Northstar Vale I don't wanna miss a beat
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Private 
Takes place on the 2th of August - for @Titmouse @Mouse or maybe even @Rannoch <3

It was a nice day in the Vale again, though Chusi was rather exhausted from her latest hunt. While she was sure to eat some of what she had caught, she didn't eat much, leaving perhaps a little too much food than neccesary for the wolves of the Vale. The more the merrier, she thought and hoped that Rannoch really was okay with this all. If asked, she would basically gather anything they needed; herbs, berries, focking stick - name it and she was ready to get it. As long as I can stay here for a while. While Mattias' herb mixture had eased the pain, the cracks in her pads still had to heal more before she could confidently return to her adventure. Not that hunting was helping that much.

She sighed a long sigh as she flopped down on the ground, sniffing in the grass for a while as her ocher eyes blinked and eventually closed.
138 Posts
Ooc — mini
Though lately Remi had been keeping a bit to himself, for no particular reason other than he sometimes liked to indulge on the silence and tranquility that being alone brought, he never neglected his duties as a member of the Vale - he patrolled, hunted and tended the borders from time to time. But after a few days of this quiet retreat, Remi began to crave having someone to at least comment about the weather. Or that would laugh at his (bad) jokes.

He'd already met some if not most of his packmates, but aside from Rannoch, none had woken the same sense of comradery  inside the creamy Ostrega. He thought of searching for the Frostfur now he came to mind, but as he lowered his head to the ground take a whiff of the scents that lingered an unfamiliar one caught his attention. His nose twitched in curiosity and after a heartbeat he set out to track the stranger. 

Soon he found it.
Found her.
Though she did not seem threatening at all, in fact she was laying down which placed her in a rather vulnerable position, Remi approached with caution, his tail raised behind him and his ears pricked. She wore a lush dark coat, a complete contrast to he light colored Ostrega. As he closed the distance between him and the sleeping beauty, Remi tried to make out what he was facing: an intruder or a packmate? She had the faintest trace of Rannoch's own scent on her. Because he could not be sure, he decided not to show any hostility nor particular friendliness yet. Just simple cordiality.

After reaching what he considered to be a prudent distance, the Ostrega gave a small bark of "Hello", then, waiting for the other to react he let the tip of his tail twitch a bit - a premature apology in case she got startled by his greeting.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She wasn't really sleeping just yet as she was spotted, just on that bridge between dreams and trying to get to sleep. Already did the forms of strange, light colors dance across her eyelids - illuminating the blackness. She always found it resembled a shower of butterflies, though in slow-motion. She was ready to sleep too, said her body and mind, but perhaps she should've picked a more... homier space to have tried this.

Ocher eyes fluttered open, long lashes blinking away the sleep and muscles pulling her from the other world she had longed for all day. Luckily, Chusi didn't suffer from grumpiness after being woken up, just confusion for a while. Huh? Didn't hear ya, were ya callin' for meh? She mumbled as she wiped her muzzle with a paw, satisfying an itch. The eye closest to the sun was nearly closed as she looked at the young man that had asked for her attention. At least, she thought he had.

Now that she was fully on the other side again, she could focus on how he looked. With his gray and cream colour scheme she had almost confused him with Rannoch, but he wasn't as big and, to be totally honest, this guy was a lot more handsome. She shifted so she could lean on a shoulder and leg, exposing her belly as her tail gently thumped on the grass. Her expression was still a little dazed, but one could say she looked like she "liked what she was seeing".
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
138 Posts
Ooc — mini
The sleeping beauty squirmed, rousing from the drowsy state she had been submerged in and coming back to the surface with slow movements. Remi watched her attentively, his eyes not blind to the evident beauty of her face and features. "yeah, sorry to wake ya" he barked inmediately with the beginnings of a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. Again, the thought that she was harmless crossed his mind. And if she smelt like Rannoch, even if faintly, she must be a friend and not a foe right?

