Wheeling Gull Isle I wanna live a life from a new perspective
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
AW! Faeryn needs to talk to others more, maybe make a friend :)

Splash. Faeryn pounced into the water with the grace of a feline, jaws open, showing her pearly white teeth. She felt some water get into her nose as her muzzle was thrust into the water, and it stung a little, but she grinned at her success. The fish felt slimy in her mouth but she ignored it, focusing instead on stopping the squirming of the creature. She felt her teeth break through the odd scales and tasted the slightly salty tang of the fish. Her meal, now. Hunting fish was still pretty new to her, but she was rapidly improving. There were more things she wanted to learn, like how to swim, but those would come another time. Fishing was the skill she was intent on mastering. And it was sgoing fairly well so far. The speedy, water-dwelling creatures were tricky to catch, and she failed more than she triumphed, but she was getting better. Luckily there seemed to be a decent amount of fish residing in the small river.

The blue wolfess carried her catch to a shady spot under a tree. The summer heat could be... well, hot, but in the shady spots it was nice. Perhaps because of the slight cold, salty sea breeze that swept through the trees occasionally. Yes, she had discovered that she quite liked the sea and it's quirks. The fact that it was salty always intruiged her. How did that happen? Water she had been used to drinking and living near in the past was always clean. Or, at least, not salty? She wasn't sure how to describe it. 

She closed her eyes, with the fish resting on her paws, and breathed a peaceful sigh as one of those glorious breezes ruffled her recently-groomed-but-slightly-damp fur.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
587 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Master Medic
I don’t think Seelie and Faeryn have ever gotten to have a proper thread!

The blue she-wolf was an unknown quantity to Coelacanth. They’d met briefly when Dakarai had washed up on Wheeling Gull Isle’s shores, but their paths tended only to cross when meetings were called. In an effort to change that around, Coelacanth trotted intently through the sparse foliage with the specific goal of finding Faeryn and spending a little time with her. She couldn’t very well howl for the other female, but fortunately, what remained of the pack tended to linger toward the southeastern region of the isle. Not-so-secretly, Coelacanth hoped that Stockholm might lead an expedition further inland as Komodo and Axolotl had always meant to — but there would be time for that, she believed in all her naïveté. She had no reason to suspect that their happy existence here would be threatened.

The sight of Faeryn in the distance, placidly nibbling at a fish while the wind ruffled at her unusual, azure-touched fur, sent the atramentous sheepdog’s tail into a whipping whirlwind. She “barked” — a soft rush of air and a muted click of her teeth as they fell together — as she dropped to her belly a respectful distance away and wriggled closer by degrees. In case the other female was touchy about being approached while she was eating, Seelie stopped when she was still a good wolfslength or two away. With the low rumble of the waves, it would be too difficult for her to make a verbal greeting, so she simply dipped her finely-tapered muzzle with a shy smile. Hello!
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
:)

The scent reached her first - it was one she faintly recognised from her encounter with a washed up wolf, Dakarai. She had been there, and although Fae didn't know either of them well, they seemed to know each other. What had he called her? Honestly, it had escaped her mind. Though she seemed to remember that the sheepdog had not spoken much, if at all. Perhaps she simply could not speak?

Faeryn chuffed a greeting as she spotted the female approaching, giving a friendly wag of her tail as to show she was comfortable with her coming closer. She had almost finished the fish, now, and perhaps she could make a friend out of this stranger. "Hello," she barked softly, tilting her ears forward to see if any words would leave the long-eared canine's maw. "I don't think I ever told you my name... I'm Faeryn, the one from the beach." She left it open so that if she was able to speak, she might give her name in return. 

"Do you... want the rest of this fish?" She offered, nudging the scaly creature gently toward the other. She didn't have to accept it, but the Delta thought it might be nice to offer it, at least.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
587 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Master Medic
Coelacanth edged nearer, but kept a safe enough distance that she would not crowd the slate-furred female.  Her name was offered in a frail, barely audible whisper: “Seelie,” she answered.  She remembered Faeryn, but her ink-feathered tail wavered with desperate eagerness to please anyway as her cerulean eyes focused in on the fish.  She wasn’t necessarily hungry but the sheepdog didn’t often turn down food.  Worming forward on her belly like a living shadow creeping across the sand come evening, she stretched out a paw toward it with a trembling forelimb.  The wolves of the darkenwood had placed within her heart a suspicion that wasn’t so easily shed; she couldn’t help wondering if, when she reached out for the fish, Faeryn would snatch it back.
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Faeryn's  pale ears perked forward to catch the name that was whispered by the sheepdog - Seelie. Fae gave another gentle smile, opening her muzzle to speak again. "It's nice to meet you, Seelie." She could tell, as Seelie shuffled slowly toward the fish, that she was wary. Did she not trust Faeryn? Honestly, there was nothing to fear from the blue wolfess, but she did not blame the other for it. Fae did not trust too easily either.

