Sunspire Mountains Looking Down
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
All Welcome 
Pema continued her journey into the wilds. She wasn't sure what she was looking for but whatever it was she was having a hard time finding it. Having had few interacts with other wolves she was beginning to become sceptical of this place, as to wheather or not she would find a place to call home here. With no destination in mind she continued her way West which brought her to this mountainious region of the Teekon Wilds. She set out to assend the mountains to get a better view of what lied below them. The rivers she had traveled by were faintly visable behind her as she began to climb the mountain. 

The beginnign parts of the mountain that she as assending were rather easy to treverse. More hilly then mountanious. The air felt cleaner up her and so she breathed it in and took her time. Watching the world below her.
304 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
*sneaks Mur in*
Things were going well for the easy-going male. He liked his new pack well enough, even though they had a mess of kids to avoid. The women there were easy on the eyes, and no one had tried to bother him thus far. He was generally allowed to do as he pleased, so long as he kept up his share of the hunting and border marking, and that suited Murdock just fine.

He could only hope that his pack wouldn't miss him if he took a quick sojourn into the mountains. He had missed the feel of new ground beneath his paws, and sought to ease a bit of the restlessness that'd built up in his heart since settling down in these lands. He liked Easthollow, but it was a relatively small territory, compared to the miles and miles of land he'd crossed to get there.

So he climbed, and just when the ache in his heart began to ease, he came upon a pretty tan shewolf, vibrant in her youth but well into womanhood.

Murdock couldn't pass up the chance to throw out a line.

Don't often see angels even this high up. What're you doin' down here, beautiful?
[Image: AIUhSFO.png?2]
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
With everything being so quite around her, it was easy to hear someone climbing up the mountain behind her. Her tail began to sway almost subconsciously knowing that there was indeed other wolves in the area. So many possibilites could come from this moment. She had nothing to go for, that anything would be benefitial to her. Even if it was only someone to talk to.

Once they came into view she was an older, muscular male. His coat fulled with different shades of duller browns. She wasn't expecting him to compliment her. It made her blush and giggle a bit, both at the unexpectedness and about how cheesy it was. But she appriciated it none the less and actually quite enjoyed its quality. She didn't often recieve compliments about her appearance. 

"Very cleaver." she said with the last of her giggling. "I was just walking around... Giving my wings a rest. What about you?" she asked with a smile.

304 Posts
Ooc —
Ah, so she's got a sense of humor, this one, thought Murdock, his tail wagging in idle pleasure at his pell-mell greeting being reciprocated. Although many women took it as a compliment, there were some that didn't appreciate that sort of attention. Murdock prefered the former.

"Just a'wonderin' the mountainside," he replied with a tiny shrug, moving a bit closer to sniff over the stranger before stepping back to yield to her personal space once more. He sat beside her on the ledge (seeing no reason to stand, if he didn't need to) and peered at her over his shoulder, studying her pretty features and plush winter coat. "I felt the need to go a'roamin', just to get away from the pack for a while."

When he felt he'd been looking a little too long, he turned his head back toward the view of the valley floor, feeling very content in the presence of the pretty woman, despite not knowing her name. "But I might've come just for the view, if I'd known it'd be like this," he told her, flirtation gone from his voice. He really did mean the view of the valley, although the same was completely true about her looks. Murdock could be persuaded to any number of places by a pretty face.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Like her, he had been wondering the mountain side. But unlike her, he was in a pack. She though he might be a scout, but it wasn't only scouts who chose to venture out of the territory from time to time. 

He came closer and began inspecting her scent, an often common introductary action between wolves. Though some thought that words were enough. She took a whiff of his scent too. With in his coat she could smell others of his pack. Not well enough that she would know their numbers or know which scent belonged to whom, but his personal scent was the strongest of them all.

He layed down beside her, glancing back at her for awhile. She did the same watching him as the breeze gentle grazed her pelt. His attention then went to the view. She took a few steps forwards towards the ledge to get a better look herself. "It is beautiful isn't it." she stated retorically looking down at the valley below. "Is this your first time seeing it?" she ask. He was in a pack which could mean that he frequented this place often, at least more then her who was seeing it for her first time.

304 Posts
Ooc —
Two-toned eyes slid back to the woman's soft, tawny form as she spoke. She had a sweet voice, and sweet eyes, and Murdock found himself regarding her with unusual fondness. Perhaps he ought to spend more time with his packmates, if he was going to feel like this about every kind soul he happened to meet.

