Northstar Vale Let's just hurt tonight
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
For @Genie and/or @Mouse and/or @Mattias :)) Backdated a little bit to a few days after she meets Rannoch (30th July) and is allowed to wander around if she hunts for them.

She had gotten around fine; the vale was beautiful and everyone should be very proud of what they have here. Water, shade, flatlands and peaks. Living here... It would be a dream come true. No more living in shadows and being afraid to step over the border due to the possibility of running into a pack. No more running away from the wolves of the dark woods. Then again... No more family. No more history. Her siblings needed her now, but what would become of their big sister once they learned how to take care of themselves? Did Arturo want more pops running around? .... Would she be allowed to, maybe... Stop thinking, Chusi.

She returned to a cache she had sniffed out and placed her three fish neatly among the other catches. Wasn't much, but she was still getting used to her surroundings. Now it was time to rest her cracked paws and relax for a little while. Who would be around to share the afternoon with?
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
22 Posts
Ooc —
Away

From the moment he was assimilated into the ranks of Northstar Vale, ever-dutiful Mattias put his nose to the grindstone.  To the leviathan, a wolf was worth nothing if he was not putting himself to work yet unlike his sister he did not worry over these things, he just upheld his duties.

The previous days had been spent scouting the borders, getting acquainted with the territory and lifting his leg here and there to keep the scents strong.  Today would be spent hunting to fill the cache.

He lumbered down to the largest body of water he could find — growing up in Keening Sound made him an adept fisherman.  He caught one for himself and feasted but it seemed that for the moment it was rather dry, perhaps someone had made their way over here earlier.

He figured nothing of it.  Fish came and went, swam up and downstream, and sure enough they would be back and he would attempt again maybe later in the day.  He headed back towards the Vale but a scent of fish caught his attention (especially after his failed attempt) and he traipsed in that direction.

He sees a wolf there, gray-cream with a small cache of her own.  He chuffs at her, not wanting to surprise her (not that a brute so big could), waiting for her to speak first.  He wasn't very familiar with the wolves in the Vale or their newcomers or alliances, and he didn't want to chase anyone off that would go against his Alpha.  Better to wait.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Even the hot afternoon sun of summer felt good down in the Vale, illuminating her charcoal pelt and changing it from dark to a warm, dark russet. She placed herself on the ground, snuggling up against the warm grass when the chuff was registered in her head. Ochre eyes opened and looked up to, well, a huge man. She blinked her doe-eyes for a moment, taking him with a rather shocked face. She didn't smell like the Vale, and though she had been allowed on the property, she was no part of them. He was probably wondering what in the hay she was doing here and was ready to throw her out. Luckily, she had Genie and Rannoch on her side, otherwise this might've been a bloody encounter.

Hullo! She greeted when wonderment had settled, and she rolled onto her back to better observe him. He didn't remind her even one bit of Ingram, but he wasn't bad to look at either. Seemed the Vale was filled with, pretty, youthful spirits. Now she thought of it... She'd probably fit in. 'Come to enjoy tha sun 'n mah company? She purred with a smile.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
22 Posts
Ooc —
Away

His gaze zeroed in on her ochre eyes, much like his own, as she stared and took him in.  It was something he was used to — he towered over most of the petite women (and most of the men) in Keening Sound. She warmed up quickly, though, something he was not used to, and her friendly disposition painfully reminded him of Keet.  He shifted his weight and dipped his head at her greeting, unsure of what to say.

What an accent!  Sure.  Perhaps it would give him time to figure out why she was here — she did not smell of the Vale but she did not act like someone who was trespassing, either.  What brought you to Northstar Vale?

His words are sharp, cutting through the easy silence that had surrounded them and although they're meant in a kind manner the brute is not good with manners.

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi was used to all kinds of strangers; every one of them had warmed up to her at some point. All except Ingram. He had been the only one to somehow actively avoid her - hate her, it seemed, though there had been more to him. A bad boy, but actually a duckling struggling to find its way. Oh, how he had stolen her... He isn't coming back though, never ever. You're better now, you promised Genie. While the giant was seemingly okay with enjoying the day, he didn't sit down or anything. Did he like being that tall? Genie must be terrified of him - she was such a sprite!

