Stavanger Bay When life gives you eggs: make an omelet!
i'M cRaZY?! What's crAZy is that this world refuses to let me be with yOU~!! <3
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
The turn from soil to sand invigorated Maude, the feeling that sparked in her brain akin to getting high or drunk. With each step she sped up, from walk to trot to jog to eventual run as she saw the ocean. The pirate wench was a seafayer by birth and by nature and she despised being away from the clime that she had called home for all of her life. She yipped with delight as she heard the caw of seagulls and the rhythmical heartthrobs of the ocean on the shore. It cried out home to her, and for a brief moment, she forgot about @Arrille's broken heart and their desperation to find a home and jumped into a jig, singing all the while.

Look ahead, look astern,
Look the weather in the lee,
Blow high! Blow low! And so sailed we!
I see a wreck to windward,
And a lofty ship to lee!
A-sailing down along
The coast of High Barbary!
Maude identifies as female, but is physically male.

(She also swears like a (literal) sailor)
459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille had remained silent, he was not even sure why he had gotten angry at Maude. Even though half of him still was angry at his companion, the other wanted to forgive. When Maude went into a song, he felt about to join in. Then didn't, and remained silent, even glancing away off to the side, away from the coast. The coast, it reminded him of what his Mother had told him, where she came from. She had come from here. And Arrille since then had always wanted to visit. Now, he just wanted Mother back, and the sadness was visible on his face.
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Like Arrille, she was still mad at her traveling companion. But they had been together long enough, and she felt bad just leaving him. She had to get him somewhere safe for the winter. She at least had that duty.

She didn't continue singing, letting the last verse echo through the sand, and eventualy be drowned out by the crashing waves. She left them in vocal silence, letting the ambience of the world fill their ears before she finally peeped up again. Wot d'ye want t'do? It was a vague statement, but she wanted to not what he wanted to do next with his life. They didn't find his father, nor his mother, and the pack was entirely gone. What was there left for them to do?

459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
"I...I don't know" he let those words lie there, unsure how to continue with them. Even though he was mad with Maude, Maude was the only one to stay by his side. "What do you think I should do?" he asked, looking for guidance. It was probably the first time he ever asked that, he was always so sure of himself. There was Charon who had given him that offer. He wondered to himself if the offer still stood.
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
She answered quickly. She knew what he had to do, what they both needed to do soon. Find a pack, She declared. We survived well o'er t'summer, but winter's a crueler bitch. We need a crew, at least fer t'winter, But just where was a different situation all together. It had been moons since she had been this far west. Saltwinter had long since collapsed, and perhaps other packs had risen in its place, or perhaps the shore was empty for this season. But they needed to find a group of wolves to live with until the earth warmed again.

459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille had to think about it, they would need to get to somewhere or they would not last. "Uh....well....What about Charon? His offer will still stand, won't it?" Arrille asked to Maude. And they knew how to get back to there. Plus, Charon did state that he was related to Arrille, in some way. Arrille would feel comfortable there, at least in some way he would.

"You would feel comfortable with that, wouldn't you Maude?" If not, well Arrille wasn't too sure where else they could go.

Arrille's mind went to something, something he had not discussed with Maude. "Maude...could my father...is it possible he has another family?"
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Prob'ly yer best bet, She doesn't deny that the thought of living on a mountain was daunting to her, but leaving Arrille with some semblance of family after all or this time was comforting to her. She didn't know what to think of Charon, but he looked sympathetic to Arrille's plight, which was a good sign. Better than having to grovel to some random alpha or Cap'n. Ain't too fond o' mountains, but Oi'm sure I can bring ye there,

His question reflects something she had thought before, but never truly considered. She had summed it up to one simple answer. It would surprise me if he didn't have one.

459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Arrille thought the same, it would be a good plan. Plus, it was as far from the shore as he could go, and it had someone related to him that would give him a good home. "Let's head that way, then. We'll be able to live through the winter" he said, assuming Maude would be staying with him there. He didn't want to admit it, but he felt they had grown close, as friends. 

"I didn't...I didn't want to mention it...but I met a wolf about my age. He looked like me, and called me by my name. Even said that someone had called him that..." He stopped for a moment. "He said...he said my father is dead."
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Maude nodded. It seemed a good place, for him at least. She wasn't fond of the inland, even less so after spending all summer tromping through it. She didn't want to stall here any longer if she wanted to get him to safety, but she didn't even have a minute to start walking before he dropped a bomb on her. 

Wait, wot?! Though she wasn't surprised by the news of some other kid, to actually know that there was one nearby was a surprise to her. When did this 'appen? 

It struck her. Right 'ow can ye believe 'im? She hissed, denial welling up within herself. She couldn't believe that, especially not from some random look a like. Maybe it was just one of this "Floki's" kids. 'e was prob'ly tryin' t' make ye upset. Kids were cruel — She knew that much for certain.

459 Posts
Ooc — Cody
"Some time ago..." he answered sadly. And Maude's words did not cheer him up. He had believed that other wolf. "I don't know who to believe anymore" he said quietly. And from that point on, he kept himself quiet.