Blacktail Deer Plateau Despair has its own calms.
239 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
All Welcome 
He was getting old. This was his sixth summer.

He knew this for a long while, but now that fact was catching up with him. Training the youths of the Woods became harder, winded him more often. His bones creaked when he exerted himself too much, his limits lowering day by day. But he was not yet a prisoner of his body, consigned to short walks to keep himself from locking up. He was almost there, but not there.

He proved that to himself by taking a journey to the end of the Flatlands, then beyond, first ending at the Plateau that marked the invisible barrier between the Flatlands and the Coast. He was at a trot, determined to keep his joints moving instead of slow, which would eventually lock them up. He was going nowhere, and yet walking, eyes glancing at the surroundings around him.

the sun also rises
Health - 90% (90/100)
155 Posts
Ooc — mix
She'd been up and down the coast, and she was pretty sure the forest her brother had asked her to find was now nothing but a charred ruin. There'd been no sign of Deirdre, or of any wolf, for that matter.

But she wasn't about to let this be a useless trip. As long as she was out and about, she wanted to check out the land around those hotsprings that Grayday wanted to move to. She wasn't exactly sure which way they were, but she knew she'd know it when she saw it.

Instead, she found something much more quaint. Sunspot moved through the plateau, admiring the pretty forest and defendable slopes. Perhaps it would make a good home for the Morningsiders, on day soon.

When she caught sight of another wolf, she immediately stiffened. Was this already someone's home - or too close for comfort?

"Hello," she called, giving her tail a friendly shake. "Do you live around here?"
239 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
It was a jolly stroll, if he could say so for himself. It was nice to be away from the oppressive darkness of the Woods. He knew that that was blasphemous, but a change of pace was needed, after years of wandering. He was no priest that lingered in one place, praying incessently and renewing their fetishes and spells.

But eventually he would find another wolf wandering, especially in fair summer. He chuffed to the woman, slowing to a halt to listen to her. Her question was harmless enough and he answered truthfully. No. And I have not seen anyone here in a while.

the sun also rises
Health - 90% (90/100)
155 Posts
Ooc — mix
Sunspot side-eyed the male a moment longer before deciding that he didn't seem to be a threat. He was friendly enough, at least. Having determined this, she returned to scanning her surroundings, a soft, rather taken look on her face. "It's very pretty," she said in a small voice, feeling oddly humbled by the scenery. While she traversed the land, picking fights with the natives, this place had looked on with cold, beautiful indifference.

"I'm Sunspot," she introduced, moving a few paces closer as she turned her full attention back toward the male. And then, realizing she was being rather rude - "I'm sorry - did I disturb you?"
239 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
He had travelled past the spot many a time, and it had faded into the background for him. He saw no beauty in it, not marvelled in it. So when the lone woman gaped at the place, he merely nodded along, unconvinced, humming briefly in response.

Miraak, and no, you didn't. He had nothing to be disturbed in, truly. Her presence was a welcome break from the politicking and brooding darkness of the Woods, the sunlight he had desired. You are a loner, then?

the sun also rises
Health - 90% (90/100)
155 Posts
Ooc — mix
Sorry for the hold-up!
"Nice to meet you," Sunspot replied, her tail wagging a tiny bit. There was something rather intimidating about the aging male - something Sunspot couldn't quite place. Still, he did seem very polite. There didn't seem to be any harm in talking to him, at least, and Sunspot was finding she had a rather embarrassing prefrerence for older men.

"Oh, no - not really, anyway," she said in response to his question. "I'm on a scouting trip for my brother. But I suppose I've considered just... not going back. He's family, but the pack just doesn't really suit me."

She peered at him, slinking closer until they stood only a yard or two apart. Her nose twitched, trying to draw in his scent. "How about you? You don't smell lonely."
239 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
@Sunspot. So, so, sorry. I've basically ignored old Miraak for a while and by extension, this thread

She was scouting, which was strange, since her pelt was bare of any pack scent. It made sense as she continued talking. He simply nodded. I would tell him first, Losing family without a word of goodbye was one of the worst things to happen to someone. He knew it firsthand. 

My pack is mostly made up of my family. We live nearby; southeast of here, There was some obsession over keeping their location hidden, but he thought it was nonsense. If they wanted recognition — jobs — they would have to announce their home's location every once and awhile.

the sun also rises
Health - 90% (90/100)
155 Posts
Ooc — mix
No problem! We can probably close this up in a few more posts and get it off your plate.
Sunspot let out a tiny sigh, her attraction to the male significantly lessened by his unsolicited advice - even if she knew he was probably right. "You're probably right," she agreed, though her flickering ears betrayed her uncertainty. If she knew how many woman had left her brother before, she might be more inclined to agree with Miraak.

"Are you looking for members?" she asked the male, wondering if that was an avenue she might take.
239 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
He catches her sigh, but isn't offended. She's the right age for him, but not the right gender. He has had relations with a woman before, but it didn't turn out well for either of them, or even the child they created. 

He doesn't know her well, but he knows that she would not fit in at Blackfeather Woods. The sight of the Woods was enough to deter the softhearted. They rarely had any one like her come to their borders. Those who did were either captives or were using that as some kind of facade. We are, but we are very religious — spiritual, really. Advancing in the ranks requires conversion,

the sun also rises
Health - 90% (90/100)
155 Posts
Ooc — mix
"Oh," said Sunspot, feeling unaccountably embarrassed. She'd never been religious, and despite having easily carried a conversation with the man thus far, she now found herself second-guessing any possible responses. "I, uh... well..."

She offered a weak grin. "Better not, I guess," she said finally. "I should go - thank you for your time, Miraak."

And, with that, she turned and fled.
239 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
The revelation that he was religious, well. That turned her off. He figured that she would not fit inside Blackfeather Woods, and especially not if she was that against religion. He merely shrugged. She seemed like a nice girl, however. He watched her as she fled, turning away in the end and continuing his walk with renewed vigor.