King Elk Forest all the things
37 Posts
Ooc — Margot
Time had not been kind. Uka had seen its adverse affects on everyone around him as they grew old and he grew handsome, but now that life was beginning to catch up to him, he knew he wouldn't be able to deny it for much longer. Here he was, in his prime (or past it, really, but he'd never admit that), with nothing to show for it. He had no mate, no children (to his knowledge), not even a trade that he could claim. Now that Uka was a real part of a real pack, he'd need a real job, as working as a concubine was no longer an option.

He made his way to the clearing where they'd had their founding call only the day before and began sniffing around at the lush foliage. No, I need something more important, he thought to himself as the passing thought of becoming a naturalist drifted through his mind. He'd need something like hunter, or mercenary, even scout would do!; but none of those were possible, as Uka was plenty aware. With a sigh, he called for @Mato, hoping the Morwinyon could give some insight.
Naturalist           Chronicler
1 2 3 4 5              1 2 3 4 5

his crown was ever changing made as it was by leaves and berries of the season
228 Posts
Ooc —
Mato could not have been happier: Tindómë was real, tangible. It was much more than just an idea now: it was a infant kingdom and there was a swell of pride in his chest layered with silvered downy fur. He’d been hesitant at first, unsure if he could find any that would share in his vision, that would follow one as young as he ( often times he has to remind himself that he’s not quite yet a year old ) but he did it; and they’d came together and formed much faster than he could have ever imagined. Tindómë was everything he hoped it would be and more. He just finishes his patrol when Uka’s call resounds through the forest, carried on the breeze. Good timing, Mato thinks and adjusts his course so that his path will lead him to Uka.

It is not long before the empyrean comes upon the older male and tips his crown in a regal greeting. “Hello Uka,” The Morwinyon greets the Núro, his umbra dipped ears cupping forth signifying that his subordinate has his rapt and undivided attention. “What can I help you with?” He inquires, encouraging the other male to divulge the nature of this meeting.
37 Posts
Ooc — Margot
Uka gave a similar dip of greeting, with a, Mato, how are ya?, tagged onto the end. He drew in a deep sigh, turned to the bushes around them, then over his shoulder to where the King Elk stood only the night before, before returning his attention to the Morwinyon. I, uh, there's just a few things I've been thinking about. One of 'em being a trade, since its probably best for me to pick one up. He'd also thought a lot about whether or not Mato'd had some secret communion with the King Elk where they'd agreed to both drive Uka equally crazy, but those thoughts would just have to wait. 

I wanna do something that'll help everyone, but I've never been trained in anything like that. Any suggestions?

228 Posts
Ooc —
“I am well, thank you,” Mato responds to Uka’s question and parts his lips to return it, “and how are you?” with genuine interest in the soft cadences of his voice. He knows his wolves, perhaps not as well as he would like ( but he very much seeks to remedy that ) but there is plenty of time spread out before them now that Tindómë is formed and their days are not so filled with the drive to claim what is theirs. There is a rise of approval to the druid’s brows as the Núro speaks that he was thinking of a trade; that was definitely good to hear. Mato has not yet pushed any of them towards picking and earning a trade though he knows that most of them are already working on it. He does not wish to push. He does not want to have to be harsh and commanding …but he knows that he can and will be if he needs to be. The empyrean reclines comfortably upon his haunches as Uka states that he want’s to do something that will help everyone and seeks suggestions from Morwinyon. The starlit king would never presume to force his wolves into a trade they would not like but he realizes that it falls to him to guide them towards one they might like and do well in if they do not have a definitive idea. “Hmm,” The empyrean draws, contemplative. To Mato, all trades serve to help everyone in the pack and if he is going to offer Uka helpful suggestions the choices will need to be narrowed down a bit. “What interests you? What do you enjoy doing?” Mato inquires thinking that Uka’s interests is a good place to start and that together perhaps the pair could narrow down from there.
37 Posts
Ooc — Margot
Loaded questions, Uka laughed, though he didn't wish to delve any deeper into that hole than necessary. I can't do things that you might expect, like hunting or fighting. I've been told that makes me a bit of a freeloader, but I'm sure I can provide in other ways. I like...I like water. But he wasn't a fisher. It can tell you a lot, I figure. For instance, you gotta nice population of fish, the water is safe. If you don't, you might wanna consider moving. That can be pretty important to look out for. Never know whatcha' might be drinking. As he grew older, Uka realized that some wolves were a lot more careless than they liked to admit. Normally, seeing dead bodies floating to the surface and rotting on the coast would scream, Hey! Get outta here while ya still can! rather than, Sunday buffet, ready to go!

