Dragoncrest Cliffs Knowing and Understanding are two different concepts
The Weak are Cruel, the Strong have no Need to be.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
@Eske perhaps? Anyway I could help you out with you tactician specialty?

Shalon found herself at the once more underneath the moonlight looking upon the sky. Her favourite past time being watching the stars. They twinkled down upon her, granting her a beautiful evening. It was relaxing, and it gaze her time to reflect and think about what the future might hold. She found that in her old age as Bobbin would say, she was thinking to much perhaps.
✶☽ victory stands on the back of sacrifice ☾✶
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
tagging for reference! :-)

The hour grows late but Eske isn’t tired. She leaves @Thuringwethil’s den after checking up on her before she heads back with the intention of running another patrol. Dio’s presence among them is as constant as her own but Eske feels better when she’s patrolling them. It helps to relieve the restless energy that is building within her: the familiar itch to keep moving manifested as it is by her worry over her Commander’s poor health. Patrols are a welcome distraction and would work to tire her out enough for her to venture back to her den to sleep. But not yet. She catches the familiar scent of Shalon upon the cool night breeze and out of curiosity follows it ( as it is on her way anyway ). The woman soon materializes into her view and Eske’s sea blue-green gaze studies her for a moment as the older woman appears to be staring at the stars. “See anything interesting?” An inquiry that lacked all of her usual patronizing; instead colored with muted curiosity as she, too, lifts her gaze to the star littered sky above. She doesn’t see anything, frowning slightly as she remembers that some wolves can see shapes in the sky. Eske lacks the creativity for it. Instead, she sees them for their literal ( and perhaps unexciting ) form: small balls of light. Her gaze flickers back to Shalon wondering if the older woman is blessed with the creativity to see those wondrous constellations even as they elude Eske's pragmatic mind.
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
— your hands are wet with the blood
of an empire. you lick it off.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
She heard the sound of another, before the scent overcame her. Eske. Shalon smiled as the woman joined her, glad for the company. The agouti woman turned her head as the Fleimkepa came along side her and rose her own head to the sky. "Of course." Shalon stated with ease, "The Great Bear constellation is just over there," she points with her nose toward a large pot shapped grouping of stars to their right, "the easiest to see is the Great Bear's body, which is the square oriented stars with large branch off of it. It can be tricky, however looking close enough you can see the rest of his body." She pointed to each aspect as she spoke, "The head, there. And his arms." Shalon smiled as she tried to explain what to look at, "My mother taught me all about the stories in the sky." The older woman reminiced about her mother, thinking of the woman she hadn't thought about for years. "She had a great love for the story of the Great Bear, pehaps I'll have to share it with you."

Shalon knew of a few major stories that dwelled in the sky, and was a great believe in the stars as a spiritual guide. Teaching us the ways of the past through their stories so that one day we might learn from them. She knew that there weren't many who believed as she did, but that never stopped her. She looked at Eske with a smile on her maw, "What brings you out this late Fleimkepa?" Shalon was used to being alone at this late hour, she wasn't much of a sleeper and often found herself sitting up and watching her much loved constellations.
Shalon's Pawprints 
Naturalist {I II III IV V/5} + Advisor & Therapist {I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X/10}
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
As Shalon speaks it is clear to Eske that the woman has an affinity and passion for the stars. She even attempts to trace out the constellation for Eske as she speaks but even as the warrior follows the path of the woman traces she fails to be able to connect the dots. She still fails to see any shapes and offers a small, apologetic smile. Perhaps she is simply too pragmatic. She doesn’t have much of an imagination except when it comes to strategizing and coordinating battles, on thinking how the enemy would think and the ways they are vulnerable. She has a heart mind for war. “I’m sure it’s lovely,” Eske admits a bit sheepishly, subtly clueing the older woman in on the fact that she still doesn’t see the “great bear”. “I would like that.” Despite that she does not harbor the talent for mapping shapes in the night sky she would still enjoy listening to the story, she thinks.

Eske couldn’t remember the last time she’d been told a story.

“I went to check on Heda, spend some time with her.” Eske admits, salmon pink tongue drawing across her jowls. “and I was patrolling.” She will sleep, eventually, but drowsiness eludes her at the moment and she’d hoped that by patrolling she might be able to tire herself out enough to fall asleep.
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
— your hands are wet with the blood
of an empire. you lick it off.
338 Posts
Ooc — Marie_Shalon
The older woman could tell the Eske wasn't seeing with she was seeing, and so she gave a smile and a nodded. "It is lovely." The only time she had ever found peace within herself was when she was underneath the stars, her constant companion.

Looking away from blackness above them, Shalon sheds curious eyes on the Fleimkepa. "How is she?" She was curious, and also worried. Shalon still didn't know Thuringwethil that well however from their brief meetings Shalon had a feeling they would get along well, if given the chance.

"Shall I walk with you?" Shalon had no intention of stealing precious time from the woman, she wasn't much of a sleeper. Her years of wandering alone made it hard for her to feel safe enough to sleep deeply. Most nigth she only got a few hours of sleep. So she knew the restlessness that resided within Eske.
Shalon's Pawprints