She chuckled, her back never leaving the ground in a rather exposing but submissive way, at his question. It was to be expected; Rannoch didn't seem like the guy to tell the whole pack they had a temporary visitor to bring food and hang around with. How the question was asked didn't bother her either; her father held the same... coldness and whiskey whenever they talked, though Chusi guessed he did his best to sound friendly. Well, 'm on an adventure! 'Rannoch told meh I could crash here forra bit if I hunt for y'all. Got pritty bumped up on mah way here. She said as she showed the cracked pads of her paws with a grin, moving them rather excitedly.

She felt... home, here. Like in Ravensblood Forest. Protected yet free.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
22 Posts
Ooc —
Away
oh my god mattias is so boring i'm sorry

He let out a small, Mmm.. as she noted that she was on an adventure.  He had just finished one of his own, and although he did not desire to head out again he knew eventually he would need to travel to the Hinterlands to find his sister again.  None of this he noted out loud.

The man's nose lowered to her cracked paw pads and he breathed out sharply as she wiggled them in his face.  It was courteous of Rannoch to allow her to stay here injured and he was glad to rank under someone with such impeccable judgment, but he did not dwell on this thought.  If this girl was to get on with her adventure (as he was so sure she would want to,) she would have to get patched up.

Their mother had made poultices for them often when they would scrape and scuff as pups, and he remembered fondly the bright yellow of goldenrod and the bitter taste of dock leaf, and lucky for her he'd seen some around. Wordlessly he left her side but returned quickly, dropping the herbs at her side. It'll help.  He offered no other consolation as he chewed the goldenrod, watering it up and spitting it back on the ground. Rub it on.

He then sat down, obviously the most comfortable he was going to make himself for the time being.

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
At least he's trying to help! :))

He wasn't a very... talkative man, now was he? She didn't know many males that openly talked the way she did - could keep up with her, in a way. It was even stranger when he left and he got her to roll onto her tummy to watch him walk away. A pouty lip had settled upon her face, brows in a gentle, confused frown. Was he shy? Did he want to check up on Rannoch to see if she really was allowed here? Honestly, she would never truly figure out boys. Perhaps because of that she was so interested in them.

When he returned with a mouthful of greenery, she finally understood. So, he believed her and wanted to help. So she could hunt better? So she'd have no reason to stay anymore? Did he want her gone? Well, too bad for him! She needed some quality time with her girlfriend, as was promised! Did this guy know her? Had Genie taken her advice? Thanks. She replied with a witty grin, rising to then step in the mushy, slobbery stuff that was supposed to help her. One eye squinted while the other was left open in a shocked, confused and rather disgusted fashion for a bit before she could feel some of the pain in her left paw ebb away. Wowsers - where'd ya learn this stuff? She asked as she treated every paw equally.

Even before he was able to answer did she have another question ready for him. Do ya know Genie? 'Heard she lived 'ere. Of course she knew that, but she needed to make it casual. Like, slunk against a tree with sunglasses on kinda casual. Perhaps, if the giant was no match for her, she'd leave him for Genie. The sprite and the giant, how possibly, exceptionally strange and romantic.

**Join THE VELINGAR!**
22 Posts
Ooc —
Away

The giant caught her pouty gaze that followed his retreat somewhat by accident and it fostered something in him he had not felt in some time — with Keet gone and his estranged relationship with Brienne, he had not the chance to really care for anyone in recent times.  It felt ... good?  Yes, good.

He was even more pleased when the girl stepped in his (gross) mixture to ease her pain, but when she complimented him he was again unsure of how to respond.  And then she rattled off more questions at him, rapid-fire.  One at a time, girl.  From my mother when she was alive, then I treated my sisters for some time.  That was adequate, right?  She surely did not want his entire life story, not that there was much to it anyway.

His expression lay flat but his discomfort was shown in a flick of his whiskers and another shift in weight.  No, he didn't know Genie.  He did not know anyone other than those who had come to the borders and met him; he had not been in the Vale very long and had met very few of its wolves.  No, he mused, trying not to let on to his discomfort. I don't know many.

Wow, more words than anyone but Brienne had gotten out of him in his entire stay in the Vale.  Congratulations, stranger.  Perhaps he could warm up to this dainty girl (so much like Keet), if only because he didn't know how else to respond.