"but i think i haven't met you yet" he noted, his head canting slightly to the side as his smile grew wider - he too liked what he was seeing. "my name is Mouse Ostrega" he added, dipping his nose as he pronounced his last name and oferring the girl a quick swish of his tail. 
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi really had no malicious intentions nor did she feel like she was taking advantage of Rannoch's hospitality. She was just here to rest her cracked feet and enjoy the company of wolves her age. Surprisingly, Teaghlaigh didn't really hold any "teens" like herself in its ranks (at least, not that she knew) , even though she wished they did. She'd rather missed having yearlings around.  She grinned then. Ah, dun't be sorry - shoulda picked a den 'r somethin'. She answered, seemingly waving the excuses away with a paw.

She chuckled then. Of course they hadn't met, she would've remembered such a cute guy. Her own promise still stood as well; Should she meet a wolf she wanted to spend her life with, she'd only return to Teaghlaigh to report. And, of course, to visit her siblings. She was independent now, not just daddy's little, pretty girl who's only purpose was to be like her father. She smirked. This felt right. Not really frum 'round here. 'Don't intend ta stay for too long either - 'wouldn't ask tha' of Rannoch. She answered. If he wanted to know more, he should ask her - she liked the sound of his voice. Mouse? Like the animal? She guessed she could see where he got that name from. Fearghal - Chusi Fearghal. Nice'ta meetcha. She chipped, dipping her muzzle in this same fashion.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
138 Posts
Ooc — mini
Inmediately, she too allowed her face to beam with a smile. She waved her paw in the air and Remi too let a chuckle erupt from his mouth. He also liked napping in the open from time to time, sleeping au naturale was somehow refreshing. Since she proved to be unbothered by his presence, he allowed gravity to pull his bottom to the ground as he took a seat. 

"oh" he let out as she confirmed she was not from here and not planning to stay ( :(  ) and so therefore that she was not part of the Vale. "where are you from then?" he asked, a genuine curiosity flickering inside his crystalline eyes - which only grew when she went on to mention Rannoch. Judging by the way she spoke of him, the fact that he was ok with her being within the pack's territory was implicit, so Remi did not question the intentions of apparent guest. 

"Pleased to meet you too, Chusi Fearghal" he barked, his tail thumping against the ground as he gave her another smile. 
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
It seemed was a good mix of Genie and Mattias - the only wolves she had really "met met" in the Vale. He had Genie's friendliness while the more poised and calm traits of the giant. Sure, there had to be more to him, but just this made her feel a whole lot more comfortable. It seemed he felt the same way, seeing how he sat down. Her eyes fluttered to the ground as she raised into a sitting position as well, finding it rude just to lie there. Mattias had found it alright, but he towered above anyone so perhaps he was just used to looking down on others?

Well, ya know tha' otha row of mountains? Yeah, I live just behind 'em. She said with a slight gesture to where she thought they'd be, over the walls of the vale. Teaghlaigh, her home forever... Well, 'till she decided to leave for another adventure. She decided to tell more, seeing how Mouse's eyes seemed to light up. While she had never truly thought about it, she now decided that blue-ish eyes were her favorite. Ya see, I'm on'an adventure - aaalll across Teekon. This is kinda a stop fur meh, seeing how I cracked mah paws 'n all. She mentioned her injury casually, seeing how they really didn't hurt that much anymore. Mattias' medicine had worked - whatever had been in that mush was heavenly. She lifted one front paw and turned it to the best of her abilities to show him she wasn't lying.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
138 Posts
Ooc — mini
Had he known who he reminder her of, Remi would've fallen over in disbelief. Not only at the fact that one of his traits would be linked to one of the chocolate furred medic but at the fact that Chusi knew Genie as well, though she knew something he still ignored. That she was part of the Vale unlike the dark coated girl in front of him. 

She tried to explain where her home was, and though he had not travelled far enough - not even before joining the Vale- he could identify the mountain range she was referring to. "what's it called?" he asked, his eyes diverting from her briefly to take a glance at the horizon before returning to her. "i also come from a far away place" he added, though she hadn't asked or expressed interest in his stories yet, it only felt right to share a little after she did. 

She then offered an explanation to her travels, and again, Remi was impressed. He too had a fesity adventurous spirit - that, well among other things, was what had lured him out his home, Havana Pier. "do you know where you wanna go next?" he asked, his eyes then narrowing as she mentioned and showed him the remains of her injury. "ouch" he offered, not knowing really what else to say seeing that asking her if she was better was stupid as she did seem to be healing well. 
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
A flash of another meeting with a boy shot before her eyes. Ingram pronouncing her pack's name wrong, how he had not understood the language of her sister. But it was no time to dwell on it now! Mouse deserved all her attention right now, and she was not to be distracted by the past yet again. She just had to listen to Mattias and Genie when it came to that. Forget about it and move on.

