Dragoncrest Cliffs The World I know
to know your enemy, you must become your enemy
47 Posts
Ooc —
at the puppies!!! @Artaax @Bobby @Dalia @Sirio I wants to meet you!!!!

Cecil was surprised at the similarities he faced as he settled into Drageda. He was constantly reminded of Trigeda, and to a greater extent Seageda. It was so exciting, and he was looking forward to meeting everyone who resided within Dragoncrest. He had only met Flemikepa Eske, and his fellow Kru Shalon. It was time to meet the rest of his new family.

He found himself exploring the Redwood Forest. He was still getting used to the lay of the land, and in the last few days since he had join the rank of Drageda he often found himself venturing around the territory in hopes of learning everything he would need to know should anything happen that his skills were required.

The sun was bright, however you would notice with the density of the trees blocking the suns rays. Cecil wasn't a huge fan of the glaring sun as it was, and was glad to be under the cover of the trees. Just like his past home in Trigeda, it reminded him of his family and made his home sickness a little more bearable.
civilize the mind
make savage the body

Cecil's Pawprints
Mecenary {I II III IV V/5} + Scout { I II III IV V/5}

461 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Birdcatcher
Warrior
Artaax was uncertain of the new wolf within their ranks. Once upon a time, he had been open and friendly and excited for every wolf he met. But time had made him more protective of his family, and with that came more suspicion of those he had not known since birth. He still thought himself invincible and so unafraid of these newcomers, but that didn't mean he trusted them. Especially now with one parent missing and the other near incapacitated. Though responsibility for the pack had clearly been handed to Eske for the time-being, Artaax felt it his duty to assist in the guardianship of their home since her attention was now divided.

Unfortunately, Artaax was distracted fby protecting from outsiders by further inspecting those within. He'd been tailing Cecil for a little over an hour, keeping a more than safe distance so he could merely observe. He wanted to know where the man went and what he did when away from the rest of the pack, and was admittedly a bit disappointed that he didn't do anything devious at all. He wanted to be the hero - to discover something epically villainous and defeat it, saving everyone. Driving bad guys away from the territory felt like a very ordinary thing to do. He wanted to do something extraordinary, and that meant someone within needed to secretly be a treacherous bastard.

So far, Cecil was not one. Artaax eventually gave up on simply following the male and decided to take a more direct approach. They'd told him this wolf was one of them - another lost soul of Seageda come to follow his nomi. He suspected this one might be like the few others he'd met who had pledged their loyalty and then wandered off, never to be heard from again. He despised those traitors, and so was full of suspicion and mistrust when he stepped into Cecil's view and announced himself with a chuff and an authoritative (for a five month old) stance.

47 Posts
Ooc —
Curious amber eyes trained on the pup, he gave a small smile and a small head tilt. "Hei." Cecil stop in his path, and watched the pup for a moment, "Ai laik Cecil." The obsidian male figured it was the best way to start an introduction, he thought that someone had been following him for sometime, however couldn't be sure if they were friend or foe. He was glad to find that they were friend, at least he hope the young man before him would accept him as such.

"Ha yu?" Cecil continued, seeing if he might offer his name. Perhaps break the ice a little. The boy reminded him of his own younger sibilings, the litter his parents had concevied two years after his own. He had often found himself in charge of their protection, and sometimes their education. Cecil never minded, he found spending time with the next generation an easy chore.
civilize the mind
make savage the body

Cecil's Pawprints

461 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Birdcatcher
Warrior
The stranger turned to him as he approached, offering a perfectly friendly greeting. The sound of his mother's native tongue was welcome to his ears. He didn't use it himself too often, but it always made him feel a little tremor of pride and importance. In spite of his inclination to remain suspicious of the new wolf, Artaax eased his posture slightly under the influence of this commonality they had struck.

In response to the question posed, Artaax answered with a short "Ku." He took another moment to size the dark wolf up then before proceeding with a question of his own - one that was laced with the mistrust he still felt. "Hakom yu kamp raun hir?" he asked then, not bothering to offer his own name. He didn't actually intend to be rude by not introducing himself - he just sort of overlooked it in his efforts to discern if this dude was on the up and up  or not.

47 Posts
Ooc —
Cecil tilted his head to the side thinking over his presence here. He figured the young man meant why was he here in the woods, although he could have a deeper question. Why was he here.... in Drageda. The glint in his gaze was one of sudden mischieve, and playfulness. "I'm exploring." Cecil smiled, his amber eyes waiting for a reaction from the pup. "What are you doing here?" He reflected the question back on the nameless youngling.

