Ankyra Sound The retelling of an old story
to know your enemy, you must become your enemy
47 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
AW! however I will tag @Corva, or @Mirabelle whichever one hails your muse :)

Cecil had made his rounds, the territory Thuringwethil had choosen was perfect for the pack she had forged. While he had been familiaralizing himself with the territory however, he had yet to interact with any within other than the intriguing young temporary Fleimkepa Eske. It was however as the sun was setting and night was beginning to blossom that he took a moment for himself.

He ventured outside the territory of Dragoncrest with the specific intention of reflection. Taking time to think of the journey he had completed, and thinking of the family he had left behind. He knew where his path laid out before him, here at his Heda's side. However he couldn't help but miss his mother and father, wondering if his sibilings were fairing ok without him. The obsidian male had never spent this much time away from his family, and seeing as he was still adjusting to life in Drageda, Cecil was feeling rather lonely. And quite frankly, a smidge homesick.
civilize the mind
make savage the body

Cecil's Pawprints
Mecenary {I II III IV V/5} + Scout { I II III IV V/5}

moontouched
22 Posts
Ooc —
Away
The shade had lingered in the Wilds for too long.  She could feel something festering inside her, chastising her with an edge of impatience that it was time to move on.  Even with this admonishment she had deliberately remained, and though she dug deep for answers from within she found none.

Still, she must go somewhere.

She waited for the night to break before she set out for this Drageda that the stranger on the bluff had spoken of, traveling northeast and sticking close to the shoreline upon where they met.  It was not long before the grass broke way for sand, the ocean knifing its way deep into the territory.

She smelled him, of course, before she saw him, and she tilted her head back in a howl to ask for the stranger's presence once more.

and i'll be at the back of your mind
waiting for you

47 Posts
Ooc —
The note on the wind perked his ears, a whisper of hūra-azantys on the air was an inviting enough reason to search for the caller. Now that he was aware she was nearby, it made sorting the various scents in the area easier. With little effort he found her, and with the last shreds of light from the glowing sun he made out her figure. 

"My Natshana-Sin," The words tumbled from Cecil's mouth, before her could retract his possession of her. He wasn't sure where it came from, or what sprouted the intention. But t was out in the open now, and so he would have to deal with them. He smiled at her, softly and genuinely, "pleasure to see you again."
civilize the mind
make savage the body

Cecil's Pawprints

moontouched
22 Posts
Ooc —
Away

The last vestiges of light clung onto the horizon, and although she could smell and hear him she had difficulty picking out his figure.  His words caught her and a rather mischevious glint casts over her eye as he claims her.  It is something that is both familiar and foriegn to the nemesis; she had done much seducing to gather information before and as such had been upheld in such a light but never before was she used to being chased, to being approached first.

To be frank, the girl was not pretty in the sense many in the wilds were.  She was not the leggy, doe-eyed wisp that many swooned over.  She could not decide whether or not she liked his advances or not so instead she chose to reply in turn, . 

Hūra-azantys.  It lacked the posession that the man had held over her, but contained rather the intimacy between the names they had chosen to share with each other.

Darkness closes over the Wilds and she sees him at last, closing the distance between them. Have you found your Drageda?

waiting for you

47 Posts
Ooc —
"Indeed I have." Cecil confirmed, while making sure to come to a stop infront of her. So that she wouldn't have to search for him with her limited eye sight in the dwindling sunlight. He debated wether or not to give her his name, he prefered the name the queen of the night had given him. So he left it, a topic perhaps to be aproached later.

"I arrived a day or so ago. We aren't far now, the border a short walk up the hill to your right. In a territory called Dragoncrest Cliffs." He settled into a sitting position as he spoke, perhaps her refined ears might pick up the shuffling. "What's brought you this way?" An innocent query, he hoped.
civilize the mind
make savage the body

Cecil's Pawprints

moontouched
22 Posts
Ooc —
Away

The man was so respectful in his approach it surprised and pleased her simultaneously. He comes close enough she can make out his form, blurry still with the sun gripping the horizon, and she squints at him as if it might help.  It didn't.

She feels that stirring inside her again as he tells her he has found his home — come on, it's time to leave, we must go — but she pushes it down, shifting her weight as he sits.  Dragonrest Cliffs, he tells her, and she lets out a snort of laughter.  A blind woman living on a cliff?  See, Corva, there is no place for you here.

You.  Such a small word with large intention; it was not a vision or a feeling that brought her this way but the companionship of a stranger, and it nearly felt selfish (as it was!).  It came out of her mouth too quick to stop and she wasn't entirely sure where it came from or what it meant, but it was the answer she had been searching for.

The man had offered her respect and space but he had also reached out to her with his comfort and it was that, perhaps, that drew her near.

I couldn't leave without meeting you again and making sure you had found what you were looking for.

waiting for you

47 Posts
Ooc —
Obsidian ears perked at the mention of visiting him, only to be followed with a sense of duty, the look of surprise that flashed against his muzzel vanishing as soon as it had arrived. "I see, well I appreciate the gesture. I have found my new home." Cecil cleared his throat of the air that stuck to his jaws. "Where are you off to?" He took to long to add that question, leaving a lingering feeling of disappointment in his tone. Why would she leave?