Teaghlaigh - i' means "Family". She answered him. But we ain't all related. In fact, I'm adopted. She said cheerily, founding it not a bad thing she was. She loved her new family more than she could have ever loved her "real" one. Her ears pressed forward in interest. Where ya frum? She asked then.

She shook her head with a grin. That was the fun part of being on an adventure; she didn't know what was awaiting her. Though, 'have an idea which direction I'm goin'. The otha side of these mountains. She answered. She shook her head yet again at his "ouch". Don't hurt anymore. She reassured. She smirked then. Some real pretty wolves live 'ere, dontcha think? Got any lady friends? She really didn't shy away from asking these questions.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
138 Posts
Ooc — mini
With his ears pressed forward and his eyes fluttering from the girl's lips back to her ochre eyes, he listened as she gave away her pack's name, a foreign word that Mouse could not decide if it sounded beautiful because of its exotic nature or because of how she pronounced it. With a pride that cannot be feigned. For that, he did not even try to repeat after her, sure that he'd make no justice to it and probably get his tongue tied up in the process.

"what language is it?" he asked instead, a small glimmer in his crystalline eyes revealing the genuine interest that had sparked within him. "I'm from a place near the coast called Havana Pier. Far away." he barked with a small smile. Sure, he too was proud of his origins, he was proud of the way his parents had built the Pier from nothing, he loved the beach and the ocean. But he did not show the same pride in his eyes that Chusi did - there were things about home he would've rather forget. Guilts that did not rest.
But that was another thing. 

"i am thinking of taking a trip soon myself - but maybe ill go to the ocean first i dunno" he mused aloud. Truthfully this travelling idea had just popped into his head but as he too wanted to work towards becoming a scout he figured that was just what he would need to be doing sooner or later. He'd have to speak to Rannoch about it. 
Suddenly, as Remi was silently planning on when to seek out his friend and Alpha to discuss these matters the conversation took a twist that made Remi's train of thought crash and burn.

Girls.
Pretty girls.
That was enough to make any young guy lose focus right? Huh? what? where? he thought, as he narrowed his eyes pensively. Aside from Airi and Seabreeze (whose scent was no longer to be found) he hadn't met any of the Vale gals. Chusi was pretty, but she wasn't part of the Vale so.. 
"i don't" he answered a little shyly for no man wants to admit that on the lady department is... well there's nothing.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Honestly, she had never asked her father what language he spoke to come up with their pack's name. She had never desired to know, finding it to be far more... rose-like now she didn't know. Teaghlaigh had been her saving angel - knowing what it meant exactly would take away that magic and transform it back into a basic, boring pack. A thoughtful glance was cast at the clouds above before she shook her head and said; 'Don't know, father nevah told meh. She was an honest thing, and lying about her knowledge really wasn't something she would do. Another reason why Ingram and her would have never worked out.

She leaned in, sun-caught eyes sparkling with interest. Ya come from tha coast too?! While she hadn't been born there, she had spent a great portion of her life near the sea. She wasn't called the Butterfly of the Coast for nothing. Though everything had changed after the Blackfeather's attack on Teaghlaigh. Hate for those fuckers would forever stay in her heart, seeing that they had stripped her from her childhood memories.

She blew out some air with a smirk. Maybs I'll see ya there then. A challenge, of sorts, though also an invitation for another meeting whenever. If only Mouse would take Genie with him, then it really would be a reunion. The sprite of a woman had nestled itself nicely in her heart and Chusi wasn't planning on letting her out ever again.

She turned her head slightly to the side, blinking away some disbelief. How could tha' be? She asked with a smile.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
138 Posts
Ooc — mini
i absolutely love this thread & chusi

With a simple gesture, Chusi told him she had no answer for her father had never given her one either. He hummed in response, still a little intrigued but ultimately satiesfied with the answer of no answer (lol) he was given. "My mother tried to teach us spanish once" he mused, his shoulders slumping as he thought maybe the comment would seem off topic to the girl. "she is a mexican wolf, a feisty señorahe added to give a bit more context, his pronunciation a bit rusty. 