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She had met a lot of wolves who weren't very fond of her curiosity and genuine interest that resulted into her talking too much, but it had, ultimately, helped her survive. Without her charisma, she would've been left to die as soon as Zephyr had disappeared. Arturo wouldn't have taken her under wing, Lotte would have despised a rude girl and she'd never have been to the places she had gone to. Often, at the end of one of her conversations, she'd had gotten some out of even the most shy creatures. She wondered then if anyone would use such a gift for a bad cause. She'd never do such a thing, she hoped...

When she was alive? So... she isn't anymur? She questioned carefully, ears draping slightly over the back of her skull. She didn't remember much of her own, biological mother and she'd definitely never learned anything from her like healing or singing or even dancing. 'M sorry... 'Can't say much 'bout mothers, dun't really remember mine. Ya see; 'm adopted. Perhaps that would comfort him in a way he'd want to talk about it. Talking always helped her, so surely it worked with him and Genie and any other wolf she met.

Ya should toads seek her out sum time! She's awesome! She commented to lighten the mood, and though she was putting up some standards up for Genie in this guy's book, she really wasn't lying. Thanks to Genie, she had a place to rest and recover and they had a great time!
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
22 Posts
Ooc —
Away

Unlike the girl, Mattias had never been one to talk.  He had been one to chastise, to lecture when necessary but leisurely discussion came about as easily to him as prying teeth.  But this was not fear, was not anxiety, was not a shy personality.  He was blunt and unapologetically quiet.

He shrugged.  It was not an intrusive question.  He had never been close with his mother (he was too black-and-white for her idealistic tendencies); it was his sister he missed.  No, she's not.  He tilted his head at the dainty lady's profession.  Adopted?  In Keening Sound, many of the (single) women raised their families together, so this was not uncommon but he had never experienced it personally. Good that you have one, though.  He gave her a bit of a wry smile and shrugged once again as she suggested he make even more attempts at socializing.

Hah.  Maybe if they ran into each other, but he wasn't going to seek her out.  He was unsure of how well-recepted his presence was going to be, especially after running off the well-liked sister of his.  Maybe, he offered, trying to quell her like a tired mother would a wheedling child; not without care but definitely not a sure answer of anything.

Trying to turn the conversation away from this friend that the lady was pushing on him, he quickly followed it up with a How long do you plan on staying?  She reminded him oh-so-much of his littlest sister and it hurt him in a way, but for whatever reason the pain was also .. comforting in its own way.

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She tipped her head and pouted at his bluntness. He didn't seem sad about it, or was he just trying to be a tough guy for her? He really didn't have to do that, she kinda liked guys showing feelings. He was like Arturo in that sense, except a little more quiet. Lotte would've probably preferred him like this, but Chusi did not. Yeah - they're great! She chipped, her smile returning when talking about her family. 'They popped out sum pops a while back too! Ya have ta see them ta believe how cute they are! She told with a fond expression as she thought of the lumps of meat and fur they had been once they had been born. They were a lot bigger now, perhaps even more so than she remembered.

She rolled towards him with a giggle, looking up to him with a grin. Why not fur sure? She asked. Genie herself was rather awkward as well, so maybe they could teach each other stuff. She wanted to help her girlfriend out, even more so now that she was allowed into her very home. Rannoch was awesome too. Hell, this guy was awesome, even though she didn't even know his name yet.

She lifted herself up a bit, purring a seductive statement. Depends on tha wolves I meet. Her brows rose in a flirty manner. She wiggled her shoulders to satisfy on itch. 'Got any handsum friends? He probably didn't seeing he was unsure of meeting Genie, and Chusi was indeed just playing around a bit, but hey; she'd take every chance she got to meet more wolves her age.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
22 Posts
Ooc —
Away

Again with that pout.  He wondered what he did to upset her and felt a sense of guilt that had not plagued him since — nevermind, he shuts it out because lucky for him the girl continues on, chipper as ever.  The women of Keening Sound often had pups with them of various ages, born through various means.  He did have to admit though that children were cute, he assumes that it is something biologial but lingers on it no more. Are they... are you excited to have siblings?

