Blacktail Deer Plateau you were a petal in the soot-dark breeze
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
All Welcome 
Howl was gone, and Grayday had his own errands to run - he planned on having Sylvas and Kieran hold down the fort - but that didn't mean he could just up and leave without taking care of his business here, first. First and foremost were his children, of course, but there was one wolf in particular with whom a visit was long overdue. Grayday was looking for @Heartha.

It was easy to track her, but the male wanted to be courteous. "Heartha?" he called when he thought he was close, not wanting to startle her, or come upon her while she was unaware of his presence.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha lifted her head to see who was speaking. And when she saw it was Grayday, she wasn't sure how to react at first. She tucked her tail close across her belly, laying down on her side when he arrived. She was laying amongst roots, nestled between them while she waited for Howl to come back and tell her the den was ready. She wanted it to be ready for when her time was to come.

"Grayday...H-Hello Grayday, I did not expect you to come by" she said in response, resting her head back down as she felt more relaxed. She was curious as to why Grayday was here, however.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday slipped by a few more trees and soon came upon the aging shewolf. He sank to his haunches beside her, so that they could see each others' faces while they spoke. He hadn't spoken directly to the woman since she'd approached him with Howl, and he regretted it now that he saw how tired and worn she looked. "I wanted to say - well..." He'd been about to say that he forgave her, but that didn't seem quite right. He wasn't sure if it was forgiveness he was feeling, or pity, or if he was just tired of keeping score. Did it matter? "I'm not angry anymore," he said simply. He did not say that he wished that she'd waited or that he worried about the future of both their children, although these things were still very true. "I've bred without the permission of my alpha, and I understand... I understand that need that you feel. There was a time when I was sick with the thought of a childless future. I don't want that for you."
What's Mine is Ours
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha was confused at first as he began to spoke, but it immediately set aside to be replaced by a feeling of gladness, to know he was not angry. Even though she still felt guilty about what it all caused. 

Although what he said next, that she did not expect, not at all. Who had been the one he bred with? And what pack had he been in? How understanding had his alpha been? All these wuestions she pushed aside to pay more attention. "Grayday...thank you. I never meant for this to happen...but to hear you say that puts me at ease..." A question she did not think before popped in. "How is...how is Khoe? And your kids?"
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day allowed his tail to beat the ground twice in tired but heartfelt relief. Things were settled between them, and if he died tomorrow, Grayday would find himself in the Cat's jaws with one less black mark on his spirit. He couldn't help but feel glad, even when Heartha brought up something of a sore point for the male.

"The kids are doing well," he assured her, "but I don't know where Khoe is. She's been... different lately. Colder. I don't think she wants to be with me anymore."

This feeling had been growing in the male ever since that first fight in the den. He could sooner forgive Heartha's transgressions than Khoe's, considering the gravity of his mate's actions. He wondered if she felt similarly about him. Did she look at him with the same unforgivness with which he looked at her?

"I don't know what happened between us," he sighed, knowing, as he spoke, that this was only a partial truth.
What's Mine is Ours
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha felt good knowing the kids of Grayday and Khoe were safe and doing well. However, the news on Khoe. She couldn't help but feel that were her fault in the matter. The last she saw of Khoe, there had been some unsavory words from one of them. 

"I am sorry to hear that..." She did not want to mention her last meeting with Khoe, fearing it had something to do with Day's mate acting so cold. But she doubted that was all that was between them. "Everything, besides Khoe, it is all well then?" By that, she meant the rest of the pack.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day's ears fell back against his head. He wished he could tell Heartha that everything was alright. "Everyone seems to be healthy," he said hesitantly, looking down at his paws. Did he say it? What was more important - the truth, or Heartha's peace of mind? "You don't need to worry," he said, deciding that they could be more frank with Heartha when she was of a less delicate constitution. She needed to save her strength, and worrying was the opposite of that. If it'd been Khoe, Day wouldn't have dreamed of keeping things from her... but Khoe was made of sterner stuff.

"Do you need anything?" he asked her, wanting to change the subject before she asked anything more. He didn't think she'd be able to tell he was lying (he had a lot of practice, and he was very good at it), but that didn't mean she wouldn't figure it out with enough clues.
What's Mine is Ours
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha smiled gently. Grayday was so great at caring for others, that the pack was doing fine. She was meant to be helping care for others with what she knew, but she aimed to do so after, when she had time to help. 

When Day asked how she was, she lightly shrugged, eyes trailing away for a moment. "The usual with pregnancy...though I have this little cough, doesn't seem to be anything but a tickle in the throat...The things I've been seeing seem to be gone too." For the time being, she hadn't been that stressed lately. 

"After this," She gestured to her stomach, "when I have time and if any help will be needed, I will be there. I promise, for all you've done for me." While Day's children were still young, she would try to help wth her own and his, as a den mother should.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day's eyes narrowed at Heartha's mention of a cough. Even as mild as it was, the male didn't like the sound of that. A cough could be any number of things, and while it was probably nothing more than a slight cold, Day had promised to take care of Heartha while Howl was away.

"Is there anything I cam get you? Herbs or something?" he asked, wishing fleetingly that Adeline were there to tell him what to do for the woman.
What's Mine is Ours
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha wasn't too sure. The only herbs she knew about, well they were mostly for after or during birth, to help with milk production. Still, they could always prepare. "I may need some parsley, for after they come. It helps with mi-" She stopped midsentence with the tickle in her throat, another cough. She didn't admit it, but it was actually rather sore, as was her chest.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
An axious furrow was growing quickly upon the leader's brow. Parsely wouldn't be a problem; Grayday knew how to find that. But he didn't like the sound of that cough, and he wouldn't even know where to start looking for herbs to help her with it. He wished for Adeline more than ever.

"I'll find it," he promised, rising and giving her cheek a parting nudge before heading off for the herb.
What's Mine is Ours
353 Posts
Ooc —
SHe smiled again, in thanks to Grayday's gracious offer to help. "Thank you..." she mumbled, feeling a little sleepy. "Oh, and a rabbit!" She quickly shouted out, when it came to mind. She felt suddenly hungry as well. Although something bigger would do, she was fine with a rabbit.