King Elk Forest -- carried on a breeze, you'll never find me, i'm gone
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke wondered if she just had been polite when saying she was glad to have some company, or if she truly thought his company was nice. Burke often felt like he wasn't the warmest or welcoming wolf to be around. He often kept his distance and had a grumpy outlook on life. However, he just dipped his head. If she felt like he was decent company for the female who was he to argue?

Burke slowly tipped his head a bit. "Well, they don't got that from me, actually. I am more a practical guy. Guarding, patrolling and hunting," he explained. Only later in life when he realized he could be a mentor and advisor he picked up the counselor trade. He had to admit he rather liked the trade, as he could continue it now he was older.

The female started to tell her story. He slowly nodded and listened while he took some bites of his food he had left. He let her speak and nodded his head to indicate he had been listening. It was nice to hear that Mato had some of his traits. The stoic nature and less likely to talk probably came from him. "I think Mato is a natural leader. He knows his place well," he spoke when Brienne talked about following Mato.

What Burke didn't expect was that she continued and actually told him flat out about her crush on Mato. Burke slowly pulled his lips into a grin. "Don't think so less of yourself. I learned the most from 'a woman'. Often the decisions we make is because of our loved ones even though we like to think it is for the benefit of the pack. Perhaps you can help Tindómë far better when standing beside the leader instead of serving him," he spoke to the female. He rather liked her thoughtfulness. He felt that she and Mato would be a good fit. "But I am a man of logic. So if your womanly instinct says otherwise feel free to ignore my advice," he stated. He wouldn't be offended if she wouldn't take his advice. Perhaps he could play matchmaker and tell Mato that he should man up and claim his woman.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
Messages In This Thread
RE: -- carried on a breeze, you'll never find me, i'm gone - by Burke - August 31, 2017, 09:34 AM