"Yeah!" he barked, his tail wagging behind him as he tried to picture Chusi running through the beach, jumping over the white foamy fingers of the waves as she went. "I miss it. sorta" he barked, his eyes never straying from her own. Then, as she playufully mused on the prospect of them meeting on the coast sometime in the future, Remi felt the fur along his spine prick and his heart thump harded inside his chest. "maybe" he repeated, his eyes narrowing and his lips twisting into somewhat of a flirty smile.

"right? i ask myself the same  ..... i mean but um i don't let it keep me awake at night" he barked, at first trying to act like a tough guy but then letting the soft mush of a boy he still was slip through. "what about you huh? any of those pretty boys you say live around here your friend?" he asked almost instantly after giving his response. Sometimes the best way to answer a question was with another. 
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Really hope Mouse is staying around the Vale! Chusi is gonna join after her journey :p

Her eyes narrowed slightly, a soft frown settling on her features. She'd never heard Spanish before, nor did the name of the language ring a bell. It was funny though; her big sister had tried to teach her her own language too, but it had never stuck. Perhaps her non-Gorgon accent just wasn't cut out for speaking other languages than her own broken English. señora? Wha' does tha mean? She asked instantly. Her guess was that it either meant woman or wolf, but it might as well mean tree or something. Some weird family tradition, maybe?

She grinned brightly, shaking a bit to let some excitement out, nearly squealing. Of course Mouse missed it too; the coast was amazing. Even the sand between her toes did she find a familiar, comfortable feeling. And the salty smell - oh my, how she missed that smell. I think everyone who lived there misses i'. She sighed with a fond expression. They had something in common - perhaps more if they kept talking. Includin' meh. She nodded, lashes flashing by her eyes every now and then. She quickly raised and lowered her brows, a wry smile nearly imitating  his own. They'd definitely meet now.

She chuckled, though tried not to make it seem like she was mocking him or anything. She wasn't really that kind of player. He was cute. They say love just... happens. 'Prolly wise not ta turn inta  an insomniac 'bout it. She teased. She got less "cocky" at his question for a moment, though quickly put her muzzle in air, closing her eyes. No one's caught mah eye yet. She let on, returning her gaze to his crystal orbs.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
138 Posts
Ooc — mini
he's not planning to leave anytime soon!

He couldn't help but laugh at her reaction, it reminded him of his own lively curiosity during his mother's spanish lessons. "it means 'woman'" he answer with a smile, "y tú eres una señoritahe barked, his pronunciation getting a bit more on point as he began to lose the shyness that had momentarily taken refuge inside of him. "linda señorita" he added daringly, his tail wagging non stop as if it had suddenly grown a brain of its own. 

Then, with excited yips she mentioned she too missed the coast, and Remi gave her another big smile. Her energy was contagious and the games they kept playing with this girl or boy friend questions was making the creamy Ostrega feel a lot more playful and coquettish than usual. He appreciated she did not him out on his previous answer but decided to make a light hearted joke instead. "no?" he asked as she revealed that no one had caught her eye, "well, as you said... you'll just have to wait till it...happens" he barked, realizing now that Chusi's words were a lot wiser than they seemed. There were things that just couldn't be forced. 
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Her assumptions had been right, and even though he laughed, she couldn't feel more proud. Still, her giggles soon found a way to compliment his laughter that sounded oh so sunny. She wouldn't mind him waking her up every morning just with that laugh. He spoke more of his strange language, while she couldn't tell the difference between a good pronunciation and a bad one. Her ears wiggled for a bit. 'N tha means...? She asked. Linda Senuritos - oh, whatevah. She tried, quickly shaking her head. She usually didn't give up fast, but learning a new language had never been on her bucket list in the first place. She wondered what he had said though - what if he had called her a skank or told her her breath smelled?

