Stone Circle Put your trust in me
Won't you torture someone else's sleep?
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
ooc: hoping for a wild @Illecebra or @Mawk if you guys have the time <3

Krypton smelt new scents that lingered around the hollow, but hadn't followed up on trying to talk to the newcomers. As one of the betas, she needed to be on top of such things. So instead of putting off her lazy day she had hoped to have with Aurora, Krypton decided it was best to go and search out the new wolves and say hi. Afterall, how bad could it possible be to just drop in and welcome them?

The large female lumbered around the territory with a slow-paced trot, her long legs covering the ground with relative ease. She hoped she could catch them at a good time and give them a nice welcome.
Medic: 0/10
Guardian: 0/10
???: 0/10
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Illecebra sat outside the den iin the sunlight with Cyron,Burr and Rowana. Rowana was currently chewing on a not so Enthused Burr's ear, and Cyron was pressed against Cebra's side. She spotted a female running close by and chuffed a greeting. The scent was familliar as a packmate's but she hadn't really met anyone beside Valette and Ezekiel, so she was somewhat hopeful that the woman would proceed toward her.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
ooc: thanks for joining c:

it didn't take long for krypton to see another she hadn't met before. the female that stood in front of her had very distinctive markings, some she hadn't seen before. the agouti returned the chuff in greeting, drawing closer with a slightly higher position than the other. krypton didn't want to come off as snobbish by any means, but she was well aware of her position, she was kind of a stickler for tradition. 

"hello there," she greeted warmly as she drew close enough where she was only a few feet away from the other, "you must be another new recruit, my name is krypton" she offered to the other lady, her aura warm and polite.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Illecebra noticed the position that the female carried herself in, and promptly lowered her head slightly to show she was aware of the rank she held. She waited till the woman drew in closer and greeted her to speak, and Cebra smiled warmly glad to see that this female was friendly too. "Hello Krypton, I'm Illecebra but you can call me cebra. I joined with my mate Mawk, and my three babies not too long ago" she said in an equally friendly tone. It had only been a week or two at most that they had been there she guessed, and mawk had already risen in the ranks to a respectable place. She was so proud of him.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
"Illecebra," she tried the name on her tongue with a happy glint in her murky eyes, "very elegant, different too" she said warmly. Perhaps Krypton was a bit biast when it came to greeting new wolves, or perhaps she was a little sexist against males. Her shifting moods from wolves such as Illecebra compared to Murdock were questionable, but perhaps she would grow to become more consistent.

Her ears were peeked forward as she listened to the other woman intentively. Ah, so the other male roaming around was her mate. That was nice to know, Krypton didn't want to accidentally flirt without knowing (because she actually has done that before) and tick off other pack mates. Now she knew who was off limits. When the young were brought into the conversation, Krypton's eyes brightened up.

"Ah, the wonderful world of parenthood" she mused. Although Krypton wasn't a mother herself, she kept a good eye on Day's first bunch when they were small, not to mention she's caring for another child now, whom she almost considered just calling her her daughter instead of pup under her watch.

"I'm an aspiring puppy sitter, as well as a medic. If you ever need babysitting, call me and I'll be there" she offered kindly before taking interest in the topic of trades.

"What trades have you acquired, or at least, aspire to earn?" She asks, leaning forward a bit with curiosity.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Illecebra grinned and dipped her head in a playfully bashful way, looking up at Krypton with a smile "Thank you, For the compliment and the correct pronounciation. Most people mess it up, even after hearing me say it to them" she said with laughter in her tone. She liked this woman already and felt they would get along rather well.

Her ears perked at the way that Krypton spoke the word parenthood, and gave her a curious look. She waited for Krypton to stop asking her questio and thought about it. "I have several fights under my belt and grew up aspiring to be a mercenary, however I am somewhat interested in the more nurturing trades now that Mawk has managed to soften me. Medicine, mentoring, those sorts of things" she said with a small smile.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
Krypton thought the same thing Illecebra did, they were for sure going to get along together, like two peas in a pod. The tawny woman kept her attention on the conversation and smiled as she heard the trades the other woman aspired to earn.

She grew excited to know another experienced mercenary, at least, somewhat of one, was in the pack to lend another set of teeth in case that was needed. But upon hearing about the nurturing trade, Krypton grew even more excited. She was hoping to earn her medical trade soon and hoped maybe this woman could help her, maybe even in puppy sitting, all of that.

"Well, I'm glad to hear we have another experienced fighter here, never hurts to make sure we're well protected" she says happily. "But it's also nice to know that we have another caregiver, I'm usually the only one patching others up" she says jokingly.