He moves closer as she rolls towards him, laying down next to her.  He figures if she is going to rein him in with conversation he might as well be comfortable — he was surely going to be here a while.  I don't uh, I don't know anyone.  Here.  It is a question he is entirely unprepared and mostly unwilling to answer.  He certainly had no male friends but he'd had sisters (at one point).  Can I ask a favor?

The leviathan almost didn't ask it; he had no right to know of Brienne and her whereabouts (although he had an idea of them).  I do have a sister.  Brien- uh, Seabreeze.  That was what she went by now. She ran off with someone to start their pack.  I ran.. I ran her off, kind of.  Whatever. Anyway, if you see her can you.. let me know she's okay?

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
O' course! She chipped, ears whipping up and flailing down again. 'Can't remembur a time where I had siblings 'till they were born. A vague form, warm and tiny, often haunted some of the memories she had kept from her very early childhood, but that could have been anything. As far as Chusi knew, she had no sisters or brothers that were blood-related to her. How could she know? They were separated even before they could see relatively well, and she hadn't spent enough time with her mother to know the real truth. Who was her father? Did she have more than one litter? Who was she really? A Fearghal, heir of Teaghlaigh.

Then what about ya? She asked, smirking as she leaned a bit closer. She couldn't keep the act up for long though as she begun giggling. Just messin' with ya - dad doesn't like mah taste in boys anyways. It was true; anytime she had even remotely mentioned a boy of her age he became all defensive over her. It was as if he truly believed that no one was good enough for her. Her posture and expression became more serious as he wanted to ask a favor. Since she believed them to be friends of a sort, she wanted to do it. Anything within her power.

Seabreeze. What an interesting name it was. Strange how she now knew his sister's name, but not the one he was given. What he asked of her wasn't much, at least it didn't seem like it to her, but it could mean the world to him. An empathetic look settled over her pretty face. A new pack? Settlin' befur winter? Then they can't be far. She knew more than anyone that starting packs was a great deal. You didn't have time to be picky, so anything close to the vale that could home a set of wolves comfortably would do. I will, for ya She promised then.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
22 Posts
Ooc —
Away

The woman slinks closer to him and he is unsure of the proper action to take — whoa there!  She had to know that he wouldn't make a very good romantic interest by the way he'd treated her so far.  Turns out that she was just joking anyway, and he was freed from the possibility of an awkward response. Oh?  And what is your taste in boys?  I will keep my eye out.. send them your way.  His words are light, almost... playful? as he indulges the girl.

He thinks for a moment that perhaps he has been too unkind in peering into her personal life.  Of course the gray girl would know nothing of her previous siblings. Cherish them, he muses, so long as they are good to you and your family.

Relief washes over him once the woman says she'll look out for his own kin, but his expression remains flat.  Perhaps it is better that she not know how much his sister's second disappearance from him meant.  From what I understand, they have settled so far southwest that they have nearly left the Teekons completely.  He wonders upset and somewhat angrily if she had fled so far because of him or if that is where her boyfriend (right?) had decided they would lay.  He huffs, brows knitting together with concern.  He'd fucked up, he knew it... but the ball was in his sister's court.  He never thought she would leave.

By the way, I am Mattias Kersey.  It was better for the woman to have a name to give his sister.

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Another set of chuckles brightened up her lively eyes as they fluttered closed, trying to remember just exactly that had attracted her to Ingram. Well, this one guy toads hated meh! 'Was so mean, tryin' to act all tough. She informed when she opened her eyes again. But, there was just somethin' 'bout him... - I dunno, perhaps I'm just crazy. She said, rolling her eyes with a bitter smile. The way she opened up to others might indeed be a sign she was totally cookidooks. But was there really a bad thing about that? He left before it could've been... y'know, somethin' more. Why? Hell if she knew. She bet that bloke didn't even know himself why he left the coast. Stupid Ingram with his stupid ways. He'd played her good.

She smiled sincere then at his... advice? More common sense, but she appreciated it nonetheless. Her siblings and family were the only real thing that kept her tied to Teaghlaigh. I wish I could stay here, with Genie and The Giant and even Rannoch wasn't bad. The wolves of the Vale were her kind of wolves, she had realized now, but her own home was so far...

