Stone Circle Children of the Standing Stones
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
@Steph @Ezra @Clary. Bit of pp, tell me if you want it changed. Other pack members can make a cameo but Valette wouldn't allow anyone inside of the den.

Valette had a strange feeling. She felt a bit restless and couldn't find a right position. She was glad for the soft bedding that comforted her positions. Yet, tonight something was off. She had a hazy sleep all through the early evening. After midnight the female felt an intense pain going through her abdomen. She let out a soft wine. She instantly nosed over her belly. What if something was wrong? She wanted to panic but her instinct didn't really tell her that something was badly wrong.

Valette shifted to her side and groaned. This was no fun anymore. She felt too large. Another wave of pain moved through her body. She gritted her teeth. Her instinct told her to be quiet. She had the feeling her babies were coming. A groan was followed by a rush of fluids. Valette was a bit surprised by it but couldn't focus on it too much as another contraction agonized her. Automatically she started to push. It hurt. She wished Steady was here to comfort her.

However, the female was determined to put all her babies in this world. So she tried to think away the pain. It was close to impossible. She had to push hard before she birthed the first pup. She could hear it! It was alive. It was dark in color like her, and Steady. Valette moved to inspect the little thing. It didn't feel little before though, but now it looked so tiny. The young mother was in love. She started licking the pup clean and noticed it was a little female. But she was reminded of Steady.

Valette licked her clean. Secretly, she already given her a name, Steph, after Steady. She nosed the little girl after she was all clean. The pain reminded her that more were coming but now it was a good reminder she wanted many more of these adorable tiny babies. She lied down again. Valette nudged the first born closer to her belly. Drink little one, she thought. The pain continued. She was far more eager to push now.

This one felt larger but she reminded herself that soon the pup would look really tiny. She let out a groan, pushing hard. She was met with a loud voice. Valette could only smile though. She eagerly picked the gray pup and started to clean her second newborn. She hummed softly, though that hum was interrupted by another contraction. Valette wanted to push but she also wanted to spend quality time with her son. She had a son and a daughter. How perfect.

Another contraction forced her to place Ezra, named after Ezekiel's suggestion, next to his dark sister. They could keep each other warm while they would fill their bellies with warm milk. Valette had to push once more. Now, she was getting used to the feeling. The idea of meeting another puppy made the pain diminish. With one final push, the last one was born. Valette grabbed the third pup and started to lick her dry. Trying to make them feel as welcome as she could. It was another girl. Also, gray like her biological father.

She placed her by another teat after licking her clean, thoroughly. Valette grunted as she felt another contraction. She puffed. She was starting to feel extremely tired. She felt something being birthed but there were no sounds. She was worried as she looked behind her. But it was no pup it was a blood mass. Her ears flattened. Valette wasn't sure if it was normal but she felt better without those contractions. The mother couldn't keep her eyes off her newborns. She curled more around them to keep them warm and offered them licks and kisses. Valette was so happy. Her tail couldn't stop thumping against the ground.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
YAY PUPS! Here's a Zeke cameo :)

Ever since he'd seen Valette looking so tired, he'd started to spend less time patrolling the borders and more time catering to her every wish. He'd hunt for her, and collect all sorts of trinkets for her nest. He'd stay as long as she's tolerate him, and then he'd head back to the borders. Today he was coming back from his dawn patrol and heading to Val's den when he smelled a different smell, and sensed quite a ruckus. He ran full speed now, for he was sure that it meant the pups were coming.

By the time he got there, Val's cries and grunts ended. He could smell blood, but more important newborn pups. He knew Val wouldn't want him in the den, he'd realized how picky she really was over the past weeks. So he stood outside, just beside the entrance. He would stand watch, and make sure they were safe. Soon, he hoped, Val would let him in, and let him see his children. Every so often he'd turn his head and lean around the corner, hoping to catch a peek, but he'd look away quickly when Val looked up from the bundles. All that he could tell was that one of them was dark brownish black. The other two he hadn't seen.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Once the pups were born the female realized that there was someone outside of her den. She instantly felt threatened. She had been in her own world for a long time and now she was pulled out of it. The female didn't want to share them with anyone yet. They were too tiny. When Zeke glanced around the corner a vicious snarl came from her throat. She didn't want him close. Not now. She shifted a bit so all the tiny bundles were protected from anyone entering the den.

They would have to go through her first. When she felt Zeke glimpsed inside again she had enough and dashed forward with her teeth bared. She realized how sure and how much in pain she was. But she wasn't going to let anything happen to them. It was a clear back off signal. Perhaps other members of the pack could keep Zeke company but he wasn't getting inside. Valette had been so primal due to the birth she didn't really want to verbally tell Zeke off for coming too close. She slowly retreated around the shadows and curled around her three bundles of joy once more.

Poor Zeke <3 Can someone tell him all new mama's are protective? :P
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Unfortunately, Nanook won't be much help in that! I'll post with Clary in a bit (: edit// which likely means tomorrow, since my brain is more dead from travelling than I thought...

