Redhawk Caldera Back to report... nothing.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Private 
@Elwood ( & @Andalusia feel welcome too in this thread as she traveled with him! But this is just a general report back to Elwood about their travels <3)

Sebastian had already been tired when he teamed up with Andalusia at Silvertip Mountain, currently, he was even more tired. Not that Andalusia was to blame for that. He barely could rest. The male was impatient to find out if Pearl and Nova were back at the Caldera. As he had been traveling home his hope was growing. He howled for his alpha, Elwood specifically as he allowed them to go on this trip.

Sebastian sniffed the borders, wondering if there was Pearl's scent or Nova's scent. But none of the two were there. Sebastian felt so disappointed and sagged through his legs. He had traveled all those miles and they still weren't home. The only good thing about this trip was that he talked with Mato. The cold ground felt good under his tired body. He closed his eyes for a moment but as soon as he did, pictures of Nova and Pearl in danger sprang into his mind.

The big gray male jerked up and pushed himself into a sitting position. Though, it was a slumped sitting position. It gave away more than enough information that he had failed to find his daughter and mate. He was heartbroken. At least he had two other children he could focus on or so he thought...
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Elwood looked up from the nearly-empty cache he had been examining, his ears turning to listen to Sebastian's call. He was glad to hear that his friend had returned safely, and could only hope that he had good news. Of course, if he had his missing family members with him, that would be wonderful -- but it could also pose a problem. He had noticed that prey was growing scarce, and he had to wonder if it was due to their swollen ranks. The land could only sustain so many wolves, and they had been over their usual limit for some time.

Shaking his head and putting those thoughts in the back of his mind for now, Elwood began to seek out Sebastian. He found him near the borders, his shoulders hunched and his head hanging low. His body language gave Elwood all the information he needed: he hadn't been successful in his search for his mate and his children. Gnawing on the inside of his lip, Elwood approached quietly, his tail drooping between his hind legs and his ears splayed to the side.

"You're back," he said, lowering himself to his haunches next to Sebastian. "You didn't find them?" he queried softly.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian lifted his head when he heard footsteps. He slowly shook his head. "I did not. No sign of Pearl and Nova anywhere," she spoke with a long sigh. The gray male looked upset. Sebastian let out a long sigh and battered his blue eyes at Elwood with a depressed expression. "I ran into Mato though, my other son. He knows where I am, and he is off to find his own pack. I asked about your daughter, Liffey. He said that she was okay but didn't know her well enough to tell me more. I am sorry," he spoke.

Sebastian didn't know that Elwood's daughter visited him. Sebastian felt a bit of a failure as a scout. He hadn't been able to locate his wife and daughter, nor did he find more information about Elwood's daughter. Sebastian swallowed thickly. At least he hoped to see Benjamin and Ivy soon. He could use some comfort by his other two children. "Other than that, there is not much to report. I was only surprised that there was no scent at the Silvertip Mountain. There was a pack there once, but seeing how all scents of a border vanished it makes me believe they have moved away a long time ago." As he spoke the male's voice sounded a bit monotone.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Elwood's heart went out to his friend. He knew all too well the pain of losing loved ones unexpectedly; he had been lucky to have Finley return after her disappearance, but would probably never see Lucy again. Rather than comment on Sebastian's inability to find Pearl and Nova, he simply shifted so that he could press his nose against his companion's shoulder briefly.

There was a bit of good news, however; Elwood was glad to hear that Sebastian had connected with Mato. While Sebastian didn't have detailed information about Liffey, Elwood wouldn't have held it against him even if she had not recently visited Redhawk Caldera herself. He nodded as the grey male went on, speaking of the vacancy of Silvertip Mountain. Elwood briefly wondered about FitzDutiful and where life had carried him, but the thought was fleeting; he was more focused on his own packmate.