He looked to Mato with a slightly nervous gaze, hoping that his ramblings wouldn't have put him completely off. Although he still wasn't completely enamored with the structure of Tindómë, Uka was a man of his word. When he'd committed to joining, he made an understood promise that he'd provide for his pack for however long that relation remained. These thoughts weren't necessarily at the front of his mind every day, but they'd certainly crossed a few times. Y'I'dn't'kn'w, he mumbled, almost as if he were laughing off his previous confessions.

228 Posts
Ooc —
“Personally, I think that hunter and mercenary are a bit overused in terms of trades,” Mato admits. Of course, he understands their usefulness, the roles they play and he would never begrudge a wolf from wanting to be a hunter and mercenary, if that is what makes them happy. He, himself, strives for guardian though only because it strikes him as practical for his title. He is not a fighter, no, but he would go to war to protect Tindómë. He would kill for them, die for them to keep them safe, if that was what it took. “Hm, sounds like Naturalist might work well for you, then. Geologist, perhaps, for a specialty.” Geologist was more for earth but Mato counted water in there as well. It was a general subject, in his opinion. Mato had once strove for geologist but abandoned it in pursuit of focusing upon mercenary and his astronomer specialty. Perhaps, one day, he might resume it but for now he had to limit himself lest he accidentally spread himself too thin. “It’s very useful knowledge to have,” Mato muses sincerely. “My birth pack could have used your knowledge when their water source became poisoned and the wolves began to fall ill.” As far as Mato was aware no one had died and that was extremely lucky; fortunately for the druid himself, he’d been traveling with the Vale when that had went down.
37 Posts
Ooc — Margot
Whatever preconceptions Uka had of Mato, well, they were essentially gone out of the window by now. For an alpha to encourage rather than condemn a trade such as his own, it was a rare occurrence. He gave a slightly confused tilt of his head and a sheepish smile but decided that he'd better not look a gift horse in its mouth. I think you might be right, he said, but I'm not too sure how I feel about digging in the dirt all day. There were other specialties and they would not go ignored, at least, until Uka made it to that point. 

A more personal story was briefly brought to light which left Uka unsure of what to do next. He'd never been a fan of sympathy himself, so thinking that someone else might was ridiculous in his mind. On that same note, leaving it open probably wouldn't have been the best solution. Uka sighed, taking in a deep breath, then began to speak, I became interested in water 'cause something like that happened when I was younger, too. We didn't all make it, though. The deaths of his family were rarely spoken of, mainly because they didn't matter much to him anymore. Besides, the majority of his pack made it out stark clean, so it was nothing to dwell on.

228 Posts
Ooc —
Mato, personally saw geologist as a very broad subject but Uka appeared to have a very specific idea of the specialty. In the end, though, it was all up to Uka and so Mato accepted his words with a silent nod. Their topic turns to a grim subject then as Mato changes it to the poisoning of the Fen’s water source only to learn that something very similar had happened to Uka except for the other male it had been much worse. Some of the wolves of his natal pack had not made it and whereas Mato had never experienced it himself: Uka had. “I am sorry to hear that.” The empyrean offers his condolences in a soft rumble, umbra dipped ears fluttering against his skull. In the case that this is a sore subject for Uka, Mato does not wish to linger upon it long but has a brief moment of struggle as he tries to think of a way to change the subject without being insensitive as well. After a long stretch of moments the druid gives a soft clear of his throat. “What else do you enjoy?” The Morwinyon inquires of his packmate wondering if there was a second trade he may be able to suggest for Uka or if naturalist was enough to work towards for now.
37 Posts
Ooc — Margot
Uka sighed, shaking his head only once, I don't think there is. Maybe there was something hidden in there that he'd yet to uncover but having to dig through his personal drawers and the memories inside of them was more intimidating than he would have like to admit. Anyone around here who can help me? Uka wasn't a fan of asking for help unless he was physically incapacitated, but even he knew that learning an entire trade by one's self was a lot to take on.

228 Posts
Ooc —
Mato lets out a soft, unassuming hum when Uka informs him that he didn’t think there was anything else that interested him — which was fine. Mato himself was only ever interested in the heavens and the earth. Mercenary was only a necessary evil for him. Evil ( so to speak ) because he does not like fighting but he feels that he is obligated to take on guardian as their Morwinyon; and truly he doesn’t mind patrolling. Thus far, there has been no disturbances in or near Tindómë and though he isn’t about to let his guard down he’s grateful for the relative peace they enjoy at the edge of the Teekon Wilds. “My grandfather’s mate, Malice and I are both Naturalists,” Mato speaks, contemplative. “and my sister Nova is an aspiring one.” The druid offers. The pair speak for a little while longer before eventually parting ways.