"No - I saw it the first time I came over the mountain. But I had other things on my mind, then, and I can tell ya - " he snickered at the memory of his gurgling belly -  "it's a lot prettier on a full stomach."

"What about you, angel?" he asked. "Come here often?"
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
He had had the opportunity to see this view before, but seemingly less so. Pema wasn't sure what he was getting at when he mentioned being hungry the first time he saw it. Perhaps he had simply been too eager to find food to really take it in. 

Still looking down the mountain, she couldn't seem to look away easily. This was the first time she had been able to witness what lay before her. What she would experience in her future while in the wilds. There was another large mountain range ahead, with forests, lakes and ponds between them. So many places to go and possible things to do.

A little caught up in her own little moment she almost missed his question. "No not at all. I've only been here a little while... There's so much out there." she said ending in almost a whisper as though she might have been talking to herself. 

He called her angle again to which she smiled, but responded saying, "My name is Pema by the way."
304 Posts
Ooc —
Murdock watched her face as she looked down over the land, wondering when he'd lost that same wonder over the beauty of the world. It seemed like years since he'd stopped and admired something in this way. Even now, with such a view laid out before him, the male found himself qutie without the awe he saw writ across the woman's face. "It's a big world," he agreed, is voice somewhat subdued. "I've walked it for nearly six years, now, and I've still not seen the end of it all."

His eyes strayed back to the horizon, where his gaze seemed to grow further away. "Some say it just goes on forever."

The sound of her name had his eyes snapping back to her face, where they were warm and merry once more. "Are you trying to tell me I can't call you 'angel' anymore?" he asked her, his voice teasing.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Six years was quite a long time to travel or to do anything. He was much older then her, seeing as how she wasn't even a year and a half old while he was at least six. Pema knew that there was no possible way for any wolf to see the entire world and it made her think about how there was always something new to see, somewhere on the earth. 

Pema didn't like to travel as much as a scout might have, but she still appriciated the beauty of the world and would sometime take outings to explore. Otherwise she was a home body, either in the territory of a pack or somewhere close by. But now as she was looking for a pack, she didn't have a home to stay close to. Allowing her to take some extra time taking in the sights. 

"No that's not what I'm saying. I just thought you might want to know... That way you don't get me confused with all the others." she said continuing to pay a small role in this game. She enjoyed this banter between the two, it wasn't quite flirting but she still enjoyed it. Conversations could often times be too serious or only for business purposes.

"So what should I call you?" she asked ready to hear a responce that might not be his real name.
304 Posts
Ooc —
Murdock sensed that she was getting comfortable with the conversation, and so, decided to Mix things up a bit. He was all for conversation, but the male was also curious to see how far Pema was willing to take this game of theirs. Part of him thought she ought to know better than to flirt with strange, older men, but Murdock supposed it could be a fluke. He was harmless, after all, and most wolves realized that before too long.

"What others, angel?" he asked, standing up and moving and crowding a bit closer to her. He darted forward to steal a daring kiss on the cheek. "Seems to me that we're the only ones around." Many long years of such games assured that his voice was smooth as honey, and low like the rumbling of a distant storm. "So you can call me whatever you like... but if you're one for formalities - the name's Murdock. Mur, if you'd rather."
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
He added in another witty comment, which wasn't too surprising for her. But the next thing he did was shocking. As he moved closer she leaned back, not sure what it was he was doing. Once he darted towards her and gave her a kiss on the cheek her face went red. No one had ever been so daring with her before, she was caught inbetween flight and shock.

She took quick steps back, forgetting her surroundings. It wasn't as though she was going to kiss him back, that's not the way she thought this was going. Maybe she had been testing fate, but with her lack of experience in such a situation she didn't know how intreging she was making herself out to be. 

In her shock and lack of spacial awareness her back legs slipped off the ledge they were looking off of. Luckily it wasn't a cliff, but a very steep, rocky slope, easy to slip down and once you got going it was likely would wouldn't stop until you hit the bottom. They weren't at the snowly summet of the mountain, but they were still pretty high up.

Her back legs fell off the edge, bringing the rest of her body with it. She was sliding backwards. She dig her claws into the mountain and was only a few yards down and without any injury. Her heart was pounding out of her chest, though she wasn't sure if it was from the males kiss or this near death experience. She looked up only able to see the edge of the ledge.

