Panther Park twelve seconds, and you're in the wrong booth.
141 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Hope it's ok if I jump in!

Finding the flatlands to her liking, Miyako had decided to stick around for a while, preying on deer that had broken their legs and were unable to carry on with the rest of their families. After a while, she got a little bored of the golden plains and wandered a little bit further south, seeing trees in the distance. Under the trees, it was cool and dark, and she found herself meandering through with curiosity, eyes slowly adjusting to the dim light.

A low growl startled her, and she stopped dead in her tracks, heart in her throat. In front of her, a big cat snarled over its prey, a small adolescent buck, blood dripping from its massive jaws. Miyako knew how vicious mountain lions could be--they occasionally wandered down from the mountains to the coastline, her father having more than one confrontation with the creatures. She backed off quickly, keeping her body language neutral, and sidled off sideways, breathing a sigh of relief as the cat resumed ripping flesh.

She kept the corner of her eye fixed on the lion until it was hidden behind trees, then took off at a swifter pace, flitting through the forest until she reached a small stream. Wanting to wash the acrid taste of adrenaline from her mouth, Miyako dipped her head to drink, and was about to lap up the cool forest water when she noticed movement close by. Great, another fucking lion, she thought--and was surprised to find another wolf, just a few feet away.

"Oh, hey," she greeted, keeping her voice low. "I'm sorry if I startled you." Too late, she noticed the anxiety in the wolf's eyes, her legs trembling ever so faintly. "Are you okay? Do you need help?"

Miyako wasn't one to usually offer help except to those who truly needed it. This girl really looked like she truly needed it.
Messages In This Thread
twelve seconds, and you're in the wrong booth. - by Liffey - September 07, 2017, 06:47 PM
RE: twelve seconds, and you're in the wrong booth. - by Miyako - September 08, 2017, 05:17 PM