Another month. Those had been her sister's words a month ago, when Desna had first told her of the pups, and when Nanook had agreed to the mantle of aunt and everything that title incurred. What those things were, Nanook still didn't know. A month ago, she had wondered at the strangeness of it all, and, during her tenure of mapping both the land and sky, Nanook had paused in her study with those words in mind. Another month. That night, a month ago, the moon had shone through the peek of a crescent, hardly anything of a marvel. But to the young Apaata, the return of that little cresent meant everything tonight, and a thrill ran through her paws as the sun set and the moon took hold of the sky.

On normal nights, Nanook started and finished her travels with a sweep past her sister's den, to greet the mother and check in briefly before turning to hunting, or studying, or tracking the skies. Tonight, Nanook adjusted her regular circuit to carry her past Desna's den more than usual. A lot more. She made her first pass just before sunset - on schedule with her usual routine, but made a second pass shortly after. She'd made a third sweep when excitement couldn't keep her away, but by her fourth pass, just before midnight, she began to wonder, when nothing seemed to change but the position of the moon, if she was maybe she was being a little too eager.

So after some internal debate, Nanook decided to slip away, on the reasoning that the pups wouldn't go anywhere even if she missed their birthing. So instead of slinking back to the den in the hour past midnight, the woman stayed away and preoccupied herself with other things - the skies were clear, again, which meant no rain; the track of the rabbit ran thick with the fury of fox partway into the glade, which meant she should probably follow the fox and put an end to him, too - but her mind tarried on one catching clause: what if like ma, Desna didn't come up from the ground? The pressure of the worry built inside and squirmed beneath her fur, until she snapped. Her teeth clicked with a bite to the air, aimed no where in particular, and, with fur raised, she spun around and made her limber legs carry her to the den a little time before the sun rose.

Nanook stopped a fair distance away, when the scent of blood reached her nose and her stomach lurched. No. No, no, no - and she crawled forward, in time to see Ezekiel, and - to her own relief - the flash of Desna's teeth in the shadow of the den.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
if your wings are broken, borrow mine so yours can open too
130 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
How does one pup how does one birth I don't even know what I am doing.

This was her debut, her grand entrance, her moment to shine. To slam open the double-doors and shout to the world, Hello world! and to hear the world singing in full chorus back. Cheers and yips and hip-hoorahs for her sudden explosion onto the scene - or, well, that's what this moment could have been, had the tiny pup ears to hear and eyes to see and mouth to speak, and understanding to think much beyond the instinctive kicks to really just get her out of here in the quickest way possible.

Now, what that exactly meant, for both her and her compadres in space, went above and beyond her little head, but, bless her heart, she didn't let that faze her from acting as one of the most voracious kickers in the history of puppidom. The strange new pulsing of the walls only encouraged her to kick harder - until she kicked at nothing at all, and her thrusting paws struck empty space where her floating mates had once floated with her. Oh - well that was new, and the walls rippled around her in some strange and freaky rhythm that kind of felt right. She still squirmed, but her actions proved futile against the stronger movements that pulsed her along, and soon she figured that really, there was nothing much she could do from there but enjoy the ride.

Weeee?

Without much control of her own, the little girl slip-slithered onto something much chillier than what she'd come out of, and the shock against her tender belly expelled a pitiful cry. So she kicked in protest - until she found the walls had fallen to some wondrous delight. Freedom. Sweet, sweet freedom. Kicking only hit more of that empty space, and whatever cry had formed in her throat came now as a gurgley sort of coo, lasting even through her momentary flight to something much warmer, and the pleasant rhythm of something stroking her back. And even when that warm one left for a moment, and she tried to find her way back - oh! Her side jostled against some other body, and she poked her nose at a similar fuzzy lump. Her little rump wiggled. The thing felt so like the things she'd kicked with for the past two months, and she figeted around to try and pile ontop of them.
391 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Valette's cries made Illecebra wake up, her ears perking forward on alert. She listened in for a few moments before realizing what was going on. She smiled softly and placed several soft kisses to the brows of her own children, who were sleeping in a furry pile beside her. She peeled herself away,unable to stay away from the birthing of her new alpha's babies.

She left the den quietly and moved toward Valette's den just in time to see her warn off Ezekiel with a baring of her fangs. She felt a pang of pity for the male and moved to stand beside him a few feet away "Don't worry about that, the mama instinct is showing fiercely. I wouldn't hardly let Mawk anywhere near me while I was giving birth. I snarled and growled at him as if he was a bear trying to eat us" she said with amusement and looked at him. The scent of childbirth and blood was strong, very strong. It made hher yearn for more babies but she shoved the desire away with a quiet snort of amusement. She had her family, and now she should focus on raising the children and gainingaining some trades not continuing to make more children.
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
The first born of the litter had been a little reluctant to come out. She had been snuggled in the warm embiotic fluid that kept her nourished and happy at all times. Well, except for the times her siblings and she fought for space. But, mostly, she was content to stay exactly where she was. Nature, however, had other plans for her. When the contractions started, Steph was opposed, and squirmed against them. The more she squirmed, the more she moved further and further away from her original spot. 

