Blackfeather Woods My past has tasted bitter
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
All Welcome 
@Ganondorf , @Vaati or @Aries maybs?

It had been a while since her last, true hunt. Sure, she caught a rabbit or rodent whenever it was in her way in their dark forest, but never did she decide to go out to feast. She knew every member they had cared pretty well for themselves. They were all capable, even the spiderlings had shown promise. Sure, life had been pretty rough on one particular twin, but she seemed to be coping with her situation rather well.

Still, going alone didn't feel right. She was their leader, for however long it would last, and teaching their young was one of the tasks she had assigned herself. So, she let out a small howl for all their spiderlings, favoring none of them when doing so.
Nyx carries with her a raven named Tulugak - feel free to reference him (Bio for more info)
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
He had returned to the woods but a few hours prior to hearing Astrid's call. The boy had met that strange long-legged coywolf, Witchbaby, during his travels but other than that he had kept to his own, bringing with him a small limp rabbit that he had caught on his way back. He had buried it and then taken a nap. Neo, upon hearing the howl, which he noted was only addressed to he and the other Spiderlings, got up and swiftly made his way to the Dark Mistress.

When he arrived on the scene it appeared he was the first of the youngsters to get here. Perhaps they were not coming, or were further away than he had been. Neo gave a small wag of his tail and a respectful dip of his head in greeting to Astrid, padding forward a few steps so that they would be within speaking distance. The ash child sensed that there might be something the Dark Mistress wanted to say, or maybe she wanted him to do something, so he sat down on the ground and listened, waiting for what she might say.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
While it was never her intention to favor a child over another, she couldn't help but feel proud when the first spiderling that came around was her own ward. Neo and her had not spent much time actually together since she had brought him there, probably due to her responsibilities as the Dark Mistress. She did feel bad about it, but he was around six months now - surely he was learning more and more how to really function under his peers and become the capable young man he had shown promise to become.

She sat down with him, speckled tail curling around her haunches and resting on her equally speckled feet. She smiled, however briefly, and even though she wanted to, she refrained from motioning him closer for physical affection. She was not his mother, nor was he her son, and she had never been good at hugging and kissing. She blamed her parents for never showing how to love like that. Are you settling in well, Neo? She knew it had been quite a while since his joining, but children could often not feel home for a very long time. Have Potema's children been nice to you?
Nyx carries with her a raven named Tulugak - feel free to reference him (Bio for more info)
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
Truly, Neo was learning more and more as he grew, and he quite liked having this amount of independance - his mother was very protective and although he had appreciated it sometimes, he liked being able to be by himself. Being able to come and go out of the territory as he pleased was also something he liked. Back at Moonspear, he'd had to sneak around if he didn't want his parents dragging him back. And now, here at Blackfeather, he'd already learned to hunt on his own. Meeting others had been important too, and although he had not met every single one, he was settling in more and more.

"Yes, I am. I like it here." He grinned slightly. It was the first place he felt like he actually belonged, which was saying something. His past two homes he had just been pushed around by his packmates, all the time. He didn't remember much of Teaghlaigh, his birthplace, but he remembered that Cassiopeia had fit in easier than he had at Moonspear. His brother, Sirius, was almost a stranger. Having not grown up with him (he didn't really know that part of the reason was to do with Blackfeather, though even if he did he probably wouldn't care), the boy was a mystery. However, Neo did have a tiny, almost a flicker of a memory, and he seemed to remember they had been very alike. He occasionally wondered what it would have been like if Sirius had come with them to Moonspear.

"Mostly, yes - Vaati does not seem to like me very much, but it's understandable. I wouldn't be so easy to trust either." He shrugged. Eventually perhaps the other boy would accept Neo's presence here, maybe not, but the Svartell child had nothing against him, not really.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She was glad Neo was not like her former ward. While she did not know how the white thing had escaped the clutches of the dark woods, she decided it had to do with how he had been feeling. Their woods was no place for just any wolf, after all, and she could see how it might... unsettle some outsiders. She was lucky to have found Neo, as if the stars themselves had led her to the lostling for Moonspear. I am glad. She smiled a pretty smile, though not for long. Happiness and gladness were things she often didn't express, but this was her ward.

