Dragoncrest Cliffs The Weak are Curel
The Weak are Cruel, the Strong have no Need to be.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
All Welcome 
come one, come all! Relish in the angst of Shalon! ALL welcome :)

She stood over the cliffs, looking down at the ominous fall. Her silver orbs tracing the waves as they crashed upon the earth. She scowled at the earth, thinking of times past. Of Alder, and Aspen, her leaders. Or what they used to be. She couldn't stop the anger that welled in her chest. Stamping her paw against the hard rock, she dropped her head letting it hang, her snout amost touching the ground. She stood in the territory of another, under the command of another. And yet she could find no fault in it. Slowly, inch by inch, her anger shifted from rage at her previous King and Queen, to despair in her herself. She found herself lacking in everyway that mattered. She had failed her packmates, and finding herself in with this new pack only made her realize why she had run in the first place.

Running, was easier than facing her own demons. Running, was easier, it was always easier. As a counselor, Shalon knew she had to let it all go, in order to move on with her life. To be truly happy. Yet she found that she couldn't take her own advice. Her eyes shut softly, as water welled in her eyes. Her hearth pounding, Shalon was lost on how to prover her loyalty to the pack she had found and her let her stay, when she could even find the strength to be loyal to herself.
✶☽ victory stands on the back of sacrifice ☾✶
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
129 Posts
Ooc —
Bobby was exploring the territory when he caught onto a new scent. He'd smelled her around some, but never seen her. The elusive new member of Drageda. Being a hunter and scout in training, Bobby just had to track her, and track he did. He followed her scent all the way to the Dragoncrest cliffs themselves, then he stopped at the edge of the forest line. He was a bold pup, and he didn't mind going out to the edge of the cliffs like the woman was, but his mom's would be furious if he did, probably even more so than when he left the territory without asking.

So from where he stood, he barked out to her, You gonna jump? He was legitimately worried, because she looked kind of sad.

one Bobbin for you!
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
She jumped, startled out of her self-pity. She lifted her head slightly, and looked over her shoulder at the young male. Shalon had scented him earlier, however, as with so many of the others in her new home she had yet to formally introduce herself. Hell of a way to say hello, She thought to herself with a grimace. She gave a small huff, through her snout and shook her head. "No I am not going to jump." The woman threw one more look over the cliffs, before turning away from them, and sauntered over to the pup.

Clearing her throat of the akwardness of the situation, and trying to give herself time to compose herself, Shalon looked took in the apperance of Bobby. "I am Shalon." She was never sure how to interact with young ones, she had avoided the pups from the Royal Fire Court, the only other pack she had been part of. It just wasn't her style, she wasn't sure if she would ever have any of her own, perhaps if she met the right person. However that wasn't something she muched cared for, she didn't need anymore rejection. "The cliffs are dangerous, it was good of you not to come any closer." She held akwardness in her tone, not particularily sure what to say. The melancholy of moments ago still lingered in her visage, and made for an unfortunate first impression.
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
129 Posts
Ooc —
Good. Bobby thought, then let a smile come to his face. He trotted a little bit forwards now, seeing as the woman didn't come any closer. She introduced herself as Shalon, her tone a bit awkward. It was almost as if she didn't know how to talk to him. Uh oh, was she adulting him? He hoped not, because he hated being adulted. He wanted her to talk to him as if he was a fully grown boy, not some pint sized pup! He decided to go ahead and introduced himself, Bobbin. He replied, and glanced behind her at the cliffs.

At her next comment, Bobbin frowned. So she was adulting him. He knew the cliffs were dangerous, that's why he'd asked and made sure she wasn't going to jump off them. Yeah I know. I'm not dumb. He pouted, sitting down and curling his black tail around his paws.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
The quick tilt of her head signalled that Shalon had indeed heard the young male, "No I suppose you aren't." She smiled, a genuine smile that for a moment drove away the sadness in her thoughts. "Well, it's a pleasure to meet you Bobbin." The smile still tugged at her maw, as she thought his presence over.

