Stone Circle Den-Making
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
All Welcome 
It was really clear that the alpha female was pregnant. Valette noticed it herself too. The whole pregnancy she wasn't that bothered with it. She hadn't been that sick, or that tired even. She had been rather fine. However, as she felt she was closer to her due date she felt more tired and the pups were rather active. She stopped hunting big game but she was also becoming quite slow for smaller prey. She missed hunting but with her expanded belly, she couldn't even get low to the ground.

Valette felt like a bison in size. She looked down at the herd from the Stone circle one last time. She turned and waddled to her den. The female felt like she should make it a bit more comfy for her future young. Along the way to her den, she picked up some mosses and other soft bedding. She noticed that she was tiring quickly now but she determinedly pushed on.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
<3

Ezekiel couldn't stop thinking about his future kids. Who would they be? What would they look? Would they look like their Manchester forebears, or Apaatas. He didn't know Valette's family, so he wasn't sure what genes might get passed on from them, but he was excited to find out. Whatever they looked like, and acted like, he knew he would love him. He felt as if they completed him, he was just worried that he might screw them up somehow. What if they turned out sad, and unhappy with their lives like he had been? 

He just couldn't think that way, besides, it was probably just nerves. Either way, that thought only spurred him to be a better dad, to be ready for them to arrive. That day he was going to check on Valette, to make sure she was doing alright as usual. When he came to find her, she was walking in the direction of her den, moss and other soft things clenched between her teeth. He sped up to trot by her side, and reached over to take some of the stuff from her. Here I got some of that for you. He said, hoping to lighten her load.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
<3

Valette was on her way to her den as she heard someone approach. She was familiar enough with Ezekiel to know it was him. She didn't stop walking as she had a purpose to fill the den with soft bedding. When Ezekiel's muzzle reached out to hers to take the bedding a muffled snarl and moved her head away from him. She didn't want his help to carry this soft material. Her ears flattened a bit. She didn't intend to be so mean towards Zeke but was determined to do it herself.

She took the last few steps to her den and then dropped the material inside of it. She made sure to successfully block the entrance with her butt. She only wanted to smell of her. She turned around and then came from the den. She was panting slightly. "I like to carry it myself. It is only light material," she spoke to him. She then waddled towards another tree to scrape the moss off with her front paw.

The female voiced a soft puff when they started kicking again. She let herself fall back on her butt, looking annoyed that she couldn't do such a simple thing. Valette could be so stubborn. Slowly her gaze moved to Zeke. "I guess you can help collecting," she then admitted quietly. "But only place it before the den," she added more seriously. "Please," she added.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel's offer to help was rejected, which surprised Ezekiel just a bit, but enough to cause him pause. He wasn't sure if she was so snappy because of the pregnancy, or if she was just snappy in general. He knew she was independant, maybe she really just preffered to carry the stuff herself. He walked a few steps behind her now, leaving her to do all the 'heavy lifting' herself. He couldn't help but chuckle a little at the way she waddled like a duck.

They made it to the den and she dropped the stuff off inside. She then turned around and explained to him that she liked to carry the stuff on her own, because it was only light material. Yeah true, but she was panting as if she'd rolled a boulder up a hill. Ok I'll just watch then. He said, teasing her just a bit. He would let her do this of course, it was her choice. But he had a feeling she might need his help soon.

And he was right. She went over to a tree to collect more moss and then collapsed. The large male hurried to her side, but then refrained from getting too close. She'd probably just snap at him again if he acted too worried. Clearly trying hard to not act like a worried parent, he stood and waited for her to do something. She told him he could help, and at that he was relieved. He nodded and smiled, No problem. You sure I can't place the stuff though? I feel like I have a real knack for interior design. He said, a rare humorous Zeke appearing.

He figured she would still say no, so he went ahead and trotted towards the tree. Carefully he scraped the moss off of it, allowing it to fall in a small pile at his feet. As he did so, he spoke, So, what are you thinking about names? He asked, wondering if she'd allow him any input or not.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette sat there panting lightly. Her belly protruding and... moving. The pups were active. The fur on her tummy had thinned out enough to see the skin of her belly. Her skin was clearly moving differently from her breathing. The woman gave Ezekiel a playful glare when he said that he had some interior decorating skills. She would have laughed about it but she was serious enough about getting the den together. She wanted to place all the bedding there just right. "I'd like to do it myself," she spoke, however now it was more kindly.

