards lyra, a sudden, mischievous grin sneaking onto his maw.

"look," he said, chest puffing a little, emphasizing his fantastic achievement. he was still kind of down about his appliance, but he wouldn't bother someone else with that, especially not lyra. he moved on best he could, and this was sort of exciting to him too.
these violent delights
402 Posts
Ooc — Laur
I'M SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT ON THIS ;__;

He straightened as she approached and Lyra wished she had even a sliver of Hydra's assertiveness. Even Alya's ability to slip so easily in and out of their personas would have worked. She would have forced him back down and commanded he not move but, alas, she was the reticent head of the Cerberus. So she watched, biting her lip as he reassured her with a charming smile. At least he was fully conscious and out of any immediate danger. In pain, sure, but awake.

She followed his gaze down to the flowers for a second or two before he looked back up, flashing her a roguish smirk. Any other situation would have had her shooting him a playful one back, however today she simply frowned in concern. "Don't push yourself," she said, though was secretly pleased he was managing. She wasn't completely certain, but could imagine surviving a bear attack was a rare thing. She gestured to the flowers and pushed them forward. "Eat these, they help with the pain."
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
lyra seemed more concerned than she seemed excited-- but terance didn't miss than glint in her eyes, even as she gently scolded him for pushing himself. he merely smiled, relaxing his posture (which relieved a good bit of pain). he let out a heavy breathe, slowly lowering himself to the ground. his green gaze held to those flowers before flitting back up towards lyra. "it's a shame that blackberries don't help with pain," he thought aloud, his neck craning to grab the yellow flowers between he's teeth, "these taste like garbage."

but still, he ate them without a real fuss. munch munch munch on those yellow flowers until all that was left was a bitter taste on his tongue. he glanced back up to his doctor, squinting and poking his tongue out of his mouth-- which he assumed got his point across.

"thanks, lyra," he then said, his face falling back to something more serious, "like, for real, i don't know what i'd do without you." 

don't worry about it!!! <3
these violent delights
402 Posts
Ooc — Laur
<3

She visibly relaxed as Terance lowered himself down again once more, thankful that he didn't try to fully stand up. While his wounds may have began to repair themselves, she was certain that any movement would reopen them and they would be back to square one. This would also invite infections in which Lyra was definitely sure she wouldn't be able to treat. Those golden flowers only seemed to do so much.

Speaking of, she gently grinned at his comments, taking the information on board. He didn't know it, but Terance had just supplied her with an extremely useful idea. Blackberries, of course! Maybe if she mixed berries and the more bitter tasting flowers, it would make the whole ordeal so much less painful. Even enjoyable, to an extent. "Oh, I'll bring some next time!" she said, perking up with newfound excitement.

She watched as he ate the plants regardless, offering a sympathetic look. Despite giving them to him, she hadn't actually tasted the flowers herself, not knowing what effect they would have on a healthy wolf. It would do them no good if she got sick as well! He finished with a disgusted expression and, feeling more relaxed now, the girl allowed herself to laugh, enjoying his antics. For someone who had survived being roughed up by a bear, he was in good spirits. "You helped save my sister," she replied, still smiling. "And you're family. We couldn't let you just die."

She looked away shyly for a moment, face falling as she quietly added, "I wouldn't let you die."
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance didn't really know why should would bother bringing any-- though at later dates he would seriously appreciate it. but, assuming that she'd made some sort of medicinal connection that he just didn't currently have the mental capacity to latch on to, terance let the comment slide and merely smile. 

family, he smiled weakly at that. that was a good thing, he supposed, but it kind of hurt to hear it come from lyra... for some reason. her next comment brought some heat to his cheeks, however. "i didn't do much," he admitted with a shrug, "i got in the way more than anything." he was pretty much down for the count like, immediately, he didn't understand why lyra thought otherwise-- maybe that wasn't a bad thing.

"i owe you though," he said with a grateful dip of his nose, "you gotta let me, i dunno, do something nice for you." he hadn't thought that through at all-- he had just sort of said it. he blamed the injury, and his still spacey headspace. he also didn't know what that qualified as. his only gift ideas were for... well... food, and that wasn't a huge sweeping gesture. but terance didn't really know what else to say, he was shocked he even got those words out.
these violent delights
402 Posts
Ooc — Laur
While it was true that Terance hadn't exactly sacrificed himself and heroically leapt before the bear's lethal blow in order to save their little sister like she imagined in her mind (he had really just been in the wrong place at the wrong time), Lyra's memory of the incident was rather faint. So she just pretended that that was exactly how it had happened, and she allowed herself to revel in the fact that she had nursed the dashing champion back to health. She laughed off his shrug and modest admission, shaking her head to dismiss it as nonsense. He was a true knight in her eyes.

