Moonspear The Sissy Sis
Daisies, daisies perched upon her forehead
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
@Hydra

Korei Julia had been thinking, about things she could do. For the pack, and for herself. And she had someone in mind who could help her become much more fit than she already was. Although, one thing crossed her mind that had held her back, until now. 

Korei was not too keen on finding the one she believed that could help her. She headed out toward where she believed Hydra's den to be, stopping some distance outside before giving a bark to the entrance. "H...Hydra? I was wondering if you could...help me with something?"
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra didn't really have a den, though she had taken residence in one the day of the eclipse since the sun had proven to be so annoying that day. So it was no wonder that Korei sniffed around there for her—her scent was concentrated there. Typically she and her sisters slept out in the open together, not one to mind the elements. 

She realized she had left her favorite bone in that area, and the newly titled Beta strut all the way over there. Her ears were pricked when she heard the soft voice of Korei, who called for her. Hydra did not have the best opinion of Korei since the incident, but, well, Korei was her sister. Her loyalty to her family extended to Korei too, though there was no questioning who she cared for the least. Still, her outright aggression toward Korei had ended the day Galaxy had been found alive. Her perspective on Korei was as dismal as their fathers. 

Hydra moved to put herself into Korei's line of sight, letting out a low whuff behind her so she would know she was there. Whatsup?
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia looked for her sister, not knowing that Hydra in fact did not have a den. And she almost jumped when someone huffed behind her, then saw the sister she was seeking had in fact seen her first. 

"Uh...hi Hyrda." She wasn't sure why she gave a greeting so nervously, it's not like she was scared of her own sister...was she? "Oh, um I w-wanted...I wanted your help...with something" she quickly added, still not being able to get the shakiness out of her voice. From how she had talked to others like her Papa in such a way, it normally got them annoyed.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Today, Julia, she said with a roll of her eyes and a shake of her head as Korei anxiously pushed through what she had to say. And once she finished, Hydra blinked with surprise. It was rare Korei asked for help in anything; Hydra knew that she studied the stars, but other than that what she did with her time she had no idea. If Hydra was the key to Korei's productivity, she would help how she could. I'll help if I can, she decided. After all, she could not help where Korei excelled—the stars. What's "something"? She pressed, her eyes flashing with interest.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei tucked her tail under after hearing the remark from her sister. She never meant to stutter. But quickly, she tried to put on a brave face. "I want you to teach me to fight" she said, this time rather sternly, sterner than ever. Despite a lot of shakiness in her tone as well as nervous after thoughts, she had not spoken in such a tone, not since her fight with Papa.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra was surprised to hear of her sisters request. That's not you, she said, blinking. I'll teach you—but why? She had to know. The stern tone did nothing to Hydra, who maintained her stature and posture... though she was pleased by it, in a way. Detest Korei though she did, she realized in the back of her mind she did not want to. But Korei brought it on herself, and what other way was there to react? To feel?
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei was stunned by the answer herself, she was not expecting that answer for some reason. And yet, Hydra was willing. "I want...I want to get stronger" she answered, though her voice a little shaky. She wanted to learn to fight, so that she could do more for the pack. For her Mama and Papa.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
To get stronger. Hydra could understand that, and even agree with it. Korei Julia needed to be stronger, in fact. She was oftentimes a detriment. Fine, she responded, but you also need to get smarter, too. There are times you should and shouldn't fight. Like, don't ever try and fight a bear, especially alone, Hydra remembered that Korei hadn't, but rather had stayed still and hovered over Galaxy instead of taking her and running. In a situation like that day... if there's anything worth saving, you take that and go. Hydra probably had said this before, though whether it was to Korei or her mirror images she wasn't sure. 

She continued anyhow: Foxes and coyotes are easy enough to take care of alone, though. And other wolves, well, it's better to be with others and take them out if they trespass. So howl before going in so at least others can come to you to help. Hydra was assuming here that Korei was ready to take on more responsibility, if she was ready to learn how to fight. Hydra would help her there but wanted her to be informed first and foremost. 

What do you know about fighting? Hydra assumed she was starting from square one, but wanted to be sure.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei took Hydra's response to heart. She felt all happy inside that Hydra was so willing to help her. And she noted all advice down in her mind as her sister spoke to her of how to fight, and when. She didn't think she'd seen a coyote before. She did flinch when she heard about the bear situation. She had accidentally ran into that situation, but when she had seen Galaxy there...she shook her head to clear it and keep listening.

"Um...I know how to bite" she said excitedly with a wide smile, and even though she did not think that was the all that was needed, she believed it was a big part to it.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
When Korei spoke, Hydra waited a moment for the punchline. The exasperated look Hydra offered her sister when she realized she was not, in fact, kidding would clue her in to the fact that she was less than pleased with the answer. Even puppies knew how to bite! She shook her head. If you're serious about training with me, we can start next week. I have some stuff to do until then. I want you to try and learn three new things about fighting if you can. Try and surprise me with a fact. Maybe we can both learn something, she wanted to bond with Julia, she really did—they just had very little in common. But perhaps here they could find some common ground. At the very least, Hydra would feel confident in knowing Korei Julia was not absolutely useless by the end of it all... she hoped. She waited for confirmation from her sister, licking her chops.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei nodded. She averted her eyes slightly from her sister at the shake of her head when she nodded, she never liked the disappointment in another's actions, especially towards her. "I-I will...I will." She had to think of what she could learn. Korei sat down on her rump as she was deep in thought, trying to think what exactly she could do, what exactly she could learn to become the fighter she wanted to be.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra wasn't sure if her sister knew how to go about getting information on fighting. But to ensure she didn't do anything stupid, Hydra took care to inform her: Ask people their advice for you, when it comes to fighting, she didn't need her sister getting into scraps without reason, and she couldn't count on Korei to just know that. See you in a week. with that, she turned and departed.