Dragoncrest Cliffs ten thousand miles or more
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 

With the scouting party in preparation mode, Thuringwethil has begun to feel a little restless. Her strength and stamina will be need upon their return, should they not be successful in their search, so she can make it to the Caldera. There is plenty to plan between now and when they find her mate that it is hard not to go through each detail with intricacy and she can’t do it all at once, as much as she wants to.

In the moment, she reminds herself.

Thuringwethil makes an attempt to loosen her limbs, stretching her body in a way so that all the muscles in her legs pull with the familiar ache of activity. Over the months since their arrival to the cliffs, she’s gotten use to the lay of the land in the same way she knew the Dragon once before. When she takes off with a start, her speed building, she’s able to maneuver through the redwoods with relative easy.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
280 Posts
Ooc — e
Rogue
Away
(too excited to wait :p) making a couple little assumptions, let me know if i need to change anything!

Acclimating to the dragon-pack is proving easy enough. There is still much he must acclimate to - histories he must learn. And the strange language of the hierarchy, so much heavier than his native tongues. But: that is what he finds he likes about Drageda. It is, like him, solid.

Étoille is mapping the territory he now occupies in slow steps. There is tension in the air, though he is not yet privy to its cause. And so he contents himself with careful explorations for now. The beast knows he must make good on his offerings of himself - as hunter, guardian, scout, whichever they need. But for now he will wait for the shape he will fit into accordingly.

It seems he is not the only one out. He smells her before he sees her, and the name of her rank springs into his mind. Heda. The new word is one of few that does not mangle in his french tongue. He has not met her yet, but it would be hard to not recognize her anyway. (As he was with the man at the border, Étoille is pleased by her impressive size. He can't help it.) She seems busy, but he does not wish to startle her and so he lowers his massive head and offers a respectful chuff in greeting.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
She smells the thickness of his presence early on and locks on to a trail that ultimately leads to him. It cuts her run short but she can feel the wheeze in her chest, urging her to stop. Her energy increases every day but she quickly depletes it through basic tasks, even more when running at what her current ability will allow as her top speed. Her lungs burn and her legs become tired but she slows to a stop several yards away so that she can spare a few seconds to compose herself. Her steel eyes close for a moment and she takes a few, closed mouth breaths until she’s settled enough not to be totally winded. Still, her sides heave but she’s able to get by with a little panting instead of her usual stoic expression.

Thuringwethil clears her throat before she speaks, taking a deep breath ahead of time. Meeting someone for the first time is always when she wants to be her best self but down nearly fifteen pounds than she should be, she knows she doesn’t meet her full expectation.

“Étoille,” she says carefully, though she is not certain she hasn’t just mangled it. Dio had already informed her of the newest recruit. Normally, her say is final but being unable to lift her head more than a few minutes for a number of days she had to put trust in those meant to have her trust already. The brute is of a good size, which is often impressive enough on its own, and she quickly looks him over before she settles comfortably on his two toned face. For a moment, she wonders briefly if this is how Artaax will look when he is grown.
Trigedasleng · Common
280 Posts
Ooc — e
Rogue
Away

He notes her condition without comment - it is hardly a secret that their heda had been ill but was recovering nicely, and it is not Étoille's place to pry. Even knowing that she is in a weakened condition, the titan is impressed by her size (a feeling he seems to encounter often within these borders. Nice call, Étoille.)

Embarrassedly he realises she has caught him at a disadvantage. He did not expect her to have his name but it makes sense - but he does not have hers. He dips his head again, not bothering to correct her pronunciation, and says, "heda." He pauses, and then politely adds, "I am glad to meet you." It would be an opportune time to ask for her name but he feels too awkward about it. Besides, presumably, he will eventually learn it. Eventually.

1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
After a moment, she’s able to keep a steady breath. Her lungs don’t burn and the wind in her chest subsides. “It is good to meet you,” she repeats back to him with a curve of her lips. The panting has ceased, as well, and the urge to keep her feet moving despite the run remains high. She only has little information about the new recruit but he has to be good enough to get by Dio. Her right as commander to know about her wolves, the ones she protects and works for is still there and so it does not give her hesitation to point her nose to walk with her, moving toward nowhere necessarily in particular.