Her smile faded as he spoke further, though, and she felt her cheeks flush. She panicked slightly, looking around everywhere except at Terance. "Oh, n-no," she stammered through an awkward laugh. "You don't h-have to anything." Except yes he would now that he said it because she would silently hold him to his word forever. "I mean, I'm a healer, it's what I do," she said, looking to him again. "But well...we both like stargazing, right?"
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
at first, lyra's answer horrified him. it was so like... indecisive and scared and for a minute terance thought she was about to shoot off about... well he didn't even know what-- he still wasn't all there. but she recovered, kind of, and brought up stargazing. his tail began to tap lightly against the ground at the thought of that, and he nodded quickly in response. "yeah, i can take you stargazing," he agreed, a small smirk appearing on his dark face. what a gesture! look at him go, he didn't think about the fact that he'd actually have to follow through with it... and how much emotional confrontation that would take, but with how well that just went, terance reckoned he could take on anything.

cheekily, he added, "i know you've lived here your whole life but... i bet i know a bunch of great places you've never even heard of." probably not true, but terance was feeling rather confident suddenly.
these violent delights
402 Posts
Ooc — Laur
It seemed like their go-to activity was star-gazing, but Lyra didn't mind. It was a very romantic pastime and the boy was knowledgable enough of the stars that it was both entertaining and informative. So long as Charon didn't crash the party again, she was looking forward to spending some time under the night sky with Terance again. She beamed at his answer, also noting his roguish smirk as if he were mentally congratulating himself. She could tell the boy was still not completely coherent just yet.

His next bold statement only made her even more sure of her assumption, and she let out a slightly offended laugh. "Really?" she said with thinly-veiled fake interest and a tilt of her head. "I think I gave you too many herbs, they're messing with your brain."
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
"really," he said, not catching her offensive or the interest she showed was fake. her next comment earned a small snort out of the yearling, amused. probably not true, but now that she mentioned herbs, terance suddenly felt a little woozy. he let out a soft huff, lowering himself slowly, resting his head on his paws. "maybe you're right," he murmured quietly, gaze raising back up to hers. not that bear had left many brain cells for him to keep track of. he'd knocked himself up pretty badly, and been unconscious for quite some time-- something was bound to go wrong in that brain of his. 

"maybe you could show me somewhere new," he followed up, deciding that sounded more accurate, taking in a deep breathe.
these violent delights
402 Posts
Ooc — Laur
He didn't take back his words, but the boy did lay back down with a huff that Lyra took as a quiet defeat. She let a sly smirk crawl across her face, not really caring if he wasn't being genuine. Even a half-admission that she was right and he was wrong was enough. The look he gave up to her was pitiful enough to soften the girl's heart, however, and she leaned down to his level, setting her head upon her paws and teasingly letting their noses almost touch.

She bit her lip and played up a thinking face as she hummed at his suggestion before grinning. "That sounds better." She just couldn't bring herself to imagine anyone (besides her parents, of course) knew the cliffs of Moonspear as well as she and her two other dark sisters. "When you're better, though," she said, braving a soft boop against his nose. "Completely better."
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
wrap up here or with your post...? (:

"you know best," he murmured, feeling a large haze begin to creep up on him. maybe it was whatever herb she'd given him earlier-- or maybe he was just getting winded by moving too fast-- terance had no idea. regardless, the yearling decided he was probably not going to last much longer in this game of wits with lyra-- in multiple ways-- so he just let his tail drum kind of weakly on the earth and listened to whatever she said next, ears pricked to make sure he heard it all.

completely better she said with a soft touch to the nose, sending his cheeks flushing hot (though it felt very comfortable in his current state). he smiled, eyes fluttering shut. "i'll be completely better tomorrow," he muttered, sort of slurred, before falling back to sleep until wraen came for a visit later that night.
these violent delights
402 Posts
Ooc — Laur
I love them <3 Archiving now!

That's right. She thought smugly as he murmured a quiet confirmation that she did know best. Even if he was half-concious and weary from herbs, she believed he spoke from the heart. The feeble beating of his tail against the ground caused her to drop her holier than thou attitude and smile softly, deciding it best to leave him be now. Perhaps she had in fact accidentally given him too larger dose, but she was certain the flowers weren't harmful, no matter how many she forced him to take. Still, the girl would remain nearby just in case.

"Okay, Terance," she laughed as he announced wearily that tomorrow he'd be better. That...was not how this healing thing worked at all but, in his state, Lyra allowed him this one. A soft snore filled the air then, and the girl quietly got to all fours, eyes taking in his becoming face despite the scar that trailed his jawline. He looked so peaceful. She let the moment linger, debating whether she wanted to brave a kiss on his forehead or not. Nerves got the best of the girl, however, and she silently stole away in a hurry instead, leaving the wounded boy to rest.