Although it was a joke, it was actually the truth. Krypton remembered how there were only a few other apprentices in learning the ways of healing and nurturing. For the most part, she has remained as the sole "mother hen" of the pack. It would be nice to have someone else join her.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Cebra nodded completely agreeing though her mind went to her fight with the black furred purple eyed female back at Ganador. She winced as she remembered how she had almost died because she foolishly fought back instead of running for the hills. If she had died Mawk would be alone, and their babies wouldn't be here right now. Even though she hadn't died she had almost lost her children, there had been pains in her belly that brought the fear of the gods upon her. "I could...use some more practice. I've gotten my behind kicked quite a few times" She admitted openly and looked at the ground.

"I don't know much of herbs. I know that chamomile and lavender are soothing, and mint if chewed with honey can soothe coughs and sore throats. Honey is hard to come by though" she said thinking about what she did know. She remembered how her father had fixed a dislocated shoulder once but she didn't think she'd ever be able to do it herself. "My dad once fixed a dislocated shoulder by grabbing the wolf's leg in his jaws and yanking it hard." she said thoughtfully.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
"Join the club" Krypton said, her eyes blinking slowly. She has had her behind handed to her a couple of times, she was originally successful with her "adrenaline search" she had awhile ago, but she's had plenty of spars and fights where she ended up on bottom. "I'm no professional by any means, but I hope to earn the guardian trade soon" she said with a thoughtful expression. As the conversation transitioned over to herbs and healing, the beta woman listened attentively, curious as to what Illecebra knew. For the talk of lavender, she understood that part at least, and she remembered the oddball wolf, Moonshadow, talking about honey healing sore throats. She made sure to make note of all she was being taught and told, for it would come in handy later, especially the talk of a dislocated shoulder.

"I don't know much about broken bones and dislocation, but the decision of yanking it seemed wise, or at least, trying to pop it back in place," she commented as she gave thought to what she could exchange, "I'm used to dealing with obvious things, more specifically wounds." Krypton lifted her gaze to look around the area real quick to see if there was anything she could point out. There, behind Illecebra, stood a well-spun web, large and thick. "There," she said with a swing of her muzzle to show direction, "those cobwebs are usefull for stopping bleeding, they're relatively clean, not to mention thickly-spun ones such as that one are a really good bandage" she said. To Krypton, she enjoyed being able to share her knowledge with others, it was like being in some sort of seminar, or like a melting pot of knowledge.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Illecebra turned to look at the web and nodded as she was told what it was for "I've heard of Cobwebs being used to hold herb soaked moss onto infected wounds and the such. Useful material" She said with a smile. She was glad she had someone here to teach her things, and maybe they could become sparring partners as well. "I have a suggestion. If you woud teach me what you know of Herbal medicine and the such, maybe we could become sparring partners?" she asked eyeing Krypton hopefully.
545 Posts
Ooc — Captain
She absorbed the information like a sponge, storing it into her brain into specific places so she may call upon it later where it would be deemed useful. Her brain was pretty organized compared to how she used to be, it was like a big filing cabinet. Once she made note of the new info, Krypton's glazed over eyes became frosty and alive again as she listened to Illecebra and her suggestion.

Ah, teaching medic things whilst gaining a new sparring partner? Sounded like a good plan to her, both would benefit. Krypton would help really learn her material of what she knows and really solidfy it in her head while helping her gain her guardian trade. A win win for the two of them. "You've got yourself a deal, Illecebra" she says in a happy and excited tone, "it's great knowing we both get a benefit out of it." 

Now that that was settled, krypton remembered the female talking about her family. "If you don't mind me asking, can you tell me a little about your family that you have here? I think I have still met to meet the rest of them" she says with a smile, hoping to not be too intrusive.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Illecebra beamed as the deal was agreed to, her tail wagging behind her as she thought about training for two trades with someone who seemed of similar mind to her. She had been keeping to herself for the most part around the pack for the past month but she now had a friend, and something to keep her busy outside of caring for the children. Krypton asked about her family and her eyes twinkled as she thought about where to begin, deciding to start at Mawk. "I was raised in a family that looked down upon men as anything outside of workers and breeding tools. I never really agreed with it but still, being raised in it I obviously thought less of them. It was after I became close with a male in my pack and my mother punished him for it that I ran away. I entered Teekon and during a heat period I met Mawk. Initially I was distant with him, but he was so funny and charming and....different. That tail of his....he made me laugh with it. We became close and we joined a pack called Ganador Bypass, and a few months later during another heat I bore his children." She started smiling fondly at the memories.

She looked over in the direction of the den and sighed softly "Burr,Cyron, and Rowana. All three are so different from one another, but they are good. Burr is more laid back and quiet though he has an adventurous side, Rowana is my little warrior fierce and strong willed, and Cyron...." she laughed softly and turned her gaze back to Krypton "Cyron is a sweet,innocent, clumsy child who can easily make me smile on any day" she said softly with pride in her voice. Her family.....they were the best thing to ever happen to her.