Valette was surprised he asked. She slowly nodded. "Yes, I have thought about it," she spoke. "I have a few names in mind but I will only name them when I see them. So they will fit, maybe I won't name them straight away. I don't know. But probably shorter names. Are there any names you like?," she asked. Maybe there was one who she would like as well. She could always use some inspiration for names. Though, in a way names were relevant. She changed her name. She felt more a Valette than a Desna.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
His smile remained on his face as he worked at the moss, he glanced back to see Valette's reaction. She was smiling too, she was happy. Though she remained adamant about decorating herself. Perhaps his decorating genius just wasn't appreciated by her yet. He snorted through his nostrils, finding this light conversation pretty amusing. He finished scraping a nice patch of moss off the tree and brought it over to Val as she spoke of names. She asked if he had any ideas, and he placed the moss at her feet before speaking.

I don't know. Whatever you name them it will be great. He said, for he really didn't know. He could think of cute names, but none of them could ever be good enough. His kids deserved the best names, and he felt like Val could deliver those.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette glanced at the male with a curious expression. She thought that he asked about the names because he had some input, but it seemed he didn't. "Really? Not any suggestion. I can think about it," she offered. She didn't want to completely shut him off in this whole process, though she did want to do most things herself. Plus, she asked the help of Nanook. She wasn't sure how much Zeke would appreciate that.

The female decided to lie down as the sitting position wasn't really helping her back. She lied down partly on her side as she watched Zeke. "I'd also like some fur of any prey the pack catches. Can I count on you leading the hunts while I can't?," she asked.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Valette seemed surprised that Ezekiel didn't have any suggestions, but there was one that he did sort of like. It couldn't hurt to bring it up. Actually I like the name Ezra. I think it's cool. He said with a bit of a shrug. Instead of taking the moss back to her den, Val laid down. She was obviously very tired, perhaps Ezekiel didn't realize how tired until now. He moved closer to sniff at her, just to make sure her weariness wasn't because of something other than the pregnancy. He would hate to learn that she was sick while they all shrugged it off as pregnancy side affects.

She smelled alright though, so he sat back again. He nodded at her question, and spoke reassuringly, Of course. I know I won't be nearly as good as you but I'll get it done. He said, then decided to speak his inner thoughts as well. And Val, I want you to take it easy. I know you think you can do some of these easy things, but you can't forget that you are pregnant. I don't want to to get hurt, so I don't want to see you near the borders or really too far from your den. Krypton and I will take care of the pack, you just relax. He said, pretty assertively. He only hoped that she would take it well instead of biting his head off for it.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette did like Zeke's input and his name suggestion was appealing to her. She didn't know if she would have any boys but it might be a good contender. She wondered if Zeke would be mad if she called one of the boys Steady. She didn't dare to ask him though. The female watched Zeke as he came closer and sniffed her out. She looked at him questioningly. But he didn't seem to sniff out anything curious.

Valette kept her eyes on him, surprised that he sounded so assertive. "I wasn't really intending to be there," she spoke in reply to him. It didn't sound snappy but rather surprised. "I feel rather tired lately so I won't travel too far. Promise," she spoke more respectfully towards him. She slowly pushed herself into a sitting position again. "I feel like they might be here soon. So, I will stay around the den. Can... Can you make sure that someone brings me food after they are born?"
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Valette sounded a little surprised at him, but she wasn't angry. And she agreed with him too. So it didn't go too terribly. He nodded, a soft smile returning to his face. Good. He replied. She pushed herself up to sit again, and Ezekiel shifted to catch her if she got tired again. Seeing how tired she was made him more and more worried, but her next words made it make sense. The pups probably were coming soon. He had kind have forgotten that a month or so had already passed. It seemed like just yesterday he'd learned the news.

I'll bring you anything you need, and I'm sure Keoni and Nikai would be more than happy to help out. I'll talk to them about it. He said, then stood. He remembered that she'd said she wanted some animal furs for her den, and decided he ought to get them now instead of later. I'll go get the stuff for your den. Be back soon. He said, then turned and prepared to head off.

last post for me unless you want to keep it going and have Val call him back. If not, I'd love another one soon :D
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette slowly nodded when Ezekiel approved. It made sense to the female not to go to the borders in this state. Though, it seemed to calm Zeke down. She did need to realize that she was heavily pregnant and couldn't do much. Normally the female always kept herself busy. Valette bobbed her head when Zeke made sure she would have enough food. Her den wasn't far from water, though she was aware enough not to make the den too close like her mother had.

"Yes. Thank you!," she spoke. Valette then started to move the bedding she had now into the den. She started to sort it and test what was the softest. She wanted her pups to have the perfect bedding. The mosses were especially crucial in her mind as her babies wouldn't go outside to do their business.

- end -

Lets have another one soon <3