Moonspear Now and then
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
All Welcome 
Since the place, where Terance resided was already occupied with another female figure and Wraen did not want to squeeze in already tight living arrangements (and - did not want to bother her brother if he had some plans regarding the eligible ladies of the Moonspear), she decided to look for a place to stay. The nights during the past few weeks had been rather warm and she had dozed off under the trees, but she knew that seasons would change and sleeping outside would not be an option anymore. 

So far she had methodically worked through the forest part of the Moonspear and hadn't found a suitable place (the already inhabitted fox den and a badger hollow did not count), therefore today she had moved a little closer to the part of the area, where the stone caves were located. And at this point she was peeking inside one that was located inbetween many boulders, wondering, if she should risk it and climb in or seek a safer place.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
When Lyra was not with Terance and hunting for herbs, she was with her mirror images filling them in on what she would—though now was not one of those times. Hydra herself was maintaining the territory, sniffing in between crevices. Earlier in the day she had found—and fortunately successfully—dispatched a rattlesnake hiding out, and Hydra worried for her younger, more vulnerable siblings. Now that they could explore a bit more, she wanted to ensure that no critter big or small could offend them. 

Hydra then heard the walking gait of another and was given brief pause. She stood tall and darted forward, wondering who she might come across.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen decided not to risk it and move on. Her reasons were that it would not be very pleasant to live in a place, where you would always have to stare either at the ceiling or at the entrence, worrying that they might suddenly collapse and burry you alive. Not that it had ever happened to her, but the story of a wolf, who had been trapped in a labyrinth in a similar way, was something she did not want to experience in real life. 

She heard approaching footsteps and, while knowing that it could not be anyone dangerous, she still jumped on a nearby boulder to be above the ground just in case. Soon the source of the sound came into the view and it turned out to be one of the three identical sisters. "Hello!" she greeted her.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
In no time, Hydra came across the wolf who was the source of movement. Hydra grinned when she saw it was Terance's sister, Wraen. Hey, Wraen, she greeted pleasantly, tail swaying amicably. She noted that the other was atop a boulder, and her grin broadened. What're you doing up there? Practicing your mountaineering skills? Her head tilted as she darted forwards, sniffing to make sure no snakes had caused Wraen to take the position she had. When it was confirmed she hadn't, Hydra looked back to her, curious.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"You can say so - start small, I always say," Wraen retorted, laughing and then followed curiously the other she-wolf's doings, as she examined the area around the boulder. Was there something she had missed? She tilted her head thoughtfully, but after a quick while the other had finished her search and found nothing of concern. 

"You are probably sick and tired of answering this - but which one are you?" she asked and smiled. As most newcomers she too could not tell the triplets apart - unless they were on their own and with another person, who knew them by name.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The others chipper nature was something that might irritate her in anyone outside of Moonspear, but given her blatant favoritism for any in her pack (bar her own pale sister, perhaps) she found herself enjoying it. The others inquiry did not catch her by surprise, given she was so used to it. Nor did it bother her, which was revealed with a patient smile. Hydra, she informed. Though she impersonated her sisters the least, she was incredibly adept at it. Still, this day she had already given herself away in sussing out the boulder. 

What're you up to today? You settling in alright? She asked next with a tilt of her head. Hydra didn't much care whether or not she interrupted her activities; she was never one to feel bad about pushing herself into any situation, whether she was wanted or not.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Looking for dens - figured that with the rainy and cold season coming I can't keep sleeping on the forest floor," Wraen replied, jumping off the boulder so that she could be in the same level as Hydra was. They weren't exactly - it was evident that Terance's sister was shorter and smaller. 

"Terance might be a tough man, but I am a wuss, when it comes to wet and cold feet," she added. "So I came here - your father told that there are a lof of caves in this area and I was examining that one, when you came around. If you are not busy, maybe you wish to help me?"
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra was surprised to hear of Wraen's quest. For her own part, Hydra liked to sleep out in the open. When it was raining too hard, she preferred to wander about and wait for the rain to pass. She slept tangled up with her sisters—it was then they looked most like the name they were called, the cerberus. When Wraen went on to say that she was a wuss, Hydra wondered at that. While wuss was a word Hydra did not herself align with, or appreciate, she supposed it was fine for one to be a wuss so long as they could protect the cubs and not get in the way. Better a wuss than an outright moron. Not only that, but Wraen was specific. Hydra squinted and asked, curious, only wet and cold feet bother you, huh? Well, if that was the worst of it, she wasn't half-bad. Maybe a little strange... but not bad. 

I know some caves. I was actually looking for snakes. Found one a bit too close to the den my siblings are now settled in, and am just hoping to get rid of any others now that they can roam a bit. They seem to like the rockier areas... which was where the caves so happened to be. How are you with snakes? Maybe we could help each other, Terance was one of her favorite team mates other than her sisters when it came to these matters, but he was understandably out of commission.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"I am not that bad," Wraen chuckled and went on to explain. "It's a matter of comfort - always nicer to be dry and warm than cold and shivering."

Snakes on the other hand were an entirely different matter. She was not fond of them, but something about the way Hydra had asked her, made her cautious about revealing the truth. Wraen did not like them and avoided them all together. And now an offer to go and hunt them? She did not want to pose as a total coward, therefore she mustered up a smile and replied as bravely as she could: "What do you have in mind?"
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Yeah, I get what you mean, though she didn't necessarily act on it. Hydra was good in all types of weather, "good" being loosely defined there; when the rain was particularly bad she'd take shelter but otherwise, she was good to roam and snooze in it. It took a lot of work to clean herself up after that, but Hydra also prided herself on her appearance too. 

Her notched ear pressed forward at Wraen's inquiry. Not knowing what Wraen sounded like when nervous, Hydra had no idea that she was just that. I know some pretty good areas for shelter. What I've just learned was that snakes like to lurk near where caves seem to be... hiding out in the rocks, I mean. If you see any, let me know. Not sure if you're a good snake wrangler, Hell, Hydra wasn't a good snake wrangler. She was a total noob at it. But she saw what one did to a mouse. Her kid-sisters and brother were larger than that mouse, but who knew how it would effect someone small? She hardly took herself into account.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen decided that it would be wiser not to tell Hydra about her dislike of snakes and just tag along. This she-wolf was a good friend of Terance and she did not want to make him ashamed of his sister just because she was a wimp, when it came to legless beings. 

"Do they?" she asked, looking around to see, if there were any snakes lurking around now, ready to attack the unsuspecting Wraen. "I will. And though I have not wrangled a snake - perhaps, you can show me how," maybe showing interest in what and how Hydra dealt with snakes would be better.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Just gonna fade this here because I delayed this so dang long!!! Im sorry!! wON'T HAPPEN AGAIN TO ME AND U  

Oh, yeah, she said with a head nod, totally. They— a howl calling for her captured her attention. It was her mother and father both, and Hydra assumed the matter was a serious one if they were calling. Maybe another tag-team on a coyote, or fox, or some other obnoxious trespassing critter. It sounded like it came from the borders... 

She looked to Wraen apologetically. Rain check? I'll tell you all about how to wrangle snakes some day, she said with a grin before she turned to dash off, not waiting for a response from Wraen. She did not know how urgent the matter was, and so ran like the wind in any case. Fortunately for Wraen, she would not have to wrangle snakes... this time.