She cleared her throat, obviously coming to a conclusion, "I am not going to treat you as a child." Shalon told it to him straight, prefering to tell him upfront. "There doesn't seem to be a point, considering you'll almost be an adult yourself. How old are you?" She could tell that he wasn't yet a year old, however she figured he should learn. Vaguely Shalon wondered who his parents were and if they would appreciate her statement of not.
Shalon's Pawprints 
129 Posts
Ooc —
Shalon was polite at least, so Bobby didn't mind her that much. He nodded when she said it was a pleasure to meet him, then stood and trotted a little closer to her before sitting down and returning the the same position. The next thing she said, made Bobby's eyes lighten, and he thought for a second how crazy it was that she seemed to read his thoughts. He was very glad she'd figured him out though, it would make their relationship a lot less frustrating to him. She said he was basically an adult and asked how old he was.

Five months! I'll be six in... some days. He said, proud of that coming accomplishment, whenever that was. How old are you? Forty? Bobby asked, highkey teasing her but lowkey serious. He didn't really know how long wolves lived, and for all he knew, his own mom's were billions of years old.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon nodded at the boy young man, "Almost 6 months hey." She looked him over again with her silver orbs, appreciating his youth, absorbing the energy she had been lacking. Until his second statement. In which case her smile dropped, and she looked over at the young man with a more piercing look. "Forty?" She visibly deflated after her own reideration, she wasn't made persay, just stunned. "Do I look that old to you?" While it was an exagerration, Shalon hadn't thought she looked so old. "I am only 5, Bobbin. Generally wolves don't live much longer than 10 years old." Saying such things aloud made her realize that her life was half over. "I suppose I am rather old, especially to someone who is only six months old."

She tried to let the feeling go, that fact that she was 5 years old was a daunting realization. "I guess," Shalon spoke softly, "my life is half over." A challenging topic to bring forward to a young one, however perhaps it was only the young that could make you feel young again.
Shalon's Pawprints 
129 Posts
Ooc —
Shalon absolutely didn't appreciate Bobby's joke, but still he giggled a bit. It was pretty funny, and he learned something. Apparently wolves did not live to be forty. They usually only lived to ten. That was a pretty sad thought, but it only made him more excited to live in the present. After he'd had enough teasing, he replied, No you don't look that old. I was just messing with you. Her next comment after that though meant Bobbin feel pretty darn bad. Especially when he saw the daunted look on her face.

Still trying to get over the original funniness of it all, Bobbin inched forwards, stifling a chuckle as he tried to console her. Hey! You've lived half your life sure but did it feel long? Imagine, you got a whole 'nother one of those to live! He said, his tail wagging a bit. He was a very smart boy, and sometimes he used his wits for good. Sometimes he used it for mischief. Usually he alternated, as he did now.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon looked over at the young pup, "Indeed I do young man." She started walking back in from the cliff, it would be better to stay away from the edge of the precarious edge. She flicked her head, letting him know that he should follow her, lest he be left out there on his own. "Let me give you some advice." She almost laughed to herself, feeling very much the old crazy woman of the pack all of a sudden. "Don't let life slip you by, ok. My life is half over, don't be like me and wish that you could go back."

She gave him another smile, "Why don't you show me around, young man?" Shalon gave a much needed distraction from her current mindscape. It wasn't the mentality needed when conversing with a pup. "Who are you're parents anyway? I'm assuming they live here within Drageda?" She was blunt, and figured she might aswell embrace her aging process and take advantage of the elder card for everything she had.

lol im totally going to make Shalon the crazy old cliff lady! hahaha
Shalon's Pawprints 
129 Posts
Ooc —
I love it <3

Bobbin nodded at Shalon's advice, it was advice that really stuck with him. It also would be his future justification as to why he did some of the stuff he did. He could imagine it now; Nomi catches him sneaking out to explore and he explains, "Shalon told me to live life to the fullest so that's what I'm doing." He decided that he really liked Shalon, and he didn't want her to go. She was very wise obviously.

Sure. He said nonchalantely when she asked him to show her around. He began trotting back away from the cliffs, further into Drageda territory. She asked him who his parents were, and Bobby wondered for a second how she didn't know. Thur and Wildfire. I haven't seen Wildfire in a little bit though. She's out exploring. He said, then just because he was proud he added, Thur is the Heda in case you didn't know.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
Shalon nodded her head,  "Yes I have met your mother, Heda Thuringwethil. I am aware of her position, and importance within the pack." She continued to lead them in from the cliff. "I have yet to met Wildfire though, I'm sure she'll be back with some amazing stories to tell." Shalon smiled at Bobby, glad to have met the young man.

"So are you going to be an explorer like her one day? Or are you going to be a warrior like Heda?" She was genuinely curious about where his interests lay.
Shalon's Pawprints