Suddenly, the pack of protective fluid was gone, and the cold air greeted Steph. This she did not like. Not at all. She squirmed, but didn't make a sound. Then there was a warm tongue gliding over her body, and she moved into it. Something nudged her closer to a warm body and she glady curled up to it. The smell of milk had her instinctually latching on to a nipple. She was happy for a few moment, but it seemed this warm creature was always moving, and it made it difficult to keep a latch. She heard nothing around her, but she could feel the vibrations in the ground when the creature moved. Wanting to feed more, she finally made a sound, willing the milk bar to return. Finally, it returned and she nestled into it. Though, now there were others her size to contend with on the nipple. Steph hastily grabbed the one she choose, and latched on for dear life. She would not be shaken by the movement and pushes of her siblings.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai was there too, arriving shortly after Nanook and Ezekiel did. He caught them peeking inside, but when Nikai arrived he noticed there wasn't all that much that he could see. Nikai didn't know much about little pups but as he looked inside and saw one of the tiny ones wriggling about he realised how little and frail they looked. It didn't surprise him that his mother would not want anyone else near in fear of them hurting them somehow. Nikai looked at Ezekiel and Nanook and said, "Is there anything I can get her or do for her?" He wasn't sure if his mother was in any shape to talk to anyone but he wanted to do, well, something rather than just stand here with the rest of them. Maybe Ezekiel or Nanook knew what he could do.
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
I wasn't sure if there was a posting order, so my apologies if this is out of turn!

Having seen her sister's flash of teeth, Nanook hesitated. To get between those fangs was the least bit inviting. But Desna... Nanook had never seen her sister bare her anger like that, not against anyone she cared for. Had something gone wrong when she'd given birth? Was that why the stench of blood stained the air? A quiet whine pressed from the Apaata's throat. Every inch of knowledge she held of the stars and of the earth fled in that moment, and the sky seemed to stretch forever. How she would have traded Polaris herself to know how to help - but instead she approached with empty and helpless hands.

Nikai and another woman had since approached. The latter seemed to know better of what went down in the dark and dug out earth where Desna made her dwelling. Nanook cupped her ears to catch her words, but something in the reassurance didn't settle. Her mouth frowned, but before Nanook could worry her thoughts further, star-kissed Nikai spoke, and Nanook glanced at Ezekiel, then to Nikai, then to the den with growing uncertainty. She didn't move, didn't know what to do - but her heart echoed the star-boy's desire to help. Her mind ran.

If Desna wouldn't see Ezekiel, she wouldn't want to see her - but maybe, Desna would at least talk to her. The idea seemed bound for pain, but Nanook couldn't just stand there. And so, with a fleeting glance to Nikai, the sister hunkered down and crept forward an inch, still far from peeking in, but close enough, she hoped, for Desna to hear. From a parched mouth she let out a soft and questioning noise, to see if she - if they - could do anything, or if her sister just wanted to be left alone.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
sunflower boy
62 Posts
Ooc — Kara
He would have stayed incubating in his mother's womb, had it been his choice. His sister was the first to go, and initially, the freed-up space had been comforting until the sister behind him had given him the shove that would send him shooting out into the open air as the second born. There was a moment of hesitance, confusion, terror, all these different emotions he had not felt before, and then came the screaming and the fight for survival began. He barreled his way towards the emanating heat source, simply knowing that he was hungry, and that very source had the heat would satisfy the emptiness in his stomach; clambering over more confusing blobs. There really was nothing special about the boy at birth. For now, he would remain a blob of fat with a temper, gnawing on what he could where he could. There was no sign that he would become what he was destined to be while he eventually passed out at the side of his mother, not yet at least.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
There were a lot of wolves in front of her den and all of them felt like a threat. Nanook sounded a questioning whine. Valette felt a bit bad. She realized that all these wolves were here to help her but for now, she didn't need their help yet. "I'm okay. I just want to be left alone for now," she admitted softly and then disappeared in the den.

She started to lick her babies clean once more. Later she might howl if she needed something, for now, there wasn't much they could do. She wanted to enjoy her babies and make sure they would have the best start in life. They were tiny and vulnerable, she would decide when anyone of the pack was allowed to come close.

No posting order. This is my last post. I will archive on the 20th of this month so everyone can make an ending for their character if they like! :3.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nobody seemed to know what to do. Nikai just stared at the others in query but they didn't really seem to know either. Nanook stepped forward to offer noise into the den, essentially asking his question, though Nikai'd wanted to unburden Valette by asking the others. He guessed the others hadn't been at many birthings, either. As the answer came Nikai nodded, let out a short chuff in farewell to them and Valette, and started making his way to the borders to make sure the pack and pups were safe.