Porcupine Ridge don't switch on me, i got big plans
138 Posts
Ooc — mini
All Welcome 
@Liffey maybe? if not AW! :V

drake - blem

It had begun just like any other day.
The same routine.
Wake, piss and go find something to eat or to mess with.

Soon enough, after having a light breakfast (a small bird that had fallen of a nest or something) Remi found himself outside the Vale's realms. He did not know what he was looking for, he never did, but as he continued to move across the sharp and rugged surface of the Ridge he could feel in his belly that something exciting was to come.
That or he was hungry again.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
It never took too long for Liffey to feel the need to stretch her legs again after returning from a trip. Fortunately, the lands surrounding the Vale were interesting enough to satisfy her need to wander. After cruising around the area so often, she had grown quite adept at finding her way. She was more sure-footed on the cliffs than she used to be, and didn't tire nearly as often as she had when they'd first settled in the little oasis between the mountains. She knew many of the paths that lead in and out of the lands they'd claimed, and it was one of those today that she took with no real intention for what her goal for the afternoon really was.

As it turned out, Liffey unwiittingly left home just to stumble across something that was usually found right within it. She picked up his scent a couple of hours into her scouting and, since it was still rather fresh, she turned on her heels to track her packmate down. This was one she hadn't spent too much time with before and now seemed just as good a day as any to remedy that. The Blackthorn danced along a short ledge, turned a corner and found herself standing just a few feet above and a couple of yards away from the platinum-furred Delta. She barked to call attention to herself, her tail wagging and a gentle smile curling across her muzzle.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
138 Posts
Ooc — mini
gonna assume they know each other but had never really interacted :) 

Before Liffey could track him down, Remi had managed to make a neat discovery of his own. As he was running (yeah probaby not a good idea) through the treacherous and jagged paths of the Rigde something to his right had caught his eye. Movement. He stayed still for a second, his ears swivelling a top of his head and his nostrils flaring to take in the scents around him. He recognized one among the fresh pinecone fragance that lingered. 
Mouse.

With a quiet chuckle he lowered his head and took a couple of steps forward, hoping to be able to track the tiny critter in this inmense labyrinth ok rocks and sharp turns. However, before he could take off, the sound of a friendly bark called for his attention. Remi spun, his crystalline eyes soon finding the Gamma's face. She was a silver, pretty thing, so without a doubt, she must be Liffey. The girl his friend Rannoch would (not too) often gush about with that dopey expression  on his face that Remi found so funny. 

Remi gave the girl a nod, his tail also wagging behind him as he called out to her, "Liffey, right?" he finished with a smile. They had never been properly introduced, and very few times had crossed paths since Remi had joined the Vale's ranks, especially because Liffey's recent travelling had also kept her away. 
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
I was assuming the same! <3

He was handsome. Taken as her heart was by Rannoch, even Liffey had to admit that there was something alluring about the sharp blue of his eyes and the way his dark fur accentuated them. She blinked her own bright, fiery eyes at him as he greeted her, dipping her muzzle in response before trotting along the ridge to bring herself nearer.

"Yep, that's me," she announced as she stopped again, "And you're Mouse?" Liffey looked him up and down demurely, quickly deciding that the name must have more to do with the color of his fur rather than demeanor. He seemed a sharp, bold fellow - nothing like the shy, quiet creature the moniker immediately brought to mind.
~•~
138 Posts
Ooc — mini
<3

He was right.
Which was a relief because it would have been awkward af to have mistaken the Delta with some random girl.
Anyways.
"ha, finally i get to meet the famous Liffey in the flesh - its a pleasure" he barked as she came closer. Like her, Remi could not help but let his tail wag, so far this was going well, in fact this was probably the best first-time encounter with a packmate he'd had so far.
Airi had snapped at him.
Redshank had also been (at first) unnecesarily defensive.
Seabreeze... well she had caught him in a not very pleasant moment. 

"yup" he answered simply, a sly smile hanging from his lips as he nodded as an extra affirmation. "what were you up to?" he asked then, not realizing that she had been doing the same he had been doing before she appeared: tracking a mouse. 
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey smiled at his response. She'd never really considered herself famous by any means, but she supposed it was probably known by all of the pack her relationship with the alpha. It gave her a tingle of pride to be regarded as she was, and without even realizing it, she straightened slightly. "Didn't realize I was famous," she replied lightly, giving a slight shrug as though she was unaffected by the comment.