A fake-thoughtful glance was cast on the sky above before they returned to him. Well, maybs just this one guy... She teased, trying to sound as serious as was possible for her (which wasn't really that serious). He's real handsome too - like, his eyes 're like ice crystals.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
138 Posts
Ooc — mini
She listened to him intently, as if he was revealing his innermost secrets, her ears twitching as if somehow the movement would help her decipher the meaning behing his mumbles. Yeah, she was definitely a linda señorita. "tú eres means 'you are....'" he began pausing before resuming the translation, "señorita is like little lady" he went on, it hadn't ocurred to him that maybe she thought he was cussing her out - maybe he shouldn't be making so many 'dramatic pauses' oops. "and linda is...... " he hesitated, not knowing whether to reveal the real meaning and risk her not appreciating his honesty or to take advantage of the girl's ignorance and go with something less risky.
"...pretty" he barked at last, a nervous shrug of his shoulder trying to play it as if it was no big deal. 

Then it was her turn, she looked at the clouds and Remi could not help but to follow her gaze. He too found answers up there as well. And it seemed she did find something - she began to gush about this one guy and Remi brought his eyes back to her as she began describing him. No, literally she began describing him. (or so the narcissist inside of him said)
Eyes like ice?

"oh, do i know him?" he played, it was not the most direct question because he did not want to cut the back and forth short but it would at least give him a hint. 
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She pressed closer, wanting to miss not even a split second of his explanations. She loved the way his lips moved, which was a weird thing for her to think about. Yet, when she noticed it, she couldn't stop thinking about it. She wondered how his frost tainted and ash covered fur would feel against hers and had to drag herself back into reality when he began deciphering his (for her) strange language. Pretty little lady. It took some time for her to realize he had just called her it and felt a blush coming onto her coal fur covered cheeks. She snort/laughed/chuckled, trying to play off her sudden nervousness. Ya go 'round callin' everyone pritty or is this a special occasion? She teased, obviously playing around to mask how amazing his compliment had made her feel.

She smirked then. I think ya know him pritty well - he lives 'ere too, after all. She said, leaning in a bit perhaps to make it more obvious it was him. She peered deeper into his eyes, nodding as if she had just concluded who the murderer was in a big case. Yes, I like his eyes best.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
138 Posts
Ooc — mini
If Chusi was nervous, Remi did not notice.
He was too busy being nervous himself. As she came closer, to listen and watch him speak, the creamy Ostrega was trying his absolute hardest not to get his tongue tied up and make a fool of himself. She let out a small giggle, and Remi, couldn't help but chuckle himself - that until she asked her next question.
Fuck.  He knew this was one of girl's trick questions to which there is simply to good answer, he didn't know Chusi was not being serious, but hopefully she wouldn't take the last bit of his answer too seriously either. 

"umm, no i don't call everyone or  just anyone pretty... i save it for just the prettiest ones i meet" he barked, his tail swishing as he flashed the girl a oh so charming smirk that tried to copy hers. She revealed another detail about this guy, and Remi struggled not to explode as she leaned in towards him in what he considered the last and definitive confirmation of his theory.
The guy was him.
Hopefully he wasn't reading the signals wrong.

"i bet he likes you too" he barked, another smirk climbing upon his face as he lifted one of his paws and stretched it towards her with the intention of booping one the girl's shoulders.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Though not overlooked, it was rarely said to her in person that she was rather pretty. Sure, Arturo and Lotte probably found her beautiful because she was their daughter, but any guy besides her father having said so wouldn't have survived. Yeah, she still held Arturo as that kind of dad. Though, perhaps that had been because she'd been so very young? Wasn't her prime now beginning, her second year approaching? Why not settle down now and wait for the best... No, you're at least going to say goodbye. You mean something to them. She blinked rather seductively, pulling her head up in a fake-cocky position. Tha must charm any woman. She smirked, her words probably being on that fine line between sarcasm and honesty. Wouldn't work fur just any man, o' course - they'll have ta be handsome ta pull i' off. She added, wanting to at least confirm her attractions to simply his looks.

Her face flushed redder and redder. She had yet to become totally unreadable with these kinds of games. Were they just playing games though? Or was there a deeper admiration for him? Well, at least he's been the most playful of all the vale-ers. Her nose twitched as he touched her shoulder, eyes that had wondered off finding their way back to his again. How magnificent he looked with his paleness, sunlight giving him a golden glow. Or was that just her imagination? How are ya so sure? She supposed this would her last tease, it had become obvious enough that she really really liked Mouse. Somehow, it had just clicked, and she didn't think she'd ever had such a connection - not even with Ingram.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**