A paw came, reaching out for the fish that was close to them both. In hopes to encourage her further, the delta moved slowly backward, away from the scaled creature so that Seelie might take it. She had no ill intentions - she simply wished for a friend.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
587 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Master Medic
The timorous little Groenendael hooked one dainty paw over the fish, her Neptune eyes luminous with a glimmer of fearful hope. Rather than pulling the offering toward her, she drew her gamine frame nearer to the fish. Like Faeryn, she was in it for the company — but she appreciated the gift and set about nibbling at it. When she’d finished, leaving the bones and some of the flesh behind for the scavengers to pick over, she returned her attention to the slate-furred female she’d originally come to find. She wanted to ask Faeryn so many questions! They clambered for purchase within the hollow column of her throat, but it was so difficult to remember how to pronounce each separate word. Fortunately, the sheepdog hadn’t learned any filler words; unfortunately, that meant she was utterly quiet while her teeth and tongue gingerly tried to shape each phrase.

“Thank you for the fish,” ought to have come first, but Seelie was cowed by that first chancy consonant blend, and she attempted to express her gratitude in a typically nonverbal fashion: deeply, she bowed her head, tapered muzzle dipping low as she indicated the fish and tilted a shy smile up at her agemate. Feathered plume swept behind her as she inched slightly closer, then ventured a few whispered words in a poor attempt to start a conversation:

“Faeryn, w-where from? Heppi — haaappy here?”
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Faeryn watched the sheepdog with a soft smile gracing her delicate features, cerulean orbs glimmering when Seelie pulled herself toward the fish. Truly, the seawolf never would have caused harm to such an innocent being - she was undeniably sweet, and the wintry femme would never be able to bring herself to hurt such a creature, nor would she ever wish to. There was a moment of silence that followed while the fish was being eaten, the gentle rolling of waves in the distance a relaxing background noise, until a question slipped from Seelie's muzzle.

The whispered words were met with a wag of Fae's tail, gentle swishing behind her as if to encourage the girl and reassure her there was no threat. "I don't... remember where I came from, but that's okay." The only memories she had any recollection of were those that were birthed in the Teekon, but none held any real significance to her, so she mentioned none. "Yes, I'm very happy here. It's my favourite place so far." That statement was true, for she'd never found a home so welcoming, so accepting of all. A sanctuary for the lost, for those who had been washed up on the shore, or those who had found their way here by other means. It was a place Faeryn could very much see herself residing for the rest of her time.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
587 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Master Medic
Neptune eyes darted toward the amicable swish of Faeryn’s tail, and Coelacanth started finally to relax. Not being able to remember where one came from sounded terribly sad to the little sheepdog — who recalled with obsessive clarity the farm at Nanaimo and the island that had first been claimed by her father’s grandfather — but the azure-eyed she-wolf seemed to be truly content. Bounding to her paws, the tiny Groenendael danced her happiness with a shimmy of her hips and a bounce in her step. Talking overly much was painful and tiring for Seelie, and she eagerly reverted to communicating in a nonverbal way; with a flick of her feathered tail, she trotted a few steps away and bowed playfully toward her agemate, forelimbs slapping excitedly against the sand.

Perhaps Faeran wanted to do some exploring! Coelacanth was eager to see what secrets the island would share with the stormborn wolves who remained; and exploring was one of her favorite pastimes. Perhaps she would even try talking more, if her throat permitted. The invitation was as explicit as she could make it: she sat on her haunches, waving one paw with a soft, whispered whine of entreaty. Backing up a few paces, she repeated the gesture — and if all of that was not clear enough, she leapt forward in the direction she proposed they go, then circled back to Faeryn and tumbled into a small, wriggling bow at her feet. Then, with a soft boof! she shimmied backwards.
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
It was true - she felt very little sorrow for her lack of knowledge when it came to her past. After all, if she had no recollection of those times, what did she have to feel sad over? The seawolf's lips curled up in a warm smile, azure orbs glimmering in the beams of light that bounced in her gaze. Seelie bounced and ducked, and Faeryn found herself almost copying the actions - something about this sylph-like creature brought out a far more playful side to the wintry fae, one that surprised even herself.

Seelie displayed various actions and hints to what she was thinking, and Faeryn understood her point - exploring? She had to admit, this island could hold many secrets and she was intent to discover these, if only to scout out potential dangers. The wolfess rose from her haunches, padding a few steps closer to the darker girl with a nod. Let's go exploring.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
587 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Master Medic
Companionably now, Coelacanth allowed her feathery fur to tangle with Faeryn’s as they wandered further inland. Much of their conversation was nonverbal, but the azure-eyed female’s company was comforting, and Seelie relaxed almost immediately. Eventually, Stockholm joined the two females, and the three of them set about finding water sources for the rest of the pack.