A brow raised in a confused, flabbergasted fashion. That's stoopid. She commented bluntly, truly not trying to offend. Southwest... That could be near Teaghlaigh, and dad really didn't like interacting with other packs. Probably settled near to mah home - I could toads sniff 'em out, once I'm done with this trip. She informed matter-of-factly.

Chusi - Chusi Fearghal. She introduced herself with a rather bold smile, proud of her name and all she had achieved. The name would stick with the Teekon forever, she knew.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
22 Posts
Ooc —
Away

The giant honestly knew little to nothing about romantic feelings; he honestly did not even know if he were capable of such things.  A deep rumble settled in his chest as she told him the story of her previous lover — he could not imagine someone being unkind to her!  I am sorry. Maybe it was for the best.  The man was not naive enough to believe that everyone would end up in a happy mateship or that they even deserved one, but he sort-of hoped that Chusi could find someone.

I am not fond of where they chose to make their home either.  It is so far from the Vale,so far from me, but again he mused, perhaps that was the point. How will you let me know what you have found?  Do you.. intend on returning to the Vale?  Mattias was a man of little pleasure but he had undoubtedly been content to accompany the lass.  I believe that I might seek the Scout trade for myself.  Maybe we will meet again, outside of here.

Chusi.  Again, what a bizarre name (bizarre accent, bizarre persona) but he said it out loud, Chusi Fearghal, the husky timbre of his voice rumbling over her heavy name. Pleasure to make your acquaintence.

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She scrunched up her upper lip, eyes darting to the ground. Ingram, as she knew him to be, wasn't exactly what she sought in a man either. She had just been so sure there had been more behind him - behind that mask, that facade he had put up. Unraveling him had become her mission even before she noticed, and waking up to a world without that single unfinished goal still haunted her. He had been a quest - right? In no way could she have actually loved the brute, mean, viscous son of a...-. The giant was right, for now, but one day she would prove he hadn't just been a dickhead. One day. A pained look towards him was the answer he got, Chusi wanting to leave the topic be until she'd find him again.

Her face lit up then, as if she hadn't been on her lowest just moments ago. It was a rare quality she possessed; masking her own feelings even from herself to appear as chipper as a... What was as chipper as her? O' course! Genie lives 'ere, ya live 'ere - it'd be a crime notta come by 'gain! She answered. That'd be after winter, probably; she didn't see Arturo allowing her to leave Teaghlaigh in the winter. She was a Spring child, a rather fragile one, and of course he wanted to protect her. That'd be nice. She answered with a sweet smile.[/q]

Her name, Chusi, was the only thing that had stuck with her since her early days. Many would have changed it to something else - to let it be their true, definitive moment of departure. But... Chusi was Chusi. Perhaps not a Gorgon anymore, but she'd hate to give up her true name. She liked it and that was all that mattered. Nice ta meettya too! She chipped, never having been one of fancy words.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
22 Posts
Ooc —
Away

Wrap this up soon?  We can make another before Chusi leaves if you'd like.

The look that crossed her face upset him once more and he rumbed an assurance at her.  He had not intended to pry so deeply into her personal life, and the statements he had offered were not supposed to hurt her.  The giant drops the subject and makes a mental note not to be so invasive.

He smiles again as the sunlight bubbles up again in her eyes.  He kept mentioning this Genie, perhaps he'd have to meet her after all.  Good.  I look forward to meeting you again, Chusi.

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
That'd be awesome! She's prolly leaving on the first of September and most of her threads in the Vale need to be backdated due to the timeline. I'll start one up for us whenever I have time to figure it all out :)

A rather broken smile was given. It was only then she realized Mattias was probably a very cuddly form of a beast. She grinned then, pearly whites flashing in the sunlight, tail thumping on the ground. Wanna nap? She asked. Even before he had come had she felt tired, but sleeping always faired her better with someone next to her.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
22 Posts
Ooc —
Away

Her question comes to him suddenly.  Much like everything else about the girl, it surprised him, but he brushed against her gently, almost intimately, and touched his nose to her.  Sure.

The pair lay nestled on the sun-dappled ground and it was not long before the giant dozed off, chest rising and falling peacefully as the afternoon wore away.