Silver Creek waiting for a passing feeling
37 Posts
Ooc — Margot
No matter who it was, Uka was never a big fan of seeing folks upset. That didn't mean that he was a huge fan of talking about his feelings, but he did his best when he thought it necessary. He drew in a deep breath, then sat back on his haunches with a deep-bellied laugh. You know, before my pa passed away, he used to tell me about the streams up in the mountains. Said it was the clearest water to be found, and the tastiest, too. Now, I was never a real spiritual man myself, but the stories he told me made me think that maybe he was right. Uka gave Delight a curious tilt of the head and a raised eyebrow, as if to silently ask, Wanna hear one?

Without waiting for a response, he began his short retelling. It's been a while, and my memory isn't always too good, but I'll try to tell you one of my favorites. Up in the mountains where the spirits of winter lay, there was a beautiful maiden. Well, she was about as beautiful as a maiden could be, if you're into that sort of thing. Humor couldn't hurt right? Uka sure hoped not. Anyway, eh, she liked to sing a lot. Now, this got annoying, as one could expect, 'cause who wanted to hear someone sing 24/7? So there was this trickster guy named Filou who thought it'd be a cool idea to just off the girl.

This was where the facts became a little foggy, so Uka had to improvise. Uh, well, one day, while the girl was singing her song near the tip of the mountain, Filou snuck up behind her and pushed her off, but instead of falling to her death, she grew wings by the grace of the gods and soared. And that is where we get the most annoying creatures to ever exist, songbirds. Good enough, Uka.
Naturalist           Chronicler
1 2 3 4 5              1 2 3 4 5

Messages In This Thread
waiting for a passing feeling - by Ariel - August 14, 2017, 03:34 PM
RE: waiting for a passing feeling - by Eucalyptus - August 17, 2017, 05:55 PM
RE: waiting for a passing feeling - by Ariel - August 22, 2017, 03:33 PM
RE: waiting for a passing feeling - by Eucalyptus - August 22, 2017, 08:59 PM
RE: waiting for a passing feeling - by Ariel - August 23, 2017, 09:24 AM
RE: waiting for a passing feeling - by Eucalyptus - August 23, 2017, 03:53 PM
RE: waiting for a passing feeling - by Ariel - August 23, 2017, 05:50 PM
RE: waiting for a passing feeling - by Eucalyptus - August 23, 2017, 10:01 PM
RE: waiting for a passing feeling - by Ariel - August 23, 2017, 10:58 PM