Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,117 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
There was a knot at the pit of his stomach as he glanced backwards to Ty one more time before turning his full attention on the Heda. After she mentioned that Wildfire had been gone from the Caldera for a few days he felt nervous, wondering if without Wildfire his chances of joining would drop down entirely — and wondering what Wildfire would tell her family about him (and if she'd tell them about how miserably he was failing out here trying to get by on his own to prove his worth to the pack). He licked his lips nervously as he waited for the Heda to continue speaking, afraid that what might come next might be a rejection and telling him he should leave now.

When the Heda spoke again it took a little while for it to sink into Eljay's mind, for him to realise what she had said. She'll tell them you're here with Drageda. His tail began to wag a little as it hung low at his hocks but he was afraid to get too enthusiastic. Further words were positive and though Eljay felt very needy for a literal confirmation of his joining, he was 99% sure that her words meant he was in. "Oh!" he said, unsure what to say for a short moment before saying, "Thank you! Thank you so much, I... I don't know what to say — I'll do my very best and I'll prove that you made the right decision!" Eljay felt a bit uneasy making such a heavy promise because he knew he wasn't the best wolf at wolfing, but he would try his very best to show that he was worth living in Drageda.

He hadn't forgotten all about Ty though, and looked over his shoulder, feeling a bit guilty. He wanted so badly to go tell Ty the good news, but he also didn't want to ruin his opening into Drageda by asking to leave now. He left it with the look over the shoulder and a few wags of his tail before he turned to follow the Heda who had opened up the way back to Drageda territory, feeling over the moon that he was accepted into Drageda which, up until a few minutes ago, had seemed a faraway dream he couldn't accomplish. Eljay told himself when he was feeling better, he would go and find Ty in her home on the plateau by the sea and he would thank her for everything and make up for joining Wildfire's pack over hers... somehow.
Messages In This Thread
holding out for a hero - by Eljay - August 06, 2017, 10:04 AM
RE: holding out for a hero - by RIP Tytonidae - August 06, 2017, 12:51 PM
RE: holding out for a hero - by Eljay - August 10, 2017, 04:59 AM
RE: holding out for a hero - by RIP Tytonidae - August 11, 2017, 10:34 AM
RE: holding out for a hero - by Antumbra - August 14, 2017, 09:44 AM
RE: holding out for a hero - by Eljay - August 16, 2017, 04:52 AM
RE: holding out for a hero - by RIP Tytonidae - August 17, 2017, 10:04 AM
RE: holding out for a hero - by Eljay - August 18, 2017, 03:57 AM
RE: holding out for a hero - by RIP Tytonidae - August 24, 2017, 09:54 AM
RE: holding out for a hero - by Eljay - August 25, 2017, 07:37 AM
RE: holding out for a hero - by Antumbra - August 25, 2017, 01:31 PM