“You have come at a tense time,” she explains, this much she is not sure, and she glances toward him anyway to see if he follows. “Two of our own are missing. We will be sending a search party to look for them in the morning,” she explains, knowing the commotion of the pack can often be felt by atmosphere alone and the newest wolves shouldn’t be oblivious to the things that impact them all.
Trigedasleng · Common
280 Posts
Ooc — e
Rogue
Away

When Heda moves forward, Étoille falls into step behind her obediently. He is grateful for it, even - in truth standing around and talking has never been a strong suit of his. Much easier to be moving, listening, not having to play social games. Though this is not a playful conversation as she wastes no time in cluing him in to those tensions he'd picked up on. "I see," he murmurs. Étoille thinks of what he told Dio at the border and adds, "if I can be of assistance in any way," wanting to make himself useful. Over the past few months the titan has made his way across much of these Teekon lands, and though he surely has blind spots, he knows that could be an asset. "Is there a specific location you are searching," the man asks after a moment in his usual not-quite-a-question way, watching the Heda carefully for her response.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Thuringwethil epects the answer he gives her. As someone new, and a need to prove themselves, he offers as much of himself as any of those within Drageda. “Those going out scouting will be searching through areas close for any sign of them. She was going to Redhawk Caldera to visit her family,” she explains. “We don’t know how to get there, so part of the mission is to map part of the teekon we’ve not explored.” She is saving the trip to the pack for when she can make the expedition, wishing to breech their borders herself so she can know. They can take Eljay, sure that even if he does not know how to get there, he can help them when they are somewhere familiar to him.
Trigedasleng · Common
280 Posts
Ooc — e
Rogue
Away
 Redhawk Caldera. Of all the places. Étoille pauses, blinks, and then continues moving again. "I have been by the Caldera," he says, voice rumbling slightly more than usual - his odd way of being excited. "When I first arrived, I met a girl near-by. Towhee." It has been a couple months since that encounter by the lake, and he does not know the exact location of the borders, but he knows enough, knows the direction back from Drageda. Still - he does not want to give the wrong impression, so he clarifies: "Mais, I have not been exactly to the borders. There is a lake nearby, where I met this girl, and a forest. I came from there to get here." This is, perhaps, the most Étoille has ever spoken in one sitting but he is eager to share his knowledge. It is - serendipitous, even. He hopes the Heda thinks so as well.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Thuringwethil notes the falter in his steps but she isn't going to acknowledge it, and he quickly explains. It causes her to slow similarly but she barely skips a beat as she sorts through the sudden change of plans. Her ears cup stiffly forward and she gives him a glance. He is new within Drageda and she hesitates to give him such a big responsibility so soon, especially one delicate and time sensitive. They have not built trust with one another and so much could go wrong but being their only lead, and a new advancement to help find her mate, she nods and takes a breath.

"I would like you to go with them. To help map and search with them for the second journey. We cannot waste much time away from Drageda," she explains. When she goes, should she have to, she doesn't want to be far from her home. Their guard will not be as strong and should something go awry, she needs to be home to protect. Still, they did not leave their own loyal members behind, especially her mate.
Trigedasleng · Common
280 Posts
Ooc — e
Rogue
Away
Étoille is not completely surprised by her decision. But it still makes him feel warm in a way he forgot he could be. Perhaps he is more of a pack-animal than he likes to think of himself. He is secretly quite pleased they are not immediately returning to the Caldera - it would be a tall order for the still-new recruit, and he would like the opportunity to flesh out his relationships in the pack. To accompany the scouting mission is the opportunity he was looking for. He inclines his head once again. "Understood," the titan says. "I will join them. Where shall I report in the morning?"
fjkhkfd not gr8 sorry 'w'
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The brute takes the newest job with ease and Thuringwethil is thankful. It will be helpful to have a wolf familiar with the area south of them and with the ability to know where they will need to go should this mission turn up empty handed. There’s a part of her that wants to skip this mission entirely but she hesitates, wanting to give the wolves a chance to discover what they can. Perhaps they will find the answers they need and Wildfire and Arlo will return home but, until then, she waits for the next step. These wolves will set out on their mission in the morning and soon they will have answers. “Eske will call for the group in the morning. You will follow her command.”
Trigedasleng · Common
280 Posts
Ooc — e
Rogue
Away
wrappin this up? :3

He accepts her order with a dip of his head: "oui, Heda." Caught on the edge of oui, heda becomes 'eda, a slip he hopes she does not mind. Étoille waits for a proper dismissal before heading out, but it is only hours later that it will occur to him: he never learned the Commander's name.

Ah well. There is time yet.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The brute takes instruction easily and without much question. There isn’t much to inquire about, at least, and she knows she isn’t doing anything crazy that any other pack wouldn’t do but the easiness of a new wolf in their culture is welcoming. Some have questioned things in the past, not that she thinks it is wrong, but hopefully his loyalty will root deep in Drageda as it has in others where some have been flighty. The task at hand is important and she knows she needs him to lead them to the caldera should they need to go but for the time being she has nothing else to add. Her nose dips once in dismissal before she goes about her business prior to running into him.
Trigedasleng · Common