He didn't have the answer, and he wanted to know. He needed to know. She had only just arrived, this ebony princess had landed in his grasp once more. And he was hard pressed to release his grip of her. You could stay. No matter how fleeting the moment, of how long the time, that was what he wanted. If only she would stay. "You don't have to be in such a hurry." It was almost a whisper, Cecil almost wished he could have realed in the words before they escaped his slippery tonge. His words betrayed him, and he looked away from her. His gaze landing on the moon as it finally made it's debut.
civilize the mind
make savage the body

Cecil's Pawprints

moontouched
22 Posts
Ooc —
Away

Corva could not detect the precise emotion that the stranger had felt but she pinpointed it somewhere around disappointment.  His words were more crisp than she was used to hearing from him.. but wasn't that how it always ended up?  Those that were fond of her did not often stay that way for long and she could not help but feel just the slightest bit of dismay at his question.  I do not know.  Not here.

It was the truth in the only way she could vocalize it.  There were many things that kept the shade from staying in one place for too long.  Just because Cecil liked her did not mean his pack would feel the same, and even if they could grow to tolerate her who knew how long that would be for?  No.  She had stayed with packs before, briefly, and it always ended the same.  No matter how she tried to harden herself, she had a lamb's heart in a world of wolves.

Late, too late, he tells her that she doesn't have to hurry and even though she knows she must leave she questions him.  What is there for me here?  What is there for me anywhere?  The words have a bite to them, although she is not intending to be cruel, how can it not be?  You are the only tie I have to this place, she laughs, and I don't even know your name.  These words are softer.

She gazes upon the man under the soft veil of moonlight and sighs. I am in no hurry to leave, but I am in no hurry to stay, either.  Convince me.

waiting for you

47 Posts
Ooc —
He flinched at her words, of course she wouldn't stay, her arrival had spurred his hope into action. Perhaps, just maybe she had come to stay here with him. Her words, thrown with the slightest tension of thought, and yet more heartfelt than he was prepared for, tore at him. Wounded him and way he had never known, or ever thought he would know. He let the words settle between them, bitting his rouge tonge for but a moment.

When the obsidian male couldn't stand it any long, he stood and closed the distance between them, "I'm here." He whispered as he stood nose to nose with her. "I'm here." He said again, "And I'll always be here. I might be your only tie to Dragoncrest, but I could be enough. If you'd let me."

Cecil bit back his tonge once more. Letting her think of what he had just said. "Cecil." He voiced his name through a smiling maw, "I am called Cecil, but I prefer the name you gave me." His voice remained a whisper, as it floated between the small space they shared. "I might be all you have here, but it's better than having nothing somewhere else. Stay." With little more than a breath he spoke softly, "Stay with me." And be my Natshana-Sin. He thought to himself, not having the courage to say it aloud.
civilize the mind
make savage the body

Cecil's Pawprints

moontouched
22 Posts
Ooc —
Away

He moves towards her and instinctually a certain fear strikes her heart but is quickly assuaged by his words.  She resists the urge to laugh — she knew it was inappropriate but the laughter was not to be directed towards the male and his words but more at herself — was she really going to consider staying here?

His words had a conviction to him that she wasn't used to hearing and the shade did admittedly have a weakness for feeling valued that she almost told him she'd stay without hesitation but at the last second was able to bite down her words.  Corva, we must be more careful.

Her muzzle finds its way to his ear and she whispers, Corva Noctem.  Her name is sacred to her; in most meetings she refused to give it, referring to herself mostly with dark superlatives.  Selfishly, she decides, that he is right.  Nobody ever heeded her instructions and she was sick of seeing death and destruction plague those she tried to help.  Perhaps it was time to take care of Corva for a while.

She pulls back to a comfortable position and sighs.  Alright, hūra-azantys.  I will stay with you.  She shifts her weight between her paws and lets off stress by yawning.  The pair knew so little of each other, in the back of her mind she was convinced that this was to be a foolish mistake but she would try one more time, for the last time to settle down.

In the morning you should accompany me to your borders and I will make my claim but I warn you, sir, that I cannot promise anything.  Though the information about her visions would be kept under a tight lip, packs often had a tendency to turn her away on eyesight alone.  But for tonight.. her lips broke into a grin and she laughed, would you stay here with me?

How she loved to be adored.  What a goddamn weakness.

waiting for you

47 Posts
Ooc —
The wave of relief washed over the obsidian male like the ocean crashing against the shore. She would stay, with him. He pressed his head against hears, caressing her cheek with his own. "Nice to finally meet you, Corva Noctem."

He aligned his body along side hers, and planted himself firmly against her side, "Of course I'll stay with you, my Natshana-sin." His possessiveness clinging to his words, she had decided to stay, and so he would stay to protect her. He alone would be her tie, her network, her connection to the secular world. "I'll never leave you." He whispered to her, reassuring them both of each other's presence.

wrap up? you can post, or archive here doesn't matter to me :)
civilize the mind
make savage the body

Cecil's Pawprints