"I'm so sorry that you didn't find them. Maybe they'll make their way back to us eventually," he said, hoping that his words would ring true. "Thank you for telling me about Silvertip. Liffey actually paid us a visit here not too long ago, with her Alpha, Rannoch," he added with a small smile.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian took some support from the nudge on his shoulder. He let out a sad sigh and slowly nodded. He hoped too that they would return to him but he wasn't convinced they would. It seemed he had been abandoned. He felt terrible. "Oh. I'm glad she visited you," he returned. He was glad for his friend that he didn't need to worry about his daughter. Sebastian's brief smile was quickly dropped. He couldn't really smile.

"How have things been here? The old grump still alive?," he asked. Not that he cared that much for his dad, but he was still his dad. They made up, sort of. He knew his kids did like their grandpa for some reason. That reminded him that he wanted to see Benjamin and Ivy. He shouldn't be too depressed about what he lost. He still had two other kids he could focus on.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
The corners of Elwood's lips didn't remain upturned for long. Although he was certainly happy to have seen Liffey -- especially since it had cleared up his own confusion about the state of their relationship -- he could understand how that news would be bittersweet to Sebastian.

The conversation moved on naturally then, and Elwood nodded at the mention of Sebastian's father. The elderly male and his mate both seemed to keep to themselves, which was fine by him. "Burke's still around here somewhere," he said with a chuckle, then sobered to address the other part of Sebastian's inquiry. "Things here have been fine -- I'm getting a little concerned about our food supply, though."

He paused, frowning slightly. "Prey seems scarce. I'm hoping that it's not a long term thing, but just be aware. You might have more success hunting outside of the caldera for a while." It was the first time he had really spoken of it, and he feared that it would only continue to get worse with time.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian scrunched up his face for a moment when the other spoke about his father still being alive. He had the feeling his dad was going to live forever. He didn't deliberately want him dead. He did care for him in some way, but still. Sebastian didn't have that good of a relationship with his father.

Elwood then started about the food shortage. Sebastian frowned in worry and nodded. He grew more serious. "Oh no. I will try and use my tracker skill to maybe find some prey outside of the territory. I will help when I can Elwood. Call me if you need me to hunt," he spoke.

The male then thought of something. 'We shouldn't forget the fish. Very rich in nutrients and not bad either. My family can fish well. Pearl and I---," he stopped as he realized she wasn't by his side anymore. "Um. Yeah. Well, I can help fish, and teach your family as well if you like that." He recovered but it still hurt.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
If Elwood didn't know Sebastian's history with his father, he would have been surprised at the other male's expression. But despite the fact that Sebastian and Burke were co-existing in the same pack -- and had for some time -- he knew they had quite a complicated past and that their relationship was not the typical father-son bond.

He appreciated Sebastian's offer to continue to help support the pack. Now that he had returned, there was another mouth to feed, but also a capable body and a willing soul. Part of Elwood felt bad that Sebastian's family had come to Redhawk Caldera in their time of need, only to experience another strain on their resources; but another piece of him was glad to have Sebastian among his ranks, because he had never met a more hard-working wolf.

"Fishing -- that's a good idea," Elwood said. "Would you like to do some fishing now? You could give me some tips," he offered, hoping both to replenish the dwindling caches and lift Sebastian's spirits.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian smiled at Elwood. He would love to fish but he was super tired from his traveling. "If you don't mind I would rather go in a few days. I am very weary from my traveling and I would like to see Benjamin and Ivy first," he admitted. He knew he could tell such things to Elwood. He would understand. Sebastian offered a smile to him, but one that knew him could see that he was tired.

"When my mind is fresh I feel like I could help you better," he also added, though he didn't think Elwood would be that difficult about it. He wanted to sleep without having to look over his shoulder and just see his children he had left.

I was thinking to end the thread here and then have then fish where Seb also tells that Burke left etc? :D
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Sounds great! :D

"Ah, I understand," Elwood said, nodding his head quickly. And he truly did get it; he wouldn't begrudge Sebastian for wanting to rest up and have some alone time. Surely the male was emotionally and physically exhausted. "I'll let you get settled, then. See you later," he added, reaching out to touch Sebastian's shoulder again before departing.