Her slightly whitened brows knitted together at his next words, arranging the constellations of speckles upon her forehead yet again. Vaati does not "like" you because you are my ward. She explained vaguely with a rather bitter tone. Apparently I am not pure-blooded in his eyes and therefore not worthy of my love's throne. She added with a sad sigh, still not having done much about Vaati's rebellious spirit. Though she doubted he would attack, as well as his abilities to kill her, it was not a good thing to have such wolves among them. Try not to mention it to him, he will probably deny. Simply play and train with the twins or Ganondorf. I should talk to Vaati shortly about his behavior. She advised.
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
He had noticed the lack of Khalil's presence in the woods, but to be honest he wasn't sure he cared that the boy was gone. If anything, he supposed he would consider himself glad. Neo had never liked him, and it was obvious he had never liked Neo either - perhaps that was why he left. Or maybe he simply did not like it here. The Svartell boy, either way, was not upset by the other wolf's apparent departure - after all, it would mean less competition. For sure there would have been a fight of sorts in the future if both boys had remained here, and Neo had no plans of leaving.

The explanation from Nyx made his brows wrinkle slightly, and he realised it would make sense. Vaati had seemed to dislike Neo from the moment they made eye contact, though, even before he knew of him being Nyx's ward. Perhaps he had already known? The boy could not be sure. "Alright." He agreed to not mention it - it wasn't something he planned to bring up anyway.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She shook her head to clear her thoughts, the wind seemingly smoothing down her neck fluff as if she was stroking her hair back. Anyway, I had been wondering if you would like to accompany me on a small hunting trip. She asked with curious, bright eyes and the hint of a smile. If her brother had been called a ghost before, she surely would fit the role quite nicely now too. Strange how Nemesis' boldness had only truly rubbed off on Atshen, the rest of her offspring was rather calculating.
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
A small hunting trip sounded good. He hadn't hunted with someone else for a while, so that was a plus. The boy nodded with a grin, flicking his tail. "I'd love to." He replied, thoughts briefly flickering to the first time he'd hunted something. A long time ago, it felt. So fast was the boy growing, only time could tell how great of a warrior he'd become - a soldier, no less. It was his passion, fighting, yet he was not as arrogant as Khalil had been. He didnt think so, at least. That boy had been overly sure of himself and his capabilities - all Neo wanted was to improve

Then again, he supposed Khalil might think the same of him.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She nodded proudly, turning to lead them somewhere outside of their borders. Not too far, for there was no need for it, but far enough away that animals couldn't smell the home of the wolves. It was where they felt safest that they would be, after all. What do you fancy for supper? She questioned, sniffing around to find any trace of a rabbit or bird.
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
As the darker wolfess began to lead, Neo followed swiftly behind, sniffing the air every now and then to see if he could find any trace of prey. At her question, the Spiderling simply shrugged. "I'm not picky." Food was food, after all, and the boy had no favourite. Rather, he would gladly take whatever they could find. "Do you have a preference?" He wouldn't mind hunting for something specific if there was something she particularly wanted, he just didn't mind himself.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
A cold giggle spilled from betwixt her lips, shaking her head. She ate anything that would keep her alive - fancy and befriend anyone that could possibly help her to live longer. I am not allowed to be picky. She answered for a clearer answer. Not with wolves and not with food. She kept on sniffing the air for a trail they could follow, but the area seemed pretty abandoned at that moment.
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
I'm not allowed to be picky. Fair enough, the boy thought, instead of replying with words simply nodding. He continued to walk alongside the Dark Mistress, ash tail waving gently behind him as Neo sniffed the air to check for prey. Nothing yet - perhaps that was Autumn's fault. The Teekon was already beginning to be coated in those dead brown and orange leaves that fell from nearby trees, and the chilly breeze had not gone unnoticed. Nor had the occasional showers of rain.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
He kept silent, and though as much as she liked not having many questions, not having any was a hard thing for her too. But you are, of course. As long as you do not whine about being hungry. She attempted a joke, a slight raise of the corners of her lips the only real indication of this. This kid brought out the best out of her, and she was not sure she liked that. Being awkward was... awkward, she had noticed, and growing up rather alone... She had not ever felt this way before.

She suddenly stopped in her tracks, sniffing the air more than she had when walking, picking up the faint scent of wild rabbit. She looked to Neo then, gaze asking if he smelled what she did.
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
Neo grinned a little, flicking an ear as they walked side by side. He was not one to whine - the very thought almost made him laugh. "I'd never." He chuckled, a small but deep rumble from his chest. His voice certainly had changed, though not all that recently. It was quite a bit deeper than before. The ash wolf did not laugh often so it was a rare sound, one that would still not be heard most times. So good was he at hiding his emotions that even if he had found something amusing he would not usually show it, but he felt no need to do that now.

When Nyx stopped and sniffed the air, the spiderling copied, not missing the scent of rabbit. He turned to her and nodded still holding a grin upon his grey face.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.