Moonspear and if i say to you tomorrow
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Luckily they saw or heard no bees, which was a relief. They must've gone elsewhere, to search for the attackers or maybe just to build their bee-den up again elsewhere. Who knew how bees worked. Anyway, Charon pawed at the thing to pull it apart. Jarilo seemed as excited as his father as he helped try pulling it apart, and eventually it came apart at the middle, falling open to reveal the honeycomb inside.

"Ha!" Charon said excitedly. "See? That's honey. It's in there." Charon carefully licked at it, and the sweet taste of the honey on the tip of his tongue brought back sweet memories of his childhood.
parts of stars, parts of legends
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
He was on guard for more surprise bees until it did split open, revealing instead of bees, the weird combs: the source of the sweet scent--to which his eyes bugged curiously as he admired the blobby and sticky-covered shapes. "Uhhh..!" he said, looking at it confused but highly interested. Not what he expected something like that to contain.. or to even look that way when it smelled so rich.

Charon licked it and Jarilo blinked, though crept in closer too so he could get a sampling of his own. The second it touched his tongue, the taste and texture busied him up immediately and he cared a little less about his achy bits. He messily licked at his lips, took another lap, and his initial trepidation started to wane with something that tasty on his tastebuds. His tail picked up a slow wag. "That's.. it's weird but I like it. It's so cool they can make that??" he said still tasting it so vividly and having nothing close to compare the sensation to. "Can we show the sisters??" he asked hopefully at his father. Vela and Galaxy actually came to mind first for the young boy, but any, or all of them would make him glad--he wanted them to get to know about this too.
[Image: FTnkWJH.png]
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
want to wrap this up with a fade maybe? :D i keep forgetting it bc it's so far down my threadlog by now haha

Jarilo too tried some of it. They were lucky that there didn't seem to be any bees that got stuck in the honey there. Charon smiled as his thoughtful son asked if they could show Vela and Galaxy. He was growing up to be a pretty good kid, he thought to himself, even if a bit awkward and meek at times. Time would fix those things, Charon was sure.

"We can definitely show it to them. I'm not sure if we can transport it, though.. maybe we should gather them and bring 'em here." They could always call, of course, see if they were nearby. This definitely seemed like a thing they should see.
parts of stars, parts of legends
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
saaame here, lmao. i will wrap :D
He did not even fathom the usefulness this kind of information could be for him down the line--but no doubt, it was certainly there. Having known nothing about it beforehand, he never would have thought to look in a bee-den for such a sweet treasure, or even anything of that much interest; without his father's prompting, he would not have even known this was a thing, let alone where to find it. Now, though, he knew, and this knowledge had him pleased, so he would wear it proudly.

"Yess..!" he yapped, encouraged and not caring that they couldn't transport it, because like many things, he hadn't considered it yet. He had a lot to share with them.. all about how they had struggled and fought to bring this treat down, of course. He was eager to get to that part--before his tiredness caught back up again, and he crashed for the eve. "They can just come here if they wanna see then," he smirked, then would help in summoning them to here to show off what they had found this afternoon--once he was sure he had seen (and tasted) enough for himself, of course. It had been worth it, he decided.
[Image: FTnkWJH.png]