304 Posts
Ooc —
Two-toned eyes flew wide as the woman stumbled off the ledge. Murdock's heart leapt into his throat. His mind went, inanely, to his long-lost Chemukh, but such thoughts were fleeting in the panic of the moment.

"Pema!" he shouted, his teeth snapping around the place where her scruff had just been. When he discovered her missing, he wasted no time in dashing after her, only to begin sliding down just as she had.

He slid a few get past her, still trying to scramble toward his companion with a comical look of surprise on his face.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She heard him shout her name and before long he too had gone over the ledge. He had slid done a few feet past her, which caused the rocks under her to move a bit more before she would get her grib again with her claws. It probably wasn't the smartest thing to do but it was considerate at least. It may have been more helpful for him to reach down and pull her up rather then join her on the steep hill, but they wouldn't know now.

She was breathing heavily, huffing as she stood still on the slope. Her legs were shaking and her heart was beating. She needed to take a few moments before she could say anything. "Ok... ok... we are ok." she whispered mainly to herself. She then glanced quickly over her shoulder "Are you all right?" she asked before returning her gaze back up the hill. It was easier to look forward rather then to twist her neck and head. The expereince of fall causing her to forget the reason she had fallen in the first place. 

All she wanted to do now was get back up on top of the ledge. Still out of breath she didn't say much as she began to slowly climb back up the hill, step by step. As she did she would take two steps forwards and the sliding rocks would take her one back, but she was making it in the right direction non the less. 
304 Posts
Ooc —
Now that they'd both skidded to a halt, Murdock was finding it much easier to think rationally. Probably, he should not have jumped after her. He hadn't done either of them much good - but he couldn't have just stood there, could he? "I'm alright," he replied, shaking out his pelt and turning his attention back to Pema. She was beginning to make her way back up, and the male was quick to step behind her.

"I gotchya," he said, bumping his nose against her flank so that she'd know where he was. If she slid, she wouldn't be going far. "If I'd known you'd react so poorly, I wouldn't have touched ya," he grumbled good-naturedly, secretly very amused by her reaction, now that the surprise and worry was behind him.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
They were both alright, and instead of sliding back every few steps, Mur was now there to stop her. At first it was a bit uncomforatble considering what had happened to get them into this mess, but she couldn't deny that it was a big help. So much so that she found herself at the top of the ledge in little to no time before he made his next statement. 

She blushed a bit, though he wouldn't be able to see it with her looking forward. Thinking back to only a few moments earlier, she was embarrassed to have reacted in such a dramatic reaction. "Well..." she began before, pulling herself back onto the ledge and turning around to help Mur if he needed it. "I don't often get kissed by strangers."
304 Posts
Ooc —
Murdock, tactile by nature and nurture both, noticed nothing amiss. They soon made it back to the perch, where the male watched anxiously as Pema ascended before doing so himself.

Back at safety, the male let out a quiet snort of laughter. To think that such a simple touch had almost killed them both was almost more than he could handle, but he reigned in his amusement for the young woman's sake.

"You're sweet," he told her, in case she didn't know how precious her embarrassment was. "I won't do it again. Not looking forward to another tumble."
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
When he told her that she was sweet she turned her head away almost pout like as she blushed still rather embarrased about her reaction. He was being sweet about it but she could tell that he was finding humor in all this. She might too, after she had time to feel less embarrased. 

Not sure what else she was supposed to saying and really wanting to escape this embarrasing situation she said, "Well I should get going." even though she had no place to be. 
304 Posts
Ooc —
Murdock sighed when she mentioned her need to leave the area. He'd been enjoying her company, but it looked like she wasn't the type of girl that could stand him for very long. That was fine; there'd be others, he was sure. Someone with daddy issues, most likely.

The male offered her a wan smile and a wag of his tail. "See you on the other side," he said regretfully, moving to take her place on the ledge. He turned his back to her and looked out over the valley once more, determined not to watch her as she left.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She felt bad having had the encounter end in such a dractic way. It really wasn't the fault of Mur. Or was it after all it was her actions that had lead her to go over the edge. But over all she had been the one to go over and embarras herself. She couldn't really blame him for finding humor in it. And thought it all he had been really courtious about it. 

"Ya. Thanks for the help." she said faintly before leaving towards the west. She didn't want him to think that she now disliked him or that he was at fault, but she just couldn't continue a conversation with such circumstances.