King Elk Forest the sound of my heart
nebulae and stardust
69 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
All Welcome 

While the stargazer was more than happy to settle and follow along, she hadn't done much to get to know the others of the pack yet. So much seemed different, and Nova was realizing with a growing horror that this reclusive thing she had become was more who she was than the outspoken girl she had once been. She caught herself mapping the stars again, sprawled beneath a giant tree, her eyes tracing the figures lovingly that her sister had once told her about. 

She missed Odette, she missed Ivy and Benjamin too, she missed Sebastian and Burke and Malice and Pearl. It seemed unfortunate and unlikely that she would ever see them again - not unless they came here. She had, at least found Mato, and that gave her a sense of completion. The young woman shifted up until she was sitting, eyes finally trailing from the sky above her to the earth around her. 

At least they had a pretty home. 

You're picture perfect blue
Sunbathing on the moon
Stars shining as your bones illuminate
38 Posts
Ooc — Margot
The night was only fun when one had something (or someone) to do, and as of late, Domi had none of that. Everyday had followed a strict routine — wake up, eat, walk, sleep, eat some more, sleep again — and she was beyond bored of it. In fact, the poor thing had become so lonely, she'd even caught herself talking to the trees to keep herself company. A part of Domi feared that that meant she was following the same mental path as her mother, but the other part was too preoccupied for that to be more than a moment's concern. 

After a full day of searching, Domi finally found herself in the presence of another wolf. Not a squirrel or a bush, but a wolf! Hey there! she called out as she began to trot forward, slowing to a walk once she was a few yards away. It seemed that this was another one of those sky watchers; Domi had never really understood what was so special about the sky herself, nor did she get why wolves chose to devote themselves to a trade so useless. Whatcha looking at, if you don't mind my asking?
 Hunter                Caregiver
1 2 3 4 5                1 2 3 4 5
nebulae and stardust
69 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
what an interesting avatar! thanks for joining :)

It was a surprise when someone else approached her - someone who didn't smell of Mato nor of the few she'd met along their journey. Nova wondered if their scents weren't strong enough yet or if this specifically had drawn the stranger in and she shifted a bit so that she wasn't completely shut off from the stranger. "The stars," She explained, turning her attention from the female and back to the sky. "This is a new land for me, and I use the stars to help track my path." This was the furthest she'd been east of the Fen and it was intriguing to her to make a new map from the stars. 

"I'm Nova - who are you?" She was not the aggressive sort, her methods far more diplomatic. Until their claim was official it wasn't as if she could chase anyone from the Forest. Even then, being so domineering wasn't quite something she found natural. She instead was more level headed, to ask questions before she jumped to conclusions.

Sunbathing on the moon
38 Posts
Ooc — Margot
Thanks! The artist is linked on Domi's profile, she's awesome.

Ah, makes sense. No it didn't, at least not to Domi. But she knew that one man's trash was another man's treasure, so she wasn't too quick to judge. Mimicking the actions of this Nova character, she swept her own gaze up to the starlit sky, though when she found that there was little to be enjoyed in just looking, she refocused back to her company. My name is Amhordomini, but I think most people find Domi a lot easier to pronounce. Pleased to meet you, Nova.

In fear of an awkward silence creeping up between the two of them, Domi whistled and cleared her throat in a cringe-worthy effort to break the silence. So, uh, you...from around here?
nebulae and stardust
69 Posts
Ooc — Sonia

Nova knew few others who truly loved the stars the way she did. It was fine, of course, not everyone worked the same way. But still she wanted to explore the possibilities, to learn what she could and grow as much as was possible. "[b]Amhordomini[/b]" She repeated, although it wasn't nearly as smooth an effort as when the name was offered to her. "Domi is much easier,"  Nova agreed with a good natured smile. 

The question of if she was from around here made her pause for just a moment, giving a little shake of her head. "No, I was born in Broken Antler Fen -"   A quick glance upwards to endure her directions and Nova nodded off towards the east. "It's that way, over the ridge."   She explained. "Our water source became contaminated and my family left, joining the Caldera nearby. My brother and I are forming a pack here, though, with some others. His belief is in learning and applying trades and skills - actually putting them to use." Nova explained. " What about you?"  
Sunbathing on the moon
38 Posts
Ooc — Margot
Told ya, Domi laughed. Sometimes even she forgot how to pronounce her name! She cursed her mother for having such a "creative" mind, but knew that the old wretch had only meant good by it. Nova made no hesitation in telling (what seemed to be) her life's story, which Domi appreciated. Things were just so much easier when there weren't walls to break down; lay it out on the table, let your truth be heard! It was something she'd heard a lot as a child, and something she repeated even more as an adult.

She settled and readjusted herself a bit, her head cocked to the side in an intense focus.. Wow, she sighed, I'm glad you're getting a chance to strike your own claim. Seems like something a lot of people are too scared to do, but not me. That's the dream. Domi had tried quite a few times since leaving her natal pack, but, Everytime I try, seems like people find something more interesting than plain ol' Domi. She'd always been a simple girl, not wanting much more than a mate and a few children of her own, but those dreams were beginning to seem like wishful thinking.

I left home around my first birthday, and I've been wandering since then. Met a few wolves along the way who taught me some skills, like hunting and healing, but nothing interesting like astronomy. The last bit was sarcastic, but the way Domi said it, she could have fooled anyone. Y'all sound like level-headed people. What's the point in learning something if you never use it anyway?
nebulae and stardust
69 Posts
Ooc — Sonia

At least Domi wasn't insulted by her statement, and Nova grinned at the other - maybe she was a bit too open but then all Nova could do was learn from things. She licked her lips, a tooth worrying over her lip for just a moment before she focused on Domi's statement. "Are you going to do the same, then? Claim a spot for yourself?" Of course it was a thought to try and recruit her - but then, not everyone was fit for Tindome and Nova understood that too. "Mato was part of a founding of a pack out past the Fen with some other wolves around our age, but, I think this is the right fit for him." Nova was confident in her brother's abilities in leading a pack - in gathering the right wolves to his cause. 

"Healing is interesting to me - I like nature, I guess you could say. Plants, minerals, stars; all of that." Although she didn't know anything about healing aside from the few things she'd picked up through trial and error but still, that was something. "Well - if you don't find what you're looking for around her, swing back by. I think we'll end up here in this forest." So far it seemed the most suited for them, in her opinion, and typically she and Mato were on the same page. "As long as you don't think you need blood sacrifices I don't think most people will be against you." She teased with a grin, but then, not everyone was truly made to found their own claim. Some needed to come along and fix the problems that others had caused. 

Sunbathing on the moon