He confirmed her suspicions about his identity and she nodded. "I was just scouting," she replied when prompted, "I know the mountains to the South and West of the Vale pretty well, so I thought I'd range to the North today. What about you?"
~•~
138 Posts
Ooc — mini
"ugh, i was looking to kill this boredom" he barked, slightly exaggerating his tone as a gimmick, "or something to kill...mind if i join you?" he asked after she explained the motives that had pulled her from the Vale's confinements and towards the Ridge. He, as an aspiring scout himself, also had been wanting to leave the Vale for a bit to go get a better idea of the territories that lied beyond the borders he limited himself to patrol. Liffey seemed and sounded more experienced on the matter so it'd be foolish of him not to try to take advantage this impromptu meeting and get her to share some of her knowledge.

"so, where have you travelled so far?" he asked, his crystalline eyes fixed attentively on her,  a child-like curiosity shining from them as if she were to reveal the world's best kept secret. 
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey smirked at her packmate's response. At his request to join, she wagged her tail and gave an eager nod. "Sure! I'd enjoy the company," she answered as she turned to gather her bearings. She hadn't been committed to the path she had been taking prior to redirecting towards Mouse, and so she chose a new one that lead them along the cliffs to the North.

"Lots of place," Liffey answered as she walked, keeping her pace more casual now that she had a companion and was more interested in speaking to him than actually scouting, "I was born in a pack to the West of here near Lake Rodney. I've explored a lot of the areas around that territory and around the Vale, as well as most of the lands in between."
~•~
138 Posts
Ooc — mini
She welcomed him and Remi responded by bowing his head before stepping next to her, allowing her to lead the way, since she was the more experienced scout, but almost stepping on her heels as she went. She began to speak of the places she'd been to, beginning on the place she'd been born in. Somewhere near a lake called Lake Rodney, hmm didn't ring a bell.

"What pack is that?" he asked, his eyes blinking a couple of times as he hoped his prodding for details and names would not annoy her. "Furthest that way i've gone i think is Bramblepoint, and on the other direction Herbalist Cache or maybe Sunbeam Lair... that's were i met Rannoch actually!" he piped, his tail wagging at the memory and his crystalline eyes focusing solely on Liffey. 
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
"Redhawk Caldera," Liffey answered, hopping from one rock to the next. She listened as Mouse explained his own adventures, smiling as she recognized the name of her childhood haunt. "I used to take trips to Bramblepoint all the time when I was a kid," she said, "It's really close to the Caldera, and it was the furthest my mom would let me go when I was younger."

"I've never been to the Herbalist Cache, or to Sunbeam Lair," she said, wanting to move the conversation along, "Sunbeam Lair sounds cool. What's that place like?"
~•~
138 Posts
Ooc — mini
Redhawk Caldera, he repeated in his mind, commiting the name to memory and fiing it under the 'must check out' archives of his mind. He listened attentively to her little anecdote, figuring that this Caldera must be near Bramblepoint if it had been within travel range of the younger Liffey. Bramblepint was where he had met Genie.
This sudden realization made the creamy Ostrega bite his lip in thought, and hoping to be able to play it cool before Liffey noticed he had been struck with a memory he tried to jump ahead of her.

"Sunbeam is like a really huge cave, it dark and it seems to be really deep but it's full of plants and stuff." he barked, looking over his shoulder at the girl before slowing down so she could again be next to him rather than behind him. The flush of his cheeks must've dissapeared already. 
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey's imagination began to draw the cave into life as Mouse described it. The picture was a very intriguing one - like a lush, green forest in a wide cave beneath the earth with beams of light shining down through cracks in the expansive ceiling. She was likely exaggerating the landscape in her head, making it far more expansive and beautiful than it actually was. Still, she resolved herself to go there one day and see it for herself.

"I'll have to check it out," she commented, "It sounds really cool. The Caldera has underground caves and tunnels in the walls. We hid there during a blizzard once when I was younger. My mom and part of the pack actually got trapped inside for a few days when we had a small avalanche."
~•~
138 Posts
Ooc — mini
giving this a quick ending ♥ im trying to wrap old thing up 
i luv u liffey

With a smile hanging from his face, Remi listened to Liffey's description of the Caldera, his eyes widening as she mentioned an avalanche and what sounded like quite a story. He asked for her to tell him more about it, his tail wagging behind him, and promised to share a story with her in return.
He'd tell her about the time he and his siblings went to the ocean for the first time, he had been knocked down by a big wave that felt more like an avalanche too.