Dragoncrest Cliffs The Flower which grows best in the dark
to know your enemy, you must become your enemy
47 Posts
Ooc —
The waining hours of the moon were the best time to roam, at least that was Cecil's opinion. He wasn't a fan of the noon sun, and prefered the hours of night to reflect of his thoughts. The lake remained calm as the stars twinkled above, with one paw dipped in the cool water, the ebony male layed upon the banks of the lake. Basking in the light of the moon, Cecil thought of his family, he rested his chin on his paw and watched his subtle breath make ripples in the water. Now was not the time to think of such costly matters, not when one was enjoying themselves.

@Corva if you want to hop in, all welcome though! as always
civilize the mind
make savage the body

Cecil's Pawprints
Mecenary {I II III IV V/5} + Scout { I II III IV V/5}

moontouched
22 Posts
Ooc —
Away

Of course!

She has kept to herself since her induction into the lowest ranks of Drageda — still, they had accepted her and she supposed for the moment it would sate her roaming heart.  It would seem as if she had been avoiding the obsidian knight who had introduced her to his pack and though it was not completely intentional she did not mind her isolation.

She had begun acquainting herself with the plants that surrounded the Cliffs by smell, and as night fell she would go to the edge of the rock to gaze up into the sky and trace the stars.  Thirst grounded her after hours of being lost in the sky, so she came to the lake's edge only to find him laying there.

Corva did not understand the mixed emotions she felt for him; but she made no move to socialize or move away, instead lapping up the water as she had come to do.

and i'll be at the back of your mind
waiting for you

47 Posts
Ooc —
Cecil sensed her before he saw her, her scent and sounds easily distinguised in the nights air. Tail twitching with anticipation, he wanted to talk to her, and hear her voice. Yet as he watched her out of the corner of his eye, he could see she made no intention to join him. Perhaps he had made a mistake in showing her here, to his pack, his family. Cecil admittedly didn't know her very well, and yet had found a kinship within her spirit that he couldn't explain, he wondered if perhaps there was a reason she was on her own, aside from her visions. He believed that he could help her find her place within the pack, even though he was still finding his own way.

How ws she settling in?

Did she need anything?

Why didn't she wanted his company?

Had he said something he shouldn't have?

Why is she so thirsty?

Is she sick?

Perhaps I should say something.

Perhaps I shouldn't say anything.

Does she need space?

Maybe? Maybe? Maybe?

Everything was running through his head at a mile a minute, however outwardly the only visible sign of his hesitation would be his mouth. Openning, and shutting, before openning, and shutting once again. The his blossum coloured tonge dancing in his mouth, and yet no words were uttered. Instead he just cleared his throat.

How lame. He thought before turning to look at her.
civilize the mind
make savage the body

Cecil's Pawprints

moontouched
22 Posts
Ooc —
Away

The gears of her mind had been churning as fast as the male's, but her feelings were much more undecided.  She did not understand precisely why she felt the need to avoid him and it bothered her, but she couldn't just cast the feeling aside and act like it wasn't present; she feared if she spoke with him and her unease was as palpable as it was now she would stop mystifying him and it was that perhaps that she feared most of all.

That she could would inevitably become boring, and he'd forget about her just like everyone else had.

But he was not everyone else, and she knew it was unfair to spurn him so — was that not what she had feared in their meeting with the Fleimkepa?  That he would cast her aside?  Her head stays low as she moves towards him, broken-dish eyes meeting his glowing suns in the night.  

Maybe it is not too late to make it up to him, and deal with these feelings later.  Maybe she could stuff them down.

She does not speak as she comes close, pressing himself against his side in comfort if he allows it.  Corva is not certain whether or not she has the words to assuage his fears, but perhaps her presence will do the job.

waiting for you

47 Posts
Ooc —
Slowly she came closer, and with each step his anxious mind settled. He couldn't be sure it was her mere presence of the fact that she was accepting his company that helped quite his thoughts. He form pressed against his sent a flutter through Cecil, relaxing his muscels and his mind. Adding to his already enjoyable evening. He thought that perhaps quit companionship was what she was looking for, and the thought of bring words to sound worried him. However he delved forward, and let the consequences be damned.