"Perhaps you might be willing to come explore with me? That is, if you don't have any other plans." He threw the question with a shrug, hoping to break the ice with this youngster.
civilize the mind
make savage the body

Cecil's Pawprints

461 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Birdcatcher
Warrior
The stranger remained friendly, even as Artaax gazed coldly at him. The answer he received didn't do much to relieve his curiosity. He hadn't meant this particular spot within the territory - he'd meant the territory itself. But he supposed he hadn't explained that all too well, and was distracted from clarifying when the question was turned around and thrown back at him. The boy narrowed his eyes as he responded with a short and succint, "Guarding."

In spite of his reservations, he was intrigued by the offer to explore with the stranger. His motivation was to better keep an eye on the dark fellow, of course. But he did also like to get away from hougeda to learn more about the territory and figure out what spots were best for finding prey. He nodded briefly before moving forward to fall into step beside Cecil, throwing suspicious glances to him every few steps.

"I meant why are you here in Drageda," Artaax said after a few beats, his curiosity getting the better of him.

47 Posts
Ooc —
AHHHH I am so sorry! I have been really busy with school starting again, and I am just getting back into the swing of things

"Ahhh" Cecil signed with an interested tinge, "Of course, that what you meant." He meant what he said, although he had a hint of humour in his voice. "I watched Heda grow into her role. I was in Seageda with her. My family has followed and advised the Heda's for a long time. Longer than anyone can remember." Cecil thought that perhaps this intro might open up the younger males mind to the possibility that he was here for a valid reason and wouldn't be going anywhere. "I am here to fullfil my families duty to Heda. Your nomon. "

Cecil sent a sly grin at the male, the older man hadn't missed the scent of Thuringwethil upon his pelt. "She is very inspirational, especially from what I know of her. A very amazing leader, and one of the most exceptional Heda's."
civilize the mind
make savage the body

Cecil's Pawprints

461 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Birdcatcher
Warrior
No problem! Artaax is a butt.

Artaax was silent as the stranger spoke, his expression fixed into a seemingly permanent, subtle glare. He felt himself bristling slightly as the man spoke, feeling protective and possessive of nomi as he talked of watching her grow and how his family had advised her. In his mind, Thuringwethil had been born to lead and needed no one to instruct her on how to be as impressive and skilled as she was. Cecil's words negated this, and felt as though he were trying to take some credit for how awesome the heda was, and Artaax found himself quite unappreciative of that.

"She doesn't need guidance," the boy replied in his usual, soft tones. He glanced sidelong at the dark wolf, saying nothing more.

47 Posts
Ooc —
Cecil nodded, "Well then I suppose I have no reason to be here then. Although deep down, I believe that everyone needs guidance." His gaze was focused more on their surroundings then on his walking partner. There were after all supposed to be exploring.

"Perhaps a better way of phrasing it would be to say that I strive to show Heda a different prespective, giving new insight to any given situation." The mostly obsidian male gave a small shrug, with the tug of a smile on his lips. He had no intention to damage the young mans sensibilities. He would learn in time that a second opinion was often necessary.
civilize the mind
make savage the body

Cecil's Pawprints

461 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Birdcatcher
Warrior
Artaax paused in his determined dislike Cecil to look at him, thrown by his sudden declaration that he was in fact useless to them. He backstepped a moment after, but the comment had been enough to get the mistrustful boy's attention. Not that he was any more willing to accept the man, but he was at least paying some sort of attention.

"So you're here to second guess her?" Artaax asked. His face twisted in confusion - honest confusion, not skeptical or suspicious or looking for a reason to be disdainful. The concept that Cecil was trying to introduce was strange to him, and in spite of his misgivings, he was curious to understand better.

47 Posts
Ooc —
He paused for a moment, contemplating what to say next, "Not second guess," Cecil himself was getting confused, "My parents always used to say, "two heads are better than one," I am here to try and be Heda's second head." The obsidian male had a lopsided smirk on his maw, he would love to see what Thuringwethil would think of that. "Everyone in this pack has differenct life experiences, I try to open myself up to the Commander so that she might know of a particula situation that I have been through which she hasn't. This way she can have a better standing when trying to make desicions."

He couldn't be sure if he was explaining this properly at all, but he had to try, he didn't want his leaders children to hate him.
civilize the mind
make savage the body

Cecil's Pawprints

461 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Birdcatcher
Warrior
Artaax listened quietly as Cecil explained. It did make sense in a way, but he was still not convinced that this male wasn't completely wasting his time. In his eyes, Thuringwethil could do no wrong. She always made the right decision, always did the right thing. Her words were law, and she was far too wise to need anyone to offer their own experiences to fill non-existent gaps in her own knowledge.

In spite of his desire to protest further, Artaax reasoned himself into silence. It wasn't likely this guy would be sticking around anyway - none of them ever did. So, he merely shrugged and excused himself from the man's company. He didn't need to hear anymore, and all of this talk of nomi made him want to hunt for her. So, that's what he set off to do.