Neverwinter Forest painted the hunger onto my skin
141 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
finally we catch a break, haha

The gash the deer's hoof left on her left temple opened with her rapid movement, dribbling scarlet blood into her eye. She had no time but to blink it away as she continued pursuit, seeing the male give her a brief nod in the corner of her vision. Nearly as soon as that happened, his head snaked forward and pierced the deer's leg, bringing it down with a tremendous bellow.

"Put it out of its misery," she heard him say--more like command--to her through a haze of adrenaline, giddy from the hunt. Trembling ever so slightly, she nodded curtly in acceptance and trotted next to the deer, which was dragging itself slowly, pitifully, away from where it had fallen, bleeding slowly from its injured leg.

There was no killing leap--Miyako merely had to rear up on her hind legs and sink her teeth into the buck's jugular, releasing a spurt of hot blood that soaked her muzzle and neck. She let go the animal and watched it sink down again, the life leaving its eyes like a flame slowly extinguished. Licking her lips, she shook the blood gently from her pelt and turned to face the male.

"Nice," she said, pointing her nose briefly at the kill. "Thanks for taking him down with me." Miyako took a step or two forward, ears pricked curiously. "I just realized I don't even know your name, or who you are, really. I'm Miyako. I'm pretty new here." The blood had ceased trickling from her head wound as it began to clot, beginning the healing process. Remembering his own injury, her gaze flicked to his shoulder. "How's your shoulder feel?"
Messages In This Thread
painted the hunger onto my skin - by RIP Wintersbane - September 10, 2017, 11:04 AM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by Miyako - September 10, 2017, 12:04 PM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by RIP Wintersbane - September 10, 2017, 03:16 PM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by Miyako - September 11, 2017, 07:55 PM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by RIP Wintersbane - September 13, 2017, 03:35 AM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by Miyako - September 13, 2017, 08:20 PM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by RIP Wintersbane - September 15, 2017, 04:02 PM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by Miyako - September 15, 2017, 04:33 PM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by RIP Wintersbane - September 15, 2017, 06:07 PM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by Miyako - September 15, 2017, 06:40 PM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by RIP Wintersbane - September 16, 2017, 04:14 AM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by Miyako - September 16, 2017, 03:25 PM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by RIP Wintersbane - September 17, 2017, 04:01 AM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by Miyako - September 18, 2017, 12:21 PM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by RIP Wintersbane - September 19, 2017, 05:44 PM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by Miyako - September 22, 2017, 01:17 AM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by RIP Wintersbane - September 22, 2017, 02:30 AM
RE: painted the hunger onto my skin - by Miyako - September 24, 2017, 10:54 AM