"I hope Drageda isn't to dreary for you."

As soon as the words left his maw Cecil was on edge, what a stupid thing to say, real eloquent Cecil, his brain betrayed him, his thoughts degrading. Perhaps, one day, if he was lucky, this woman might accept his dumb words. He could talk through the details of a truce between two nations easily, he could fight a bear without a shred of fear, even speaking with Heda was easier than communication with this dark beauty. Cecil wondered if this was how it was supposed to be, when you had a crush on someone.
civilize the mind
make savage the body

Cecil's Pawprints

moontouched
22 Posts
Ooc —
Away

Dreary?  That was not a word she would have used to describe the pack.  Although she had not yet interacted with anyone else she had no reason to find it dreary, especially with foriegn plants to learn.  Quietly, her attention turned once again to the toxins found in the Dragonrest Cliffs, and she wondered briefly if there was a way to weaponize them but she brushes the thoughts quickly, realizing she has not confirmed or denied anything.

No, she concludes, feeling his muscles unwind against her, it is not dreary.  There are many things to uncover here, though I should be careful not to stray too far.  I might never come back.  Really, she was just scared of falling off the cliff, but she felt like she could differentiate the shapes of the rock and the treeline from the drop below that she was comfortable making her way around.

She was trying her best to be independent.  This led to another speculation — was this why she had abandoned him?  Something to think on later, she filed it away.

How've you been?  If he was concerned, if she had upset him, she hoped he'd voice it.

waiting for you

47 Posts
Ooc —
Cecil smiled at the woman beside him, "I have been well, thank you." She didn't seem to wish she hadn't join him and so that was something that he reveled in for the time being. "What have you uncovered so far?" Corva had mentioned uncovering new aspects within Dragoncrest, and so he wanted to know more. He wanted to know what interested her, even if it perhaps wouldn't interest him. Cecil was raised to be diplomatic and so he figured this would be the best use of the skills taught to him as a young pup.

sorry its so short, im fading fast! :)
civilize the mind
make savage the body

Cecil's Pawprints

moontouched
22 Posts
Ooc —
Away

Thankfully it is a subject that comes naturally to the shadow, easy enough to not come off as forced. It comes to no surprise when I tell others that my interest is toxicology.  Poisonous plants often grow in thickets on the bases of cliffs.  I wonder if somehow there is a way to weaponize some of these poisons without the detriment of our own health.  I haven't found anything yet.  To be fair, wolves had very few weapons aside from their teeth.  Something she was thinking of would have to be applied topically, perhaps to the toenails although many did not use them to fight.  It was something to think on later.

Mostly, I just want to make myself useful.  I'd like to come up with something revolutionary to bring forth to the leaders but I doubt I can find something any time soon.  This did give the impression that Corva would be sticking around, though.

I worry about protecting Drageda if something happens in the daytime, she admits.  She isn't exactly sure how she even nestled her way in the ranks.  I don't need protection, but I'm not sure I'll be much good either.

waiting for you

47 Posts
Ooc —
Ears swiveled atop his obsidian head as he listened to the dark dame. He was enthralled by her interest, and found it most enjoyable just to watch her exclaim the results she had found. He wasn't sure how to weaponize anything, and was pretty hopeless at identifying plants so he couldn't help her in that regard. However he wasn't truly usless, "Well once you figure out how you might what to weaponize this plants," Cecil was having issues picturing a harmful plant, "I can test it out for you, practically I mean." I was an adept warrior, his skills in a battle were much more well rounded than his scentence forming brain.

"I am a warrior here in Drageda." Which as she continued, struck him as fortunate considering her next concern. Although he had a feeling she was looking for a more independant way of protecting their home. "Could you think of something to do with you poisons? I'm sure you can think of a way to utilise them so that you could maim your apponent so they migth be more at your skill level." He wasn't sure if that scentence made sense, but thinking of it from a warrior prospective, Cecil was sure she would figure something out. "Perhaps one day we can have a spar, and get your fighting skills up to a manageable level." He wasn't exactly hopeful given her eye sight, but perhaps it was an issue they could solve together.
civilize the mind
make savage the body

Cecil's Pawprints